|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
(d) She lies.
2. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
3. What is the name of Audre's first boyfriend?
4. What is the name of the librarian who helps the protagonist learn to read?
(a) Barbara Hall.
(b) August Baker.
(c) Louisa May.
(d) Eudora Smith.
5. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
(a) Attention from her father.
(c) Male acceptance.
(d) Female acceptance.
6. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
(a) Chop herbs.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Pound spices.
(d) Butcher meat.
7. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A new home.
(b) A new baby.
(c) A pet.
(d) A new car.
8. How many sisters does Audre have?
9. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(b) Political institutions and history.
(d) Educational systems.
10. What is the name of the author's first grade teacher?
(a) Sister Mary of Perpetual Help.
(b) Sister Jane of Hope.
(c) Mary Grace.
(d) Lilly Smith.
11. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
12. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His receipts.
(b) His inventory.
(c) His money.
(d) His books.
13. What is the name of the island filled with women that the author focuses on in Chapter 1?
14. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
(a) The mortar.
(b) The whisk.
(c) The knife.
(d) A wooden spoon.
15. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A nurse's aide.
(b) A library clerk.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Audre feel when she loses the position that she ran for in middle school?
2. What profession are Audre's friends Jean and Gennie in the book?
3. How does Audre rock her first playmate?
4. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
5. What nationality is the woman whom Audre finds to help her with her pregnancy?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)