|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
(a) Washington, D.C.
2. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
3. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
4. What is the name that expresses how Carriacou women love one another in the book?
5. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
6. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) Gets a doctor to look at it.
(b) Tries to get an abortion.
(c) Looks for an adoption agency.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
7. What office does Audre run for in her middle school?
(a) Class secretary.
(b) Class treasurer.
(c) Class vice president.
(d) Class president.
8. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
(a) Chicken soup.
(d) Roast beef.
9. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
(c) Irish tone.
10. What profession are Audre's friends Jean and Gennie in the book?
11. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
(a) Find a new boyfriend.
(b) Move out of her parent's house.
(c) Start college.
(d) Get a job.
12. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
(b) Full of abuse.
13. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
(a) The Branded.
(b) The Stained.
(c) Sistah Outsiders.
(d) The Slashed.
14. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
(c) The Bronx.
15. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
2. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
3. Whom does Audre complain to about her mother at her high school?
4. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
5. How does Audre rock her first playmate?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)