Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Audre run for in her middle school?
(a) Class president.
(b) Class treasurer.
(c) Class secretary.
(d) Class vice president.
2. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
(a) Racial and sexual.
3. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
4. What is the name of the librarian who helps the protagonist learn to read?
(a) Eudora Smith.
(b) August Baker.
(c) Louisa May.
(d) Barbara Hall.
5. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
(c) Washington, D.C.
6. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Her race.
(b) Her full name.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Her blood type.
7. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
8. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His inventory.
(b) His receipts.
(c) His money.
(d) His books.
9. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A comic book storeowner.
10. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Guardian prayers.
(b) Hail Marys.
(c) Prayers of scripture.
(d) Angel prayers.
11. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
12. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her alphabet.
(b) Her first name.
(c) Made up stories.
(d) Her last name.
13. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
(a) A book of short stories.
(b) A fiction novel.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) A children's book.
14. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
15. What does Audre say her sisters are to her while they are growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the author's first grade teacher?
2. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
3. How does Gennie die in the book?
4. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
5. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)