|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre's mother do on election days when Audre is young?
(a) She keeps a drink stand.
(b) She keeps a food stand.
(c) She protests outside.
(d) She works at the voting booths.
2. How does Audre rock her first playmate?
(a) Like a fish.
(b) Like a doll.
(c) Like a dog.
(d) Like a bird.
3. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her alphabet.
(b) Her last name.
(c) Made up stories.
(d) Her first name.
4. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(a) Brush their hair.
(d) Sneak out.
5. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
(d) Irish tone.
6. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
7. What is the name of the lecherous man who Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) James Baker.
(b) Alvin Jones.
(c) John Brady.
(d) Max Wint.
8. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
(a) A new mother.
(b) A little sister.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) A girlfriend.
9. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
11. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His books.
(b) His receipts.
(c) His inventory.
(d) His money.
12. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Makes love with him.
(b) Breaks up with him.
(c) Marries him.
(d) Fights with him.
13. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
14. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
15. What does Audre say her sisters are to her while they are growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
2. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
3. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
4. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
5. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)