|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is crushed.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is angry.
2. What does Audre's mother do on election days when Audre is young?
(a) She keeps a drink stand.
(b) She keeps a food stand.
(c) She protests outside.
(d) She works at the voting booths.
3. Who is against Audre running for office in her middle school?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
(a) Making love.
(b) A kiss.
5. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
6. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(a) Science and manual dexterity.
(c) Reading and math.
(d) Math and science.
7. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
(a) The Slashed.
(b) The Stained.
(c) The Branded.
(d) Sistah Outsiders.
8. What nationality is the woman whom Audre finds to help her with her pregnancy?
9. What is the name of the school that Audre attends as the first black student?
(a) St. Patrick of Hope.
(b) St. Ignatius.
(c) St. Mary's Episcopal.
(d) St. Catherine's School.
10. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
(a) She likes pounding meat.
(b) She likes pounding garlic.
(c) It takes patience.
(d) The smell is nice.
11. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
12. Whom does Audre complain to about her mother at her high school?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her principal.
(c) A school counselor.
(d) A teacher.
13. How does Audre rock her first playmate?
(a) Like a doll.
(b) Like a fish.
(c) Like a dog.
(d) Like a bird.
14. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His books.
(b) His money.
(c) His inventory.
(d) His receipts.
15. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre say her sisters are to her while they are growing up?
2. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
3. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
4. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
5. What is the name of the librarian who helps the protagonist learn to read?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)