|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island filled with women that the author focuses on in Chapter 1?
2. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 month.
3. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
(a) Undresses her.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Puts makeup on her.
(d) Hit her.
4. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her first name.
(b) Her alphabet.
(c) Her last name.
(d) Made up stories.
5. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
(a) The smell is nice.
(b) She likes pounding meat.
(c) It takes patience.
(d) She likes pounding garlic.
6. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) Sister Mary Lawrence.
(d) Ann Archdeacon.
7. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
(d) Irish tone.
8. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
(c) Washington, D.C.
9. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
10. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
(c) Full of abuse.
11. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
(b) A kiss.
(c) Making love.
12. What is the name of Audre's first love?
13. What is the name of Audre's first playmate?
14. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A new baby.
(b) A pet.
(c) A new car.
(d) A new home.
15. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
(b) Female acceptance.
(c) Attention from her father.
(d) Male acceptance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession are Audre's friends Jean and Gennie in the book?
2. What is the name of Audre's first boyfriend?
3. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
4. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
5. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)