|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Audre when she meets her first playmate?
2. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
(a) Female acceptance.
(c) Male acceptance.
(d) Attention from her father.
3. What nationality is the woman whom Audre finds to help her with her pregnancy?
4. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
5. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
6. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Hail Marys.
(b) Guardian prayers.
(c) Prayers of scripture.
(d) Angel prayers.
7. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
(a) A children's book.
(b) A book of short stories.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) A fiction novel.
8. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(a) Educational systems.
(b) Political institutions and history.
9. Which of Audre's friends in The Branded attempts suicide several times?
10. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
11. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
12. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
(a) The whisk.
(b) The mortar.
(c) The knife.
(d) A wooden spoon.
13. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
14. What office does Audre run for in her middle school?
(a) Class treasurer.
(b) Class secretary.
(c) Class president.
(d) Class vice president.
15. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
2. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
3. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
4. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
5. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)