|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
2. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
(a) Pound spices.
(b) Butcher meat.
(c) Bake bread.
(d) Chop herbs.
4. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her glasses.
5. How does Gennie die in the book?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She takes rat poison.
(c) She cuts her wrists.
(d) She shoots herself.
6. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
(a) She likes pounding garlic.
(b) It takes patience.
(c) The smell is nice.
(d) She likes pounding meat.
7. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
8. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
(c) She lies.
9. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Puts makeup on her.
(c) Undresses her.
(d) Hit her.
10. What tragedy occurs at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) World War I.
(c) D Day.
(d) The Vietnam War.
11. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
12. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
(a) Her alphabet.
(b) Her last name.
(c) Her first name.
(d) Made up stories.
13. What is the name of the group of good kids in the author's elementary school class?
14. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) Looks for an adoption agency.
(b) Tries to get an abortion.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Gets a doctor to look at it.
15. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
2. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
3. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
4. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
5. What is the name of Audre's first love?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)