|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
2. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
(c) She lies.
4. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
5. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
6. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her necklace.
7. What job does an aptitude test suggest Audre have when she takes it in high school?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A dental technician.
8. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is in denial.
(b) She is crushed.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is indifferent.
9. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
10. What is the name of the lecherous man who Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) Max Wint.
(b) James Baker.
(c) John Brady.
(d) Alvin Jones.
11. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
(a) St. Catherine's School.
(b) St. Mary's of Hope.
(c) Baker High School.
(d) Hunter College High School.
12. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
(c) Washington, D.C.
13. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
(a) A book of short stories.
(b) An autobiography.
(c) A fiction novel.
(d) A children's book.
14. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
(a) A little sister.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) A new mother.
15. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(a) Science and manual dexterity.
(b) Reading and math.
(c) Math and science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
2. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
3. What is the name of the group of good kids in the author's elementary school class?
4. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
5. What is the name of the boy in the author's class who helps her fit in with the good kids?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)