|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
(a) St. Catherine's School.
(b) St. Mary's of Hope.
(c) Baker High School.
(d) Hunter College High School.
2. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
(c) Full of abuse.
3. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
(a) The Branded.
(b) Sistah Outsiders.
(c) The Slashed.
(d) The Stained.
4. How many sisters does Audre have?
5. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her purse.
6. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
(a) Male acceptance.
(b) Attention from her father.
(c) Female acceptance.
7. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) The whisk.
(c) The knife.
(d) The mortar.
8. What is the name of the island filled with women that the author focuses on in Chapter 1?
9. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Fights with him.
(b) Marries him.
(c) Makes love with him.
(d) Breaks up with him.
11. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His books.
(b) His inventory.
(c) His receipts.
(d) His money.
12. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is crushed.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is indifferent.
13. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
14. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
15. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A library clerk.
(c) A cook.
(d) A nurse's aide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does working with her father make Audre feel?
2. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
3. How does Gennie die in the book?
4. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
5. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)