|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
2. How old is Audre when she is raped on a rooftop?
3. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A library clerk.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A nurse's aide.
4. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His money.
(b) His receipts.
(c) His books.
(d) His inventory.
5. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
(a) She lies.
6. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
(a) Baker High School.
(b) Hunter College High School.
(c) St. Catherine's School.
(d) St. Mary's of Hope.
8. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
9. How many sisters does Audre have?
10. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is in denial.
(d) She is crushed.
11. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
12. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(b) Reading and math.
(c) Science and manual dexterity.
(d) Math and science.
13. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Puts makeup on her.
(d) Undresses her.
14. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Breaks up with him.
(b) Fights with him.
(c) Makes love with him.
(d) Marries him.
15. How does Audre rock her first playmate?
(a) Like a doll.
(b) Like a dog.
(c) Like a bird.
(d) Like a fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability is the protagonist born with?
2. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
3. What is the name of Audre's first boyfriend?
4. How does working with her father make Audre feel?
5. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)