|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) Ann Archdeacon.
(d) Sister Mary Lawrence.
2. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(a) Educational systems.
(d) Political institutions and history.
3. What does Audre believe led to her becoming a writer?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her Harlem neighborhood.
(c) Making up her own stories.
(d) Her heritage.
4. What is the name of the boy in the author's class who helps her fit in with the good kids?
5. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
(a) Her principal.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her teacher.
6. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
7. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(a) Sneak out.
(b) Brush their hair.
8. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
(a) Pound spices.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Chop herbs.
(d) Butcher meat.
9. What is the relationship between Gennie and Louisa in the book?
(d) Mother and daughter.
10. Who is against Audre running for office in her middle school?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
11. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
12. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
13. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
(a) The Slashed.
(b) The Stained.
(c) Sistah Outsiders.
(d) The Branded.
14. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
(d) Full of abuse.
15. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
2. What disability is the protagonist born with?
3. How many sisters does Audre have?
4. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
5. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)