|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
2. What disability is the protagonist born with?
(a) No fingers.
(c) One arm.
(d) Near blindness.
3. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
(a) Making love.
(b) A kiss.
4. How many sisters does Audre have?
5. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) Sister Mary Lawrence.
(b) Ann Archdeacon.
6. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. Whom does Audre share a bed with growing up?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousin.
8. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A nurse's aide.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A library clerk.
9. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 month.
10. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) The mortar.
(c) The whisk.
(d) The knife.
11. What does Audre say her sisters are to her while they are growing up?
12. What color coat does Audre's first playmate wear?
13. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(b) Political institutions and history.
(d) Educational systems.
14. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
(c) Poetry writing.
(d) Pottery making.
15. What is the name of Audre's first playmate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
2. What is the name of the lecherous man who Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
3. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
4. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
5. What does Audre believe led to her becoming a writer?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)