|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
(a) The Stained.
(b) The Slashed.
(c) Sistah Outsiders.
(d) The Branded.
2. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Her blood type.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her full name.
(d) Her race.
3. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(a) Brush their hair.
(d) Sneak out.
4. How does Gennie die in the book?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She takes rat poison.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She cuts her wrists.
5. Whom does Audre complain to about her mother at her high school?
(a) A school counselor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) Her principal.
(d) Her cousin.
6. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
7. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His money.
(b) His books.
(c) His receipts.
(d) His inventory.
8. What is the relationship between Gennie and Louisa in the book?
(d) Mother and daughter.
9. What is the name of Audre's first love?
10. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Undresses her.
(d) Puts makeup on her.
11. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
(a) Having friends.
(b) Having pets.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Making up stories.
12. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
13. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
14. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
15. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
(a) Move out of her parent's house.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Find a new boyfriend.
(d) Start college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Audre feel when she loses the position that she ran for in middle school?
2. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of the author's first grade teacher?
4. What is the name of the group of good kids in the author's elementary school class?
5. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)