|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Puts makeup on her.
(c) Undresses her.
(d) Brushes her hair.
2. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) Tries to kill herself.
(b) Gets a doctor to look at it.
(c) Tries to get an abortion.
(d) Looks for an adoption agency.
3. How does Audre describe her relationship with her family when she is in high school?
(a) Full of abuse.
4. How does working with her father make Audre feel?
5. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
(a) The Bronx.
6. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Having pets.
(c) Making up stories.
(d) Having friends.
7. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
(a) It takes patience.
(b) She likes pounding garlic.
(c) The smell is nice.
(d) She likes pounding meat.
8. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Breaks up with him.
(b) Makes love with him.
(c) Fights with him.
(d) Marries him.
9. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
10. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
(d) Irish tone.
11. What is the name of the boy in the author's class who helps her fit in with the good kids?
12. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
13. What is the relationship between Gennie and Louisa in the book?
(a) Mother and daughter.
14. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A nurse's aide.
(b) A cook.
(c) A library clerk.
(d) A teacher.
15. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
(a) Baker High School.
(b) Hunter College High School.
(c) St. Catherine's School.
(d) St. Mary's of Hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
2. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
3. What does Audre love to do in the kitchen with her mother?
4. What is the name of Audre's first love?
5. Who is against Audre running for office in her middle school?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)