|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(a) Sneak out.
(d) Brush their hair.
2. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 10 minutes.
4. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
5. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
6. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Makes love with him.
(b) Fights with him.
(c) Breaks up with him.
(d) Marries him.
7. Which of Audre's friends in The Branded attempts suicide several times?
8. Whom does Audre share a bed with growing up?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her sisters.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her mother.
9. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
10. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(b) Political institutions and history.
(d) Educational systems.
11. What is the name of the lecherous man who Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) Max Wint.
(b) Alvin Jones.
(c) James Baker.
(d) John Brady.
12. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
13. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
(a) The whisk.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) The knife.
(d) The mortar.
14. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
(b) Making love.
(d) A kiss.
15. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Audre's first playmate?
2. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
3. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the boy in the author's class who helps her fit in with the good kids?
5. What nationality is the woman whom Audre finds to help her with her pregnancy?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)