|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) Ann Archdeacon.
(d) Sister Mary Lawrence.
2. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A little sister.
(d) A new mother.
3. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
4. How much does Audre tell her family about her molestation in Chapter 6?
(d) She lies.
5. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
6. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
7. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
(a) Having pets.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Making up stories.
(d) Having friends.
8. What is the name of Audre's first love?
9. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is crushed.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is in denial.
10. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
(c) Chicken soup.
(d) Roast beef.
11. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
12. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
(a) The Branded.
(b) The Slashed.
(c) The Stained.
(d) Sistah Outsiders.
13. How many sisters does Audre have?
14. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
(c) The Bronx.
15. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A library clerk.
(d) A nurse's aide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
2. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
3. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What is Audre afraid is wrong with her after she finds help with her pregnancy?
5. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)