|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects did Audre learn well in elementary school that help her in her next school?
(a) Science and math.
(b) History and math.
(c) Math and reading.
(d) Reading and Writing.
2. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
3. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
(a) Baker High School.
(b) St. Mary's of Hope.
(c) Hunter College High School.
(d) St. Catherine's School.
4. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Fights with him.
(b) Makes love with him.
(c) Breaks up with him.
(d) Marries him.
5. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) Tries to kill herself.
(b) Looks for an adoption agency.
(c) Gets a doctor to look at it.
(d) Tries to get an abortion.
6. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A nurse's aide.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A library clerk.
7. Which of Audre's friends in The Branded attempts suicide several times?
8. How old is Audre when she meets her first playmate?
9. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
10. What is the name of the group of bad kids in the author's elementary school class?
11. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is in denial.
(c) She is crushed.
(d) She is angry.
12. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
13. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
14. What is the name of Audre's first love?
15. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
(a) She likes pounding garlic.
(b) The smell is nice.
(c) It takes patience.
(d) She likes pounding meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
2. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
3. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
4. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
5. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)