|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
(a) A cook.
(b) A comic book storeowner.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A teacher.
2. What is the name the author and her family are called due to their light black skin?
(a) Irish tone.
3. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
4. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Chicken soup.
5. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(b) Math and science.
(c) Science and manual dexterity.
(d) Reading and math.
6. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
(b) Racial and sexual.
7. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(a) Educational systems.
(c) Political institutions and history.
8. What does Audre have a deep need for even as a young child?
(a) Female acceptance.
(c) Attention from her father.
(d) Male acceptance.
9. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His books.
(b) His money.
(c) His inventory.
(d) His receipts.
10. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
11. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A new mother.
(c) A boyfriend.
(d) A little sister.
12. How old is Audre when she is raped on a rooftop?
13. How does Gennie die in the book?
(a) She takes rat poison.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She cuts her wrists.
14. What subjects did Audre learn well in elementary school that help her in her next school?
(a) Math and reading.
(b) Reading and Writing.
(c) History and math.
(d) Science and math.
15. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does an aptitude test suggest Audre have when she takes it in high school?
2. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
3. What kitchen tool to use of her mother's does Audre love?
4. What is the name of the school that Audre attends as the first black student?
5. How old is Audre when she meets her first playmate?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)