|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Guardian prayers.
(b) Prayers of scripture.
(c) Angel prayers.
(d) Hail Marys.
2. What nationality is the woman whom Audre finds to help her with her pregnancy?
3. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Undresses her.
(d) Puts makeup on her.
4. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
5. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
6. How does Gennie die in the book?
(a) She takes rat poison.
(b) She drowns.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She cuts her wrists.
7. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
8. What job does Audre get just after graduating from high school?
(a) A cook.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A nurse's aide.
(d) A library clerk.
9. How many sisters does Audre have?
10. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(b) Science and manual dexterity.
(c) Reading and math.
(d) Math and science.
11. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Marries him.
(b) Breaks up with him.
(c) Fights with him.
(d) Makes love with him.
12. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
13. What is the name of the group of good kids in the author's elementary school class?
14. What kind of positions does the author begin taking in life starting in Chapter 2?
15. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the author's first grade teacher?
2. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
3. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
4. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
5. What is the name of the librarian who helps the protagonist learn to read?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)