|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession are Audre's friends Jean and Gennie in the book?
2. How does working with her father make Audre feel?
3. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
4. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
(a) Puts makeup on her.
(b) Undresses her.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Brushes her hair.
5. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A pet.
(b) A new baby.
(c) A new car.
(d) A new home.
6. How does Audre feel when she loses the position that she ran for in middle school?
7. Who comes to visit Audre's house just after Gennie's death?
8. Which of Audre's friends in The Branded attempts suicide several times?
9. What does Audre decide to do just after graduating high school?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Start college.
(c) Find a new boyfriend.
(d) Move out of her parent's house.
10. How old is Audre when she is raped on a rooftop?
11. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(c) Brush their hair.
(d) Sneak out.
12. What is the name of Audre's first boyfriend?
13. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
14. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
15. What is the name of the author's first grade teacher?
(a) Sister Mary of Perpetual Help.
(b) Mary Grace.
(c) Sister Jane of Hope.
(d) Lilly Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
3. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
4. What disability is the protagonist born with?
5. Whom does the author become embarrassed of because she is so different?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)