|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is against Audre running for office in her middle school?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
2. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
3. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A new baby.
(b) A new home.
(c) A new car.
(d) A pet.
4. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
5. What about her country does Audre say she felt alienated from in Chapter 10?
(a) Political institutions and history.
(c) Educational systems.
6. How does Audre rock her first playmate?
(a) Like a dog.
(b) Like a bird.
(c) Like a fish.
(d) Like a doll.
7. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(b) Reading and math.
(c) Science and manual dexterity.
(d) Math and science.
8. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
9. What disability is the protagonist born with?
(a) One arm.
(b) Near blindness.
(d) No fingers.
10. What is the name of the author's first grade teacher?
(a) Lilly Smith.
(b) Sister Jane of Hope.
(c) Mary Grace.
(d) Sister Mary of Perpetual Help.
11. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
12. What is the name of the school that Audre attends as the first black student?
(a) St. Catherine's School.
(b) St. Mary's Episcopal.
(c) St. Patrick of Hope.
(d) St. Ignatius.
13. What does Audre help take care of for her father when she works with him as a young girl?
(a) His books.
(b) His inventory.
(c) His money.
(d) His receipts.
14. What tragedy occurs at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) World War I.
(b) D Day.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
15. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
(a) St. Mary's of Hope.
(b) Hunter College High School.
(c) St. Catherine's School.
(d) Baker High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
2. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
3. How old is Audre when she meets her first playmate?
4. What does the man who rapes Audre on a rooftop take from her?
5. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)