|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability is the protagonist born with?
(a) One arm.
(b) Near blindness.
(d) No fingers.
2. What nationality is the woman whom Audre finds to help her with her pregnancy?
3. How old is Audre when she meets her first playmate?
4. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A new home.
(b) A new car.
(c) A new baby.
(d) A pet.
5. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
6. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Angel prayers.
(b) Guardian prayers.
(c) Prayers of scripture.
(d) Hail Marys.
7. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is in denial.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is crushed.
8. What does Audre do to her first boyfriend when she begins college?
(a) Makes love with him.
(b) Fights with him.
(c) Breaks up with him.
(d) Marries him.
9. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
(c) The Bronx.
10. How does Gennie die in the book?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She cuts her wrists.
(c) She takes rat poison.
(d) She drowns.
11. At what age does Audre begin her first period?
12. What is the name of the lecherous man who Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
(a) James Baker.
(b) Max Wint.
(c) Alvin Jones.
(d) John Brady.
13. What does Audre express a desire for in Chapter 4?
(a) A little sister.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A new mother.
(d) A boyfriend.
14. What is the name of Audre's first love?
15. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy in the author's class who helps her fit in with the good kids?
2. What is the relationship between Gennie and Louisa in the book?
3. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
4. What subjects did Audre learn well in elementary school that help her in her next school?
5. How does Audre's mother react when she finds she is complaining about her at her high school?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)