|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre say that she and Gennie never shared together in Chapter 14?
(a) Making love.
(c) A kiss.
2. What is the relationship between Gennie and Louisa in the book?
(c) Mother and daughter.
3. What areas did Audre score well on in the aptitude test she took in high school?
(a) Science and manual dexterity.
(b) Math and science.
(c) Reading and math.
4. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A cook.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A comic book storeowner.
5. What job does an aptitude test suggest Audre have when she takes it in high school?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A dental technician.
(d) A teacher.
6. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
(d) Racial and sexual.
7. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
(a) A book of short stories.
(b) A fiction novel.
(c) A children's book.
(d) An autobiography.
8. What does Audre believe her sisters have more of than her when she is young?
9. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. What does Audre say her mother hates to cook but that she enjoyed?
(a) Chicken soup.
(d) Roast beef.
11. How old is Audre when she is raped on a rooftop?
12. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Her full name.
(c) Her race.
(d) Her blood type.
13. What hobby does Audre begin doing after joining her group of outcast friends in high school?
(a) Poetry writing.
(c) Pottery making.
14. What is the name of the high school Audre attends?
(a) St. Mary's of Hope.
(b) Baker High School.
(c) Hunter College High School.
(d) St. Catherine's School.
15. How old is Audre when she meets her first playmate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Audre's mother believe is molesting Gennie?
2. What does the author's first teacher discourage her from writing when she first begins school?
3. How does Audre not that people behave after the tragedy in Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the stern woman whom Audre talks about who works at her school in Chapter 8?
5. What does Audre do when she finds out she is pregnant?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)