Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
2. What is the name of the book's protagonist?
3. In what year did the protagonist's parents immigrate to the United States?
4. What event does the author note as bringing much difficulty upon her family in Chapter 1?
5. What kind of religion is the protagonist brought up in?
6. What kind of songs does the protagonist's mother sing to her as a child?
7. What is the name of the island filled with women that the author focuses on in Chapter 1?
8. What is the name that expresses how Carriacou women love one another in the book?
This section contains 3,501 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)