|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does the author note as bringing much difficulty upon her family in Chapter 1?
(a) D Day.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) World War II.
(d) The stock market crash.
2. What do Audre's sisters wait until she goes to sleep to do at night?
(b) Sneak out.
(d) Brush their hair.
3. What is the name of the island filled with women that the author focuses on in Chapter 1?
4. What does Audre believe led to her becoming a writer?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her heritage.
(c) Her Harlem neighborhood.
(d) Making up her own stories.
5. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that expresses how Carriacou women love one another in the book?
2. What does Audre begin doing to her first playmate that she seems to enjoy?
3. How long does Audre say her first encounter with her first playmate lasted?
4. What type of book is "Zami, a New Spelling of My Name"?
5. What disability is the protagonist born with?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)