|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audre believe led to her becoming a writer?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Making up her own stories.
(c) Her heritage.
(d) Her Harlem neighborhood.
2. What kind of unique consciousness does Audre attribute for her ability to be a focused writer?
(a) Racial and sexual.
3. What occupation is the man who first molests Audre in the book?
(a) A comic book storeowner.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A cook.
(d) A teacher.
4. What kind of prayers does Audre say for those who died in the tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Angel prayers.
(b) Guardian prayers.
(c) Prayers of scripture.
(d) Hail Marys.
5. Where does Audre visit with her class in Chapter 10?
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Gennie come to Audre's house very upset?
2. What does Audre have her first experience with during her first class trip?
3. Who is against Audre running for office in her middle school?
4. What is the name of the woman who Ginger begins spending time with in Chapter 19?
5. What word does Audre learn the meaning of at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)