|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has to take Audre on her class trip after she is made to stay in a different hotel from the other kids'?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her principal.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her teacher.
2. Why does Audre say she loves making the dish her mother hates?
(a) She likes pounding garlic.
(b) The smell is nice.
(c) She likes pounding meat.
(d) It takes patience.
3. What does Audre's mother do on election days when Audre is young?
(a) She keeps a food stand.
(b) She protests outside.
(c) She keeps a drink stand.
(d) She works at the voting booths.
4. How does Audre feel after Gennie dies?
(a) She is in denial.
(b) She is crushed.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is angry.
5. What does Audre say she had to learn about herself after the national tragedy in Chapter 7?
(a) Her race.
(b) Her full name.
(c) Her blood type.
(d) Her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audre's family find at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of Audre's group of friends who are outcasts in high school?
3. What does Audre say she felt for the first time in her life after moving to Mexico?
4. What is Audre particularly enamored by as a child?
5. What city does Audre describe the layout of in Chapter 6?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)