|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
(a) Writes Loomis a note.
(b) Takes a gun to confront Loomis.
(c) Watches Loomis from afar.
(d) Gives Loomis an ultimatum.
2. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) In the yard walking without a cane.
(b) Writing at the kitchen table.
(c) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(d) Passed out on the sofa.
3. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
(a) Smashing articles in the house with it.
(b) Shooting it at the top of the house.
(c) Cleaning it.
(d) Trying to stick the barrel end in his mouth.
4. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
(a) Signs of squirrels and rabbits.
(b) A bird's nest full of chicks.
(c) The crabapple tree is heavy with apples.
(d) Deer tracks.
5. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Plays ball with him.
(c) Teaches him tricks.
(d) Tracks Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
2. What does Ann do with what she finds?
3. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
4. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
5. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
2. What does Mr. Loomis say he remembers while delirious?
3. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
4. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
5. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
6. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
7. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
8. Why does Ann have to abandon her cave and what does Mr. Loomis do there?
9. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
10. What does Ann ask Mr. Loomis to use and what is his response?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)