|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes to the church to pray.
(b) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(c) Asks Loomis.
(d) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
2. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He is running a high fever.
(b) He broke a bone in his foot.
(d) He broke a finger.
3. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(c) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
(d) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
4. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(b) He does not know how to use a rifle.
(c) That he is mean.
(d) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
5. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(b) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
(c) Takes it/them home.
(d) Tries to feed it/them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
2. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
3. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
4. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
5. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ann have to abandon her cave and what does Mr. Loomis do there?
2. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
3. What happens to Mr. Loomis at the opening to Chapter 10?
4. What does Mr. Loomis say he remembers while delirious?
5. What does Ann observe the next day as she is watching the house and what does she think about?
6. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
7. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
8. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
9. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
10. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)