|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) There are lots of new bird sounds.
(b) The garden lettuce is coming up.
(c) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(d) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
2. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
(b) Getting in the winter crops.
(c) Nothing; she figures she'll be back in the house by then.
3. Where does Ann move?
(a) No where.
(b) To the attic bedroom.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) To her cave.
4. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(a) Wild roses.
5. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
(a) Throws it in the creek.
(b) Takes it from Loomis.
(c) Hides it in the hayloft.
(d) Hides it in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
2. What does Ann discover when she goes to start the tractor?
3. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
4. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
5. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
2. What routine do Ann and Mr. Loomis follow for the next ten days?
3. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
4. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
5. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
6. What does Ann ask Mr. Loomis to use and what is his response?
7. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
8. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
9. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
10. Why does Ann have to abandon her cave and what does Mr. Loomis do there?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)