|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the system between Ann and Loomis worked out alright?
(a) A couple months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
(a) Getting in the winter crops.
(b) Nothing; she figures she'll be back in the house by then.
3. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
(c) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(d) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
4. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It has dropped to normal.
(b) It is holding at 103.
(c) It has gone down two degrees.
(d) Too high for the thermometer to record.
5. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
(a) Three kittens.
(b) A baby crow.
(c) A baby possum.
(d) Two baby owls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
2. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
3. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
4. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
5. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
2. What does Ann finally piece together about Edward and Loomis?
3. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
4. What does Ann ask Mr. Loomis to use and what is his response?
5. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
6. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
7. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
8. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
9. Why does Mr. Loomis become angry and what does Ann decide to do?
10. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)