|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
(a) Takes it from Loomis.
(b) Hides it in the hayloft.
(c) Throws it in the creek.
(d) Hides it in the attic.
2. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
(b) More tools.
(c) More seed.
3. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
(b) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
(c) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(d) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
4. What does Ann decide to haul with the tractor?
(a) The wood stove.
(b) A few tree logs.
(c) A large water feeding trough.
(d) Some large blocks of concrete.
5. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) Burns all her stuff.
(b) Sits and waits for her.
(c) He does not find the cave.
(d) Leaves a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
2. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
3. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
4. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
5. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Loomis become angry and what does Ann decide to do?
2. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
3. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
4. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
5. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
6. What happens to Mr. Loomis at the opening to Chapter 10?
7. Why does Ann have to abandon her cave and what does Mr. Loomis do there?
8. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
9. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
10. What does Ann finally piece together about Edward and Loomis?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)