|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
(a) It is the wrong kind.
(b) It should be used before it goes bad.
(c) It needs to be supplemented with nitrogen pellets.
(d) It will run out.
2. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She lost her pen.
(b) She has been too busy.
(c) She been very ill and afraid.
(d) Nothing much has been going on.
3. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
(a) Smashing articles in the house with it.
(b) Cleaning it.
(c) Trying to stick the barrel end in his mouth.
(d) Shooting it at the top of the house.
4. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
(a) They have to get a new battery from the store.
(b) He says he has not had time to fill the tank.
(c) He can't find a hand pump for the tire.
(d) He refuses to give her the key.
5. Where does Loomis search for Ann?
(a) In the apartment above the store.
(b) In the lower pasture.
(c) In the Klein's home.
(d) At the cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
2. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
3. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
4. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
5. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)