|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
(a) Back to church.
(b) To sleep.
(c) To the garden to keep busy and not worry.
(d) To the store.
2. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
(a) To try to steal the padlock keys.
(b) To try to steal the tractor key.
(c) To talk to him.
(d) To shoot him.
3. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
(a) To kick Loomis out of the house.
(b) To do the farm chores.
(c) To collect her diary and other things.
(d) To untie Faro.
4. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(b) He broke a finger.
(c) He is running a high fever.
(d) He broke a bone in his foot.
5. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Taking time to write in her journal.
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Taking time to move the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
2. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
3. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
4. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
5. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
2. Why does Ann have to abandon her cave and what does Mr. Loomis do there?
3. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
4. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
5. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
6. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
7. What routine do Ann and Mr. Loomis follow for the next ten days?
8. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
9. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
10. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)