|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
2. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
(a) He falls out of his chair.
(b) He bangs his cane on the floor.
(c) He comes and bangs on the piano with his fist.
(d) He throws a glass at her when she hits a wrong note.
3. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a bone in his foot.
(c) He is running a high fever.
(d) He broke a finger.
4. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It has gone down two degrees.
(b) It is holding at 103.
(c) Too high for the thermometer to record.
(d) It has dropped to normal.
5. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
(a) The blackberry thickets have grown in her usual path.
(b) Loomis is watching for her.
(c) Her usual path has eroded in the last heavy rain.
(d) She wants some variety in her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
2. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
3. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
4. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
5. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann ask Mr. Loomis to use and what is his response?
2. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
3. Why does Mr. Loomis become angry and what does Ann decide to do?
4. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
5. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
6. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
7. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
8. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
9. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
10. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)