|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
(c) An owl hooting.
(d) Her playing the piano.
2. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(a) Goes for a walk with Faro.
(c) Works on a puzzle.
(d) Writes in her diary.
3. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He knows she hates poetry.
(b) He had said he hated poetry.
(c) He does not appear to listen to her.
(d) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
4. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(a) That he sit at the kitchen table.
(c) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
(d) That she serve him.
5. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
(b) He does not know how to use a rifle.
(c) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(d) That he is mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
2. What does Ann decide to haul with the tractor?
3. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
4. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
5. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann observe the next day as she is watching the house and what does she think about?
2. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
3. What does Ann bring into the house as Mr. Loomis is getting better?
4. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
5. What does Ann ask Mr. Loomis to use and what is his response?
6. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
7. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
8. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
9. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
10. Why does Ann have to abandon her cave and what does Mr. Loomis do there?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)