|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he might kill her.
(b) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(c) If he would be open to a compromise.
(d) If he would leave the valley.
2. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
(b) An owl hooting.
(d) Her playing the piano.
3. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Teaches him tricks.
(b) Tracks Ann.
(d) Plays ball with him.
4. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(b) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
(c) The garden lettuce is coming up.
(d) There are lots of new bird sounds.
5. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
(a) It is the wrong kind.
(b) It will run out.
(c) It should be used before it goes bad.
(d) It needs to be supplemented with nitrogen pellets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
2. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
3. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
4. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
5. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann bring into the house as Mr. Loomis is getting better?
2. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
3. What routine do Ann and Mr. Loomis follow for the next ten days?
4. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
5. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
6. What does Mr. Loomis say he remembers while delirious?
7. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
8. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
9. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
10. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)