|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
(a) He gets up suddenly.
(b) She was going after a fly.
(c) He grabs her hand.
(d) She was trying to swat at a bee that lands on him.
2. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
(a) To try to steal the padlock keys.
(b) To shoot him.
(c) To try to steal the tractor key.
(d) To talk to him.
3. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Feeds him and then ties him.
4. About what does Mr. Loomis yell at Ann?
(a) For not planting sooner.
(b) For her mentioning Edward.
(c) For leaving him when he was unconscious to plow.
(d) For bringing the stove to the kitchen by herself.
5. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Taking time to move the stove.
(d) Taking time to write in her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
2. What happens in the middle of the night?
3. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
4. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
5. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
2. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
3. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
4. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
5. What does Mr. Loomis say he remembers while delirious?
6. What does Ann finally piece together about Edward and Loomis?
7. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
8. What routine do Ann and Mr. Loomis follow for the next ten days?
9. What happens to Mr. Loomis at the opening to Chapter 10?
10. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)