|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(b) Asks Loomis.
(c) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(d) Goes to the church to pray.
2. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(a) Wild roses.
3. Where does Ann go in the dark?
(a) To the store for supplies.
(b) Up in her tree house.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) To the basement.
4. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a finger.
(b) He broke a bone in his foot.
(c) He is running a high fever.
5. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
(a) A generator.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A sewage plant.
(d) A weather balloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
2. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
3. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
4. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
5. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
2. Why does Mr. Loomis become angry and what does Ann decide to do?
3. What does Ann observe the next day as she is watching the house and what does she think about?
4. What does Mr. Loomis say he remembers while delirious?
5. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
6. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
7. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
8. How is Ann at first amused by Mr. Loomis' actions but then becomes concerned?
9. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
10. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)