|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
(a) Uses alcohol and bandages.
(b) She does not do anything as the bullet barely scratches her.
(c) Washes it in the pond.
(d) Uses betadine and clean bandages.
2. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
(b) There are lots of new bird sounds.
(c) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(d) The garden lettuce is coming up.
3. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) He is talking.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) His respiration is closer to normal.
(d) His heartbeat has slowed.
4. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
(a) Wrecks the front room.
(c) Breaks several windows.
(d) Puts locks on the doors.
5. Where does Ann move?
(a) To the attic bedroom.
(b) To the Klein's house.
(c) To her cave.
(d) No where.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
2. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
3. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
4. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
5. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
2. What happens to Mr. Loomis at the opening to Chapter 10?
3. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
4. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
5. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
6. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
7. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
8. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
9. What does Ann bring into the house as Mr. Loomis is getting better?
10. What does Ann observe the next day as she is watching the house and what does she think about?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)