|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
(a) Pins a note to a tree in the orchard.
(c) Tries to use Faro.
(d) Starts a search pattern.
2. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
(b) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(c) The garden lettuce is coming up.
(d) There are lots of new bird sounds.
3. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Shaves him.
(b) Puts him in a cool tub of water.
(c) Puts him in bed.
(d) Gives him antibiotics.
4. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
(a) Trying to stick the barrel end in his mouth.
(b) Cleaning it.
(c) Smashing articles in the house with it.
(d) Shooting it at the top of the house.
5. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a finger.
(b) He is running a high fever.
(c) He broke a bone in his foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
2. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
3. What does Ann give Loomis?
4. To what does Ann liken Loomis when he opens his eyes?
5. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
2. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
3. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
4. Why does Mr. Loomis become angry and what does Ann decide to do?
5. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
6. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
7. What does Ann observe the next day as she is watching the house and what does she think about?
8. What routine do Ann and Mr. Loomis follow for the next ten days?
9. What happens to Mr. Loomis at the opening to Chapter 10?
10. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)