|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
(b) Getting in the winter crops.
(c) Nothing; she figures she'll be back in the house by then.
2. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
(a) He says he has not had time to fill the tank.
(b) He can't find a hand pump for the tire.
(c) He refuses to give her the key.
(d) They have to get a new battery from the store.
3. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) The garden lettuce is coming up.
(b) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(c) There are lots of new bird sounds.
(d) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
4. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(b) That he sit at the kitchen table.
(c) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
(d) That she serve him.
5. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Kicks him.
(c) Sends him away.
(d) Feeds him and then ties him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
2. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
3. What happens in the middle of the night?
4. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
5. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann finally piece together about Edward and Loomis?
2. What happens to Mr. Loomis at the opening to Chapter 10?
3. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
4. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
5. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
6. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
7. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
8. What routine do Ann and Mr. Loomis follow for the next ten days?
9. What does Ann ask Mr. Loomis to use and what is his response?
10. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)