|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Taking time to write in her journal.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Taking time to move the stove.
(d) Going to the library.
2. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) It makes her feel more hopeful.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
(d) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
3. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A roast in her new oven.
(b) Fudge on her new oven.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A birthday cake.
4. What does Ann discover when she goes to start the tractor?
(a) The tire is flat.
(b) The battery is dead.
(c) The gas tank is empty.
(d) No key.
5. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
(a) The blackberry thickets have grown in her usual path.
(b) She wants some variety in her life.
(c) Her usual path has eroded in the last heavy rain.
(d) Loomis is watching for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
2. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
3. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
4. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
5. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
2. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
3. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
4. What does Ann bring into the house as Mr. Loomis is getting better?
5. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
6. What routine do Ann and Mr. Loomis follow for the next ten days?
7. What does Ann ask Mr. Loomis to use and what is his response?
8. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
9. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
10. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)