|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann move?
(a) To her cave.
(b) To the attic bedroom.
(c) No where.
(d) To the Klein's house.
2. How does Loomis get supplies while Ann is hiding out before he shot her?
(a) She had been bringing them and put them on the porch for him.
(b) He has been going to the store himself.
(c) He has met her halfway to the store.
(d) He hasn't.
3. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
(b) There are lots of new bird sounds.
(c) The garden lettuce is coming up.
(d) The pond is full from the rain last night.
4. What does Ann discover when she goes to start the tractor?
(a) The gas tank is empty.
(b) The battery is dead.
(c) The tire is flat.
(d) No key.
5. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
(a) Uses betadine and clean bandages.
(b) She does not do anything as the bullet barely scratches her.
(c) Uses alcohol and bandages.
(d) Washes it in the pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
2. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
3. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
4. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
5. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
2. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
3. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
4. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
5. Why does Mr. Loomis become angry and what does Ann decide to do?
6. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
7. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
8. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
9. What does Ann bring into the house as Mr. Loomis is getting better?
10. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)