|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Loomis and Edward fought over a woman.
(b) Loomis was emotionally devastated by Edward's death by radiation.
(c) Something bad happened between them.
(d) Edward tried to kill Loomis.
2. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
(a) To kick Loomis out of the house.
(b) To do the farm chores.
(c) To collect her diary and other things.
(d) To untie Faro.
3. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(b) If he might kill her.
(c) If he would leave the valley.
(d) If he would be open to a compromise.
4. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
(b) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
(c) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(d) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
5. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Feeds him and then ties him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Sends him away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
2. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
3. How does Loomis get supplies while Ann is hiding out before he shot her?
4. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
5. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
2. What does Ann observe the next day as she is watching the house and what does she think about?
3. Why does Mr. Loomis become angry and what does Ann decide to do?
4. What do Loomis and Ann discuss concerning the fertilizer?
5. Why does Ann decide to ask Mr. Loomis questions and what happens as a result?
6. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
7. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
8. Why does Mr. Loomis use the tractor to go to the store?
9. How is Ann at first amused by Mr. Loomis' actions but then becomes concerned?
10. What does Ann discover about the tractor, and what does she do?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)