|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ann liken Loomis when he opens his eyes?
(a) An alien from another planet.
(b) A person on mind-altering drugs.
(c) A newborn animal.
(d) A zombie she once saw on television.
2. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
(a) He gets up suddenly.
(b) He grabs her hand.
(c) She was going after a fly.
(d) She was trying to swat at a bee that lands on him.
3. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Goes to the store.
(b) Goes up to her cave.
(c) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
(d) Goes to plow.
4. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(b) Passed out on the sofa.
(c) In the yard walking without a cane.
(d) Writing at the kitchen table.
5. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(b) In the ankle.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
2. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
3. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
4. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
5. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What puzzles Ann when she is reading poetry to Mr. Loomis?
2. What happens in the middle of the night that convinces Ann to move out of the house?
3. Why does Ann have to abandon her cave and what does Mr. Loomis do there?
4. What happens to Mr. Loomis at the opening to Chapter 10?
5. What does Ann finally piece together about Edward and Loomis?
6. What does Ann bring into the house as Mr. Loomis is getting better?
7. How is Mr. Loomis using Faro?
8. What happens when Ann goes back to the farm to speak to Mr. Loomis and what does Ann realize?
9. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
10. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)