|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
(a) No where.
(b) To the neighobor's farm.
(c) To the cave.
(d) To a far pasture.
2. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
(a) Sharing a house with a stranger.
(b) Surviving winter in a cave.
(c) Having enough food if feeding two.
(d) Having enough wood.
3. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Large mouth bass.
(b) Lots of algae.
(c) Some turtles.
(d) A lack of animal life in the creek.
4. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(b) Puts a chemical in the water.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Checks for radiation.
5. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
(a) Pear blossoms.
(b) Crabapple blossoms.
(c) Wild onions.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Ann really long?
2. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
3. Where is the man?
4. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
5. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man do with his Geiger counter and then what terrible error does he make?
2. What is the situation in the valley about the water supply?
3. Why is the valley special?
4. How does Mr. Loomis seem later that evening, and what does Ann give him?
5. Why is the man there?
6. Explain why Ann is alone in the valley.
7. How does Ann describe the newly-arrived stranger?
8. What does the approaching stranger do when he gets halfway across the flat part of the hill overlooking the green valley of Ann's home?
9. What does Ann decide to do as the stranger draws closer?
10. What does Loomis say about his activities the night the war breaks out?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)