|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
(a) The person seems young.
(b) There might be more than one visitor.
(c) The cows had returned to the barn.
(d) The visitor had built a fire in the yard.
2. What does Ann hope?
(a) The calf will keep the cow from getting uncomfortable with too much milk.
(b) The Creek is no longer radioactive.
(c) The cows will be too skittish to get near the man.
(d) Faro will not show up.
3. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
(a) Heavy equipment and/or supplies.
4. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Cutting firewood.
(d) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
5. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
(a) She leaves him in his tent.
(b) So he would feel good towards her.
(c) To care for him more easily.
(d) So he could help with the household chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
2. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
3. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
4. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
5. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
2. Why does Ann bring Loomis into her home?
3. What does Ann decide to do to make cooking easier in the house?
4. What does Loomis say he was developing before the war?
5. What does the man say possibly happened to Ann's family?
6. Why is the valley special?
7. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
8. How does Mr. Loomis seem later that evening, and what does Ann give him?
9. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
10. Why does Ann decide to go down to the farm yard and what does she discover?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)