|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She has no decent clothes.
(b) She does not want to scare the person.
(c) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
(d) She wants to surprise them.
2. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) Someone is coming.
(b) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(c) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(d) The cows are acting strangely.
3. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
(a) Having enough wood.
(b) Sharing a house with a stranger.
(c) Surviving winter in a cave.
(d) Having enough food if feeding two.
4. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He drops his glass of water.
(c) He says he does not want to talk about it.
(d) He starts sobbing.
5. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It is good water.
(b) It could be use to generate electricity.
(c) It's flow changed.
(d) It is poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
2. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
3. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
4. What does Ann decide to plant?
5. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
2. What does Loomis say about his activities the night the war breaks out?
3. How does Loomis manage to survive on his long journey walking from New York?
4. Why is Mr. Loomis at Burden Creek when Ann returns from picking greens, and how does he think the Creek can be used?
5. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
6. How does the man discover his terrible error about the Creek and what does he do?
7. Who is the stranger and what was his job before the war?
8. What does Loomis say he was developing before the war?
9. What does the man in the suit do when he finally arrives at Ann's house?
10. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)