|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
(a) A valley about 40 miles away that has signs of life.
(b) Lots of animals but no people.
(c) Everything is dead.
(d) Smoke in three different directions.
2. Of what does Loomis say Ann's family probably died?
(a) Mob violence.
(b) Radiation poisoning.
(d) Nerve gas.
3. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(b) A barn cat.
(d) The young bull.
4. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
(a) He drops to his knees and prays.
(b) He runs forward waving his arms.
(c) He stands and stares for a few minutes.
(d) He sobs hysterically.
5. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(b) Fearful but companionable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
2. After four days, what does Loomis' temperature mean?
3. Where is the man?
4. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
5. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ann think the arriving stranger is in a car and what does she think about what he is bringing?
2. What does the man say possibly happened to Ann's family?
3. How does the man discover his terrible error about the Creek and what does he do?
4. Why is the man there?
5. Why concerns Ann about the approaching stranger?
6. What does the approaching stranger do when he gets halfway across the flat part of the hill overlooking the green valley of Ann's home?
7. Why is the valley special?
8. Why is Mr. Loomis at Burden Creek when Ann returns from picking greens, and how does he think the Creek can be used?
9. What does Loomis say about his activities the night the war breaks out?
10. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)