|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
(a) Wild flowers.
(b) Apple blossoms.
(c) Water lilies.
2. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A tent.
(b) A hand-cranked generator.
(c) A water purification filter.
(d) A radio transmitter.
3. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Checks for radiation.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Puts a chemical in the water.
(d) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
4. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
(a) The cat.
(b) The donkey.
(c) The dog.
(d) The horse.
5. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Her trumpet.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The piano.
(d) Her clarinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis' boss' invention do?
2. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
3. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
4. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
5. Where does her parents say they are going first in their explorations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
2. Why does Ann bring Loomis into her home?
3. Why does Ann think someone is coming to her valley?
4. What happens that convinces Ann that the man knows nothing about farm life and what is her response?
5. Explain why Ann is alone in the valley.
6. What does Loomis say about his activities the night the war breaks out?
7. How does Loomis manage to survive on his long journey walking from New York?
8. What does Ann decide to do to make cooking easier in the house?
9. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
10. What does the man say possibly happened to Ann's family?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)