|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann use to gather greens?
(a) The basket her mother always used.
(b) A plastic grocery bag.
(c) A rolling suitcase.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
2. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
(b) Lots of dead bodies.
(c) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
(d) Some areas still have a few people.
3. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(b) She sees smoke.
(c) They heard the news on the radio.
(d) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
4. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
(a) He says he does not want to talk about it.
(b) He drops his glass of water.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He starts sobbing.
5. What does Ann decide she should do?
(a) Bring Faro in the house.
(b) Live in the cave.
(c) Cook better meals since there was another person to feed.
(d) Live in the tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
2. What does Ann think Faro will do?
3. What did Loomis' boss invent?
4. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
5. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the approaching stranger do when he gets halfway across the flat part of the hill overlooking the green valley of Ann's home?
2. What does Loomis say he was developing before the war?
3. Why is Mr. Loomis at Burden Creek when Ann returns from picking greens, and how does he think the Creek can be used?
4. How does Ann become inspired to make a salad?
5. What happens that convinces Ann that the man knows nothing about farm life and what is her response?
6. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
7. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
8. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
9. Why does Ann bring Loomis into her home?
10. Why doesn't Ann think the arriving stranger is in a car and what does she think about what he is bringing?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)