|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) Just a few hours.
(b) A month.
(c) They never return.
(d) Several days.
2. What does Ann decide she should do?
(a) Bring Faro in the house.
(b) Cook better meals since there was another person to feed.
(c) Live in the tent.
(d) Live in the cave.
3. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A tent.
(b) A water purification filter.
(c) A radio transmitter.
(d) A hand-cranked generator.
4. What had the team just completed before the war?
(a) A suit of the special metal.
(b) A suit of the polymer.
(c) A suit made of kevlar.
(d) A suit made of a silk like material that the amoeba creates.
5. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It could be use to generate electricity.
(b) It's flow changed.
(c) It is good water.
(d) It is poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
2. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
3. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
4. What did Loomis' boss invent?
5. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man say possibly happened to Ann's family?
2. Why is Mr. Loomis at Burden Creek when Ann returns from picking greens, and how does he think the Creek can be used?
3. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
4. How does Ann become inspired to make a salad?
5. What does the man in the suit do when he finally arrives at Ann's house?
6. What does Loomis say about his activities the night the war breaks out?
7. What does the approaching stranger do when he gets halfway across the flat part of the hill overlooking the green valley of Ann's home?
8. What does the man do with his Geiger counter and then what terrible error does he make?
9. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
10. How does the man discover his terrible error about the Creek and what does he do?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)