|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Kneels and kisses the ground.
(b) Turn around to leave.
(c) Take off his mask.
(d) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
2. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(a) A barn cat.
(b) The young bull.
3. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She wants to surprise them.
(b) She has no decent clothes.
(c) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
(d) She does not want to scare the person.
4. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
5. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
(b) Her secret diary.
(c) Her radio that is still working.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Ann to make a salad?
2. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
3. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
4. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
5. About what does Ann worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the stranger and what was his job before the war?
2. Why does Ann bring Loomis into her home?
3. Why does Ann think someone is coming to her valley?
4. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
5. How does Loomis manage to survive on his long journey walking from New York?
6. What does Ann decide to do as the stranger draws closer?
7. What does Ann hear Loomis saying in his dreams and what does Ann think about what she hears?
8. Why concerns Ann about the approaching stranger?
9. How does Ann describe the newly-arrived stranger?
10. What happens that convinces Ann that the man knows nothing about farm life and what is her response?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)