|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) A gun.
(b) A dog biscuit.
(c) Another Geiger counter.
(d) An oxygen tank.
2. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) The radio going dead.
(b) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(c) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(d) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
3. What does Ann think Faro will do?
(a) Become friends with the man.
(b) Lead the man to her location.
(c) Run away again since there is a stranger at the house.
(d) Bite the man.
4. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(c) A barn cat.
(d) The young bull.
5. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He is alone in the lab.
(b) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
(c) He was on his way to pick up his children.
(d) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Loomis' occupation?
2. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
3. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
4. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
5. What does Ann decide she will do after cooking breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ann go in Chapter 12 and what does she find and do?
2. How does Ann become inspired to make a salad?
3. Why is the valley special?
4. Why does Mr. Loomis frighten Ann as she is playing the piano?
5. What happens that convinces Ann that the man knows nothing about farm life and what is her response?
6. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
7. What does Ann tell Mr. Loomis she knows?
8. What does the man say possibly happened to Ann's family?
9. What does the man in the suit do when he finally arrives at Ann's house?
10. How does Loomis manage to survive on his long journey walking from New York?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)