|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(a) A strange plastic suit.
(b) A business suit.
(c) A military uniform.
2. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(a) Skin lesions.
(b) Swollen lymph glands.
(d) Sore muscles.
3. After four days, what does Loomis' temperature mean?
(a) He is pretty much cured.
(b) He is still in the interim period.
(c) He has the worse form of radiation.
(d) He will get sicker, but will most likely survive.
4. In what month does the book open?
5. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
(a) A man who worked with Edward.
(b) Loomis' best friend.
(c) Loomis' brother-in-law.
(d) A man who invented a special radiation counter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
2. What does Ann decide she should do?
3. What does Ann decide she will do after cooking breakfast?
4. Whom does the man feed?
5. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Loomis seem later that evening, and what does Ann give him?
2. How does the man discover his terrible error about the Creek and what does he do?
3. Explain why Ann's parents left her home when they left to discover the effects of the war?
4. What is the situation in the valley about the water supply?
5. How does Ann describe the newly-arrived stranger?
6. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
7. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
8. What does the man say possibly happened to Ann's family?
9. How does Ann become inspired to make a salad?
10. Why does Ann decide to go down to the farm yard and what does she discover?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)