|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(a) Swollen lymph glands.
(b) Skin lesions.
(c) Sore muscles.
2. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(b) Fearful but companionable.
3. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
(a) He says he does not want to talk about it.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He starts sobbing.
(d) He drops his glass of water.
4. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(a) The doctor's office.
(c) In the hayloft.
5. What does Ann use to gather greens?
(a) A plastic grocery bag.
(b) A rolling suitcase.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) The basket her mother always used.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
2. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
3. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
4. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
5. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the valley special?
2. What does the approaching stranger do when he gets halfway across the flat part of the hill overlooking the green valley of Ann's home?
3. What does Ann decide to do to make cooking easier in the house?
4. What does the man say possibly happened to Ann's family?
5. How does the man discover his terrible error about the Creek and what does he do?
6. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
7. Why is the man there?
8. Explain why Ann is alone in the valley.
9. Why does Ann think someone is coming to her valley?
10. Why does Ann decide to go down to the farm yard and what does she discover?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)