Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(b) Ann will make him leave.
(c) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(d) He does not say why he is afraid.
2. What does Ann decide she should do?
(a) Cook better meals since there was another person to feed.
(b) Bring Faro in the house.
(c) Live in the cave.
(d) Live in the tent.
3. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
(a) Eventually become harmless.
(b) Keep trespassers away.
(c) Generate electricity.
(d) Pollute the pond.
4. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
(b) It would be too radioactive.
(c) It would run out of gas.
(d) It would be bringing him there faster.
5. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
(a) Several thousand.
(b) Two others besides Ann.
(c) None besides Ann.
(d) Less than a dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
2. What does the man do at the pond?
3. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
4. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
5. About what does Ann worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Loomis express his anger and what does Ann do?
2. What does Ann bring into the house as Mr. Loomis is getting better?
3. Why does Ann think she can return to the fields to work and why does Loomis yell at her?
4. How has Mr. Loomis' illness progressed in Chapter 11, and what does he talk about while delirious?
5. Why does Ann think someone is coming to her valley?
6. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
7. What do Ann and Mr. Loomis argue about concerning the crops?
8. What does Ann observe the next day as she is watching the house and what does she think about?
9. How does Ann describe the newly-arrived stranger?
10. What is the event that convinces Ann about what she must do?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)