|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
(a) His son.
(d) His wife.
2. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her secret diary.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her radio that is still working.
(d) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
3. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Cutting firewood.
(d) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
4. What inspires Ann to make a salad?
(a) Seeing an add in a magazine.
(b) Loomis talks about his salad garden.
(c) A dream about her mother.
(d) A dream about a rabbit.
5. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(b) He does not say why he is afraid.
(c) Ann will make him leave.
(d) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
2. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
3. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
4. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
5. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
2. Why does Ann decide to go down to the farm yard and what does she discover?
3. How does the man discover his terrible error about the Creek and what does he do?
4. How does Ann describe the newly-arrived stranger?
5. How does Ann get the tractor running and what planting decision does she make?
6. Why is the man there?
7. Why doesn't Ann think the arriving stranger is in a car and what does she think about what he is bringing?
8. Explain why Ann's parents left her home when they left to discover the effects of the war?
9. How does Loomis manage to survive on his long journey walking from New York?
10. How does Ann become inspired to make a salad?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)