|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) In the hayloft.
2. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Puts a chemical in the water.
(b) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(c) Checks for radiation.
(d) Takes a bath.
3. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
(a) The horse.
(b) The cat.
(c) The dog.
(d) The donkey.
4. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Turn around to leave.
(b) Kneels and kisses the ground.
(c) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
(d) Take off his mask.
5. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
(a) Kills them.
(c) Puts them in small wire cages and takes them to the cave.
(d) Chases them out of their fenced in area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Loomis from?
2. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
3. What did Loomis' boss invent?
4. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
5. What does Loomis' boss' invention do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ann decide to go down to the farm yard and what does she discover?
2. What does the approaching stranger do when he gets halfway across the flat part of the hill overlooking the green valley of Ann's home?
3. How does Mr. Loomis seem later that evening, and what does Ann give him?
4. What does the man in the suit do when he finally arrives at Ann's house?
5. How does Ann become inspired to make a salad?
6. What does Ann daydream about as she is picking salad greens?
7. Why does Ann bring Loomis into her home?
8. Why does Ann think someone is coming to her valley?
9. What does Ann decide to do as the stranger draws closer?
10. What does Ann worry about when she discovers that Faro has returned?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)