|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the book open?
2. From where is the pond fed?
(a) Ann does not know.
(b) Burden Creek.
(c) A well that is not capped.
(d) An underground spring.
3. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(b) Some turtles.
(c) Large mouth bass.
(d) Lots of algae.
4. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) Over 50 miles away.
(c) 32 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
5. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
(a) There might be more than one visitor.
(b) The person seems young.
(c) The visitor had built a fire in the yard.
(d) The cows had returned to the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does her parents say they are going first in their explorations?
2. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
3. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
4. What does Ann fear about Loomis?
5. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ann decide to do as the stranger draws closer?
2. How does Loomis manage to survive on his long journey walking from New York?
3. What does the man do with his Geiger counter and then what terrible error does he make?
4. What does the approaching stranger do when he gets halfway across the flat part of the hill overlooking the green valley of Ann's home?
5. Why does Ann bring Loomis into her home?
6. What does Ann decide to do to make cooking easier in the house?
7. Who is the stranger and what was his job before the war?
8. How does the man discover his terrible error about the Creek and what does he do?
9. Why does Ann decide to go down to the farm yard and what does she discover?
10. What does Ann hear Loomis saying in his dreams and what does Ann think about what she hears?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)