|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
(a) Ties him to the bedposts to keep him from harming himself.
(b) Makes him some chicken soup.
(c) Gets some paper for him to write on.
(d) Takes his temperature again.
2. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
(a) Writes Loomis a note.
(b) Watches Loomis from afar.
(c) Gives Loomis an ultimatum.
(d) Takes a gun to confront Loomis.
3. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
(b) A mixture of manure and chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
(c) The chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
4. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
(b) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
(c) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
(d) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
5. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Puts him in bed.
(b) Puts him in a cool tub of water.
(c) Gives him antibiotics.
(d) Shaves him.
6. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes to the church to pray.
(b) Asks Loomis.
(c) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(d) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
7. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
(a) Uses betadine and clean bandages.
(b) Washes it in the pond.
(c) She does not do anything as the bullet barely scratches her.
(d) Uses alcohol and bandages.
8. What does Ann decide to haul with the tractor?
(a) The wood stove.
(b) A few tree logs.
(c) A large water feeding trough.
(d) Some large blocks of concrete.
9. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
(a) To collect her diary and other things.
(b) To untie Faro.
(c) To kick Loomis out of the house.
(d) To do the farm chores.
10. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Writing at the kitchen table.
(b) In the yard walking without a cane.
(c) Passed out on the sofa.
(d) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
11. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Go outside to feed the chickens.
(b) Feed himself.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Go outside and shuck peas.
12. About what does Mr. Loomis yell at Ann?
(a) For not planting sooner.
(b) For leaving him when he was unconscious to plow.
(c) For bringing the stove to the kitchen by herself.
(d) For her mentioning Edward.
13. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
(a) It is the wrong kind.
(b) It needs to be supplemented with nitrogen pellets.
(c) It should be used before it goes bad.
(d) It will run out.
14. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
(a) He grabs her hand.
(b) She was going after a fly.
(c) He gets up suddenly.
(d) She was trying to swat at a bee that lands on him.
15. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
(a) A holiday.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A travesty.
(d) Too much work for Ann to have done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
2. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
3. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
4. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
5. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)