|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Feeds him and then ties him.
(d) Kicks him.
2. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
(a) To collect her diary and other things.
(b) To untie Faro.
(c) To kick Loomis out of the house.
(d) To do the farm chores.
3. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
(a) It needs to be supplemented with nitrogen pellets.
(b) It is the wrong kind.
(c) It will run out.
(d) It should be used before it goes bad.
4. What does Ann count at Mr. Loomis' bedside?
(a) The number of times he relives some horror.
(b) The number of times he mentions Edward's name.
(c) His respiration.
(d) His heart beats.
5. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
(a) He grabs her hand.
(b) He gets up suddenly.
(c) She was trying to swat at a bee that lands on him.
(d) She was going after a fly.
6. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) Fudge on her new oven.
(b) A roast in her new oven.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A birthday cake.
7. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
(a) Takes a gun to confront Loomis.
(b) Gives Loomis an ultimatum.
(c) Writes Loomis a note.
(d) Watches Loomis from afar.
8. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Taking time to write in her journal.
(c) Taking time to move the stove.
(d) Going to the library.
9. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
(a) Loomis is watching for her.
(b) The blackberry thickets have grown in her usual path.
(c) Her usual path has eroded in the last heavy rain.
(d) She wants some variety in her life.
10. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
(a) Pins a note to a tree in the orchard.
(c) Tries to use Faro.
(d) Starts a search pattern.
11. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
(a) How to get them canned when she is not living at the house.
(b) They need special fertilizer.
(c) The beetles are eating a lot of them.
(d) They are stunted and she wonders if it's radiation.
12. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
(a) She sees a book titled King Edward on her father's bookshelf.
(b) Thinking of borrowing the safe suit from Loomis.
(c) She hears Loomis screaming his name.
(d) She sees his initials on something of Loomis'.
13. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
(a) He thinks she is making too much noise.
(b) He cannot find Ann.
(c) He has bad dreams.
(d) He thinks she is talking about his to someone.
14. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he would leave the valley.
(b) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(c) If he might kill her.
(d) If he would be open to a compromise.
15. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
2. How does Ann know how to change the sheets with someone in the bed?
3. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
4. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
5. Where does Ann go in the dark?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)