|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(a) Wild roses.
2. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) She is bored.
(b) It makes her feel more hopeful.
(c) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
(d) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
3. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Feed himself.
(b) Go outside to feed the chickens.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Go outside and shuck peas.
4. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(d) In the ankle.
5. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
(a) To untie Faro.
(b) To collect her diary and other things.
(c) To kick Loomis out of the house.
(d) To do the farm chores.
6. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
(a) He comes and bangs on the piano with his fist.
(b) He throws a glass at her when she hits a wrong note.
(c) He bangs his cane on the floor.
(d) He falls out of his chair.
7. Where does Loomis search for Ann?
(a) In the lower pasture.
(b) At the cave.
(c) In the apartment above the store.
(d) In the Klein's home.
8. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Takes it/them home.
(b) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(c) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
(d) Tries to feed it/them.
9. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes to the church to pray.
(b) Asks Loomis.
(c) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(d) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
10. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
(a) The blackberry thickets have grown in her usual path.
(b) Loomis is watching for her.
(c) Her usual path has eroded in the last heavy rain.
(d) She wants some variety in her life.
11. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(b) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(c) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
(d) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
12. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(b) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(c) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
(d) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
13. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
(a) The crabapple tree is heavy with apples.
(b) A bird's nest full of chicks.
(c) Signs of squirrels and rabbits.
(d) Deer tracks.
14. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
(a) Cleaning it.
(b) Shooting it at the top of the house.
(c) Smashing articles in the house with it.
(d) Trying to stick the barrel end in his mouth.
15. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) Sits and waits for her.
(b) Leaves a note.
(c) Burns all her stuff.
(d) He does not find the cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
2. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
3. How does Loomis get supplies while Ann is hiding out before he shot her?
4. What does Loomis do with Faro?
5. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)