|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(b) That he sit at the kitchen table.
(c) That she serve him.
(d) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
2. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) Sits and waits for her.
(b) Burns all her stuff.
(c) He does not find the cave.
(d) Leaves a note.
3. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
(b) Starts a search pattern.
(c) Pins a note to a tree in the orchard.
(d) Tries to use Faro.
4. How long had the system between Ann and Loomis worked out alright?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) A couple months.
5. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
(b) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
(c) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(d) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
6. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Goes up to her cave.
(b) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
(c) Goes to plow.
(d) Goes to the store.
7. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She lost her pen.
(b) She has been too busy.
(c) Nothing much has been going on.
(d) She been very ill and afraid.
8. How does Loomis get supplies while Ann is hiding out before he shot her?
(a) He hasn't.
(b) He has met her halfway to the store.
(c) She had been bringing them and put them on the porch for him.
(d) He has been going to the store himself.
9. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
(b) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
(c) She is bored.
(d) It makes her feel more hopeful.
10. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He knows she hates poetry.
(b) He had said he hated poetry.
(c) He does not appear to listen to her.
(d) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
11. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) He is talking.
(b) His heartbeat has slowed.
(c) His respiration is closer to normal.
(d) He is hungry.
12. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
(c) More seed.
(d) More tools.
13. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
(a) He cannot find Ann.
(b) He thinks she is making too much noise.
(c) He thinks she is talking about his to someone.
(d) He has bad dreams.
14. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
(a) They are stunted and she wonders if it's radiation.
(b) The beetles are eating a lot of them.
(c) They need special fertilizer.
(d) How to get them canned when she is not living at the house.
15. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) That he is mean.
(b) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(c) He does not know how to use a rifle.
(d) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann know how to change the sheets with someone in the bed?
2. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
3. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
4. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
5. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)