|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(b) Works on a puzzle.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Goes for a walk with Faro.
2. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Writing at the kitchen table.
(b) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(c) In the yard walking without a cane.
(d) Passed out on the sofa.
3. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(b) He broke a bone in his foot.
(c) He broke a finger.
(d) He is running a high fever.
4. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
(c) Wood cutting.
5. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) His heartbeat has slowed.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is talking.
(d) His respiration is closer to normal.
6. How does Ann know how to change the sheets with someone in the bed?
(a) She just does the best she can.
(b) She looked it up in a book at the library.
(c) Her mom, who is a nurse, taught her.
(d) From a class she took.
7. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Go outside and shuck peas.
(b) Feed himself.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Go outside to feed the chickens.
8. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
(a) To celebrate her birthday.
(b) Because it is no longer producing.
(c) To show Loomis how to kill and pluck one.
(d) Some new chicks have been born.
9. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
(a) He falls out of his chair.
(b) He throws a glass at her when she hits a wrong note.
(c) He bangs his cane on the floor.
(d) He comes and bangs on the piano with his fist.
10. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
(d) Ice Cream.
11. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
(b) Getting in the winter crops.
(d) Nothing; she figures she'll be back in the house by then.
12. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He had said he hated poetry.
(b) He knows she hates poetry.
(c) He does not appear to listen to her.
(d) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
13. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
(a) Faro growling.
(c) Mr. Loomis coming out to the field to instruct her.
(d) Mr. Loomis watching her.
14. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(b) Tracks Ann.
(c) Teaches him tricks.
(d) Plays ball with him.
15. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(b) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
(c) He does not know how to use a rifle.
(d) That he is mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
2. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
3. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
4. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
5. What career was Ann thinking of before the war?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)