|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann discover when she goes to start the tractor?
(a) The battery is dead.
(b) The tire is flat.
(c) No key.
(d) The gas tank is empty.
2. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(c) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(d) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
3. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(a) Goes for a walk with Faro.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Works on a puzzle.
4. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Goes to plow.
(b) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
(c) Goes to the store.
(d) Goes up to her cave.
5. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It has dropped to normal.
(b) It has gone down two degrees.
(c) Too high for the thermometer to record.
(d) It is holding at 103.
6. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) In the ankle.
(b) In the arm.
(c) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(d) In the shoulder.
7. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Passed out on the sofa.
(b) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(c) In the yard walking without a cane.
(d) Writing at the kitchen table.
8. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he might kill her.
(b) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(c) If he would be open to a compromise.
(d) If he would leave the valley.
9. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
(a) A baby crow.
(b) A baby possum.
(c) Two baby owls.
(d) Three kittens.
10. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
11. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
(b) Mr. Loomis coming out to the field to instruct her.
(c) Mr. Loomis watching her.
(d) Faro growling.
12. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(a) That he sit at the kitchen table.
(b) That she serve him.
(c) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
13. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
(b) A mixture of manure and chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
(c) The chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
14. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
(a) To show Loomis how to kill and pluck one.
(b) Because it is no longer producing.
(c) To celebrate her birthday.
(d) Some new chicks have been born.
15. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
(a) He can't find a hand pump for the tire.
(b) He refuses to give her the key.
(c) He says he has not had time to fill the tank.
(d) They have to get a new battery from the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
2. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
3. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
4. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
5. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)