|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
(d) Ice Cream.
2. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(b) That she serve him.
(c) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
(d) That he sit at the kitchen table.
3. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(b) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(c) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
(d) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
4. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
(c) A mixture of manure and chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
(d) The chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
5. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
(a) Some new chicks have been born.
(b) To show Loomis how to kill and pluck one.
(c) To celebrate her birthday.
(d) Because it is no longer producing.
6. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) He does not know how to use a rifle.
(b) That he is mean.
(c) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(d) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
7. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She lost her pen.
(b) Nothing much has been going on.
(c) She been very ill and afraid.
(d) She has been too busy.
8. Where does Loomis search for Ann?
(a) In the lower pasture.
(b) In the Klein's home.
(c) In the apartment above the store.
(d) At the cave.
9. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A travesty.
(c) A holiday.
(d) Too much work for Ann to have done.
10. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
(a) To try to steal the tractor key.
(b) To talk to him.
(c) To try to steal the padlock keys.
(d) To shoot him.
11. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(b) Wild roses.
12. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
(a) To the store.
(b) Back to church.
(c) To the garden to keep busy and not worry.
(d) To sleep.
13. What does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A pair of her father's pajamas.
(b) A picture of New York.
(c) A walking cane.
(d) A pair of her father's boots.
14. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
(a) A baby crow.
(b) Two baby owls.
(c) A baby possum.
(d) Three kittens.
15. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Feed himself.
(b) Go outside and shuck peas.
(c) Go outside to feed the chickens.
(d) Get out of bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
2. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
3. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
4. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
5. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)