|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
(a) She sees his initials on something of Loomis'.
(b) She sees a book titled King Edward on her father's bookshelf.
(c) She hears Loomis screaming his name.
(d) Thinking of borrowing the safe suit from Loomis.
2. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
(a) The blackberry thickets have grown in her usual path.
(b) Loomis is watching for her.
(c) She wants some variety in her life.
(d) Her usual path has eroded in the last heavy rain.
3. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) There are lots of new bird sounds.
(b) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
(c) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(d) The garden lettuce is coming up.
4. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
(c) Nothing; she figures she'll be back in the house by then.
(d) Getting in the winter crops.
5. Where does Ann go in the dark?
(a) Up in her tree house.
(b) To the store for supplies.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) To the basement.
6. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It is holding at 103.
(b) It has gone down two degrees.
(c) Too high for the thermometer to record.
(d) It has dropped to normal.
7. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
(a) Takes it from Loomis.
(b) Hides it in the attic.
(c) Hides it in the hayloft.
(d) Throws it in the creek.
8. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
(a) They are stunted and she wonders if it's radiation.
(b) They need special fertilizer.
(c) How to get them canned when she is not living at the house.
(d) The beetles are eating a lot of them.
9. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A birthday cake.
(c) A roast in her new oven.
(d) Fudge on her new oven.
10. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
(a) Three kittens.
(b) Two baby owls.
(c) A baby crow.
(d) A baby possum.
11. About what does Mr. Loomis yell at Ann?
(a) For not planting sooner.
(b) For bringing the stove to the kitchen by herself.
(c) For her mentioning Edward.
(d) For leaving him when he was unconscious to plow.
12. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Feeds him and then ties him.
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Kicks him.
13. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(b) In the ankle.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) In the arm.
14. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He is running a high fever.
(c) He broke a bone in his foot.
(d) He broke a finger.
15. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Asks Loomis.
(b) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(c) Goes to the church to pray.
(d) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
2. What does Ann give Loomis?
3. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
4. What does Ann count at Mr. Loomis' bedside?
5. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)