|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
(a) Hides it in the hayloft.
(b) Hides it in the attic.
(c) Takes it from Loomis.
(d) Throws it in the creek.
2. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
(a) Makes him some chicken soup.
(b) Gets some paper for him to write on.
(c) Takes his temperature again.
(d) Ties him to the bedposts to keep him from harming himself.
3. How long had the system between Ann and Loomis worked out alright?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) A couple months.
(d) 3 days.
4. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
(a) He can't find a hand pump for the tire.
(b) They have to get a new battery from the store.
(c) He refuses to give her the key.
(d) He says he has not had time to fill the tank.
5. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) In the ankle.
(b) In the shoulder.
(c) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(d) In the arm.
6. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(b) That she serve him.
(c) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
(d) That he sit at the kitchen table.
7. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(c) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(d) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
8. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
(a) To sleep.
(b) To the store.
(c) Back to church.
(d) To the garden to keep busy and not worry.
9. What does Ann discover when she goes to start the tractor?
(a) The gas tank is empty.
(b) The tire is flat.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) No key.
10. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
(b) More tools.
(d) More seed.
11. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He is running a high fever.
(b) He broke a finger.
(c) He broke a bone in his foot.
12. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
(a) It needs to be supplemented with nitrogen pellets.
(b) It will run out.
(c) It is the wrong kind.
(d) It should be used before it goes bad.
13. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
(a) Because it is no longer producing.
(b) To show Loomis how to kill and pluck one.
(c) Some new chicks have been born.
(d) To celebrate her birthday.
14. What does Ann count at Mr. Loomis' bedside?
(a) His heart beats.
(b) His respiration.
(c) The number of times he mentions Edward's name.
(d) The number of times he relives some horror.
15. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Takes it/them home.
(b) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
(c) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(d) Tries to feed it/them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
2. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
3. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
4. How does Ann know how to change the sheets with someone in the bed?
5. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)