|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(b) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
(c) The garden lettuce is coming up.
(d) There are lots of new bird sounds.
2. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Going to the library.
(b) Taking time to move the stove.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Taking time to write in her journal.
3. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Takes it/them home.
(b) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
(c) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(d) Tries to feed it/them.
4. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) In the arm.
(b) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(c) In the ankle.
(d) In the shoulder.
5. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Feed himself.
(b) Go outside to feed the chickens.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Go outside and shuck peas.
6. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Feeds him and then ties him.
(d) Kicks him.
7. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
(a) A generator.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A weather balloon.
(d) A sewage plant.
8. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(b) Goes for a walk with Faro.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Works on a puzzle.
9. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
(a) To the garden to keep busy and not worry.
(b) Back to church.
(c) To the store.
(d) To sleep.
10. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
(b) Wrecks the front room.
(c) Puts locks on the doors.
(d) Breaks several windows.
11. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
(b) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(c) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(d) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
12. Where does Ann go in the dark?
(a) Up in her tree house.
(b) To the Klein's house.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the store for supplies.
13. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
(b) Pins a note to a tree in the orchard.
(c) Tries to use Faro.
(d) Starts a search pattern.
14. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(b) Goes to the church to pray.
(c) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(d) Asks Loomis.
15. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A birthday cake.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A roast in her new oven.
(d) Fudge on her new oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
2. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
3. What does Ann give Loomis?
4. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
5. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)