|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
(a) Three kittens.
(b) Two baby owls.
(c) A baby crow.
(d) A baby possum.
2. What does Ann decide to haul with the tractor?
(a) Some large blocks of concrete.
(b) A few tree logs.
(c) The wood stove.
(d) A large water feeding trough.
3. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
(a) The beetles are eating a lot of them.
(b) They need special fertilizer.
(c) They are stunted and she wonders if it's radiation.
(d) How to get them canned when she is not living at the house.
4. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He is running a high fever.
(b) He broke a bone in his foot.
(d) He broke a finger.
5. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) Leaves a note.
(b) He does not find the cave.
(c) Sits and waits for her.
(d) Burns all her stuff.
6. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Shaves him.
(b) Puts him in a cool tub of water.
(c) Puts him in bed.
(d) Gives him antibiotics.
7. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
(a) Because it is no longer producing.
(b) To celebrate her birthday.
(c) To show Loomis how to kill and pluck one.
(d) Some new chicks have been born.
8. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(b) Wild roses.
9. Where does Ann move?
(a) To the Klein's house.
(b) To her cave.
(c) To the attic bedroom.
(d) No where.
10. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes to the church to pray.
(b) Asks Loomis.
(c) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(d) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
11. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A roast in her new oven.
(b) Fudge on her new oven.
(c) A birthday cake.
(d) A quilt.
12. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
(a) Ice Cream.
13. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
(c) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
(d) It makes her feel more hopeful.
14. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Feed himself.
(b) Go outside and shuck peas.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Go outside to feed the chickens.
15. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
(a) Takes it from Loomis.
(b) Hides it in the hayloft.
(c) Hides it in the attic.
(d) Throws it in the creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis do with Faro?
2. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
3. What career was Ann thinking of before the war?
4. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
5. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)