|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
(b) Her playing the piano.
(c) An owl hooting.
2. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Writing at the kitchen table.
(b) In the yard walking without a cane.
(c) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(d) Passed out on the sofa.
3. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a bone in his foot.
(b) He is running a high fever.
(c) He broke a finger.
4. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
(a) Wood cutting.
5. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(b) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
(c) That he is mean.
(d) He does not know how to use a rifle.
6. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Feeds him and then ties him.
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Kicks him.
7. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(c) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(d) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
8. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
(a) Signs of squirrels and rabbits.
(b) Deer tracks.
(c) A bird's nest full of chicks.
(d) The crabapple tree is heavy with apples.
9. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
(a) Smashing articles in the house with it.
(b) Trying to stick the barrel end in his mouth.
(c) Shooting it at the top of the house.
(d) Cleaning it.
10. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A holiday.
(c) Too much work for Ann to have done.
(d) A travesty.
11. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
(b) He had said he hated poetry.
(c) He does not appear to listen to her.
(d) He knows she hates poetry.
12. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
(a) Breaks several windows.
(b) Wrecks the front room.
(c) Puts locks on the doors.
13. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
14. How does Loomis get supplies while Ann is hiding out before he shot her?
(a) He has been going to the store himself.
(b) She had been bringing them and put them on the porch for him.
(c) He has met her halfway to the store.
(d) He hasn't.
15. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Feed himself.
(b) Get out of bed.
(c) Go outside and shuck peas.
(d) Go outside to feed the chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
2. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
3. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
4. What does Ann give Loomis?
5. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)