|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(d) Wild roses.
2. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
(b) He had said he hated poetry.
(c) He knows she hates poetry.
(d) He does not appear to listen to her.
3. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
(a) Deer tracks.
(b) Signs of squirrels and rabbits.
(c) The crabapple tree is heavy with apples.
(d) A bird's nest full of chicks.
4. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
(a) They are stunted and she wonders if it's radiation.
(b) The beetles are eating a lot of them.
(c) They need special fertilizer.
(d) How to get them canned when she is not living at the house.
5. Where does Ann move?
(a) To her cave.
(b) No where.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) To the attic bedroom.
6. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
(a) Ties him to the bedposts to keep him from harming himself.
(b) Makes him some chicken soup.
(c) Takes his temperature again.
(d) Gets some paper for him to write on.
7. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
(b) Wood cutting.
8. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
(a) To try to steal the tractor key.
(b) To try to steal the padlock keys.
(c) To talk to him.
(d) To shoot him.
9. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(b) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
(c) Tries to feed it/them.
(d) Takes it/them home.
10. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
(a) Puts locks on the doors.
(b) Wrecks the front room.
(d) Breaks several windows.
11. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
(a) A generator.
(b) A sewage plant.
(c) A weather balloon.
(d) A windmill.
12. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(b) Works on a puzzle.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Goes for a walk with Faro.
13. What career was Ann thinking of before the war?
(c) Computer programmer.
14. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
(a) More tools.
(d) More seed.
15. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) Too high for the thermometer to record.
(b) It is holding at 103.
(c) It has gone down two degrees.
(d) It has dropped to normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the middle of the night?
2. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
3. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
4. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
5. What does Ann discover when she goes to start the tractor?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)