|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career was Ann thinking of before the war?
(d) Computer programmer.
2. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) His respiration is closer to normal.
(b) He is talking.
(c) His heartbeat has slowed.
(d) He is hungry.
3. How long had the system between Ann and Loomis worked out alright?
(a) 3 days.
(b) A couple months.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
(a) Three kittens.
(b) Two baby owls.
(c) A baby possum.
(d) A baby crow.
5. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(b) Wild roses.
6. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(b) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
(c) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(d) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
7. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
(a) She hears Loomis screaming his name.
(b) She sees his initials on something of Loomis'.
(c) She sees a book titled King Edward on her father's bookshelf.
(d) Thinking of borrowing the safe suit from Loomis.
8. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A sewage plant.
(c) A weather balloon.
(d) A generator.
9. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
(b) Goes to plow.
(c) Goes up to her cave.
(d) Goes to the store.
10. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Taking time to write in her journal.
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Taking time to move the stove.
11. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Edward tried to kill Loomis.
(b) Loomis was emotionally devastated by Edward's death by radiation.
(c) Loomis and Edward fought over a woman.
(d) Something bad happened between them.
12. Where does Loomis search for Ann?
(a) At the cave.
(b) In the Klein's home.
(c) In the apartment above the store.
(d) In the lower pasture.
13. About what does Mr. Loomis yell at Ann?
(a) For leaving him when he was unconscious to plow.
(b) For bringing the stove to the kitchen by herself.
(c) For her mentioning Edward.
(d) For not planting sooner.
14. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
(b) Takes it/them home.
(c) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(d) Tries to feed it/them.
15. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Shaves him.
(b) Puts him in a cool tub of water.
(c) Puts him in bed.
(d) Gives him antibiotics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann give Loomis?
2. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
3. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
4. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
5. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)