|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(b) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
(c) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
(d) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
2. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
(c) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(d) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
3. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(a) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
(c) That she serve him.
(d) That he sit at the kitchen table.
4. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Tracks Ann.
(b) Teaches him tricks.
(c) Plays ball with him.
5. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
(a) She wants some variety in her life.
(b) The blackberry thickets have grown in her usual path.
(c) Loomis is watching for her.
(d) Her usual path has eroded in the last heavy rain.
6. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(a) Works on a puzzle.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Goes for a walk with Faro.
7. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
(a) Thinking of borrowing the safe suit from Loomis.
(b) She sees a book titled King Edward on her father's bookshelf.
(c) She sees his initials on something of Loomis'.
(d) She hears Loomis screaming his name.
8. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
(a) Ties him to the bedposts to keep him from harming himself.
(b) Makes him some chicken soup.
(c) Gets some paper for him to write on.
(d) Takes his temperature again.
9. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It has dropped to normal.
(b) Too high for the thermometer to record.
(c) It is holding at 103.
(d) It has gone down two degrees.
10. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Goes to plow.
(b) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
(c) Goes up to her cave.
(d) Goes to the store.
11. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) He does not find the cave.
(b) Sits and waits for her.
(c) Leaves a note.
(d) Burns all her stuff.
12. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
(a) Wood cutting.
13. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
(a) Uses alcohol and bandages.
(b) Washes it in the pond.
(c) She does not do anything as the bullet barely scratches her.
(d) Uses betadine and clean bandages.
14. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
(a) A weather balloon.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A generator.
(d) A sewage plant.
15. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Taking time to move the stove.
(b) Taking time to write in her journal.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Going to the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
2. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
3. Where does Ann go in the dark?
4. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
5. What does Loomis do with Faro?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)