|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A walking cane.
(b) A pair of her father's boots.
(c) A picture of New York.
(d) A pair of her father's pajamas.
2. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
(a) Loomis is watching for her.
(b) Her usual path has eroded in the last heavy rain.
(c) She wants some variety in her life.
(d) The blackberry thickets have grown in her usual path.
3. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
(b) He knows she hates poetry.
(c) He does not appear to listen to her.
(d) He had said he hated poetry.
4. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Feed himself.
(b) Go outside and shuck peas.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Go outside to feed the chickens.
5. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She been very ill and afraid.
(b) Nothing much has been going on.
(c) She has been too busy.
(d) She lost her pen.
6. How long had the system between Ann and Loomis worked out alright?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) A couple months.
7. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
(a) Mr. Loomis coming out to the field to instruct her.
(b) Mr. Loomis watching her.
(c) Faro growling.
8. Where does Ann move?
(a) To her cave.
(b) No where.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) To the attic bedroom.
9. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
(a) He thinks she is making too much noise.
(b) He thinks she is talking about his to someone.
(c) He has bad dreams.
(d) He cannot find Ann.
10. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
(b) Goes up to her cave.
(c) Goes to plow.
(d) Goes to the store.
11. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) Sits and waits for her.
(b) He does not find the cave.
(c) Burns all her stuff.
(d) Leaves a note.
12. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(b) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
(c) That he is mean.
(d) He does not know how to use a rifle.
13. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
(a) Gets some paper for him to write on.
(b) Ties him to the bedposts to keep him from harming himself.
(c) Takes his temperature again.
(d) Makes him some chicken soup.
14. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
(a) Takes a gun to confront Loomis.
(b) Writes Loomis a note.
(c) Watches Loomis from afar.
(d) Gives Loomis an ultimatum.
15. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) He is talking.
(b) His respiration is closer to normal.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) His heartbeat has slowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
2. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
3. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
4. What does Ann count at Mr. Loomis' bedside?
5. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)