|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) In the yard walking without a cane.
(b) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(c) Passed out on the sofa.
(d) Writing at the kitchen table.
2. Where does Ann go in the dark?
(a) To the basement.
(b) To the store for supplies.
(c) Up in her tree house.
(d) To the Klein's house.
3. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
(a) Puts locks on the doors.
(b) Wrecks the front room.
(c) Breaks several windows.
4. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She been very ill and afraid.
(b) Nothing much has been going on.
(c) She has been too busy.
(d) She lost her pen.
5. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
(b) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(c) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(d) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
6. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
(a) He gets up suddenly.
(b) She was going after a fly.
(c) She was trying to swat at a bee that lands on him.
(d) He grabs her hand.
7. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
(a) A travesty.
(b) A holiday.
(c) Too much work for Ann to have done.
(d) A miracle.
8. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Puts him in bed.
(b) Gives him antibiotics.
(c) Shaves him.
(d) Puts him in a cool tub of water.
9. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
(a) He thinks she is making too much noise.
(b) He cannot find Ann.
(c) He has bad dreams.
(d) He thinks she is talking about his to someone.
10. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
(a) Her playing the piano.
(b) An owl hooting.
11. What does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A pair of her father's boots.
(b) A pair of her father's pajamas.
(c) A walking cane.
(d) A picture of New York.
12. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It is holding at 103.
(b) Too high for the thermometer to record.
(c) It has gone down two degrees.
(d) It has dropped to normal.
13. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(b) If he might kill her.
(c) If he would be open to a compromise.
(d) If he would leave the valley.
14. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
(a) To try to steal the padlock keys.
(b) To talk to him.
(c) To shoot him.
(d) To try to steal the tractor key.
15. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) Fudge on her new oven.
(b) A birthday cake.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A roast in her new oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ann liken Loomis when he opens his eyes?
2. What does Loomis do with Faro?
3. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
4. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
5. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)