|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(b) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
(c) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(d) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
2. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(b) Goes for a walk with Faro.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Works on a puzzle.
3. What does Loomis reply when Ann asks about the tractor situation?
(a) They have to get a new battery from the store.
(b) He says he has not had time to fill the tank.
(c) He can't find a hand pump for the tire.
(d) He refuses to give her the key.
4. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(c) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
(d) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
5. What does Ann do after putting Loomis back in bed in the morning?
(a) Makes him some chicken soup.
(b) Ties him to the bedposts to keep him from harming himself.
(c) Gets some paper for him to write on.
(d) Takes his temperature again.
6. How does Loomis get supplies while Ann is hiding out before he shot her?
(a) He hasn't.
(b) He has met her halfway to the store.
(c) She had been bringing them and put them on the porch for him.
(d) He has been going to the store himself.
7. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Gives him antibiotics.
(b) Puts him in bed.
(c) Puts him in a cool tub of water.
(d) Shaves him.
8. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It has gone down two degrees.
(b) Too high for the thermometer to record.
(c) It is holding at 103.
(d) It has dropped to normal.
9. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(b) Goes to the church to pray.
(c) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(d) Asks Loomis.
10. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
(a) To try to steal the padlock keys.
(b) To talk to him.
(c) To try to steal the tractor key.
(d) To shoot him.
11. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He had said he hated poetry.
(b) He knows she hates poetry.
(c) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
(d) He does not appear to listen to her.
12. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) His respiration is closer to normal.
(b) His heartbeat has slowed.
(c) He is talking.
(d) He is hungry.
13. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
(a) More seed.
(c) More tools.
14. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) It makes her feel more hopeful.
(b) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
(c) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
(d) She is bored.
15. To what does Ann liken Loomis when he opens his eyes?
(a) A person on mind-altering drugs.
(b) A zombie she once saw on television.
(c) An alien from another planet.
(d) A newborn animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
2. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
3. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
4. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
5. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)