|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
(a) It needs to be supplemented with nitrogen pellets.
(b) It should be used before it goes bad.
(c) It is the wrong kind.
(d) It will run out.
2. What does Ann decide to haul with the tractor?
(a) Some large blocks of concrete.
(b) A large water feeding trough.
(c) The wood stove.
(d) A few tree logs.
3. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) In the arm.
(b) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) In the ankle.
4. What does Ann count at Mr. Loomis' bedside?
(a) His heart beats.
(b) His respiration.
(c) The number of times he mentions Edward's name.
(d) The number of times he relives some horror.
5. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
6. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) Nothing much has been going on.
(b) She lost her pen.
(c) She has been too busy.
(d) She been very ill and afraid.
7. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Something bad happened between them.
(b) Loomis was emotionally devastated by Edward's death by radiation.
(c) Loomis and Edward fought over a woman.
(d) Edward tried to kill Loomis.
8. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) Burns all her stuff.
(b) Leaves a note.
(c) He does not find the cave.
(d) Sits and waits for her.
9. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(a) That she serve him.
(c) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
(d) That he sit at the kitchen table.
10. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
(a) A mixture of manure and chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
(c) The chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
11. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
(a) She does not do anything as the bullet barely scratches her.
(b) Uses betadine and clean bandages.
(c) Uses alcohol and bandages.
(d) Washes it in the pond.
12. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Feeds him and then ties him.
13. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(b) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
(c) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(d) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
14. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
(a) Her playing the piano.
(c) An owl hooting.
15. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
(a) He falls out of his chair.
(b) He bangs his cane on the floor.
(c) He throws a glass at her when she hits a wrong note.
(d) He comes and bangs on the piano with his fist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
2. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
3. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
4. What does Ann do with what she finds?
5. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)