|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a bone in his foot.
(b) He is running a high fever.
(d) He broke a finger.
2. What career was Ann thinking of before the war?
(c) Computer programmer.
3. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Writing at the kitchen table.
(b) Passed out on the sofa.
(c) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(d) In the yard walking without a cane.
4. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
(a) It has dropped to normal.
(b) It is holding at 103.
(c) It has gone down two degrees.
(d) Too high for the thermometer to record.
5. What does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A walking cane.
(b) A pair of her father's pajamas.
(c) A pair of her father's boots.
(d) A picture of New York.
6. Why does Ann go to the farm the morning after Loomis searched for Ann in the store apartment?
(a) To talk to him.
(b) To try to steal the tractor key.
(c) To shoot him.
(d) To try to steal the padlock keys.
7. What does Ann decide to haul with the tractor?
(a) Some large blocks of concrete.
(b) The wood stove.
(c) A few tree logs.
(d) A large water feeding trough.
8. What does Ann worry about concerning the tomatoes?
(a) They need special fertilizer.
(b) How to get them canned when she is not living at the house.
(c) The beetles are eating a lot of them.
(d) They are stunted and she wonders if it's radiation.
9. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Taking time to move the stove.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Going to the library.
(d) Taking time to write in her journal.
10. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(b) Takes it/them home.
(c) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
(d) Tries to feed it/them.
11. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A quilt.
(b) Fudge on her new oven.
(c) A birthday cake.
(d) A roast in her new oven.
12. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Go outside to feed the chickens.
(b) Feed himself.
(c) Get out of bed.
(d) Go outside and shuck peas.
13. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
(b) Ice Cream.
14. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
(a) Hides it in the hayloft.
(b) Throws it in the creek.
(c) Hides it in the attic.
(d) Takes it from Loomis.
15. Where does Ann go in the dark?
(a) Up in her tree house.
(b) To the Klein's house.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the store for supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
2. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
3. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
4. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
5. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)