|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Taking time to write in her journal.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Going to the library.
(d) Taking time to move the stove.
2. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(c) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(d) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
3. To what does Ann liken Loomis when he opens his eyes?
(a) A zombie she once saw on television.
(b) A person on mind-altering drugs.
(c) A newborn animal.
(d) An alien from another planet.
4. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
(a) Writes Loomis a note.
(b) Takes a gun to confront Loomis.
(c) Gives Loomis an ultimatum.
(d) Watches Loomis from afar.
5. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
(a) He grabs her hand.
(b) She was trying to swat at a bee that lands on him.
(c) He gets up suddenly.
(d) She was going after a fly.
6. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
(a) A baby possum.
(b) A baby crow.
(c) Two baby owls.
(d) Three kittens.
7. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) In the arm.
(b) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(c) In the shoulder.
(d) In the ankle.
8. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A quilt.
(b) Fudge on her new oven.
(c) A roast in her new oven.
(d) A birthday cake.
9. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(b) Goes to the church to pray.
(c) Asks Loomis.
(d) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
10. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
(a) Some new chicks have been born.
(b) Because it is no longer producing.
(c) To celebrate her birthday.
(d) To show Loomis how to kill and pluck one.
11. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
(b) Goes to plow.
(c) Goes to the store.
(d) Goes up to her cave.
12. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(a) That she serve him.
(b) That he sit at the kitchen table.
(d) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
13. What flowers does Ann pick and put in Loomis' bedroom?
(c) Wild roses.
14. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
(a) A bird's nest full of chicks.
(b) Signs of squirrels and rabbits.
(c) The crabapple tree is heavy with apples.
(d) Deer tracks.
15. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Sends him away.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Feeds him and then ties him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
2. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
3. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
4. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
5. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)