|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(b) If he would be open to a compromise.
(c) If he might kill her.
(d) If he would leave the valley.
2. What does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A walking cane.
(b) A picture of New York.
(c) A pair of her father's pajamas.
(d) A pair of her father's boots.
3. What does Mr. Loomis seem upset about Ann doing while he was delirious?
(a) Going to the library.
(b) Taking time to write in her journal.
(c) Taking time to move the stove.
(d) Going to church.
4. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
(a) Go outside to feed the chickens.
(b) Get out of bed.
(c) Feed himself.
(d) Go outside and shuck peas.
5. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Loomis and Edward fought over a woman.
(b) Edward tried to kill Loomis.
(c) Loomis was emotionally devastated by Edward's death by radiation.
(d) Something bad happened between them.
6. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She lost her pen.
(b) She has been too busy.
(c) She been very ill and afraid.
(d) Nothing much has been going on.
7. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
(b) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(c) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(d) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
8. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the arm.
(c) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(d) In the ankle.
9. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He does not appear to listen to her.
(b) He had said he hated poetry.
(c) He knows she hates poetry.
(d) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
10. How does Ann know how to change the sheets with someone in the bed?
(a) Her mom, who is a nurse, taught her.
(b) She looked it up in a book at the library.
(c) From a class she took.
(d) She just does the best she can.
11. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
(a) She hears Loomis screaming his name.
(b) She sees a book titled King Edward on her father's bookshelf.
(c) Thinking of borrowing the safe suit from Loomis.
(d) She sees his initials on something of Loomis'.
12. What does Ann realize about why Loomis shoots her?
(a) He shoot her to kill her or he would have used his smaller caliber rifle.
(b) That he is mean.
(c) He does not know how to use a rifle.
(d) He wanted to incapacitate her only so she would need him.
13. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
(a) She thinks Loomis might hurt Faro.
(b) She is afraid Loomis will kill another chicken.
(c) She thinks Loomis might burn down the house.
(d) She is afraid Loomis will wake and need her.
14. What does Ann do later that night after playing the piano?
(b) Works on a puzzle.
(c) Goes for a walk with Faro.
(d) Writes in her diary.
15. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
(a) Ice Cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
2. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
3. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
4. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
5. What does Loomis do with Faro?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)