Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
(a) There are eight baby chickens hatched.
(b) There are lots of new bird sounds.
(c) The pond is full from the rain last night.
(d) The garden lettuce is coming up.
2. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
(a) Pins a note to a tree in the orchard.
(c) Tries to use Faro.
(d) Starts a search pattern.
3. Where does Loomis search for Ann?
(a) In the apartment above the store.
(b) In the Klein's home.
(c) In the lower pasture.
(d) At the cave.
4. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Edward tried to kill Loomis.
(b) Loomis and Edward fought over a woman.
(c) Something bad happened between them.
(d) Loomis was emotionally devastated by Edward's death by radiation.
5. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He had said he hated poetry.
(b) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
(c) He does not appear to listen to her.
(d) He knows she hates poetry.
6. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
(a) A holiday.
(b) Too much work for Ann to have done.
(c) A travesty.
(d) A miracle.
7. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A birthday cake.
(c) Fudge on her new oven.
(d) A roast in her new oven.
8. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
(a) A mixture of manure and chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
(c) The chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
9. To what does Ann liken Loomis when he opens his eyes?
(a) A newborn animal.
(b) A zombie she once saw on television.
(c) An alien from another planet.
(d) A person on mind-altering drugs.
10. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
(a) Puts locks on the doors.
(b) Wrecks the front room.
(c) Breaks several windows.
11. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
(a) Wood cutting.
12. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(b) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
(c) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
(d) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
13. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(b) He broke a bone in his foot.
(c) He is running a high fever.
(d) He broke a finger.
14. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
(a) Back to church.
(b) To the garden to keep busy and not worry.
(c) To the store.
(d) To sleep.
15. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
(b) It makes her feel more hopeful.
(c) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
(d) She is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
2. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
3. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
4. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
5. What does Ann find when she goes to pray?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)