|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis do at Ann's cave?
(a) Leaves a note.
(b) Burns all her stuff.
(c) He does not find the cave.
(d) Sits and waits for her.
2. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he might kill her.
(b) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(c) If he would be open to a compromise.
(d) If he would leave the valley.
3. How many bags of fertilizer does Ann estimate are at the store?
4. What does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A walking cane.
(b) A pair of her father's boots.
(c) A picture of New York.
(d) A pair of her father's pajamas.
5. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(b) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
(c) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
(d) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
6. How does Ann know how to change the sheets with someone in the bed?
(a) She looked it up in a book at the library.
(b) She just does the best she can.
(c) Her mom, who is a nurse, taught her.
(d) From a class she took.
7. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She lost her pen.
(b) Nothing much has been going on.
(c) She been very ill and afraid.
(d) She has been too busy.
8. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(b) Goes to the church to pray.
(c) Asks Loomis.
(d) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
9. Where does Ann move?
(a) To the attic bedroom.
(b) To her cave.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) No where.
10. How long had the system between Ann and Loomis worked out alright?
(a) 10 days.
(b) A couple months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
11. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
(a) Mr. Loomis watching her.
(b) Faro growling.
(d) Mr. Loomis coming out to the field to instruct her.
12. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
(b) The chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
(c) A mixture of manure and chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
13. What makes Ann think about Edward all of a sudden?
(a) She hears Loomis screaming his name.
(b) She sees a book titled King Edward on her father's bookshelf.
(c) She sees his initials on something of Loomis'.
(d) Thinking of borrowing the safe suit from Loomis.
14. Where does Loomis search for Ann?
(a) In the Klein's home.
(b) At the cave.
(c) In the lower pasture.
(d) In the apartment above the store.
15. What does Loomis say about the fertilizer?
(a) It should be used before it goes bad.
(b) It is the wrong kind.
(c) It needs to be supplemented with nitrogen pellets.
(d) It will run out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
2. What does Loomis do with Faro?
3. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
4. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
5. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)