|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis do with Faro?
(a) Tracks Ann.
(b) Plays ball with him.
(d) Teaches him tricks.
2. To what does Ann liken Loomis when he opens his eyes?
(a) A zombie she once saw on television.
(b) A newborn animal.
(c) An alien from another planet.
(d) A person on mind-altering drugs.
3. Where does Ann move?
(a) To the attic bedroom.
(b) No where.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) To her cave.
4. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
(a) Nothing; she figures she'll be back in the house by then.
(c) Getting in the winter crops.
5. With what does Ann fertilize the garden?
(b) A mixture of manure and chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
(d) The chemical fertilizer from the feed store.
6. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A sewage plant.
(c) A generator.
(d) A weather balloon.
7. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) In the yard walking without a cane.
(b) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(c) Writing at the kitchen table.
(d) Passed out on the sofa.
8. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(b) If he would leave the valley.
(c) If he might kill her.
(d) If he would be open to a compromise.
9. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
(a) Goes to plow.
(b) Goes up to her cave.
(c) Goes to the store.
(d) Changes his bed clothes and pajamas.
10. What does Ann think about going to get in Ogdentown?
(c) More tools.
(d) More seed.
11. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
(a) That she serve him.
(c) That he sit at the kitchen table.
(d) That she set the table the same way as she did for her birthday.
12. What does Ann do with what she finds?
(a) Leaves it/them where she finds it/them.
(b) Takes it/them home.
(c) Tries to feed it/them.
(d) Puts it/them where the parents can locate them.
13. What does Ann do with Loomis' gun?
(a) Hides it in the attic.
(b) Hides it in the hayloft.
(c) Takes it from Loomis.
(d) Throws it in the creek.
14. What does Loomis do at the store that causes Ann to worry?
(b) Puts locks on the doors.
(c) Wrecks the front room.
(d) Breaks several windows.
15. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
(b) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(c) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
(d) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
2. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
3. Why does Ann accidentally hit Mr. Loomis in the face?
4. How long had the system between Ann and Loomis worked out alright?
5. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)