|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann decide to plant?
(a) Corn and wheat.
(b) Corn and beans.
(c) Wheat and beans.
(d) Cabbage and corn.
2. About what was Ann correct, much to Loomis' dismay?
(a) The garden being about as big as she could handle.
(b) The radiation levels in the Creek.
(c) The tractor being unrepairable.
(d) The gas pumps being inoperative.
3. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Her clarinet.
(b) The piano.
(c) The guitar.
(d) Her trumpet.
4. Where is the man?
(b) In his tent unconscious.
(c) Gathering eggs.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
5. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Lots of algae.
(b) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(c) Some turtles.
(d) Large mouth bass.
6. Who returns to the valley?
(c) No one.
(d) The Kleins.
7. What did Loomis' boss invent?
(a) A polymer.
(b) A new kind of Geiger counter.
(c) An amoeba.
(d) A new kind of metal.
8. How long was the war?
(a) A week.
(b) They do not know.
(c) A couple months.
(d) A day.
9. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
(a) He captures them and puts them in his cart.
(b) He can hear them.
(c) He eats some of her eggs.
(d) He kills one of them.
10. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) A dog biscuit.
(b) Another Geiger counter.
(c) A gun.
(d) An oxygen tank.
11. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
(b) She has no decent clothes.
(c) She does not want to scare the person.
(d) She wants to surprise them.
12. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
(a) Get the garden going.
(b) Get the cow pregnant again.
(c) Can some of her garden asap.
(d) Let the rooster have access to the chickens.
13. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A water purification filter.
(b) A tent.
(c) A hand-cranked generator.
(d) A radio transmitter.
14. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
(a) To get Faro.
(b) To steal some eggs.
(c) To check on the man.
(d) To confront the man.
15. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
(b) It would run out of gas.
(c) It would be too radioactive.
(d) It would be bringing him there faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
2. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
3. What was John Loomis' occupation?
4. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
5. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)