|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
(c) Car until he ran out of gas.
(d) Horseback until the horse dies.
2. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
(b) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(c) He is alone in the lab.
(d) He was on his way to pick up his children.
3. What does Ann hope?
(a) The calf will keep the cow from getting uncomfortable with too much milk.
(b) The Creek is no longer radioactive.
(c) Faro will not show up.
(d) The cows will be too skittish to get near the man.
4. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
(a) She will hide all the guns in the cave.
(b) She won't swim alone.
(c) She will rig up an alram system.
(d) She will hide from whoever is coming towards the valley.
5. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) It would run out of gas.
(b) It would be bringing him there faster.
(c) It would be too radioactive.
(d) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
6. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(a) A business suit.
(c) A military uniform.
(d) A strange plastic suit.
7. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
(a) Get the cow pregnant again.
(b) Let the rooster have access to the chickens.
(c) Get the garden going.
(d) Can some of her garden asap.
8. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
(a) How to build a wind turbine.
(b) How to build a greenhouse.
(c) How to build a water wheel.
(d) How to get gas out of the pumps manually.
9. What does Faro point to in the field?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A quail.
(c) A dove.
(d) A grouse.
10. Where is Loomis from?
(b) North Platte.
11. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
(b) She wants to surprise them.
(c) She does not want to scare the person.
(d) She has no decent clothes.
12. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Cutting firewood.
(b) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
13. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
(b) Heavy equipment and/or supplies.
14. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Puts a chemical in the water.
(b) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Checks for radiation.
15. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
(a) A man who worked with Edward.
(b) A man who invented a special radiation counter.
(c) Loomis' best friend.
(d) Loomis' brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
2. What does Ann use to gather greens?
3. What does Ann decide she should do?
4. Whom does the man feed?
5. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)