|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) Some areas still have a few people.
(b) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
(c) Lots of dead bodies.
(d) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
2. What did Loomis' boss invent?
(a) An amoeba.
(b) A new kind of metal.
(c) A new kind of Geiger counter.
(d) A polymer.
3. What does Ann think Faro will do?
(a) Lead the man to her location.
(b) Become friends with the man.
(c) Bite the man.
(d) Run away again since there is a stranger at the house.
4. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) An oxygen tank.
(b) Another Geiger counter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dog biscuit.
5. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It is good water.
(b) It could be use to generate electricity.
(c) It's flow changed.
(d) It is poisoned.
6. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He has sores all over his face.
(b) He was very old.
(c) He was very pale.
(d) He was heavily tanned.
7. How long was the war?
(a) They do not know.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) A couple months.
8. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A tent.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A hand-cranked generator.
(d) A water purification filter.
9. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
(a) Generate electricity.
(b) Pollute the pond.
(c) Eventually become harmless.
(d) Keep trespassers away.
10. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Kneels and kisses the ground.
(b) Take off his mask.
(c) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
(d) Turn around to leave.
11. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(b) She sees smoke.
(c) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
(d) They heard the news on the radio.
12. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He was on his way to pick up his children.
(b) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(c) He is alone in the lab.
(d) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
13. What was John Loomis' occupation?
14. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Large mouth bass.
(b) Lots of algae.
(c) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(d) Some turtles.
15. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
(a) Sharing a house with a stranger.
(b) Having enough food if feeding two.
(c) Having enough wood.
(d) Surviving winter in a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
2. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
4. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
5. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)