|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) They heard the news on the radio.
(b) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
(c) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(d) She sees smoke.
2. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
(a) Can some of her garden asap.
(b) Get the cow pregnant again.
(c) Get the garden going.
(d) Let the rooster have access to the chickens.
3. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(a) Swollen lymph glands.
(c) Sore muscles.
(d) Skin lesions.
4. After four days, what does Loomis' temperature mean?
(a) He is pretty much cured.
(b) He is still in the interim period.
(c) He will get sicker, but will most likely survive.
(d) He has the worse form of radiation.
5. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(c) A barn cat.
(d) The young bull.
6. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) A gun.
(b) An oxygen tank.
(c) Another Geiger counter.
(d) A dog biscuit.
7. What inspires Ann to make a salad?
(a) Loomis talks about his salad garden.
(b) A dream about her mother.
(c) Seeing an add in a magazine.
(d) A dream about a rabbit.
8. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
(a) She won't swim alone.
(b) She will hide from whoever is coming towards the valley.
(c) She will hide all the guns in the cave.
(d) She will rig up an alram system.
9. What does Ann decide she should do?
(a) Live in the tent.
(b) Bring Faro in the house.
(c) Live in the cave.
(d) Cook better meals since there was another person to feed.
10. What did Loomis' boss invent?
(a) A polymer.
(b) An amoeba.
(c) A new kind of Geiger counter.
(d) A new kind of metal.
11. What does Ann fear about Loomis?
(a) He will leave.
(b) He will start trying to boss her around.
(c) He will want to get married.
(d) He might be getting delirious again.
12. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
(a) The donkey.
(b) The cat.
(c) The dog.
(d) The horse.
13. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(b) The radio going dead.
(c) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(d) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
14. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
(a) Smoke in three different directions.
(b) Everything is dead.
(c) Lots of animals but no people.
(d) A valley about 40 miles away that has signs of life.
15. About what does Ann worry?
(a) The man will eat all the chickens and there will be none left to reproduce.
(b) The man will kill one of the cows.
(c) The man will leave right away.
(d) She should have warned the man about Burden Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
2. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
4. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
5. What does Ann decide to plant?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)