|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
(a) The President.
(b) A panel of judges for the Noble laureate committee.
(c) The military.
(d) His children.
2. In addition to the suit, what does Loomis' group create that enables Loomis to survive a search for survivors?
(a) A fillter to cleanse water of radiation.
(b) A filter to make water usuable.
(c) An invisible dome to keep fallout off his cart and supplies.
3. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(a) A business suit.
(c) A military uniform.
(d) A strange plastic suit.
4. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
(a) To get up to the cave.
(b) To answer him.
(c) To send Faro down to him.
(d) To shoot him.
5. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(b) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(c) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(d) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
6. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(b) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(c) Ann will make him leave.
(d) He does not say why he is afraid.
7. In what month does the book open?
8. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(a) Swollen lymph glands.
(c) Sore muscles.
(d) Skin lesions.
9. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
(a) So he could help with the household chores.
(b) So he would feel good towards her.
(c) She leaves him in his tent.
(d) To care for him more easily.
10. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her secret diary.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her radio that is still working.
(d) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
11. What had the team just completed before the war?
(a) A suit of the polymer.
(b) A suit made of kevlar.
(c) A suit of the special metal.
(d) A suit made of a silk like material that the amoeba creates.
12. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) It would be too radioactive.
(b) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
(c) It would run out of gas.
(d) It would be bringing him there faster.
13. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Her trumpet.
(b) The piano.
(c) Her clarinet.
(d) The guitar.
14. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
(b) Some areas still have a few people.
(c) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
(d) Lots of dead bodies.
15. What does Ann decide to plant?
(a) Wheat and beans.
(b) Cabbage and corn.
(c) Corn and wheat.
(d) Corn and beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
2. What does Loomis' boss' invention do?
3. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
4. Who returns to the valley?
5. What does Ann think Faro will do?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)