|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(a) Sore muscles.
(c) Skin lesions.
(d) Swollen lymph glands.
2. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
(b) Crabapple blossoms.
(c) Pear blossoms.
(d) Wild onions.
3. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
(c) Heavy equipment and/or supplies.
4. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(b) In the hayloft.
(d) The doctor's office.
5. What does Ann fear about Loomis?
(a) He will want to get married.
(b) He will leave.
(c) He will start trying to boss her around.
(d) He might be getting delirious again.
6. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He has sores all over his face.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was heavily tanned.
(d) He was very old.
7. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) Ann will make him leave.
(b) He does not say why he is afraid.
(c) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(d) He will die from radiation poisoning.
8. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) They never return.
(b) A month.
(c) Several days.
(d) Just a few hours.
9. Why doesn't Loomis go with Ann?
(a) He wants to try contacting others with Ann's radio.
(b) He is too weak.
(c) He wants to write in his journal.
(d) He needs to work on generator plans.
10. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(b) A strange plastic suit.
(c) A military uniform.
(d) A business suit.
11. Where is Loomis from?
(b) North Platte.
12. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
(a) The Farmer's Almanacs from the last twenty-five years.
(b) A couple carpentry books.
(c) The Farmer's Mechanic.
(d) A stack of Mother Earth magazines.
13. What did Loomis' boss invent?
(a) A new kind of Geiger counter.
(b) An amoeba.
(c) A polymer.
(d) A new kind of metal.
14. Of what does Loomis say Ann's family probably died?
(a) Mob violence.
(c) Nerve gas.
(d) Radiation poisoning.
15. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
(a) She will hide from whoever is coming towards the valley.
(b) She will rig up an alram system.
(c) She will hide all the guns in the cave.
(d) She won't swim alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
2. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
3. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
4. What does Ann decide she will do after cooking breakfast?
5. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)