|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think Faro will do?
(a) Run away again since there is a stranger at the house.
(b) Become friends with the man.
(c) Bite the man.
(d) Lead the man to her location.
2. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
(a) The piano.
(b) Her trumpet.
(c) Her clarinet.
(d) The guitar.
3. What does Ann decide she will do after cooking breakfast?
(a) Write in her journal.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Go to the store.
(d) Practice the piano.
4. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
(b) Kills them.
(c) Puts them in small wire cages and takes them to the cave.
(d) Chases them out of their fenced in area.
5. What does Ann decide she should do?
(a) Bring Faro in the house.
(b) Live in the tent.
(c) Live in the cave.
(d) Cook better meals since there was another person to feed.
6. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
(a) To get Faro.
(b) To check on the man.
(c) To confront the man.
(d) To steal some eggs.
7. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
(b) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(c) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(d) The radio going dead.
8. What does Ann decide to plant?
(a) Cabbage and corn.
(b) Corn and wheat.
(c) Wheat and beans.
(d) Corn and beans.
9. For what is Loomis searching?
(b) His parents.
(c) His wife.
(d) His young son and daughter.
10. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
(a) He plants an American flag in the soil by the tree.
(b) He shoots his rifle into the air.
(c) He checks the tree and area with a Geiger counter.
(d) He climbs the tree to reach the fruit.
11. For what does Ann really long?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Fresh salad and greens.
(d) Her mother.
12. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(b) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(c) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(d) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
13. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He does not say why he is afraid.
(b) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(c) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(d) Ann will make him leave.
14. Where is the man?
(b) In his tent unconscious.
(c) Swimming in the pond.
(d) Gathering eggs.
15. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) Several days.
(b) Just a few hours.
(c) A month.
(d) They never return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
2. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
3. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
4. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
5. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)