|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann fear about Loomis?
(a) He will want to get married.
(b) He will leave.
(c) He will start trying to boss her around.
(d) He might be getting delirious again.
2. What does Loomis' boss' invention do?
(a) Absorbs radiation.
(b) Eats radiation.
(c) Repels radiation.
(d) Detects a special type of radiation.
3. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
(b) It would be too radioactive.
(c) It would run out of gas.
(d) It would be bringing him there faster.
4. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
(b) Puts them in small wire cages and takes them to the cave.
(c) Kills them.
(d) Chases them out of their fenced in area.
5. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
(b) Lots of dead bodies.
(c) Some areas still have a few people.
(d) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
6. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
(a) A man who worked with Edward.
(b) A man who invented a special radiation counter.
(c) Loomis' brother-in-law.
(d) Loomis' best friend.
7. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(b) The doctor's office.
(c) In the hayloft.
8. For what does Ann really long?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Fresh salad and greens.
(d) Her brother.
9. About what does Ann worry?
(a) She should have warned the man about Burden Creek.
(b) The man will eat all the chickens and there will be none left to reproduce.
(c) The man will kill one of the cows.
(d) The man will leave right away.
10. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
(a) Eventually become harmless.
(b) Generate electricity.
(c) Keep trespassers away.
(d) Pollute the pond.
11. What inspires Ann to make a salad?
(a) A dream about a rabbit.
(b) A dream about her mother.
(c) Seeing an add in a magazine.
(d) Loomis talks about his salad garden.
12. What does Ann decide to plant?
(a) Corn and wheat.
(b) Wheat and beans.
(c) Cabbage and corn.
(d) Corn and beans.
13. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(b) Swollen lymph glands.
(c) Skin lesions.
(d) Sore muscles.
14. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Kneels and kisses the ground.
(b) Turn around to leave.
(c) Take off his mask.
(d) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
15. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
(a) Mrs. Klein.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
2. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
3. Whom does the man feed?
4. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
5. Where is the man?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)