|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(a) A barn cat.
(b) The young bull.
2. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
(a) Chases them out of their fenced in area.
(b) Puts them in small wire cages and takes them to the cave.
(c) Kills them.
3. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her radio that is still working.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
(d) Her secret diary.
4. What does Ann think Faro will do?
(a) Lead the man to her location.
(b) Become friends with the man.
(c) Run away again since there is a stranger at the house.
(d) Bite the man.
5. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She wants to surprise them.
(b) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
(c) She does not want to scare the person.
(d) She has no decent clothes.
6. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
(a) He checks the tree and area with a Geiger counter.
(b) He shoots his rifle into the air.
(c) He climbs the tree to reach the fruit.
(d) He plants an American flag in the soil by the tree.
7. What does Loomis' boss' invention do?
(a) Repels radiation.
(b) Absorbs radiation.
(c) Eats radiation.
(d) Detects a special type of radiation.
8. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
(a) She will hide all the guns in the cave.
(b) She won't swim alone.
(c) She will hide from whoever is coming towards the valley.
(d) She will rig up an alram system.
9. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
(a) A panel of judges for the Noble laureate committee.
(b) The President.
(c) His children.
(d) The military.
10. Where is Loomis from?
(a) North Platte.
11. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(b) The radio going dead.
(c) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
(d) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
12. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
(a) He says he does not want to talk about it.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He drops his glass of water.
(d) He starts sobbing.
13. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He was heavily tanned.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He has sores all over his face.
(d) He was very old.
14. What had the team just completed before the war?
(a) A suit made of a silk like material that the amoeba creates.
(b) A suit made of kevlar.
(c) A suit of the polymer.
(d) A suit of the special metal.
15. What was John Loomis' occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
2. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
3. How does Ann spend much of the next day?
4. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
5. What does Faro point to in the field?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)