|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
(a) He says he does not want to talk about it.
(b) He drops his glass of water.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He starts sobbing.
2. What does Ann think Faro will do?
(a) Run away again since there is a stranger at the house.
(b) Become friends with the man.
(c) Lead the man to her location.
(d) Bite the man.
3. What does Ann hope?
(a) The calf will keep the cow from getting uncomfortable with too much milk.
(b) The Creek is no longer radioactive.
(c) The cows will be too skittish to get near the man.
(d) Faro will not show up.
4. Where does her parents say they are going first in their explorations?
(a) To the Mennonites.
(b) To the Quaker settlement.
(c) To the military base.
(d) To the Amish.
5. What does Ann do later in the day without Loomis?
(b) Row on the pond.
(c) Walk to the store.
(d) Visit the church.
6. What had the team just completed before the war?
(a) A suit made of a silk like material that the amoeba creates.
(b) A suit of the special metal.
(c) A suit made of kevlar.
(d) A suit of the polymer.
7. Where is the man?
(a) Swimming in the pond.
(b) Gathering eggs.
(d) In his tent unconscious.
8. What did Loomis' boss invent?
(a) A new kind of Geiger counter.
(b) A polymer.
(c) A new kind of metal.
(d) An amoeba.
9. For what is Loomis searching?
(b) His wife.
(c) His parents.
(d) His young son and daughter.
10. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
(a) It is too big for the size of garden she is making.
(b) It has flat tires.
(c) She does not know how to get it running.
(d) She needs gas.
11. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
(c) Her radio that is still working.
(d) Her secret diary.
12. Of what does Loomis say Ann's family probably died?
(a) Nerve gas.
(c) Radiation poisoning.
(d) Mob violence.
13. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A water purification filter.
(b) A tent.
(c) A radio transmitter.
(d) A hand-cranked generator.
14. What does Ann decide she should do?
(a) Live in the tent.
(b) Bring Faro in the house.
(c) Cook better meals since there was another person to feed.
(d) Live in the cave.
15. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
(a) A panel of judges for the Noble laureate committee.
(b) The President.
(c) The military.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
2. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
3. About what does Ann worry?
4. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
5. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)