|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Ann really long?
(a) Fresh salad and greens.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Ann decide she will do after cooking breakfast?
(a) Go to the store.
(b) Practice the piano.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Write in her journal.
3. What does Faro point to in the field?
(a) A quail.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A grouse.
(d) A dove.
4. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
(a) Less than a dozen.
(b) Several thousand.
(c) None besides Ann.
(d) Two others besides Ann.
5. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(a) A barn cat.
(b) The young bull.
6. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He was very pale.
(b) He has sores all over his face.
(c) He was very old.
(d) He was heavily tanned.
7. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
(a) To shoot him.
(b) To send Faro down to him.
(c) To answer him.
(d) To get up to the cave.
8. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
(a) Water lilies.
(b) Wild flowers.
(d) Apple blossoms.
9. What does Ann do later in the day without Loomis?
(b) Walk to the store.
(c) Row on the pond.
(d) Visit the church.
10. What had the team just completed before the war?
(a) A suit made of a silk like material that the amoeba creates.
(b) A suit of the special metal.
(c) A suit of the polymer.
(d) A suit made of kevlar.
11. What was John Loomis' occupation?
12. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
(b) Puts them in small wire cages and takes them to the cave.
(c) Chases them out of their fenced in area.
(d) Kills them.
13. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
(a) He captures them and puts them in his cart.
(b) He can hear them.
(c) He kills one of them.
(d) He eats some of her eggs.
14. What does Ann fear about Loomis?
(a) He might be getting delirious again.
(b) He will want to get married.
(c) He will leave.
(d) He will start trying to boss her around.
15. From where is the pond fed?
(a) A well that is not capped.
(b) Burden Creek.
(c) Ann does not know.
(d) An underground spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Ann worry?
2. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
3. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
4. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
5. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)