Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(b) Ann will make him leave.
(c) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(d) He does not say why he is afraid.
2. What does Ann decide she should do?
(a) Cook better meals since there was another person to feed.
(b) Bring Faro in the house.
(c) Live in the cave.
(d) Live in the tent.
3. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
(a) Eventually become harmless.
(b) Keep trespassers away.
(c) Generate electricity.
(d) Pollute the pond.
4. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
(b) It would be too radioactive.
(c) It would run out of gas.
(d) It would be bringing him there faster.
5. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
(a) Several thousand.
(b) Two others besides Ann.
(c) None besides Ann.
(d) Less than a dozen.
6. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Checks for radiation.
(b) Puts a chemical in the water.
(c) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(d) Takes a bath.
7. What does the man do at the pond?
(a) Goes fishing.
(c) Puts a chemical in the water.
(d) Takes a reading with some kind of instrument.
8. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
(c) Horseback until the horse dies.
(d) Car until he ran out of gas.
9. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(d) Fearful but companionable.
10. About what does Ann worry?
(a) The man will leave right away.
(b) She should have warned the man about Burden Creek.
(c) The man will kill one of the cows.
(d) The man will eat all the chickens and there will be none left to reproduce.
11. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
(b) Kneels and kisses the ground.
(c) Take off his mask.
(d) Turn around to leave.
12. How long was the war?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A couple months.
(d) They do not know.
13. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(b) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(c) Someone is coming.
(d) The cows are acting strangely.
14. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
(a) A valley about 40 miles away that has signs of life.
(b) Everything is dead.
(c) Smoke in three different directions.
(d) Lots of animals but no people.
15. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
(a) Sharing a house with a stranger.
(b) Having enough wood.
(c) Having enough food if feeding two.
(d) Surviving winter in a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
2. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
3. What does Ann think should possibly happen on her 17th birthday?
4. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
5. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)