|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After four days, what does Loomis' temperature mean?
(a) He is still in the interim period.
(b) He will get sicker, but will most likely survive.
(c) He is pretty much cured.
(d) He has the worse form of radiation.
2. What does Ann think Faro will do?
(a) Run away again since there is a stranger at the house.
(b) Bite the man.
(c) Lead the man to her location.
(d) Become friends with the man.
3. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A couple carpentry books.
(b) A stack of Mother Earth magazines.
(c) The Farmer's Almanacs from the last twenty-five years.
(d) The Farmer's Mechanic.
4. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(a) A military uniform.
(b) A strange plastic suit.
(d) A business suit.
5. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
(a) Car until he ran out of gas.
(d) Horseback until the horse dies.
6. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A tent.
(b) A water purification filter.
(c) A hand-cranked generator.
(d) A radio transmitter.
7. What does Faro point to in the field?
(a) A quail.
(b) A dove.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A grouse.
8. What does Ann decide to plant?
(a) Cabbage and corn.
(b) Corn and beans.
(c) Corn and wheat.
(d) Wheat and beans.
9. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(b) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(c) Ann will make him leave.
(d) He does not say why he is afraid.
10. What does Ann fear about Loomis?
(a) He will want to get married.
(b) He might be getting delirious again.
(c) He will leave.
(d) He will start trying to boss her around.
11. What was John Loomis' occupation?
12. What does the man do at the pond?
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Takes a reading with some kind of instrument.
(d) Puts a chemical in the water.
13. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
(b) His son.
(d) His wife.
14. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
(a) Apple blossoms.
(b) Wild flowers.
(d) Water lilies.
15. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(a) A barn cat.
(c) The young bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann hope?
2. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
3. Why doesn't Loomis go with Ann?
4. Whom does the man feed?
5. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)