|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(b) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(c) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(d) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
2. What does Ann do the morning after leaving the house during the night?
(a) Gives Loomis an ultimatum.
(b) Takes a gun to confront Loomis.
(c) Writes Loomis a note.
(d) Watches Loomis from afar.
3. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) They heard the news on the radio.
(b) She sees smoke.
(c) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(d) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
4. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(a) Fearful but companionable.
5. What does Ann say she knows regarding Loomis' past?
(a) Loom is stealing the suit.
(b) Loomis is not really a chemist.
(c) Loomis killing Edward.
(d) Loomis killing his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
2. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
4. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
5. Why doesn't Loomis go with Ann?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)