|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loomis' response to Ann's saying she is leaving the valley?
(a) He begs her not to leave him alone.
(b) He gives her instructions on using the machines.
(c) He says he is glad.
(d) He says he will go with her.
2. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(b) In the ankle.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the shoulder.
3. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(b) The radio going dead.
(c) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(d) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
4. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
(b) Wood cutting.
5. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
(b) Her playing the piano.
(c) An owl hooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann treat her bullet wound?
2. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
3. What did Loomis' boss invent?
4. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
5. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)