|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Ann about Loomis' request that she read him poetry?
(a) He knows she hates poetry.
(b) He grabs the book and starts reading it himself.
(c) He had said he hated poetry.
(d) He does not appear to listen to her.
2. After four days, what does Loomis' temperature mean?
(a) He is still in the interim period.
(b) He is pretty much cured.
(c) He has the worse form of radiation.
(d) He will get sicker, but will most likely survive.
3. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
(a) Loomis' brother-in-law.
(b) Loomis' best friend.
(c) A man who invented a special radiation counter.
(d) A man who worked with Edward.
4. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
(b) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(c) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
(d) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
5. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
(a) A generator.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A sewage plant.
(d) A weather balloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
2. What happens in the middle of the night?
3. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
4. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
5. What does Ann say she knows regarding Loomis' past?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)