|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
(a) Crabapple blossoms.
(b) Wild onions.
(c) Pear blossoms.
2. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
(a) He grazes her scalp with a bullet.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the ankle.
(d) In the shoulder.
3. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(b) To learn of his habits.
(c) To see if he discovers anything about her.
(d) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
4. Where is the man?
(a) In his tent unconscious.
(c) Gathering eggs.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
5. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It could be use to generate electricity.
(b) It is good water.
(c) It is poisoned.
(d) It's flow changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the pond fed?
2. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
3. Why does Ann change her approach to the farm?
4. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
5. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)