|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann know how to change the sheets with someone in the bed?
(a) She just does the best she can.
(b) From a class she took.
(c) Her mom, who is a nurse, taught her.
(d) She looked it up in a book at the library.
2. What does Ann hope?
(a) The Creek is no longer radioactive.
(b) The cows will be too skittish to get near the man.
(c) The calf will keep the cow from getting uncomfortable with too much milk.
(d) Faro will not show up.
3. What does Loomis tell Ann he heard while delirious?
(a) Her playing the piano.
(b) An owl hooting.
4. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
(a) How to get gas out of the pumps manually.
(b) How to build a water wheel.
(c) How to build a wind turbine.
(d) How to build a greenhouse.
5. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She wants to surprise them.
(b) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
(c) She does not want to scare the person.
(d) She has no decent clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Loomis' boss invent?
2. Where is Loomis from?
3. Who returns to the valley?
4. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
5. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)