|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(b) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(c) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(d) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
2. About what does Ann worry?
(a) The man will eat all the chickens and there will be none left to reproduce.
(b) The man will leave right away.
(c) The man will kill one of the cows.
(d) She should have warned the man about Burden Creek.
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) Someone is coming.
(b) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(c) The cows are acting strangely.
(d) There was a nuclear holocaust.
4. Where does Ann go in the dark?
(a) To the store for supplies.
(b) Up in her tree house.
(c) To the Klein's house.
(d) To the basement.
5. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He was heavily tanned.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was very old.
(d) He has sores all over his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ann move?
2. From where is the pond fed?
3. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
4. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
5. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)