|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
(c) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
(d) It makes her feel more hopeful.
2. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes to the church to pray.
(b) Asks Loomis.
(c) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(d) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
3. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(b) Writing at the kitchen table.
(c) Passed out on the sofa.
(d) In the yard walking without a cane.
4. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
(a) To get Faro.
(b) To confront the man.
(c) To steal some eggs.
(d) To check on the man.
5. What does Ann discover when she goes to start the tractor?
(a) The tire is flat.
(b) The battery is dead.
(c) The gas tank is empty.
(d) No key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
2. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
3. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
4. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
5. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)