|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Loomis call the table set for dinner by his bedside?
(a) A travesty.
(b) Too much work for Ann to have done.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A holiday.
2. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(b) He is running a high fever.
(c) He broke a bone in his foot.
(d) He broke a finger.
3. What was John Loomis' occupation?
4. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It could be use to generate electricity.
(b) It's flow changed.
(c) It is poisoned.
(d) It is good water.
5. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
(a) Smoke coming from across the valley.
(b) The sounds of a chicken and cow.
(c) The sound of a dog barking.
(d) The sound of a squirrel chattering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
2. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
4. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
5. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)