|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) His respiration is closer to normal.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is talking.
(d) His heartbeat has slowed.
2. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
(c) Cutting firewood.
(d) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
3. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
(b) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(c) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
(d) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
4. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
(b) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(c) To learn of his habits.
(d) To see if he discovers anything about her.
5. What does Ann decide to haul with the tractor?
(a) A large water feeding trough.
(b) Some large blocks of concrete.
(c) A few tree logs.
(d) The wood stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the suit, what does Loomis' group create that enables Loomis to survive a search for survivors?
2. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
3. What was John Loomis' occupation?
4. Whom does the man feed?
5. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)