|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Asks Loomis.
(b) Goes to the church to pray.
(c) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(d) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
2. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
(a) He plants an American flag in the soil by the tree.
(b) He checks the tree and area with a Geiger counter.
(c) He shoots his rifle into the air.
(d) He climbs the tree to reach the fruit.
3. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(a) Fearful but companionable.
4. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(b) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(c) Someone is coming.
(d) The cows are acting strangely.
5. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
(a) How to build a greenhouse.
(b) How to get gas out of the pumps manually.
(c) How to build a water wheel.
(d) How to build a wind turbine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
2. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
3. About what does Mr. Loomis yell at Ann?
4. What does Ann again realize she would not like as a career?
5. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)