|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
(a) Smoke coming from across the valley.
(b) The sound of a squirrel chattering.
(c) The sound of a dog barking.
(d) The sounds of a chicken and cow.
2. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It is poisoned.
(b) It's flow changed.
(c) It could be use to generate electricity.
(d) It is good water.
3. What does Ann do later in the day without Loomis?
(b) Visit the church.
(c) Row on the pond.
(d) Walk to the store.
4. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) It would be too radioactive.
(b) It would run out of gas.
(c) It would be bringing him there faster.
(d) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
5. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
(c) Car until he ran out of gas.
(d) Horseback until the horse dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
2. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
3. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
4. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
5. From where is the pond fed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)