|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
(a) He climbs the tree to reach the fruit.
(b) He shoots his rifle into the air.
(c) He checks the tree and area with a Geiger counter.
(d) He plants an American flag in the soil by the tree.
2. Of what does Loomis say Ann's family probably died?
(a) Radiation poisoning.
(c) Nerve gas.
(d) Mob violence.
3. What does Ann do later in the day without Loomis?
(b) Row on the pond.
(c) Walk to the store.
(d) Visit the church.
4. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) It would be bringing him there faster.
(b) It would run out of gas.
(c) It would be too radioactive.
(d) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
5. What does Ann think should possibly happen on her 17th birthday?
(a) Leaving the valley.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Trying to get pregnant.
(d) Trying to contact others in the midwest which did not get hit so badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann decide she should do?
2. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
3. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
4. From where is the pond fed?
5. Of what is the man afraid?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)