|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
(a) To confront the man.
(b) To steal some eggs.
(c) To check on the man.
(d) To get Faro.
2. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
(b) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Cutting firewood.
3. Whom does the man feed?
(a) The cows.
(b) The bull.
(c) The chickens.
4. What does Ann hope?
(a) The Creek is no longer radioactive.
(b) The calf will keep the cow from getting uncomfortable with too much milk.
(c) The cows will be too skittish to get near the man.
(d) Faro will not show up.
5. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(b) The young bull.
(c) A barn cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
2. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
3. Where does her parents say they are going first in their explorations?
4. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
5. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)