|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the book open?
2. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(a) A barn cat.
(b) The young bull.
3. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A couple carpentry books.
(b) The Farmer's Almanacs from the last twenty-five years.
(c) A stack of Mother Earth magazines.
(d) The Farmer's Mechanic.
4. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(b) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(c) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(d) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
5. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
(b) Her secret diary.
(c) Her radio that is still working.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
2. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
3. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
4. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
5. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)