|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
(a) There are green plants in the sunroom.
(b) Faro isn't barking at the man.
(c) There is fresh food in the cabinets.
(d) No one is there.
2. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
(a) So he could help with the household chores.
(b) To care for him more easily.
(c) She leaves him in his tent.
(d) So he would feel good towards her.
3. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He was heavily tanned.
(b) He has sores all over his face.
(c) He was very old.
(d) He was very pale.
4. From where is the pond fed?
(a) An underground spring.
(b) A well that is not capped.
(c) Ann does not know.
(d) Burden Creek.
5. How long was the war?
(a) A week.
(b) A couple months.
(c) A day.
(d) They do not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
2. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
3. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
4. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
5. What does Ann do later in the day without Loomis?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)