|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(a) Skin lesions.
(c) Sore muscles.
(d) Swollen lymph glands.
2. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It is poisoned.
(b) It could be use to generate electricity.
(c) It is good water.
(d) It's flow changed.
3. What inspires Ann to make a salad?
(a) A dream about her mother.
(b) Loomis talks about his salad garden.
(c) A dream about a rabbit.
(d) Seeing an add in a magazine.
4. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
(b) Cutting firewood.
(c) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
(d) Playing the piano.
5. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A couple carpentry books.
(b) The Farmer's Mechanic.
(c) The Farmer's Almanacs from the last twenty-five years.
(d) A stack of Mother Earth magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
2. What was John Loomis' occupation?
3. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
4. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
5. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)