|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
(b) He is alone in the lab.
(c) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(d) He was on his way to pick up his children.
2. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her radio that is still working.
(b) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
(c) Her secret diary.
(d) Her family.
3. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
(a) The President.
(b) A panel of judges for the Noble laureate committee.
(c) The military.
(d) His children.
4. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(b) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(c) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
5. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
(a) He eats some of her eggs.
(b) He kills one of them.
(c) He can hear them.
(d) He captures them and puts them in his cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the team just completed before the war?
2. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
3. What does Ann use to gather greens?
4. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
5. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)