|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Some turtles.
(b) Large mouth bass.
(c) Lots of algae.
(d) A lack of animal life in the creek.
2. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
(a) A man who worked with Edward.
(b) A man who invented a special radiation counter.
(c) Loomis' best friend.
(d) Loomis' brother-in-law.
3. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
(a) To the neighobor's farm.
(b) No where.
(c) To a far pasture.
(d) To the cave.
4. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
(a) Lots of animals but no people.
(b) Everything is dead.
(c) Smoke in three different directions.
(d) A valley about 40 miles away that has signs of life.
5. What did Loomis' boss invent?
(a) An amoeba.
(b) A new kind of metal.
(c) A polymer.
(d) A new kind of Geiger counter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
2. What does Ann hope?
3. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
4. In what month does the book open?
5. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)