|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
(a) A couple carpentry books.
(b) The Farmer's Almanacs from the last twenty-five years.
(c) The Farmer's Mechanic.
(d) A stack of Mother Earth magazines.
2. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) They heard the news on the radio.
(b) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(c) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
(d) She sees smoke.
3. From where is the pond fed?
(a) Burden Creek.
(b) An underground spring.
(c) A well that is not capped.
(d) Ann does not know.
4. After four days, what does Loomis' temperature mean?
(a) He has the worse form of radiation.
(b) He will get sicker, but will most likely survive.
(c) He is pretty much cured.
(d) He is still in the interim period.
5. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
(a) There is fresh food in the cabinets.
(b) Faro isn't barking at the man.
(c) There are green plants in the sunroom.
(d) No one is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
2. In addition to the suit, what does Loomis' group create that enables Loomis to survive a search for survivors?
3. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
4. What does Loomis' boss' invention do?
5. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)