|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
(a) A man who worked with Edward.
(b) A man who invented a special radiation counter.
(c) Loomis' brother-in-law.
(d) Loomis' best friend.
2. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
3. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) A gun.
(b) An oxygen tank.
(c) A dog biscuit.
(d) Another Geiger counter.
4. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
(a) The President.
(b) A panel of judges for the Noble laureate committee.
(c) The military.
(d) His children.
5. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
(a) How to get gas out of the pumps manually.
(b) How to build a wind turbine.
(c) How to build a greenhouse.
(d) How to build a water wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do at the pond?
2. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
3. In what month does the book open?
4. How does Ann spend much of the next day?
5. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)