|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
(a) He drops to his knees and prays.
(b) He sobs hysterically.
(c) He runs forward waving his arms.
(d) He stands and stares for a few minutes.
2. From where is the pond fed?
(a) An underground spring.
(b) A well that is not capped.
(c) Ann does not know.
(d) Burden Creek.
3. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(c) A barn cat.
(d) The young bull.
4. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(b) The cows are acting strangely.
(c) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(d) Someone is coming.
5. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) Lots of dead bodies.
(b) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
(c) Some areas still have a few people.
(d) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what was Ann correct, much to Loomis' dismay?
2. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
3. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
4. What does Ann decide she should do?
5. What does Ann decide she will do after cooking breakfast?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)