|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
(a) A panel of judges for the Noble laureate committee.
(b) The military.
(c) His children.
(d) The President.
2. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
(b) She sees smoke.
(c) They heard the news on the radio.
(d) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
3. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(b) A business suit.
(c) A strange plastic suit.
(d) A military uniform.
4. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) In the hayloft.
5. Who goes with Ann to gather the greens?
(c) The young bull.
(d) A barn cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
2. Of what is the man afraid?
3. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
4. Whom does the man feed?
5. What had the team just completed before the war?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)