|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
(b) Kneels and kisses the ground.
(c) Take off his mask.
(d) Turn around to leave.
2. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
(a) Pollute the pond.
(b) Generate electricity.
(c) Keep trespassers away.
(d) Eventually become harmless.
3. What was John Loomis' occupation?
4. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Lots of algae.
(b) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(c) Large mouth bass.
(d) Some turtles.
5. How does Ann spend much of the next day?
(a) Plowing fields with the tractor.
(b) Bringing the cows to the front pasture.
(c) Planting greens.
(d) Gathering the chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
2. What does the man set up in the front yard?
3. For what is Loomis searching?
4. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
5. About what was Ann correct, much to Loomis' dismay?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)