|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
(b) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
(c) Cutting firewood.
(d) Playing the piano.
2. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
(a) He kills one of them.
(b) He can hear them.
(c) He eats some of her eggs.
(d) He captures them and puts them in his cart.
3. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(b) In the hayloft.
(c) The doctor's office.
4. What does Ann decide she will do after cooking breakfast?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Write in her journal.
(d) Practice the piano.
5. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He is alone in the lab.
(b) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(c) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
(d) He was on his way to pick up his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
2. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
3. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
4. Of what does Loomis say Ann's family probably died?
5. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)