|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(b) She sees smoke.
(c) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
(d) They heard the news on the radio.
2. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He has sores all over his face.
(b) He was very old.
(c) He was very pale.
(d) He was heavily tanned.
3. What does Ann use to gather greens?
(a) A rolling suitcase.
(b) The basket her mother always used.
(c) A plastic grocery bag.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
4. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) A gun.
(b) A dog biscuit.
(c) Another Geiger counter.
(d) An oxygen tank.
5. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
(a) Let the rooster have access to the chickens.
(b) Get the cow pregnant again.
(c) Can some of her garden asap.
(d) Get the garden going.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
2. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
3. Of what is the man afraid?
4. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
5. Who returns to the valley?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)