|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Cutting firewood.
(b) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
2. After four days, what does Loomis' temperature mean?
(a) He has the worse form of radiation.
(b) He will get sicker, but will most likely survive.
(c) He is pretty much cured.
(d) He is still in the interim period.
3. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He was on his way to pick up his children.
(b) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(c) He is alone in the lab.
(d) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
4. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) An oxygen tank.
(b) A dog biscuit.
(c) A gun.
(d) Another Geiger counter.
5. How long was the war?
(a) A day.
(b) A couple months.
(c) They do not know.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
2. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
3. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
4. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
5. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)