|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Loomis from?
(c) North Platte.
2. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) They never return.
(b) Several days.
(c) A month.
(d) Just a few hours.
3. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She wants to surprise them.
(b) She does not want to scare the person.
(c) She has no decent clothes.
(d) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
4. Where is the man?
(a) Gathering eggs.
(c) In his tent unconscious.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
5. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
(a) She will hide all the guns in the cave.
(b) She will rig up an alram system.
(c) She will hide from whoever is coming towards the valley.
(d) She won't swim alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
2. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
3. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
4. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
5. Who returns to the valley?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)