|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think should possibly happen on her 17th birthday?
(a) Trying to contact others in the midwest which did not get hit so badly.
(b) Leaving the valley.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Trying to get pregnant.
2. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
(a) To care for him more easily.
(b) She leaves him in his tent.
(c) So he would feel good towards her.
(d) So he could help with the household chores.
3. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) A gun.
(b) Another Geiger counter.
(c) An oxygen tank.
(d) A dog biscuit.
4. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Lots of algae.
(b) Some turtles.
(c) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(d) Large mouth bass.
5. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
2. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
3. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
4. Who returns to the valley?
5. What does Ann do later in the day without Loomis?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)