|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
(a) To steal some eggs.
(b) To check on the man.
(c) To confront the man.
(d) To get Faro.
2. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
(a) The piano.
(b) Her trumpet.
(c) The guitar.
(d) Her clarinet.
3. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(b) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(c) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
4. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
(a) 32 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) Over 50 miles away.
(d) 2 miles.
5. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(b) Ann will make him leave.
(c) He does not say why he is afraid.
(d) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
2. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
3. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
4. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
5. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)