|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(b) The radio going dead.
(c) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(d) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
2. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
(a) To send Faro down to him.
(b) To answer him.
(c) To shoot him.
(d) To get up to the cave.
3. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(a) A military uniform.
(b) A business suit.
(c) A strange plastic suit.
4. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Some turtles.
(b) Lots of algae.
(c) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(d) Large mouth bass.
5. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) The cows are acting strangely.
(b) Someone is coming.
(c) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(d) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
2. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
3. Where is Loomis from?
4. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
5. What does Ann decide she should do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)