|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
(a) A valley about 40 miles away that has signs of life.
(b) Everything is dead.
(c) Smoke in three different directions.
(d) Lots of animals but no people.
2. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To learn of his habits.
(b) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
(c) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(d) To see if he discovers anything about her.
3. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
4. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(b) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(c) He does not say why he is afraid.
(d) Ann will make him leave.
5. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
(b) He is alone in the lab.
(c) He was on his way to pick up his children.
(d) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
2. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
3. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
4. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
5. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)