|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
(a) To the cave.
(b) To a far pasture.
(c) To the neighobor's farm.
(d) No where.
2. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It could be use to generate electricity.
(b) It's flow changed.
(c) It is good water.
(d) It is poisoned.
3. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(b) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(c) The radio going dead.
(d) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
4. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
(a) To get Faro.
(b) To confront the man.
(c) To check on the man.
(d) To steal some eggs.
5. Where is the man?
(a) Swimming in the pond.
(b) In his tent unconscious.
(d) Gathering eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
2. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
3. How long was the war?
4. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
5. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)