|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(b) Fearful but companionable.
2. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
(a) There is fresh food in the cabinets.
(b) Faro isn't barking at the man.
(c) No one is there.
(d) There are green plants in the sunroom.
3. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(b) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(c) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(d) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
4. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) They never return.
(b) Just a few hours.
(c) Several days.
(d) A month.
5. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He was heavily tanned.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was very old.
(d) He has sores all over his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
2. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
3. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
4. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
5. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)