|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
(a) Everything is dead.
(b) A valley about 40 miles away that has signs of life.
(c) Smoke in three different directions.
(d) Lots of animals but no people.
2. How long was the war?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) They do not know.
(d) A couple months.
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(b) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(c) The cows are acting strangely.
(d) Someone is coming.
4. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(b) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(c) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(d) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
5. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A hand-cranked generator.
(b) A tent.
(c) A water purification filter.
(d) A radio transmitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the pond fed?
2. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
3. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
4. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
5. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)