|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Puts a chemical in the water.
(b) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(c) Checks for radiation.
(d) Takes a bath.
2. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
(a) He can hear them.
(b) He captures them and puts them in his cart.
(c) He eats some of her eggs.
(d) He kills one of them.
3. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
(a) A military uniform.
(b) A strange plastic suit.
(c) A business suit.
4. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) They never return.
(b) Several days.
(c) Just a few hours.
(d) A month.
5. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) It would be too radioactive.
(b) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
(c) It would run out of gas.
(d) It would be bringing him there faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
2. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
3. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
4. What does the man do at the pond?
5. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)