|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) Ann will make him leave.
(b) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(c) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(d) He does not say why he is afraid.
2. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(b) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
(c) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(d) The radio going dead.
3. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) A month.
(b) They never return.
(c) Just a few hours.
(d) Several days.
4. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It is good water.
(b) It's flow changed.
(c) It could be use to generate electricity.
(d) It is poisoned.
5. About what does Ann worry?
(a) The man will kill one of the cows.
(b) She should have warned the man about Burden Creek.
(c) The man will eat all the chickens and there will be none left to reproduce.
(d) The man will leave right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
2. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
3. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
4. Who returns to the valley?
5. Where does her parents say they are going first in their explorations?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)