|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
(b) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(c) To see if he discovers anything about her.
(d) To learn of his habits.
2. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
(b) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
(c) Some areas still have a few people.
(d) Lots of dead bodies.
3. About what does Ann worry?
(a) The man will leave right away.
(b) She should have warned the man about Burden Creek.
(c) The man will eat all the chickens and there will be none left to reproduce.
(d) The man will kill one of the cows.
4. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
(a) The horse.
(b) The cat.
(c) The dog.
(d) The donkey.
5. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
(a) He eats some of her eggs.
(b) He can hear them.
(c) He kills one of them.
(d) He captures them and puts them in his cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the valley?
2. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
3. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
4. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
5. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)