|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
(b) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
(c) Some areas still have a few people.
(d) Lots of dead bodies.
2. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
(a) There are green plants in the sunroom.
(b) Faro isn't barking at the man.
(c) No one is there.
(d) There is fresh food in the cabinets.
3. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(b) Puts a chemical in the water.
(c) Checks for radiation.
(d) Takes a bath.
4. From where is the pond fed?
(a) A well that is not capped.
(b) Burden Creek.
(c) Ann does not know.
(d) An underground spring.
5. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(b) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(c) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
2. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
3. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
4. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
5. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)