|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A hand-cranked generator.
(b) A water purification filter.
(c) A radio transmitter.
(d) A tent.
2. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(b) The doctor's office.
(d) In the hayloft.
3. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) Just a few hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) A month.
(d) They never return.
4. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) Ann will make him leave.
(b) He does not say why he is afraid.
(c) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(d) He will die from radiation poisoning.
5. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(b) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(c) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(d) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
2. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
3. How long was the war?
4. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
5. What does the man do at the pond?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)