|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He has sores all over his face.
(b) He was very old.
(c) He was heavily tanned.
(d) He was very pale.
2. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Puts a chemical in the water.
(b) Checks for radiation.
(c) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(d) Takes a bath.
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) The cows are acting strangely.
(b) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(c) Someone is coming.
(d) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
4. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(c) Fearful but companionable.
5. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Large mouth bass.
(b) Some turtles.
(c) Lots of algae.
(d) A lack of animal life in the creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
2. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
3. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
4. What does the man set up in the front yard?
5. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)