|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He has sores all over his face.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was very old.
(d) He was heavily tanned.
2. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) An oxygen tank.
(b) Another Geiger counter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dog biscuit.
3. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
(a) Having enough food if feeding two.
(b) Sharing a house with a stranger.
(c) Having enough wood.
(d) Surviving winter in a cave.
4. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
(a) To send Faro down to him.
(b) To answer him.
(c) To get up to the cave.
(d) To shoot him.
5. About what does Ann worry?
(a) The man will leave right away.
(b) She should have warned the man about Burden Creek.
(c) The man will kill one of the cows.
(d) The man will eat all the chickens and there will be none left to reproduce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann hope?
2. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
3. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
4. Whom does the man feed?
5. From where is the pond fed?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)