|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do at the pond?
(a) Goes fishing.
(c) Takes a reading with some kind of instrument.
(d) Puts a chemical in the water.
2. From where is the pond fed?
(a) Ann does not know.
(b) An underground spring.
(c) A well that is not capped.
(d) Burden Creek.
3. What does Ann think Faro will do?
(a) Bite the man.
(b) Become friends with the man.
(c) Run away again since there is a stranger at the house.
(d) Lead the man to her location.
4. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He was very pale.
(b) He has sores all over his face.
(c) He was heavily tanned.
(d) He was very old.
5. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(b) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(c) The cows are acting strangely.
(d) Someone is coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann hope?
2. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
3. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
4. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
5. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)