|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the war?
(a) A couple months.
(b) A week.
(c) They do not know.
(d) A day.
2. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(b) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(c) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
3. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He does not say why he is afraid.
(b) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(c) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(d) Ann will make him leave.
4. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
(a) The visitor had built a fire in the yard.
(b) The person seems young.
(c) The cows had returned to the barn.
(d) There might be more than one visitor.
5. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
(a) She won't swim alone.
(b) She will hide all the guns in the cave.
(c) She will rig up an alram system.
(d) She will hide from whoever is coming towards the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does her parents say they are going first in their explorations?
2. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
4. What does the man set up in the front yard?
5. What does Ann hope?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)