|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
(a) The visitor had built a fire in the yard.
(b) The cows had returned to the barn.
(c) There might be more than one visitor.
(d) The person seems young.
2. How long was the war?
(a) They do not know.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) A couple months.
3. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) Ann will make him leave.
(b) He does not say why he is afraid.
(c) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(d) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
4. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She has no decent clothes.
(b) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
(c) She does not want to scare the person.
(d) She wants to surprise them.
5. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(b) To learn of his habits.
(c) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
(d) To see if he discovers anything about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
2. What does the man set up in the front yard?
3. What is the man wearing who arrives in Ann's sight?
4. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
5. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)