|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
(a) It would run out of gas.
(b) She thinks he is probably driving a car.
(c) It would be bringing him there faster.
(d) It would be too radioactive.
2. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
(b) The radio going dead.
(c) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
(d) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
3. What does Ann hope?
(a) The Creek is no longer radioactive.
(b) The cows will be too skittish to get near the man.
(c) Faro will not show up.
(d) The calf will keep the cow from getting uncomfortable with too much milk.
4. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(b) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(c) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
5. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(b) They heard the news on the radio.
(c) She sees smoke.
(d) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
2. Why does Ann go down to the farm yard with her gun?
3. What does the visitor do when he first arrives over a hill and sees the green valley?
4. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
5. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)