|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
(a) The dog.
(b) The horse.
(c) The cat.
(d) The donkey.
2. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
(a) Faro isn't barking at the man.
(b) There is fresh food in the cabinets.
(c) No one is there.
(d) There are green plants in the sunroom.
3. What does the man do at the pond?
(a) Puts a chemical in the water.
(c) Takes a reading with some kind of instrument.
(d) Goes fishing.
4. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
(b) Heavy equipment and/or supplies.
5. From where is the pond fed?
(a) Ann does not know.
(b) A well that is not capped.
(c) Burden Creek.
(d) An underground spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
2. What does the man set up in the front yard?
3. What does Ann hope?
4. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
5. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)