|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) Large mouth bass.
(b) Some turtles.
(c) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(d) Lots of algae.
2. What animal ran off after Ann's family went exploring?
(a) The horse.
(b) The donkey.
(c) The cat.
(d) The dog.
3. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) Over 50 miles away.
(c) 32 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
4. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A hand-cranked generator.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A tent.
(d) A water purification filter.
5. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) An oxygen tank.
(b) A dog biscuit.
(c) Another Geiger counter.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
2. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
3. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
4. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
5. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)