|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
(a) 32 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) Over 50 miles away.
2. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(b) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(c) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
3. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
(a) Just a few hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) A month.
(d) They never return.
4. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(b) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
(c) To learn of his habits.
(d) To see if he discovers anything about her.
5. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
(b) Mrs. Klein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
2. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
3. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
4. What does the man set up in the front yard?
5. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)