|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loomis doing when Ann returns home?
(a) Writing out instructions for a windmill.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Cutting firewood.
(d) Checking the radiation levels of the Creek.
2. What does Loomis show Ann in one of her father's books?
(a) How to build a water wheel.
(b) How to get gas out of the pumps manually.
(c) How to build a greenhouse.
(d) How to build a wind turbine.
3. What did Loomis' boss invent?
(a) An amoeba.
(b) A new kind of Geiger counter.
(c) A new kind of metal.
(d) A polymer.
4. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
(a) He cannot find Ann.
(b) He thinks she is talking about his to someone.
(c) He thinks she is making too much noise.
(d) He has bad dreams.
5. About what was Ann correct, much to Loomis' dismay?
(a) The garden being about as big as she could handle.
(b) The tractor being unrepairable.
(c) The radiation levels in the Creek.
(d) The gas pumps being inoperative.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loomis get supplies while Ann is hiding out before he shot her?
2. What does Ann give Loomis?
3. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
4. Who returns to the valley?
5. What does Ann happily note during her morning chores?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)