|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hasn't Ann written in her journal for quite some time?
(a) She been very ill and afraid.
(b) Nothing much has been going on.
(c) She has been too busy.
(d) She lost her pen.
2. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her radio that is still working.
(b) Her secret diary.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
3. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
(a) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward.
(b) A letter Ann finds from Loomis describing his feelings about Edward's death.
(c) A letter Ann finds addressed to Edward's wife from Loomis.
(d) Patched holes in the radiation suit.
4. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) Someone is coming.
(b) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(c) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(d) The cows are acting strangely.
5. What does Loomis think the Creek water could do?
(a) Eventually become harmless.
(b) Generate electricity.
(c) Pollute the pond.
(d) Keep trespassers away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career was Ann thinking of before the war?
2. How high is Loomis' fever in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
4. What does the man set up in the front yard?
5. What inspires Ann to make a salad?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)