|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
(b) Some areas still have a few people.
(c) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
(d) Lots of dead bodies.
2. What does Ann wonder about as far as her conflict with Loomis?
(a) If he would leave the valley.
(b) If he would start sleeping in his tent again.
(c) If he would be open to a compromise.
(d) If he might kill her.
3. Why does Ann decide to kill one of the older hens?
(a) To show Loomis how to kill and pluck one.
(b) To celebrate her birthday.
(c) Because it is no longer producing.
(d) Some new chicks have been born.
4. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
(a) Mr. Loomis coming out to the field to instruct her.
(b) Faro growling.
(d) Mr. Loomis watching her.
5. What is something Ann worries about concerning the winter?
(b) Nothing; she figures she'll be back in the house by then.
(c) Getting in the winter crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ann go in the dark?
2. What does Ann feed Loomis that he is able to swallow?
3. What does Ann notice on her way down to the farm on the new route?
4. What does Ann think should possibly happen on her 17th birthday?
5. Where does Loomis search for Ann?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)