|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
(a) There was a nuclear holocaust.
(b) Someone is coming.
(c) Ann and her family are alone in the valley.
(d) The cows are acting strangely.
2. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
(a) Skin lesions.
(b) Swollen lymph glands.
(c) Sore muscles.
3. What does Ann make that turns out perfect?
(a) A birthday cake.
(b) A quilt.
(c) Fudge on her new oven.
(d) A roast in her new oven.
4. What seems to puzzle the man after he goes inside Ann's home?
(a) There are green plants in the sunroom.
(b) Faro isn't barking at the man.
(c) There is fresh food in the cabinets.
(d) No one is there.
5. How does Ann know Mr. Loomis is doing better at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) His heartbeat has slowed.
(c) His respiration is closer to normal.
(d) He is talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Loomis designing as he recovers?
2. Where does Loomis shoot Ann?
3. Why is Ann afraid to leave the house?
4. For what does Ann really long?
5. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)