|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann think she needs to go back to the house?
(a) To kick Loomis out of the house.
(b) To untie Faro.
(c) To do the farm chores.
(d) To collect her diary and other things.
2. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
(b) He was on his way to pick up his children.
(c) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(d) He is alone in the lab.
3. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a bone in his foot.
(b) He is running a high fever.
(d) He broke a finger.
4. Where is Mr. Loomis later in the evening?
(a) Writing at the kitchen table.
(b) Passed out on the bathroom floor.
(c) In the yard walking without a cane.
(d) Passed out on the sofa.
5. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He has sores all over his face.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was very old.
(d) He was heavily tanned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
2. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
3. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
4. What career was Ann thinking of before the war?
5. Who returns to the valley?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)