|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
(a) He falls out of his chair.
(b) He bangs his cane on the floor.
(c) He throws a glass at her when she hits a wrong note.
(d) He comes and bangs on the piano with his fist.
2. What is Loomis doing with his gun when Ann returns?
(a) Smashing articles in the house with it.
(b) Shooting it at the top of the house.
(c) Trying to stick the barrel end in his mouth.
(d) Cleaning it.
3. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
(b) Checks for radiation.
(c) Puts a chemical in the water.
(d) Takes a bath.
4. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
(b) In the hayloft.
(d) The doctor's office.
5. What set of reading material does Ann give Loomis?
(a) The Farmer's Mechanic.
(b) A stack of Mother Earth magazines.
(c) A couple carpentry books.
(d) The Farmer's Almanacs from the last twenty-five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann do since Loomis seems better?
2. From where is the pond fed?
3. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
4. What does Ann see when she goes and looks out of the boundaries of her valley?
5. What is Loomis' main health problem at this time?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)