|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(d) Fearful but companionable.
2. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
(a) He comes and bangs on the piano with his fist.
(b) He bangs his cane on the floor.
(c) He throws a glass at her when she hits a wrong note.
(d) He falls out of his chair.
3. What did the man lay on top of his cart?
(a) A gun.
(b) An oxygen tank.
(c) Another Geiger counter.
(d) A dog biscuit.
4. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Goes to the church to pray.
(b) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
(c) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(d) Asks Loomis.
5. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Loomis tries to pin Ann to the bed.
(b) Ann has a nightmare that wakes Loomis.
(c) Loomis chokes and almost dies.
(d) Ann hears a crash in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann use to gather greens?
2. What does the man do at the pond?
3. What is Mr. Loomis able to do on the fourth day after he is conscious?
4. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
5. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)