|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her father appoints her as the historian.
(b) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(c) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(d) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
2. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
(a) It is too big for the size of garden she is making.
(b) She needs gas.
(c) She does not know how to get it running.
(d) It has flat tires.
3. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
(b) Heavy equipment and/or supplies.
4. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To learn of his habits.
(b) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(c) To see if he discovers anything about her.
(d) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
5. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
(c) Horseback until the horse dies.
(d) Car until he ran out of gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
2. In what month does the book open?
3. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
4. What does Ann do to the chickens before hiding out?
5. Where does her parents say they are going first in their explorations?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)