|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) They heard the news on the radio.
(b) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
(c) She sees smoke.
(d) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
2. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) He does not say why he is afraid.
(b) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(c) Ann will make him leave.
(d) He will die from radiation poisoning.
3. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
(a) To decide whether to kill him or not.
(b) To learn of his habits.
(c) To figure out a way to incapacitate him.
(d) To see if he discovers anything about her.
4. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
(a) Having enough wood.
(b) Having enough food if feeding two.
(c) Surviving winter in a cave.
(d) Sharing a house with a stranger.
5. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
(a) His wife.
(c) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Ann worry?
2. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
3. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
4. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
5. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)