|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
(b) Turn around to leave.
(c) Take off his mask.
(d) Kneels and kisses the ground.
2. What does the man set up in the front yard?
(a) A hand-cranked generator.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A water purification filter.
(d) A tent.
3. How many people has Loomis met on his journey?
(a) Less than a dozen.
(b) Two others besides Ann.
(c) Several thousand.
(d) None besides Ann.
4. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
(b) They heard the news on the radio.
(c) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(d) She sees smoke.
5. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
(a) Having enough food if feeding two.
(b) Sharing a house with a stranger.
(c) Surviving winter in a cave.
(d) Having enough wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
2. About how far is Claypole Ridge?
3. Of what is the man afraid?
4. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
5. What does Ann think the visitor is bringing?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)