|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann take the cows and young bull?
(a) To a far pasture.
(b) To the cave.
(c) No where.
(d) To the neighobor's farm.
2. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(b) He is alone in the lab.
(c) He was on his way to pick up his children.
(d) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
3. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
(a) She does not know how to get it running.
(b) It has flat tires.
(c) She needs gas.
(d) It is too big for the size of garden she is making.
4. What does Ann think about in a flashback to right after the war?
(a) The radio going dead.
(b) Her family deciding to go out and check things again.
(c) See a terrible flash of light and hearing the ground shake.
(d) Her father feeling ill and then dying.
5. How does Ann feel about the man being there as she gets ready to sleep that night?
(d) Fearful but companionable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann play for Mr. Loomis?
2. What does Ann worry about if the stranger is still here in winter?
3. From where is the pond fed?
4. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
5. What does Ann decide she should do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)