|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann observe as she sits in her cave at night?
(a) The person seems young.
(b) There might be more than one visitor.
(c) The cows had returned to the barn.
(d) The visitor had built a fire in the yard.
2. Why does Ann decide to hide from a visitor?
(a) She wants to surprise them.
(b) She does not want to scare the person.
(c) She has no decent clothes.
(d) She decides there are worse things than being alone.
3. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He was heavily tanned.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was very old.
(d) He has sores all over his face.
4. Who returns to the valley?
(a) No one.
(d) The Kleins.
5. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
(b) Turn around to leave.
(c) Take off his mask.
(d) Kneels and kisses the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
2. What does Loomis' boss' invention do?
3. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
4. What is Ann's first impulse when the man yells for anyone?
5. How long are Ann's parents and brother gone when they go out?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)