|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man?
(b) Swimming in the pond.
(c) In his tent unconscious.
(d) Gathering eggs.
2. How does Ann know what she states in the opening sentence?
(a) They heard the news on the radio.
(b) The dog herds the cows home who kick at Ann.
(c) She sees smoke.
(d) Someone has been shooting a rifle.
3. What does the man do after using the Geiger counter?
(a) Kneels and kisses the ground.
(b) Turn around to leave.
(c) Clasps his hands and looks up and prays.
(d) Take off his mask.
4. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
(a) Can some of her garden asap.
(b) Get the garden going.
(c) Get the cow pregnant again.
(d) Let the rooster have access to the chickens.
5. What does the man notice in Burden Creek?
(a) A lack of animal life in the creek.
(b) Large mouth bass.
(c) Lots of algae.
(d) Some turtles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
2. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
3. What doesn't Ann think the man is in a car?
4. In addition to the suit, what does Loomis' group create that enables Loomis to survive a search for survivors?
5. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)