|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do at the pond?
(a) Puts a chemical in the water.
(b) Takes a reading with some kind of instrument.
(d) Goes fishing.
2. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(b) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(c) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
3. What does the man do at Burden Creek?
(a) Checks for radiation.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Puts a chemical in the water.
(d) Takes some soil samples of the creek bed.
4. How does Loomis get there from where he started?
(c) Car until he ran out of gas.
(d) Horseback until the horse dies.
5. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It could be use to generate electricity.
(b) It is good water.
(c) It is poisoned.
(d) It's flow changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
2. How long was the war?
3. Where is Loomis from?
4. About whom does Ann ask Loomis?
5. Of what does Loomis say Ann's family probably died?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)