|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man?
(b) In his tent unconscious.
(c) Gathering eggs.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
2. What does Ann decide to do about safety?
(a) She won't swim alone.
(b) She will hide from whoever is coming towards the valley.
(c) She will hide all the guns in the cave.
(d) She will rig up an alram system.
3. When Ann's father returns from scouting the first time he went out, what does he report finding?
(a) He never returned from his scouting expedition.
(b) Some areas still have a few people.
(c) Lots of dead bodies.
(d) Only a few have died around a 50 mile radius of their place.
4. What intrigues the man as he is making breakfast?
(a) The sounds of a chicken and cow.
(b) Smoke coming from across the valley.
(c) The sound of a dog barking.
(d) The sound of a squirrel chattering.
5. How long was the war?
(a) A week.
(b) A couple months.
(c) They do not know.
(d) A day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Ann been on the morning of the opening of the book?
2. With what information does the book open in the first sentence?
3. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
4. Of what is the man afraid?
5. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)