|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(b) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(c) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
2. Why is Loomis angry when he wakes?
(a) He thinks she is making too much noise.
(b) He thinks she is talking about his to someone.
(c) He cannot find Ann.
(d) He has bad dreams.
3. What does Ann smell as she is gathering greens?
(a) Wild onions.
(c) Crabapple blossoms.
(d) Pear blossoms.
4. About what does Ann tell Loomis?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her radio that is still working.
(c) Her cellar with lots of canned goods.
(d) Her secret diary.
5. What was the most noticeable thing about the man after he walks back to his cart?
(a) He has sores all over his face.
(b) He was very pale.
(c) He was heavily tanned.
(d) He was very old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
2. Why does Ann decide to keep the man in sight for the first two or more?
3. Who was supposed to stay with Ann when her parents went exploring?
4. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
5. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)