|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the war?
(a) A couple months.
(b) They do not know.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
2. Why does Ann begin recording the events of her day?
(a) Her mother asks her to do so just before her mother dies.
(b) Her teacher at school suggests it is a good thing to do.
(c) She cannot remember the details otherwise.
(d) Her father appoints her as the historian.
3. Where does Ann go the next morning after Loomis was delirious?
(a) Back to church.
(b) To the store.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To the garden to keep busy and not worry.
4. How does Ann spend much of the next day?
(a) Gathering the chickens.
(b) Plowing fields with the tractor.
(c) Planting greens.
(d) Bringing the cows to the front pasture.
5. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
(a) Get the garden going.
(b) Can some of her garden asap.
(c) Let the rooster have access to the chickens.
(d) Get the cow pregnant again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
2. Where is the man?
3. What is another thing the visitor does soon after examining the green leaves of a tree?
4. What bothers Ann about the man and her chickens?
5. What would Ann like to have in a church if she ever got married?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)