|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ann play the piano that evening?
(a) She does not want to lose the skill she has.
(b) She is bored.
(c) It makes her feel more hopeful.
(d) In the hopes it will soothe Mr. Loomis.
2. What does Ann think about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Edward tried to kill Loomis.
(b) Loomis and Edward fought over a woman.
(c) Something bad happened between them.
(d) Loomis was emotionally devastated by Edward's death by radiation.
3. What did Ann and her brother realize about Burden Creek?
(a) It could be use to generate electricity.
(b) It is good water.
(c) It's flow changed.
(d) It is poisoned.
4. Since it is June, what is urgent that Ann do?
(a) Let the rooster have access to the chickens.
(b) Get the cow pregnant again.
(c) Get the garden going.
(d) Can some of her garden asap.
5. Of what is the man afraid?
(a) They will not be able to live through the winter on short provisions.
(b) He will die from radiation poisoning.
(c) He does not say why he is afraid.
(d) Ann will make him leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supports Ann's theory about Loomis and Edward?
2. For what does Ann really long?
3. Where is Loomis from?
4. For what is Loomis searching?
5. What was John Loomis' occupation?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)