|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Ann when she is playing the piano for him?
(a) He comes and bangs on the piano with his fist.
(b) He falls out of his chair.
(c) He bangs his cane on the floor.
(d) He throws a glass at her when she hits a wrong note.
2. Why does Ann have Loomis move into the house?
(a) She leaves him in his tent.
(b) To care for him more easily.
(c) So he would feel good towards her.
(d) So he could help with the household chores.
3. Of what does Loomis say Ann's family probably died?
(a) Mob violence.
(c) Radiation poisoning.
(d) Nerve gas.
4. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
(b) He broke a bone in his foot.
(c) He broke a finger.
(d) He is running a high fever.
5. What does Ann do in response to her belief about Loomis and Edward?
(a) Asks Loomis.
(b) Goes to the church to pray.
(c) Adopts a wait and see attitude.
(d) Goes through the rest of Loomis' belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ann nervous as she is working in the corn field?
2. Where does Ann move?
3. What does Loomis demand about dinner?
4. Who is Dr. Kylmer?
5. What does Loomis do in order to find Ann?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)