|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis say about the night the bombs fall?
(a) He is alone in the lab.
(b) He and his wife were talking on the phone when it goes dead.
(c) He was on his way to pick up his children.
(d) He and seven others were in the lab when the bombs fell.
2. What does Ann fear about Loomis?
(a) He will want to get married.
(b) He might be getting delirious again.
(c) He will leave.
(d) He will start trying to boss her around.
3. What happens when Ann asks him about the person in question 63?
(a) He drops his glass of water.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He says he does not want to talk about it.
(d) He starts sobbing.
4. What does Ann do for Mr. Loomis?
(a) Puts him in bed.
(b) Shaves him.
(c) Gives him antibiotics.
(d) Puts him in a cool tub of water.
5. Who was to come to the lab where Loomis worked?
(a) His children.
(b) The President.
(c) A panel of judges for the Noble laureate committee.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the team just completed before the war?
2. Why doesn't Ann use the tractor?
3. Where is Loomis from?
4. What was John Loomis' occupation?
5. What is wrong with Loomis at the opening of Chapter 10?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)