|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
2. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
3. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
4. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
5. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Great mystery surrounds Bill's signing over of his father's checks to the young man from Atlanta. Why do you think Bill gave his roommate all the money his father sent him? Build a case using specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Bill in THE YOUNG MAN FROM ATLANTA? How is his death connected to the action of the play? How does Lily Dale's relationship with his memory change over the course of the play? How does Will's?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Will Kidder with another tragic character you have encountered in drama or literature (Willy Loman, for example). Compare and contrast the qualities of the these characters. How is Will's tragic fall classic. In what ways is it totally unique?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)