Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
2. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
3. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
4. What bank is Will going to downtown?
5. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
Essay Topic 1
Horton Foote often said that nothing is more important in his work than a sense of place. Write an essay exploring the influence of the setting of THE YOUNG MAN FROM ATLANTA. How is Houston influential? What about the Kidder's house? What about Sunshine produce?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Bill in THE YOUNG MAN FROM ATLANTA? How is his death connected to the action of the play? How does Lily Dale's relationship with his memory change over the course of the play? How does Will's?
Essay Topic 3
Will learns in the first scene that Ted is replacing him at the company with Tom Jackson, Will's friend and confidant. In what way does Tom represent the changing times in 1950s Houston? How is Tom's promotion sweet for Will? How is it bitter?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)