|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
2. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
3. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
4. What bank is Will going to downtown?
5. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Will Kidder with another tragic character you have encountered in drama or literature (Willy Loman, for example). Compare and contrast the qualities of the these characters. How is Will's tragic fall classic. In what ways is it totally unique?
Essay Topic 2
"The Lord giveth and He taketh away." Write an essay defending or refuting this as the primary theme of THE YOUNG MAN FROM ATLANTA.
Essay Topic 3
What is Pete's role in the story? How does he function in when we first encounter him? How does his role evolve? In what ways is he provided for and in what ways is he the provider in THE YOUNG MAN FROM ATLANTA?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)