|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what subject does Will say Bill excelled in school?
2. What does Lily Dale say she wishes Bill could see?
3. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
4. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
5. What does Will say about Bill's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
2. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
3. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
4. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
5. What does Carson say about the photograph of Bill that Lily Dale and Will have?
6. What does Lily Dale do every time she feels blue from missing her son?
7. How is it that Pete decides to take a trip to Atlanta?
8. How does Will's meeting at the Bank go?
9. Why does will say he thinks the banks of Houston are running disappointment clubs?
10. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lily Dale? What drives her? What makes her sweet and charming one minute and perfectly self-centered the next? How does she contribute to Will's downfall?
Essay Topic 2
Will begins the play as a wealthy and professionally successful man. He ends the play quite differently. Write an essay illuminating the nature of Will's transformation. How do the external changes in Will's life shape him on the inside?
Essay Topic 3
Will learns in the first scene that Ted is replacing him at the company with Tom Jackson, Will's friend and confidant. In what way does Tom represent the changing times in 1950s Houston? How is Tom's promotion sweet for Will? How is it bitter?
This section contains 1,651 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)