Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will threaten to move the family?
2. When Lily Dale asks Will when her new car is arriving, what does he say?
3. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
4. How old does Will say he was when he went to work for Sunshine?
5. How many children does Susette have?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Will say he discovered his heart condition?
2. What does Alice Temple say to Lily Dale about God?
3. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
4. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
5. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
6. In what way does Will discover that he has been foolish?
7. Who does Will say he is at heart?
8. How does Pete describe his late wife's cooking habits?
9. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
10. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
"The Lord giveth and He taketh away." Write an essay defending or refuting this as the primary theme of THE YOUNG MAN FROM ATLANTA.
Who is Lily Dale? What drives her? What makes her sweet and charming one minute and perfectly self-centered the next? How does she contribute to Will's downfall?
Explore the relationship between Will and Lily Dale Kidder in THE YOUNG MAN FROM ATLANTA. How does their relationship change over the course of the play? What events precipitate this change? How are Will and Lily Dale each different at the end of the play? In what ways are they the same?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)