|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
(b) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
(c) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
(d) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
2. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
(b) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
(c) Carson says the picture looks faded.
(d) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
3. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(b) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
(c) Rose Violet.
4. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
5. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will tells her to get out.
(b) Will says, "welcome home!"
(c) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(d) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
2. Where does Lily Dale tell Will she's been?
3. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
4. Why does Lily Dale say she gave the young man money behind Will's back?
5. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
2. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
3. Why does Lily Dale no longer see Mary Cunningham?
4. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
5. After recounting his meeting at the bank, Will lies down on the sofa and closes his eyes. How is he interrupted?
6. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
7. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
8. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
9. What do Lily Dale and Will argue about in this scene?
10. What does Carson say about the photograph of Bill that Lily Dale and Will have?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)