|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the young man as of Lily Dale's conversation with Clara?
(a) The young man is in the study.
(b) The young man is in Lily Dale's car.
(c) The young man is at the YMCA.
(d) The young man is in the parlor.
2. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
(b) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(c) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(d) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
3. Upon discovering Lily Dale has gone downtown, what does Will guess she is doing?
(a) Getting her hair done.
(b) Getting ice cream.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Giving money to the young man from Atlanta.
4. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
(a) I hope you die.
(b) Take care.
(c) Go screw yourself.
(d) I'll see you soon.
5. What does Lily Dale think of the young man at the end of the play?
(a) Lily Dale thinks he's amusing.
(b) Lily Dale thinks he's just awful.
(c) Lily Dale thinks he's a sweet boy.
(d) Lily Dale thinks he's mysterious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say his meeting at the bank was?
2. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
3. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
4. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
5. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)