|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will Pete stay in Atlanta?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Three or four days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two or three days.
2. Where is the young man as of Lily Dale's conversation with Clara?
(a) The young man is in Lily Dale's car.
(b) The young man is in the parlor.
(c) The young man is at the YMCA.
(d) The young man is in the study.
3. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
4. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
(a) Help him back to his room.
(b) Run to the grocery store.
(c) Lock the door behind him.
(d) Run to the ice cream parlor.
5. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In six months.
(b) In one year.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) In one month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
2. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
3. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
4. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
5. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rest of the Mary Cunningham story?
2. Who delivers a message from the young man from Atlanta?
3. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
4. Why does Will refuse to go outside and speak to the young man from Atlanta?
5. What does the young man from Atlanta say when Lily Dale tells him what Carson said about him?
6. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
7. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
8. How is it that Pete decides to take a trip to Atlanta?
9. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
10. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)