|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will going to the bank?
(a) To apply for a job.
(b) To rob the joint.
(c) To talk about getting a loan for a new business.
(d) To withdraw all of his money.
2. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
(b) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
(c) Carson says the picture looks faded.
(d) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
3. What does the young man say to Lily Dale about the day Bill went down in the water?
(a) The young man says it was suicide.
(b) The young man says it was certainly accidental.
(c) The young man says Bill is really alive.
(d) The young man wishes he could have gone down in the water too.
4. How does the young man respond to being told to go?
(a) He leaves quietly.
(b) He threatens Lily Dale.
(c) He threatens to expose Bill for what he really was.
(d) He cries.
5. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
(b) Cancelled checks.
(d) $100,000 cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon discovering Lily Dale has gone downtown, what does Will guess she is doing?
2. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
3. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
4. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
5. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
2. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
3. How does the young man from Atlanta get Lily Dale to talk to him?
4. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
5. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
6. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
7. How does Will's meeting at the Bank go?
8. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
9. What is Will's manner with Etta Doris?
10. After recounting his meeting at the bank, Will lies down on the sofa and closes his eyes. How is he interrupted?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)