|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
(a) Will says Pete is a good for nothing.
(b) Will strikes Lily Dale.
(c) Will says he has nothing to live for and storms out.
(d) Will says he'll bluff his way through the bank meeting.
2. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
(a) Lock the door behind him.
(b) Run to the grocery store.
(c) Help him back to his room.
(d) Run to the ice cream parlor.
3. How does the young man respond to being told to go?
(a) He cries.
(b) He leaves quietly.
(c) He threatens Lily Dale.
(d) He threatens to expose Bill for what he really was.
4. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
(a) When Will went to New York to visit his cousin.
(b) When Will went to Atlanta with Pete.
(c) When Will went to Chicago on a business trip.
(d) When Will was sick ten years ago.
5. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
(a) Will says he feels distraught that he's been so ugly too her.
(b) Will says he's been mean as hell to her and he's sorry.
(c) Will says, "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."
(d) Will says Lily Dale deserves everything she gets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete now in favor of despite a lifetime of opposition to it?
2. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
3. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
4. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
5. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who delivers a message from the young man from Atlanta?
2. How does Clara help Lily Dale remember Etta Doris?
3. After recounting his meeting at the bank, Will lies down on the sofa and closes his eyes. How is he interrupted?
4. Will runs into Ted Cleveland, Jr. at the bank. What do he and Will discuss?
5. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
6. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
7. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
8. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
9. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
10. How does Will's meeting at the Bank go?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)