|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are being burned.
(b) The buildings are being restored.
(c) The buildings are being torn down.
(d) The buildings are falling apart.
2. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
(a) Lily Dale says the young man is no more a liar than Will.
(b) Lily Dale says that may be but she needed comforting.
(c) Lily Dale says she knows now and is sorry.
(d) Lily Dale says Will is wrong.
3. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
(b) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
(c) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
(d) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
4. Where does Lily Dale tell Will she's been?
(a) Visiting with Ted.
(b) Speaking to the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Getting her hair done.
(d) Window shopping downtown.
5. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
2. Who does Lily Dale say she has been seeing again?
3. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
4. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
5. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
2. How does Pete convince Lily Dale that it is okay for Will to go to the bank?
3. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
4. What is Will's manner with Etta Doris?
5. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
6. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
7. How does Will's meeting at the Bank go?
8. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
9. What confession does Will make to Lily Dale after he tells her about the courtesy call at the bank?
10. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)