|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
(a) Will says he has nothing to live for and storms out.
(b) Will strikes Lily Dale.
(c) Will says Pete is a good for nothing.
(d) Will says he'll bluff his way through the bank meeting.
2. Upon discovering Lily Dale has gone downtown, what does Will guess she is doing?
(a) Getting ice cream.
(b) Getting her hair done.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Giving money to the young man from Atlanta.
3. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
(a) The man says now is a good time to start a new business.
(b) The man says Will has been a poor customer and is therefore unworthy of a loan.
(c) The man says now is not a good time to start a new business.
(d) The man says he has never heard of any proposal so foolish.
4. Why does Carson say Bill was well named?
(a) Because Bill had little sense of humor.
(b) Because Bill was a straight-shooter.
(c) Because Bill was a great kidder.
(d) Because Bill was very plain.
5. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
(b) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
(c) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
(d) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
2. What does Pete promise to do when he gets to Atlanta?
3. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
4. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
5. What does the doctor say about Will's trip to the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
2. What does Will call Tom about?
3. After recounting his meeting at the bank, Will lies down on the sofa and closes his eyes. How is he interrupted?
4. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
5. What confession does Will make to Lily Dale after he tells her about the courtesy call at the bank?
6. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
7. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
8. What is the rest of the Mary Cunningham story?
9. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
10. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)