|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily Dale say she deceived Will?
(a) She and her cousin went to a brothel.
(b) She and her cousin went on a spending spree in Dallas.
(c) She and her cousin Mary had two men over to the house.
(d) She and her cousin robbed a bank.
2. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are being torn down.
(b) The buildings are being burned.
(c) The buildings are falling apart.
(d) The buildings are being restored.
3. Who is standing in the drive when Lily Dale pulls her car out?
(a) The young man from Atlanta.
4. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
(a) Will says the doctor is probably right and changes his mind.
(b) Will says he will get a new doctor.
(c) Will says nothing.
(d) Will says to hell with the doctor.
5. What does Will tell Ted about accepting a job at Sunshine with less responsibility?
(a) Will ignores Ted entirely.
(b) Will says he may come in to the office and discuss it when he's feeling stronger.
(c) Will tells Ted to take his proposal and stuff it.
(d) Will weepingly accepts Ted's offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
2. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
3. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
4. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
5. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clara help Lily Dale remember Etta Doris?
2. How does Pete describe his late wife's cooking habits?
3. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
4. What does Will call Tom about?
5. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
6. Why does Lily Dale no longer see Mary Cunningham?
7. How is it that Pete decides to take a trip to Atlanta?
8. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
9. How does Will's meeting at the Bank go?
10. Why does Will refuse to go outside and speak to the young man from Atlanta?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)