|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
(b) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(c) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(d) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
2. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
(b) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(c) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
(d) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
3. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man?
(a) That he'll pay him $100,000 to leave.
(b) To go away and leave them alone.
(c) That he'll pay him $10,000 to leave.
(d) That he'll pay him $5,000 to leave.
4. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
(a) Go screw yourself.
(b) I'll see you soon.
(c) Take care.
(d) I hope you die.
5. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
(a) She would drive Pete to work.
(b) She would make Pete's bed.
(c) She would fix Pete breakfast.
(d) She would dance for Pete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
2. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
3. How long will Pete stay in Atlanta?
4. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
5. How does Lily Dale say she deceived Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
2. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
3. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
4. Why does Lily Dale no longer see Mary Cunningham?
5. What does Will call Tom about?
6. Will runs into Ted Cleveland, Jr. at the bank. What do he and Will discuss?
7. What do Lily Dale and Will argue about in this scene?
8. What confession does Will make to Lily Dale after he tells her about the courtesy call at the bank?
9. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
10. How does the young man from Atlanta get Lily Dale to talk to him?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)