|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In six months.
(b) In one year.
(c) In one month.
(d) In six weeks.
2. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
(a) Lily Dale asks Will to take her to Atlanta.
(b) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new house.
(c) Lily Dale asks that Will go speak to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new car.
3. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
(a) Will says he will only throw the food up.
(b) Will says his stomach hurts.
(c) Will says he's starving.
(d) Will says he'll eat later.
4. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
5. What does Pete tell Will about the money?
(a) Pete says he has already committed ten thousand of his savings, but Will is welcome to the rest.
(b) Pete says Will can have all of the money.
(c) Pete says Lily Dale gave his savings to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Pete says all of the money has been spent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
2. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
3. What does the young man from Atlanta say about Carson's allegations?
4. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
5. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pete convince Lily Dale that it is okay for Will to go to the bank?
2. What does Will call Tom about?
3. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
4. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
5. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
6. What does the young man from Atlanta say when Lily Dale tells him what Carson said about him?
7. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
8. What confession does Will make to Lily Dale after he tells her about the courtesy call at the bank?
9. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
10. What is Will's manner with Etta Doris?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)