|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
(b) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
(c) Carson says the picture looks faded.
(d) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
2. Where is the young man as of Lily Dale's conversation with Clara?
(a) The young man is in the parlor.
(b) The young man is in Lily Dale's car.
(c) The young man is at the YMCA.
(d) The young man is in the study.
3. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
(a) Kind of happy.
(b) Kind of sad.
(c) Kind of excited.
(d) Kind of weak.
4. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
(a) Lily Dale asks Pete if he loves her.
(b) Lily Dale asks if she should call Will's doctor.
(c) Lily Dale asks if she can have some money for the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale asks if she can go to Atlanta with Pete.
5. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) Three years.
(b) Almost three years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will call?
2. How does the young man respond to being told to go?
3. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
4. Where does Lily Dale say she and Will lived when Etta Doris worked for them?
5. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about Will going to the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
2. What is Will's manner with Etta Doris?
3. How does Pete convince Lily Dale that it is okay for Will to go to the bank?
4. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
5. Why does Will refuse to go outside and speak to the young man from Atlanta?
6. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
7. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
8. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
9. How does the young man from Atlanta get Lily Dale to talk to him?
10. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)