|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will Pete stay in Atlanta?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two or three days.
(d) Three or four days.
2. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are being restored.
(b) The buildings are being torn down.
(c) The buildings are falling apart.
(d) The buildings are being burned.
3. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
(b) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
(c) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(d) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
4. What does Will say his meeting at the bank was?
(a) A courtesy call.
(b) A huge success.
(c) An elaborate ruse.
(d) An abysmal failure.
5. What does the young man say to Lily Dale about the day Bill went down in the water?
(a) The young man says it was suicide.
(b) The young man says Bill is really alive.
(c) The young man says it was certainly accidental.
(d) The young man wishes he could have gone down in the water too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Will going to the bank?
2. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
3. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
4. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
5. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
2. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
3. What does the young man from Atlanta say when Lily Dale tells him what Carson said about him?
4. What does Carson say about the photograph of Bill that Lily Dale and Will have?
5. How does the young man from Atlanta get Lily Dale to talk to him?
6. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
7. What confession does Will make to Lily Dale after he tells her about the courtesy call at the bank?
8. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
9. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
10. What does Will call Tom about?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)