|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(c) Rose Violet.
(d) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
2. What does Will say after he tells Lily Dale the meeting at the bank was just a courtesy thing?
(a) Will says he's back in the game.
(b) Will says he's lost his spirit.
(c) Will says he feels younger than ever.
(d) Will says he feels like dying.
3. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
(a) She would drive Pete to work.
(b) She would make Pete's bed.
(c) She would fix Pete breakfast.
(d) She would dance for Pete.
4. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In one month.
(b) In one year.
(c) In six months.
(d) In six weeks.
5. Why does the man at the bank say the meeting could not have been conducted over the phone?
(a) The phone seemed too "unpersonal."
(b) The man at the bank never uses phones.
(c) The phone seemed too "intimate."
(d) The phone seemed too "modern."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will describe the age of the man at the bank?
2. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
3. Where does Lily Dale say she and Will lived when Etta Doris worked for them?
4. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
5. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)