|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will Pete stay in Atlanta?
(a) Three or four days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two or three days.
2. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In six months.
(b) In one year.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) In one month.
3. Upon discovering Lily Dale has gone downtown, what does Will guess she is doing?
(a) Getting her hair done.
(b) Getting ice cream.
(c) Giving money to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Going to church.
4. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
(a) I'll see you soon.
(b) Go screw yourself.
(c) I hope you die.
(d) Take care.
5. What is Pete now in favor of despite a lifetime of opposition to it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
2. Why does Will call Tom?
3. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
4. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
5. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
2. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
3. How does Will's meeting at the Bank go?
4. How does Clara help Lily Dale remember Etta Doris?
5. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
6. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
7. Why does Lily Dale no longer see Mary Cunningham?
8. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
9. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
10. Will runs into Ted Cleveland, Jr. at the bank. What do he and Will discuss?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)