|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a tennis player.
(b) Make him into a swimmer.
(c) Make him into a basketball player.
(d) Make him into a baseball player.
2. Where does Lily Dale say she and Will lived when Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) On Hawthorne.
(b) On Hinkle.
(c) On Brooks.
(d) On Rose.
3. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
(a) Lily Dale says she will clean houses.
(b) Lily Dale says she will become a seamstress in Munn's department store.
(c) Lily Dale says she will start teaching music.
(d) Lily Dale says she will teach school.
4. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In six months.
(b) In six weeks.
(c) In one month.
(d) In one year.
5. What does the doctor say about Will's trip to the bank?
(a) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least two more weeks.
(b) The doctor says it's probably fine for Will to go to the bank.
(c) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least three more weeks.
(d) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least another month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
2. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
3. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
4. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
5. What does Clara's friend tell her about Eleanor Roosevelt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
2. After recounting his meeting at the bank, Will lies down on the sofa and closes his eyes. How is he interrupted?
3. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
4. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
5. What is the rest of the Mary Cunningham story?
6. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
7. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
8. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
9. How does the young man from Atlanta get Lily Dale to talk to him?
10. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)