|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
(a) The real Bill that was involved with the young man from Atlanta.
(b) The Bill who fought for his country.
(c) The Bill who decided to walk into the lake.
(d) The Bill that Will and Lily Dale knew.
2. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
(a) She says she likes the one on Hawthorne better.
(b) She says the couple must be prospering if they are living in such a nice house.
(c) She says the house looks like Eleanor Roosevelt's.
(d) She says the house is too "yellow."
3. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
(a) Lily Dale says she will start teaching music.
(b) Lily Dale says she will clean houses.
(c) Lily Dale says she will teach school.
(d) Lily Dale says she will become a seamstress in Munn's department store.
4. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
(a) His stepson.
(c) His father.
5. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
(a) Lily Dale says that may be but she needed comforting.
(b) Lily Dale says the young man is no more a liar than Will.
(c) Lily Dale says she knows now and is sorry.
(d) Lily Dale says Will is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
2. Etta Doris mistakes Pete for whom?
3. Where does Carson say he saw Bill's roommate the previous day?
4. What does Will ask Pete for?
5. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
2. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
3. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
4. After recounting his meeting at the bank, Will lies down on the sofa and closes his eyes. How is he interrupted?
5. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
6. What holds up Pete and Carson momentarily as they are leaving for Atlanta?
7. What is the rest of the Mary Cunningham story?
8. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
9. What does the young man from Atlanta say when Lily Dale tells him what Carson said about him?
10. What do Lily Dale and Will argue about in this scene?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)