|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
(a) How he was fired firing.
(b) What he was doing in Chicago.
(c) Why he hates the young man from Atlanta.
(d) How Bill spent the money he sent him.
2. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
(a) When Will went to Chicago on a business trip.
(b) When Will went to Atlanta with Pete.
(c) When Will went to New York to visit his cousin.
(d) When Will was sick ten years ago.
3. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
(a) Lily Dale says that may be but she needed comforting.
(b) Lily Dale says the young man is no more a liar than Will.
(c) Lily Dale says she knows now and is sorry.
(d) Lily Dale says Will is wrong.
4. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
(b) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
(c) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(d) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
5. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
(a) The men they picked up were actually women.
(b) The two of them went to a hotel with the men.
(c) The two of them kissed with the men.
(d) The two of them picked the men up while they were driving down Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
2. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
3. Who is standing in the drive when Lily Dale pulls her car out?
4. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
5. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
2. What does Carson say about the photograph of Bill that Lily Dale and Will have?
3. What is the rest of the Mary Cunningham story?
4. Who delivers a message from the young man from Atlanta?
5. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
6. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
7. What does Lily Dale initially confess to doing with Mary Cunningham?
8. What is Will's manner with Etta Doris?
9. How does the young man from Atlanta get Lily Dale to talk to him?
10. What confession does Will make to Lily Dale after he tells her about the courtesy call at the bank?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)