|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily Dale say she deceived Will?
(a) She and her cousin Mary had two men over to the house.
(b) She and her cousin went on a spending spree in Dallas.
(c) She and her cousin robbed a bank.
(d) She and her cousin went to a brothel.
2. Where does Lily Dale tell Will she's been?
(a) Visiting with Ted.
(b) Getting her hair done.
(c) Speaking to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Window shopping downtown.
3. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
(a) Carson's sister.
(b) Carson's mother.
(c) Carson's daughter.
(d) Carson's cousin.
4. How does the young man respond to being told to go?
(a) He cries.
(b) He threatens Lily Dale.
(c) He threatens to expose Bill for what he really was.
(d) He leaves quietly.
5. What does the doctor say about Will's trip to the bank?
(a) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least two more weeks.
(b) The doctor says it's probably fine for Will to go to the bank.
(c) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least another month.
(d) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least three more weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will call Tom?
2. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
3. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
4. What time is Pete leaving for Atlanta?
5. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the young man from Atlanta say when Lily Dale tells him what Carson said about him?
2. Who delivers a message from the young man from Atlanta?
3. How does Pete describe his late wife's cooking habits?
4. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
5. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
6. What does Will call Tom about?
7. What does Carson say about the photograph of Bill that Lily Dale and Will have?
8. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
9. Will runs into Ted Cleveland, Jr. at the bank. What do he and Will discuss?
10. How does Clara help Lily Dale remember Etta Doris?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)