|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
(a) Since he was sixteen.
(b) Since he was twelve.
(c) Since he was fourteen.
(d) Since he was eighteen.
2. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
3. Why does the man at the bank say the meeting could not have been conducted over the phone?
(a) The phone seemed too "intimate."
(b) The phone seemed too "modern."
(c) The man at the bank never uses phones.
(d) The phone seemed too "unpersonal."
4. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
(a) She says the house looks like Eleanor Roosevelt's.
(b) She says the couple must be prospering if they are living in such a nice house.
(c) She says she likes the one on Hawthorne better.
(d) She says the house is too "yellow."
5. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
(a) I hope you die.
(b) I'll see you soon.
(c) Go screw yourself.
(d) Take care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
2. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
3. Why does Lily Dale say she gave the young man money behind Will's back?
4. What does Will say his meeting at the bank was?
5. What bank is Will going to downtown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confession does Will make to Lily Dale after he tells her about the courtesy call at the bank?
2. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
3. Who delivers a message from the young man from Atlanta?
4. After recounting his meeting at the bank, Will lies down on the sofa and closes his eyes. How is he interrupted?
5. What all does Etta Doris say is wrong with her?
6. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
7. What does the young man from Atlanta say when Lily Dale tells him what Carson said about him?
8. What does Will call Tom about?
9. Why does Will refuse to go outside and speak to the young man from Atlanta?
10. How does Clara help Lily Dale remember Etta Doris?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)