|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will call?
2. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
(a) Will says he will only throw the food up.
(b) Will says he'll eat later.
(c) Will says he's starving.
(d) Will says his stomach hurts.
3. What does the young man say to Lily Dale about the day Bill went down in the water?
(a) The young man says it was suicide.
(b) The young man wishes he could have gone down in the water too.
(c) The young man says it was certainly accidental.
(d) The young man says Bill is really alive.
4. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
(a) Kind of sad.
(b) Kind of happy.
(c) Kind of excited.
(d) Kind of weak.
5. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
(b) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
(c) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(d) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
2. How does Will think he failed Bill?
3. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
4. What bank is Will going to downtown?
5. What time is Pete leaving for Atlanta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lily Dale and Will argue about in this scene?
2. What does the young man from Atlanta say when Lily Dale tells him what Carson said about him?
3. Why does Lily Dale no longer see Mary Cunningham?
4. How does Will feel about his conversation with Ted, Jr. once he gets home?
5. What does Will call Tom about?
6. Will runs into Ted Cleveland, Jr. at the bank. What do he and Will discuss?
7. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
8. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
9. What sacrifices do Lily Dale and Will propose in order to get by?
10. How does the young man from Atlanta get Lily Dale to talk to him?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)