|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will's attitude about the New Deal?
(a) Will has never heard of the New Deal.
(b) Will thinks it's bad.
(c) Will has no opinion about the New Deal.
(d) Will thinks it's great.
2. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
(a) Six nights.
(b) Five nights.
(c) Seven nights.
(d) Four nights.
3. How many children does Susette have?
4. What does Will ask Lily Dale for?
(a) Will asks her to start teaching piano again.
(b) Will asks Lily Dale to move to Atlanta for a little while.
(c) Will asks her for the money he's given her for Easter.
(d) Will asks her for the money he's given her for Christmas.
5. When does Will say Bill was his happiest?
(a) When he was drinking.
(b) When he was studying.
(c) When he was playing the piano.
(d) When he was sailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom arrive with?
2. Who does Will say is the only person in whom he can confide?
3. What does Lily Dale say Bill would ask her the minute he got home for Christmas?
4. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that he is so distraught over Bill's death that he can't do what?
5. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her who his replacement is at Sunshine Produce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the scene to send Will into the fury that leads to his heart attack?
2. In what way does Will discover that he has been foolish?
3. Who is the young man from Atlanta?
4. Why is it particularly painful for Will that Tom is replacing him?
5. What does Lily Dale do every time she feels blue from missing her son?
6. What does Alice Temple say to Lily Dale about God?
7. What does Lily Dale learn about Bill's religiousness from the young man from Atlanta?
8. What are the circumstances surrounding the money Lily Dale gives to the young man from Atlanta?
9. Who does Will say he is at heart?
10. What is the difference between Will and his brother?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)