|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say he thinks is the cause of his sour mood?
(a) He had a disgusting dinner.
(b) He hasn't eaten.
(c) He lost his job.
(d) He's tired.
2. Where does Will threaten to move the family?
(a) To Mexico.
(b) To a tourist court.
(c) To the streets of Houston.
(d) To Atlanta.
3. How many children does Susette have?
4. Carson brings along a picture of who?
(a) Pete's sister.
(b) Pete's aunt.
(c) Pete's mother.
(d) Pete's brother.
5. Where does Will say Bill got a job after the war?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Willa Thornton's religious beliefs?
2. Where is Carson staying?
3. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
4. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
5. According to Carson, Bill's roommate was always doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Will and his brother?
2. How are Will and Lily Dale's attitudes toward religion different?
3. How do we know it is odd for Pete to be unable to sleep?
4. What does Will tell Carson about Houston?
5. How does Lily Dale respond to being deceived by the young man from Atlanta?
6. Why does will say he thinks the banks of Houston are running disappointment clubs?
7. How does Will say he started off at Sunshine Produce?
8. What does Will prophesy for Ted, Jr.?
9. How does Will's being fired put Lily Dale in an awkward position?
10. Why is Will short of breath at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)