Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily Dale help the young man from Atlanta?
(a) She loans him money.
(b) She gives him breakfast every morning.
(c) She gives him piano lessons.
(d) She prays for him daily.
2. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about her financial situation?
(a) Pete says Will and Lily Dale are in very bad shape.
(b) Pete says Will and Lily Dale will certainly pull out of it.
(c) Pete says Will is making their troubles out to be worse than they actually are.
(d) Pete says he and Lily Dale's mother had to contend with worse conditions.
3. From what company is Pete retired?
(a) Houston Bank and Trust.
(b) Davenport and Kidder, attorneys at law.
(c) Southern Pacific Railway.
(d) Sunshine Produce.
4. What does Will say about Bill's job?
(a) Will says Bill loved his job.
(b) Will could never figure out what Bill's job was.
(c) Will believes Bill was selling drugs.
(d) Will says Bill made a lot of money at his job.
5. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
(a) His car.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His savings.
(d) His duplex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
2. Why hasn't Lily Dale gone near the piano since Bill died?
3. What is Will going to do now that he's fired?
4. What does Will say he thinks is the cause of his sour mood?
5. What does the young man from Atlanta tell Lily Dale Bill had become before the drowning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new "blow" does Pete deliver to Will?
2. What does Carson say about the photograph of Bill that Lily Dale and Will have?
3. How does Pete convince Lily Dale that it is okay for Will to go to the bank?
4. What is Pete's attitude toward education?
5. Why is Will short of breath at the beginning of the play?
6. Describe Will's display of pride at the end of the scene.
7. How does Will's meeting at the Bank go?
8. What does Will call Tom about?
9. How does Lily Dale describe the Disappointment Clubs?
10. What conversation about Bill do Will and Lily Dale finally have?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)