|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lily Dale how did Allie's husband kill himself?
(a) By drowning.
(b) By poison.
(c) By immolation.
(d) By hanging.
2. What are Will's religious beliefs?
(a) Will doesn't know if he believes in God, but he hates church.
(b) Will believes in God, but can't stand church.
(c) Will doesn't believe in God, but loves church.
(d) Will has mixed feelings about church, but believes in God zealously.
3. Where is Allie from?
(a) Glen Flora.
(c) East Columbia.
4. Nothing fires Will up like what?
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Fine cars.
(d) Hard work.
5. How does Will say he feels about Tom?
(a) Will says he feels like Tom's son.
(b) Will says he feels close to Tom.
(c) Will says he feels very jealous of Tom.
(d) Will says he feels very resentful of Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will say is the only person in whom he can confide?
2. What does Clara ask when Lily Dale says she is a nervous wreck?
3. How does Will say the company weathered the Depression?
4. Where does Will say Bill got a job after the war?
5. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that he is so distraught over Bill's death that he can't do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will prophesy for Ted, Jr.?
2. How are Will and Lily Dale's attitudes toward religion different?
3. How does Lily Dale describe the Disappointment Clubs?
4. How does Will claim to have gotten Ted's dad to vote Republican for the first time?
5. What does Alice Temple say to Lily Dale about God?
6. What does Will say happened to his son?
7. Describe Will's late son.
8. When does Will say he discovered his heart condition?
9. Who does Will say he is at heart?
10. What are the circumstances surrounding the money Lily Dale gives to the young man from Atlanta?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)