|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's Susette's "burden"?
(a) Two of her children are not quite right.
(b) Her husband left her penniless.
(c) One of her children is a pyromaniac.
(d) She has polio.
2. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
(a) Will paid for the house with an inheritance from his father.
(b) Will says he can't take it with him.
(c) Will believes he's about to get very lucky in the market.
(d) Will believes his family deserves the best of everything.
3. What does Will say when Lily Dale tells him the young man from Atlanta's story?
(a) "I can't believe you lied to me!"
(b) "I want a divorce."
(c) "Well, now I've heard everything."
4. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
(a) He is quite fond of both of them.
(b) He doesn't care much for either of them.
(c) He thinks they are like owls.
(d) He thinks they are like elephants.
5. Who has an epileptic child according to Clara?
(a) Clara's sister.
(b) Clara's brother.
(c) Clara's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will going to do now that he's fired?
2. Where does Will say Ted is more frequently than he is in the office?
3. According to Will, what is the largest city in the South?
4. Where does Will say Bill was when he died?
5. Where is Will at the top of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it particularly painful for Will that Tom is replacing him?
2. What does Will say happened to his son?
3. How does Lily Dale respond to being deceived by the young man from Atlanta?
4. How does Lily Dale say she knew for sure the young man was lying?
5. How does Will's being fired put Lily Dale in an awkward position?
6. Describe Will's display of pride at the end of the scene.
7. Why does Tom come by?
8. What does Lily Dale do every time she feels blue from missing her son?
9. What does Lily Dale say Bill would do the minute he got home for Christmas?
10. How are Will and Lily Dale's attitudes toward religion different?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)