|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete say his job was?
2. What does Will say he thinks is the cause of his sour mood?
(a) He lost his job.
(b) He had a disgusting dinner.
(c) He's tired.
(d) He hasn't eaten.
3. Where does Will discover the young man from Atlanta is staying?
(a) In the upstairs bedroom of the Kidder house.
(b) At the Houston YMCA.
(c) Down the street from the Kidders.
(d) At the Atlanta YMCA.
4. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says he can talk to Lily Dale about it some other time.
(c) Will says it does him good to talk about it.
(d) Will says they should talk about something else.
5. In what year does the play begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
2. What is Will's attitude about the New Deal?
3. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta's relationship to Bill is?
4. Nothing fires Will up like what?
5. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that Bill was like a what to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lily Dale's meeting with Etta Doris.
2. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
3. In what way does Will discover that he has been foolish?
4. How does Lily Dale describe the Disappointment Clubs?
5. What does Clara find out for Lily Dale about the Disappointment Clubs?
6. Why is it particularly painful for Will that Tom is replacing him?
7. Who is the young man from Atlanta?
8. Why does Will refuse to go outside and speak to the young man from Atlanta?
9. Describe Will's late son.
10. What does Will say to Carson and Pete about the way he has been treating his wife?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)