|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Will at the top of the play?
(a) On the street waiting for the trolley.
(b) In his living room drinking coffee.
(c) At his desk looking at house plans.
(d) In his garage working on his Packard.
2. What does Sam Curtis say to Will about the young man from Atlanta?
(a) Sam Curtis says the young man has a fine reputation.
(b) Sam Curtis says the young man is very handsome.
(c) Sam Curtis says he thinks the young man is a phony.
(d) Sam Curtis says the young man is a killer.
3. What does Tom arrive with?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A briefcase full of cash.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A photo album.
4. Does Pete believe in God?
(a) Not since his wife died.
(c) Never in his life.
(d) Not since he was orphaned.
5. Nothing fires Will up like what?
(a) Hard work.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) Fine cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
2. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
3. From what company is Pete retired?
4. Who does Will say is the only person in whom he can confide?
5. What does Will do with the check Tom left him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will's being fired put Lily Dale in an awkward position?
2. Why is Will short of breath at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the difference between Will and his brother?
4. What does Will tell Carson about Houston?
5. Why does Tom come by?
6. Describe Will's late son.
7. How does Lily Dale say she knew for sure the young man was lying?
8. What does Will say happened to his son?
9. In what way does Will discover that he has been foolish?
10. What does Will prophesy for Ted, Jr.?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)