|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say when Lily Dale tells him the young man from Atlanta's story?
(a) "I can't believe you lied to me!"
(c) "Well, now I've heard everything."
(d) "I want a divorce."
2. How does Will say Bill died?
(a) Will says Bill died of an unknown cause.
(b) Will says Bill walked into a lake and drowned.
(c) Will says Bill died of a heart attack.
(d) Will says Bill was hit by a bus.
3. According to Lily Dale how did Allie's husband kill himself?
(a) By hanging.
(b) By immolation.
(c) By drowning.
(d) By poison.
4. How does Will say his wife's brother lost his second son?
(a) To alcoholism.
(b) In a boating accident.
(c) He joined a cult.
(d) In an air raid over Germany.
5. When Lily Dale asks Will when her new car is arriving, what does he say?
(a) Will says that may have to wait awhile.
(b) Will says it arrived earlier in the afternoon.
(c) Will says it will arrive next week.
(d) Will says it will arrive next month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the name of Carson's oldest sister?
2. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta is?
3. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
4. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
5. How many times does Tom say he met Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Will discover that he has been foolish?
2. Why is Will short of breath at the beginning of the play?
3. What are the circumstances surrounding the money Lily Dale gives to the young man from Atlanta?
4. How do we know it is odd for Pete to be unable to sleep?
5. How does Will claim to have gotten Ted's dad to vote Republican for the first time?
6. What does Lily Dale learn about Bill's religiousness from the young man from Atlanta?
7. What does Alice Temple say to Lily Dale about God?
8. What does Will prophesy for Ted, Jr.?
9. What does Will say happened to his son?
10. Why is it particularly painful for Will that Tom is replacing him?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)