|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily Dale help the young man from Atlanta?
(a) She loans him money.
(b) She prays for him daily.
(c) She gives him breakfast every morning.
(d) She gives him piano lessons.
2. Where does Will discover the young man from Atlanta is staying?
(a) Down the street from the Kidders.
(b) At the Atlanta YMCA.
(c) In the upstairs bedroom of the Kidder house.
(d) At the Houston YMCA.
3. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta is?
(a) A bum.
(b) A swindler.
(c) A fine upstanding man.
(d) An okay guy.
4. What does Clara tell Lily Dale at the top of this scene?
(a) Will is at the hospital.
(b) Egg caserole is for breakfast.
(c) Lily Dale's new car is in the driveway.
(d) The young man from Atlanta came by again looking for Lily Dale.
5. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
(a) His savings.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His car.
(d) His duplex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will's attitude about the New Deal?
2. How does Allie Temple kill herself?
3. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
4. What kind of person does Will feel he is at heart?
5. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the scene to send Will into the fury that leads to his heart attack?
2. Describe Will's display of pride at the end of the scene.
3. How does Will claim to have gotten Ted's dad to vote Republican for the first time?
4. How does Will's being fired put Lily Dale in an awkward position?
5. What does Will prophesy for Ted, Jr.?
6. Why does will say he thinks the banks of Houston are running disappointment clubs?
7. What does Alice Temple say to Lily Dale about God?
8. What is the difference between Will and his brother?
9. What does Will say to Pete to convince him to loan his life savings?
10. When does Will say he discovered his heart condition?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)