|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about her financial situation?
(a) Pete says he and Lily Dale's mother had to contend with worse conditions.
(b) Pete says Will and Lily Dale are in very bad shape.
(c) Pete says Will and Lily Dale will certainly pull out of it.
(d) Pete says Will is making their troubles out to be worse than they actually are.
2. How does Will say his wife's brother lost his second son?
(a) He joined a cult.
(b) To alcoholism.
(c) In an air raid over Germany.
(d) In a boating accident.
3. Where does Will say Bill got a job after the war?
(a) New York City.
4. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
(a) Will and Lily Dale have separated.
(b) Will and Lily Dale have made up.
(c) Will isn't half speaking to Lily Dale.
(d) Will and Lily Dale are laughing and playing together like they did when they first met.
5. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has an epileptic child according to Clara?
2. According to Will, what is the largest city in the South?
3. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
4. What does Pete say his job was?
5. How old does Lily Dale say she was when she lost her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the scene to send Will into the fury that leads to his heart attack?
2. Who does Will say he is at heart?
3. What does Lily Dale learn about Bill's religiousness from the young man from Atlanta?
4. What does Lily Dale say Bill would do the minute he got home for Christmas?
5. How do we know it is odd for Pete to be unable to sleep?
6. When does Will say he discovered his heart condition?
7. What does Alice Temple say to Lily Dale about God?
8. Why is Will short of breath at the beginning of the play?
9. Why does Tom come by?
10. How does Lily Dale describe the Disappointment Clubs?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)