|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nothing fires Will up like what?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Fine cars.
2. In what branch of the military does Will say Bill volunteered?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Air Force.
3. How does Lily Dale help the young man from Atlanta?
(a) She loans him money.
(b) She prays for him daily.
(c) She gives him breakfast every morning.
(d) She gives him piano lessons.
4. What does Pete say his job was?
5. Who does Will say is the only person in whom he can confide?
(a) Lily Dale.
(c) Mr. Davenport.
(d) The young man from Atlanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ted promoting?
2. What's the name of Carson's younger sister?
3. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that Bill was like a what to him?
4. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
5. What's the name of Carson's oldest sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Will say he discovered his heart condition?
2. What does Will tell Carson about Houston?
3. Why is Will short of breath at the beginning of the play?
4. Why is it particularly painful for Will that Tom is replacing him?
5. Describe Will's display of pride at the end of the scene.
6. How do we know it is odd for Pete to be unable to sleep?
7. How are Will and Lily Dale's attitudes toward religion different?
8. What is the difference between Will and his brother?
9. Why does will say he thinks the banks of Houston are running disappointment clubs?
10. How does Will say he started off at Sunshine Produce?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)