|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will ask Pete to give him?
(a) His car.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His life savings.
(d) His duplex.
2. When Lily Dale asks Will when her new car is arriving, what does he say?
(a) Will says it arrived earlier in the afternoon.
(b) Will says it will arrive next week.
(c) Will says it will arrive next month.
(d) Will says that may have to wait awhile.
3. What does Clara ask when Lily Dale says she is a nervous wreck?
(a) "Where's your stress ball?"
(b) "Would you like some more coffee?"
(c) "Where's your Christian faith?"
(d) "Would you like some peach cobbler?"
4. Where does Will say Ted is more frequently than he is in the office?
(a) The saloon.
(b) The golf course.
(c) The racquetball court.
(d) The track.
5. How long does the doctor say it will be before Will can return to work?
(a) At least twelve months.
(b) At least three months.
(c) At least six months.
(d) At least six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
2. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
3. What does Lily Dale say she wishes Bill could see?
4. According to Carson, Bill's roommate NEVER did what?
5. Has Clara ever heard of the maids organizing Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the scene to send Will into the fury that leads to his heart attack?
2. Why is it particularly painful for Will that Tom is replacing him?
3. In what way does Will discover that he has been foolish?
4. What does Will say to Pete to convince him to loan his life savings?
5. Why does Will want such a big house for only two people?
6. What are the circumstances surrounding the money Lily Dale gives to the young man from Atlanta?
7. What does Lily Dale learn about Bill's religiousness from the young man from Atlanta?
8. Who is the young man from Atlanta?
9. What does Alice Temple say to Lily Dale about God?
10. Who does Will say he is at heart?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)