|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
(a) Go screw yourself.
(b) I hope you die.
(c) I'll see you soon.
(d) Take care.
2. How does Will think he failed Bill?
(a) Will thinks he only wanted Bill to be like him.
(b) Will thinks he never gave Bill enough money.
(c) Will thinks he never taught Bill how to be a man.
(d) Will thinks he was too available for Bill.
3. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
(a) Run to the grocery store.
(b) Run to the ice cream parlor.
(c) Help him back to his room.
(d) Lock the door behind him.
4. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
(b) Will tells her to get out.
(c) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(d) Will says, "welcome home!"
5. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says he will get a new doctor.
(c) Will says the doctor is probably right and changes his mind.
(d) Will says to hell with the doctor.
6. What does the young man say to Lily Dale about the day Bill went down in the water?
(a) The young man wishes he could have gone down in the water too.
(b) The young man says it was certainly accidental.
(c) The young man says Bill is really alive.
(d) The young man says it was suicide.
7. Where does Carson say he saw Bill's roommate the previous day?
(a) At a saloon.
(b) Outside the Kidders' house.
(c) At the YMCA.
(d) At the picture show.
8. What does Clara's friend tell her about Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) That she is a hateful woman.
(b) That she does not actually exist.
(c) That she was the founder of the Disappointment Clubs.
(d) That she was never involved in the Disappointment Clubs.
9. What does Pete say before he and Carson leave?
(a) He'll miss Will.
(b) Maybe they should hurry up before Lily Dale gets back.
(c) He'll write often.
(d) Maybe they shouldn't leave until Lily Dale gets back.
10. What bank is Will going to downtown?
(a) First Commerce.
(b) Houston Commerce.
(c) Houston Area Credit Union.
(d) First State.
11. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he is feeling nauseous.
(b) Will says he is feeling tired.
(c) Will says he is dizzy.
(d) Will says Etta Doris is boring him to tears.
12. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
(d) The backyard.
13. Why does Will call Tom?
(a) To sever ties with him.
(b) To ask after his wife's health.
(c) To make way for him to return to the company.
(d) To sever ties with the company.
14. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
(a) A precious niece and a precious nephew.
(b) A precious nephew and a precious sister.
(c) A precious mother and a precious sister.
(d) A precious sister and a precious brother.
15. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
(a) Will says he's starving.
(b) Will says he will only throw the food up.
(c) Will says he'll eat later.
(d) Will says his stomach hurts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
2. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
3. Why can Etta Doris no longer work?
4. Where does Lily Dale tell Will she's been?
5. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)