|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
(a) Will says Etta Doris is boring him to tears.
(b) Will says he is feeling nauseous.
(c) Will says he is dizzy.
(d) Will says he is feeling tired.
2. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a baseball player.
(b) Make him into a tennis player.
(c) Make him into a basketball player.
(d) Make him into a swimmer.
3. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
(a) Lily Dale asks if she can go to Atlanta with Pete.
(b) Lily Dale asks if she can have some money for the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Lily Dale asks if she should call Will's doctor.
(d) Lily Dale asks Pete if he loves her.
4. What does Will say his meeting at the bank was?
(a) A huge success.
(b) An elaborate ruse.
(c) A courtesy call.
(d) An abysmal failure.
5. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
(a) Poor grades.
(b) Mixed grades.
(c) Good grades.
(d) Average grades.
6. Who does Will call?
7. What does Pete tell Will about the money?
(a) Pete says all of the money has been spent.
(b) Pete says Will can have all of the money.
(c) Pete says he has already committed ten thousand of his savings, but Will is welcome to the rest.
(d) Pete says Lily Dale gave his savings to the young man from Atlanta.
8. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
(a) The Bill that Will and Lily Dale knew.
(b) The Bill who fought for his country.
(c) The real Bill that was involved with the young man from Atlanta.
(d) The Bill who decided to walk into the lake.
9. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
(a) The man says now is not a good time to start a new business.
(b) The man says now is a good time to start a new business.
(c) The man says he has never heard of any proposal so foolish.
(d) The man says Will has been a poor customer and is therefore unworthy of a loan.
10. How does Lily Dale say she deceived Will?
(a) She and her cousin went to a brothel.
(b) She and her cousin went on a spending spree in Dallas.
(c) She and her cousin Mary had two men over to the house.
(d) She and her cousin robbed a bank.
11. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
12. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
(b) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(c) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(d) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
13. How does Will think he failed Bill?
(a) Will thinks he never gave Bill enough money.
(b) Will thinks he only wanted Bill to be like him.
(c) Will thinks he was too available for Bill.
(d) Will thinks he never taught Bill how to be a man.
14. What bank is Will going to downtown?
(a) Houston Commerce.
(b) First State.
(c) Houston Area Credit Union.
(d) First Commerce.
15. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(b) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
(d) Rose Violet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete promise to do when he gets to Atlanta?
2. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
3. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
4. Where does Carson say he used to go every night when he lived with Bill?
5. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)