|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he is dizzy.
(b) Will says he is feeling nauseous.
(c) Will says he is feeling tired.
(d) Will says Etta Doris is boring him to tears.
2. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
(a) Will says he will get a new doctor.
(b) Will says nothing.
(c) Will says the doctor is probably right and changes his mind.
(d) Will says to hell with the doctor.
3. Where does Carson say he used to go every night when he lived with Bill?
(a) To church.
(b) The picture show.
(c) The brothel.
(d) The saloon.
4. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(b) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
(d) Rose Violet.
5. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
(a) Carson's daughter.
(b) Carson's sister.
(c) Carson's mother.
(d) Carson's cousin.
6. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In one year.
(b) In six months.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) In one month.
7. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
(a) Lily Dale says she will become a seamstress in Munn's department store.
(b) Lily Dale says she will clean houses.
(c) Lily Dale says she will teach school.
(d) Lily Dale says she will start teaching music.
8. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
(c) "Might be."
(d) "Over my dead body."
9. Who does Will call?
10. What does Will ask Pete for?
(a) Will asks Pete to stay in Houston.
(b) Will asks Pete for his savings to show the bank he has cash on hand.
(c) Will asks Pete to keep an eye on Lily Dale.
(d) Will asks Pete for a ride to the bank.
11. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
12. Why does the man at the bank say the meeting could not have been conducted over the phone?
(a) The phone seemed too "intimate."
(b) The man at the bank never uses phones.
(c) The phone seemed too "modern."
(d) The phone seemed too "unpersonal."
13. Who does Lily Dale say she has been seeing again?
(a) The young man from Atlanta.
(b) Etta Doris.
(d) Her mother.
14. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
(b) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(c) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
(d) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
15. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) Almost three years.
(b) Almost two years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
2. How does Will describe the age of the man at the bank?
3. What does Will say after he tells Lily Dale the meeting at the bank was just a courtesy thing?
4. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
5. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about Will going to the bank?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)