|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
(a) How he was fired firing.
(b) Why he hates the young man from Atlanta.
(c) What he was doing in Chicago.
(d) How Bill spent the money he sent him.
2. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
(a) A happy boy.
(b) A sweet boy.
(c) A melancholy boy.
(d) A mean boy.
3. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
(a) The Bill who decided to walk into the lake.
(b) The Bill who fought for his country.
(c) The Bill that Will and Lily Dale knew.
(d) The real Bill that was involved with the young man from Atlanta.
4. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
(b) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
(c) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
(d) Carson says the picture looks faded.
5. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
(a) For a new house.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) For a new car.
(d) For an operation.
6. Why can Etta Doris no longer work?
(a) She has two broken legs.
(b) She has high blood pressure, arthritis and lower back pains.
(c) She is losing her mind.
(d) She has two broken arms.
7. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
(a) Carson's sister.
(b) Carson's cousin.
(c) Carson's daughter.
(d) Carson's mother.
8. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
(a) $100,000 cash.
(d) Cancelled checks.
9. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are being burned.
(b) The buildings are being restored.
(c) The buildings are being torn down.
(d) The buildings are falling apart.
10. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he is feeling nauseous.
(b) Will says he is dizzy.
(c) Will says Etta Doris is boring him to tears.
(d) Will says he is feeling tired.
11. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
(a) A precious niece and a precious nephew.
(b) A precious mother and a precious sister.
(c) A precious sister and a precious brother.
(d) A precious nephew and a precious sister.
12. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
(a) Run to the ice cream parlor.
(b) Help him back to his room.
(c) Run to the grocery store.
(d) Lock the door behind him.
13. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(a) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
(b) Rose Violet.
14. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
(a) Will strikes Lily Dale.
(b) Will says he'll bluff his way through the bank meeting.
(c) Will says he has nothing to live for and storms out.
(d) Will says Pete is a good for nothing.
15. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
2. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
3. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
4. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
5. Why does Lily Dale say she has stopped seeing Mary Cunningham?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)