|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
2. What does Will tell Ted about accepting a job at Sunshine with less responsibility?
(a) Will tells Ted to take his proposal and stuff it.
(b) Will says he may come in to the office and discuss it when he's feeling stronger.
(c) Will weepingly accepts Ted's offer.
(d) Will ignores Ted entirely.
3. Why does Will call Tom?
(a) To ask after his wife's health.
(b) To sever ties with the company.
(c) To make way for him to return to the company.
(d) To sever ties with him.
4. Who is standing in the drive when Lily Dale pulls her car out?
(c) The young man from Atlanta.
5. Etta Doris mistakes Pete for whom?
(c) Lily Dale's brother.
6. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
(a) Carson's mother.
(b) Carson's sister.
(c) Carson's cousin.
(d) Carson's daughter.
7. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are being restored.
(b) The buildings are falling apart.
(c) The buildings are being burned.
(d) The buildings are being torn down.
8. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
(a) When Will went to New York to visit his cousin.
(b) When Will went to Atlanta with Pete.
(c) When Will went to Chicago on a business trip.
(d) When Will was sick ten years ago.
9. What bank is Will going to downtown?
(a) Houston Commerce.
(b) First State.
(c) Houston Area Credit Union.
(d) First Commerce.
10. What does Will say his meeting at the bank was?
(a) An abysmal failure.
(b) A courtesy call.
(c) A huge success.
(d) An elaborate ruse.
11. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(b) Rose Violet.
(c) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
12. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
(a) I hope you die.
(b) I'll see you soon.
(c) Go screw yourself.
(d) Take care.
13. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) For an operation.
(c) For a new house.
(d) For a new car.
14. What time does Pete say his wife would have to get up?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Three o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
15. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
(a) Kind of weak.
(b) Kind of sad.
(c) Kind of happy.
(d) Kind of excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the young man as of Lily Dale's conversation with Clara?
2. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
3. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
4. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
5. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)