|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man?
(a) That he'll pay him $100,000 to leave.
(b) That he'll pay him $10,000 to leave.
(c) To go away and leave them alone.
(d) That he'll pay him $5,000 to leave.
2. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
3. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
(a) Kind of happy.
(b) Kind of excited.
(c) Kind of weak.
(d) Kind of sad.
4. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are being restored.
(b) The buildings are being burned.
(c) The buildings are falling apart.
(d) The buildings are being torn down.
5. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
(b) His stepson.
(d) His father.
6. What does Will say after he tells Lily Dale the meeting at the bank was just a courtesy thing?
(a) Will says he feels like dying.
(b) Will says he's lost his spirit.
(c) Will says he feels younger than ever.
(d) Will says he's back in the game.
7. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(b) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(c) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
(d) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
8. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will says, "welcome home!"
(b) Will tells her to get out.
(c) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
(d) Will says he doesn't remember her.
9. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
(a) For an operation.
(b) For a new car.
(c) For a new house.
(d) For a vacation.
10. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
(a) Lily Dale gives her money every month.
(b) She gets "old age."
(c) She receives money from a rich uncle.
(d) She depends on alms from the church.
11. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he is feeling nauseous.
(b) Will says he is feeling tired.
(c) Will says he is dizzy.
(d) Will says Etta Doris is boring him to tears.
12. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
(a) Lily Dale says Will is wrong.
(b) Lily Dale says the young man is no more a liar than Will.
(c) Lily Dale says that may be but she needed comforting.
(d) Lily Dale says she knows now and is sorry.
13. Why is Will going to the bank?
(a) To rob the joint.
(b) To talk about getting a loan for a new business.
(c) To withdraw all of his money.
(d) To apply for a job.
14. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
(a) Since he was twelve.
(b) Since he was eighteen.
(c) Since he was fourteen.
(d) Since he was sixteen.
15. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
(b) "Over my dead body."
(d) "Might be."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
2. How does Lily Dale say she deceived Will?
3. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
4. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
5. What time is Pete leaving for Atlanta?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)