|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pete now in favor of despite a lifetime of opposition to it?
2. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will says, "welcome home!"
(b) Will tells her to get out.
(c) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(d) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
3. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
(a) Since he was eighteen.
(b) Since he was sixteen.
(c) Since he was twelve.
(d) Since he was fourteen.
4. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
(a) Will says, "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."
(b) Will says he's been mean as hell to her and he's sorry.
(c) Will says Lily Dale deserves everything she gets.
(d) Will says he feels distraught that he's been so ugly too her.
5. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
(a) Carson's sister.
(b) Carson's daughter.
(c) Carson's mother.
(d) Carson's cousin.
6. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
(a) When Will went to New York to visit his cousin.
(b) When Will was sick ten years ago.
(c) When Will went to Chicago on a business trip.
(d) When Will went to Atlanta with Pete.
7. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
(b) His stepson.
(d) His father.
8. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
(a) It was torn down.
(b) Will says he never lived on Hawthorne.
(c) It was purchased by a young couple.
(d) It was burned to the ground.
9. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a swimmer.
(b) Make him into a tennis player.
(c) Make him into a basketball player.
(d) Make him into a baseball player.
10. What does Pete promise to do when he gets to Atlanta?
(a) Kiss his mother for Will.
(b) Buy Will a souvenir.
(c) Call Will.
(d) Say hello to the relatives for Will.
11. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In six months.
(b) In one month.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) In one year.
12. What does Will ask Pete for?
(a) Will asks Pete for a ride to the bank.
(b) Will asks Pete to stay in Houston.
(c) Will asks Pete for his savings to show the bank he has cash on hand.
(d) Will asks Pete to keep an eye on Lily Dale.
13. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
(a) $100,000 cash.
(b) Cancelled checks.
14. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
15. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) Three years.
(b) Almost three years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Pete leaving for Atlanta?
2. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
3. Where does Carson pick up his clothes?
4. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man?
5. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)