|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will going to the bank?
(a) To apply for a job.
(b) To rob the joint.
(c) To withdraw all of his money.
(d) To talk about getting a loan for a new business.
2. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
(a) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new car.
(b) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new house.
(c) Lily Dale asks that Will go speak to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale asks Will to take her to Atlanta.
3. How does Will think he failed Bill?
(a) Will thinks he only wanted Bill to be like him.
(b) Will thinks he was too available for Bill.
(c) Will thinks he never gave Bill enough money.
(d) Will thinks he never taught Bill how to be a man.
4. Why does Will call Tom?
(a) To sever ties with the company.
(b) To make way for him to return to the company.
(c) To ask after his wife's health.
(d) To sever ties with him.
5. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
(a) The real Bill that was involved with the young man from Atlanta.
(b) The Bill who decided to walk into the lake.
(c) The Bill that Will and Lily Dale knew.
(d) The Bill who fought for his country.
6. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
(a) She says the house is too "yellow."
(b) She says she likes the one on Hawthorne better.
(c) She says the house looks like Eleanor Roosevelt's.
(d) She says the couple must be prospering if they are living in such a nice house.
7. Who is standing in the drive when Lily Dale pulls her car out?
(d) The young man from Atlanta.
8. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
(a) A happy boy.
(b) A sweet boy.
(c) A melancholy boy.
(d) A mean boy.
9. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
(a) The man says now is a good time to start a new business.
(b) The man says now is not a good time to start a new business.
(c) The man says Will has been a poor customer and is therefore unworthy of a loan.
(d) The man says he has never heard of any proposal so foolish.
10. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
(a) Lily Dale asks if she can go to Atlanta with Pete.
(b) Lily Dale asks if she can have some money for the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Lily Dale asks Pete if he loves her.
(d) Lily Dale asks if she should call Will's doctor.
11. What does Pete tell Will about the money?
(a) Pete says he has already committed ten thousand of his savings, but Will is welcome to the rest.
(b) Pete says Will can have all of the money.
(c) Pete says Lily Dale gave his savings to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Pete says all of the money has been spent.
12. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
(a) Mixed grades.
(b) Poor grades.
(c) Good grades.
(d) Average grades.
13. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will says, "welcome home!"
(b) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
(c) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(d) Will tells her to get out.
14. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
(b) The backyard.
15. Where does Carson pick up his clothes?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) The saloon.
(d) Pete's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
2. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
3. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
4. What does Clara's friend tell her about Eleanor Roosevelt?
5. What does Pete promise to do when he gets to Atlanta?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)