|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily Dale say she has stopped seeing Mary Cunningham?
(a) Mary claims Lily Dale slept with one of the young men.
(b) Mary claims Lily Dale stole her makeup.
(c) Mary claims Pete tried to hit on her once.
(d) Mary claims Lily Dale is a liar.
2. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
3. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a tennis player.
(b) Make him into a swimmer.
(c) Make him into a baseball player.
(d) Make him into a basketball player.
4. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
(a) She would make Pete's bed.
(b) She would drive Pete to work.
(c) She would dance for Pete.
(d) She would fix Pete breakfast.
5. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
(b) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
(c) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(d) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
6. Why does Will call Tom?
(a) To ask after his wife's health.
(b) To sever ties with the company.
(c) To make way for him to return to the company.
(d) To sever ties with him.
7. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
(a) A melancholy boy.
(b) A happy boy.
(c) A mean boy.
(d) A sweet boy.
8. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Almost three years.
(d) Almost two years.
9. How does the young man respond to being told to go?
(a) He threatens Lily Dale.
(b) He cries.
(c) He leaves quietly.
(d) He threatens to expose Bill for what he really was.
10. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
(a) A precious sister and a precious brother.
(b) A precious nephew and a precious sister.
(c) A precious mother and a precious sister.
(d) A precious niece and a precious nephew.
11. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
(b) His stepson.
(c) His father.
12. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
(a) Will says he was scattered.
(b) Will says he was polite.
(c) Will says he was rude.
(d) Will says he was cold.
13. What time does Pete say his wife would have to get up?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Three o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
14. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man?
(a) To go away and leave them alone.
(b) That he'll pay him $5,000 to leave.
(c) That he'll pay him $10,000 to leave.
(d) That he'll pay him $100,000 to leave.
15. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
(a) The two are at each other's throats.
(b) The two are funny as can be.
(c) The two are thick as thieves.
(d) The two look and awful lot alike.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
2. What does Pete promise to do when he gets to Atlanta?
3. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
4. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
5. What does Clara's friend tell her about Eleanor Roosevelt?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)