|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
(a) A precious nephew and a precious sister.
(b) A precious mother and a precious sister.
(c) A precious niece and a precious nephew.
(d) A precious sister and a precious brother.
2. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
(a) A melancholy boy.
(b) A happy boy.
(c) A mean boy.
(d) A sweet boy.
3. When is Will's meeting at Sunshine produce?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Early afternoon.
(d) Late morning.
4. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are falling apart.
(b) The buildings are being restored.
(c) The buildings are being burned.
(d) The buildings are being torn down.
5. Where does Lily Dale tell Will she's been?
(a) Window shopping downtown.
(b) Visiting with Ted.
(c) Getting her hair done.
(d) Speaking to the young man from Atlanta.
6. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) For a new house.
(c) For an operation.
(d) For a new car.
7. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
(a) Kind of happy.
(b) Kind of sad.
(c) Kind of weak.
(d) Kind of excited.
8. What does Pete say before he and Carson leave?
(a) Maybe they shouldn't leave until Lily Dale gets back.
(b) Maybe they should hurry up before Lily Dale gets back.
(c) He'll miss Will.
(d) He'll write often.
9. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
(a) She says the couple must be prospering if they are living in such a nice house.
(b) She says the house looks like Eleanor Roosevelt's.
(c) She says the house is too "yellow."
(d) She says she likes the one on Hawthorne better.
10. Etta Doris mistakes Pete for whom?
(b) Lily Dale's brother.
11. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says he will get a new doctor.
(c) Will says the doctor is probably right and changes his mind.
(d) Will says to hell with the doctor.
12. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
13. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
(a) She gets "old age."
(b) She depends on alms from the church.
(c) She receives money from a rich uncle.
(d) Lily Dale gives her money every month.
14. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a basketball player.
(b) Make him into a tennis player.
(c) Make him into a swimmer.
(d) Make him into a baseball player.
15. What bank is Will going to downtown?
(a) Houston Commerce.
(b) Houston Area Credit Union.
(c) First State.
(d) First Commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Pete for?
2. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
3. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
4. How does Will describe the age of the man at the bank?
5. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)