|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete tell Will about the money?
(a) Pete says Will can have all of the money.
(b) Pete says Lily Dale gave his savings to the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Pete says he has already committed ten thousand of his savings, but Will is welcome to the rest.
(d) Pete says all of the money has been spent.
2. What does Will say after he tells Lily Dale the meeting at the bank was just a courtesy thing?
(a) Will says he feels younger than ever.
(b) Will says he's lost his spirit.
(c) Will says he's back in the game.
(d) Will says he feels like dying.
3. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
(a) Will says Lily Dale deserves everything she gets.
(b) Will says he feels distraught that he's been so ugly too her.
(c) Will says, "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."
(d) Will says he's been mean as hell to her and he's sorry.
4. How does Will describe the age of the man at the bank?
(a) Will's age.
(b) Lily Dale's age.
(c) Older than Pete.
(d) Younger than Carson.
5. Where does Carson say he saw Bill's roommate the previous day?
(a) At the YMCA.
(b) At a saloon.
(c) Outside the Kidders' house.
(d) At the picture show.
6. How does Will think he failed Bill?
(a) Will thinks he was too available for Bill.
(b) Will thinks he only wanted Bill to be like him.
(c) Will thinks he never gave Bill enough money.
(d) Will thinks he never taught Bill how to be a man.
7. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
(a) Will says he will only throw the food up.
(b) Will says he's starving.
(c) Will says his stomach hurts.
(d) Will says he'll eat later.
8. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
(b) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
(c) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
(d) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
9. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a swimmer.
(b) Make him into a tennis player.
(c) Make him into a baseball player.
(d) Make him into a basketball player.
10. Where does Lily Dale say she and Will lived when Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) On Rose.
(b) On Hawthorne.
(c) On Brooks.
(d) On Hinkle.
11. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will tells her to get out.
(b) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(c) Will says, "welcome home!"
(d) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
12. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In six weeks.
(b) In six months.
(c) In one month.
(d) In one year.
13. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
(a) The Bill that Will and Lily Dale knew.
(b) The Bill who fought for his country.
(c) The real Bill that was involved with the young man from Atlanta.
(d) The Bill who decided to walk into the lake.
14. What does Will tell Ted about accepting a job at Sunshine with less responsibility?
(a) Will says he may come in to the office and discuss it when he's feeling stronger.
(b) Will tells Ted to take his proposal and stuff it.
(c) Will weepingly accepts Ted's offer.
(d) Will ignores Ted entirely.
15. What time does Pete say his wife would have to get up?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
2. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
3. Where does Carson pick up his clothes?
4. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
5. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)