|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) Two years.
(b) Almost three years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Three years.
2. Why does Will call Tom?
(a) To sever ties with the company.
(b) To ask after his wife's health.
(c) To make way for him to return to the company.
(d) To sever ties with him.
3. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he is feeling nauseous.
(b) Will says he is dizzy.
(c) Will says he is feeling tired.
(d) Will says Etta Doris is boring him to tears.
4. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says the doctor is probably right and changes his mind.
(c) Will says he will get a new doctor.
(d) Will says to hell with the doctor.
5. How does Will describe the age of the man at the bank?
(a) Older than Pete.
(b) Younger than Carson.
(c) Lily Dale's age.
(d) Will's age.
6. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
7. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
(a) She says the house is too "yellow."
(b) She says the house looks like Eleanor Roosevelt's.
(c) She says she likes the one on Hawthorne better.
(d) She says the couple must be prospering if they are living in such a nice house.
8. Where does Lily Dale say she and Will lived when Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) On Hawthorne.
(b) On Rose.
(c) On Brooks.
(d) On Hinkle.
9. Where does Carson say he saw Bill's roommate the previous day?
(a) Outside the Kidders' house.
(b) At the picture show.
(c) At the YMCA.
(d) At a saloon.
10. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
(a) Lily Dale asks if she should call Will's doctor.
(b) Lily Dale asks if she can have some money for the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Lily Dale asks if she can go to Atlanta with Pete.
(d) Lily Dale asks Pete if he loves her.
11. What does Pete tell Will about the money?
(a) Pete says Lily Dale gave his savings to the young man from Atlanta.
(b) Pete says all of the money has been spent.
(c) Pete says he has already committed ten thousand of his savings, but Will is welcome to the rest.
(d) Pete says Will can have all of the money.
12. What does the young man from Atlanta say about Carson's allegations?
(a) The young man says Carson is hiding something.
(b) The young man says he has never even heard of Carson.
(c) The young man says Carson is a spy.
(d) The young man says Carson is jealous of him.
13. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a baseball player.
(b) Make him into a basketball player.
(c) Make him into a swimmer.
(d) Make him into a tennis player.
14. What does Will tell Ted about accepting a job at Sunshine with less responsibility?
(a) Will says he may come in to the office and discuss it when he's feeling stronger.
(b) Will weepingly accepts Ted's offer.
(c) Will ignores Ted entirely.
(d) Will tells Ted to take his proposal and stuff it.
15. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
(b) The backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
2. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
3. Who does Will call?
4. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
5. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)