|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
(a) There are things Will would have to ask him, and he doesn't want to know the answers.
(b) Will doesn't like the way he looks.
(c) Will is embarrased that Lily Dale has given him so much money.
(d) Will refuses to dignify con artists.
2. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
(a) She would fix Pete breakfast.
(b) She would make Pete's bed.
(c) She would dance for Pete.
(d) She would drive Pete to work.
3. Who does Lily Dale say she has been seeing again?
(b) Her mother.
(c) The young man from Atlanta.
(d) Etta Doris.
4. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
(a) Help him back to his room.
(b) Run to the ice cream parlor.
(c) Run to the grocery store.
(d) Lock the door behind him.
5. Why does Will call Tom?
(a) To ask after his wife's health.
(b) To sever ties with him.
(c) To sever ties with the company.
(d) To make way for him to return to the company.
6. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
(a) Mixed grades.
(b) Poor grades.
(c) Average grades.
(d) Good grades.
7. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
(a) The backyard.
8. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
(a) For a new car.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) For a new house.
(d) For an operation.
9. What does Pete say before he and Carson leave?
(a) Maybe they should hurry up before Lily Dale gets back.
(b) Maybe they shouldn't leave until Lily Dale gets back.
(c) He'll write often.
(d) He'll miss Will.
10. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
(a) It was torn down.
(b) Will says he never lived on Hawthorne.
(c) It was burned to the ground.
(d) It was purchased by a young couple.
11. Where is the young man as of Lily Dale's conversation with Clara?
(a) The young man is in the study.
(b) The young man is in the parlor.
(c) The young man is in Lily Dale's car.
(d) The young man is at the YMCA.
12. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
(a) The two are thick as thieves.
(b) The two are funny as can be.
(c) The two look and awful lot alike.
(d) The two are at each other's throats.
13. How does Lily Dale say she deceived Will?
(a) She and her cousin went to a brothel.
(b) She and her cousin went on a spending spree in Dallas.
(c) She and her cousin robbed a bank.
(d) She and her cousin Mary had two men over to the house.
14. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
(b) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
(c) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
(d) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
15. What is Pete now in favor of despite a lifetime of opposition to it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
2. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
3. What bank is Will going to downtown?
4. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
5. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)