|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
(b) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
(c) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(d) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
2. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(a) Rose Violet.
(c) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
3. What time does Pete say his wife would have to get up?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Three o'clock.
4. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
(a) A happy boy.
(b) A melancholy boy.
(c) A mean boy.
(d) A sweet boy.
5. Why does Lily Dale say she has stopped seeing Mary Cunningham?
(a) Mary claims Lily Dale is a liar.
(b) Mary claims Lily Dale stole her makeup.
(c) Mary claims Pete tried to hit on her once.
(d) Mary claims Lily Dale slept with one of the young men.
6. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
(a) Lily Dale asks if she can go to Atlanta with Pete.
(b) Lily Dale asks if she should call Will's doctor.
(c) Lily Dale asks if she can have some money for the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale asks Pete if he loves her.
7. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) Two years.
(b) Almost three years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Almost two years.
8. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
(a) Will says, "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."
(b) Will says he's been mean as hell to her and he's sorry.
(c) Will says Lily Dale deserves everything she gets.
(d) Will says he feels distraught that he's been so ugly too her.
9. How does the young man respond to being told to go?
(a) He threatens to expose Bill for what he really was.
(b) He cries.
(c) He leaves quietly.
(d) He threatens Lily Dale.
10. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about Will going to the bank?
(a) Pete says nothing.
(b) Pete says it is best if he and Lily Dale keep quiet.
(c) Pete says he thinks Will is going to have another heart attack.
(d) Pete says going to the bank is likely the best thing for Will.
11. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
(a) The man says he has never heard of any proposal so foolish.
(b) The man says Will has been a poor customer and is therefore unworthy of a loan.
(c) The man says now is not a good time to start a new business.
(d) The man says now is a good time to start a new business.
12. Who is standing in the drive when Lily Dale pulls her car out?
(d) The young man from Atlanta.
13. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
(a) Will says he was scattered.
(b) Will says he was cold.
(c) Will says he was rude.
(d) Will says he was polite.
14. Why does Lily Dale say she gave the young man money behind Will's back?
(a) Lily Dale says the young man blackmailed her.
(b) Lily Dale says she felt sorry for the young man.
(c) Lily Dale says she has been having an affair with the young man.
(d) Lily Dale says the young man is her son.
15. Why is Will going to the bank?
(a) To talk about getting a loan for a new business.
(b) To apply for a job.
(c) To rob the joint.
(d) To withdraw all of his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
2. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
3. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
4. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
5. Where does Carson pick up his clothes?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)