|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
(a) Lily Dale asks that Will go speak to the young man from Atlanta.
(b) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new car.
(c) Lily Dale asks Will to take her to Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new house.
2. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
(a) Will doesn't like the way he looks.
(b) Will refuses to dignify con artists.
(c) Will is embarrased that Lily Dale has given him so much money.
(d) There are things Will would have to ask him, and he doesn't want to know the answers.
3. When is Will's meeting at Sunshine produce?
(a) Late morning.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
4. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
5. What kind of grades does Etta Doris say Bill made?
(a) Poor grades.
(b) Mixed grades.
(c) Average grades.
(d) Good grades.
6. How does the young man respond to being told to go?
(a) He cries.
(b) He threatens to expose Bill for what he really was.
(c) He threatens Lily Dale.
(d) He leaves quietly.
7. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(b) Will says, "welcome home!"
(c) Will tells her to get out.
(d) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
8. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
(a) Will says he'll bluff his way through the bank meeting.
(b) Will strikes Lily Dale.
(c) Will says Pete is a good for nothing.
(d) Will says he has nothing to live for and storms out.
9. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says the doctor is probably right and changes his mind.
(c) Will says to hell with the doctor.
(d) Will says he will get a new doctor.
10. What does the doctor say about Will's trip to the bank?
(a) The doctor says it's probably fine for Will to go to the bank.
(b) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least three more weeks.
(c) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least two more weeks.
(d) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least another month.
11. Where does Carson say he used to go every night when he lived with Bill?
(a) To church.
(b) The saloon.
(c) The brothel.
(d) The picture show.
12. What does Will ask Pete for?
(a) Will asks Pete to stay in Houston.
(b) Will asks Pete for a ride to the bank.
(c) Will asks Pete for his savings to show the bank he has cash on hand.
(d) Will asks Pete to keep an eye on Lily Dale.
13. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
(a) The two of them kissed with the men.
(b) The two of them went to a hotel with the men.
(c) The two of them picked the men up while they were driving down Main Street.
(d) The men they picked up were actually women.
14. Why does Lily Dale say she gave the young man money behind Will's back?
(a) Lily Dale says she has been having an affair with the young man.
(b) Lily Dale says the young man is her son.
(c) Lily Dale says the young man blackmailed her.
(d) Lily Dale says she felt sorry for the young man.
15. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
(a) Since he was fourteen.
(b) Since he was sixteen.
(c) Since he was eighteen.
(d) Since he was twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
2. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
3. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
4. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
5. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)