|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) Almost three years.
(b) Almost two years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
2. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
(a) Lily Dale says she will teach school.
(b) Lily Dale says she will start teaching music.
(c) Lily Dale says she will become a seamstress in Munn's department store.
(d) Lily Dale says she will clean houses.
3. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a basketball player.
(b) Make him into a tennis player.
(c) Make him into a swimmer.
(d) Make him into a baseball player.
4. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about Will going to the bank?
(a) Pete says nothing.
(b) Pete says it is best if he and Lily Dale keep quiet.
(c) Pete says he thinks Will is going to have another heart attack.
(d) Pete says going to the bank is likely the best thing for Will.
5. Who does Lily Dale say she has been seeing again?
(a) Etta Doris.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The young man from Atlanta.
6. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
7. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
(b) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
(c) Carson says the picture looks faded.
(d) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
8. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
(a) Will says he's been mean as hell to her and he's sorry.
(b) Will says Lily Dale deserves everything she gets.
(c) Will says he feels distraught that he's been so ugly too her.
(d) Will says, "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."
9. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
10. What does Pete say before he and Carson leave?
(a) Maybe they should hurry up before Lily Dale gets back.
(b) He'll write often.
(c) He'll miss Will.
(d) Maybe they shouldn't leave until Lily Dale gets back.
11. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(a) Rose Violet.
(d) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
12. What family does the young man from Atlanta claim to have?
(a) A precious sister and a precious brother.
(b) A precious mother and a precious sister.
(c) A precious niece and a precious nephew.
(d) A precious nephew and a precious sister.
13. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
(a) The two are at each other's throats.
(b) The two are funny as can be.
(c) The two look and awful lot alike.
(d) The two are thick as thieves.
14. Why does Carson say Bill was well named?
(a) Because Bill was a straight-shooter.
(b) Because Bill was very plain.
(c) Because Bill had little sense of humor.
(d) Because Bill was a great kidder.
15. Why can Etta Doris no longer work?
(a) She has two broken legs.
(b) She has high blood pressure, arthritis and lower back pains.
(c) She has two broken arms.
(d) She is losing her mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
2. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
3. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
4. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
5. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)