|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
(a) The man says now is not a good time to start a new business.
(b) The man says now is a good time to start a new business.
(c) The man says he has never heard of any proposal so foolish.
(d) The man says Will has been a poor customer and is therefore unworthy of a loan.
2. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
3. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
4. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
(a) There are things Will would have to ask him, and he doesn't want to know the answers.
(b) Will is embarrased that Lily Dale has given him so much money.
(c) Will doesn't like the way he looks.
(d) Will refuses to dignify con artists.
5. Why does Lily Dale say she gave the young man money behind Will's back?
(a) Lily Dale says the young man is her son.
(b) Lily Dale says she has been having an affair with the young man.
(c) Lily Dale says she felt sorry for the young man.
(d) Lily Dale says the young man blackmailed her.
6. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
(a) Since he was eighteen.
(b) Since he was sixteen.
(c) Since he was twelve.
(d) Since he was fourteen.
7. What does Lily Dale think of the young man at the end of the play?
(a) Lily Dale thinks he's a sweet boy.
(b) Lily Dale thinks he's just awful.
(c) Lily Dale thinks he's amusing.
(d) Lily Dale thinks he's mysterious.
8. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
(a) Will says Pete is a good for nothing.
(b) Will says he has nothing to live for and storms out.
(c) Will says he'll bluff his way through the bank meeting.
(d) Will strikes Lily Dale.
9. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
(a) Lily Dale says she will become a seamstress in Munn's department store.
(b) Lily Dale says she will teach school.
(c) Lily Dale says she will start teaching music.
(d) Lily Dale says she will clean houses.
10. What does the young man say to Lily Dale about the day Bill went down in the water?
(a) The young man wishes he could have gone down in the water too.
(b) The young man says Bill is really alive.
(c) The young man says it was certainly accidental.
(d) The young man says it was suicide.
11. How long will Pete stay in Atlanta?
(a) Two or three days.
(b) Three or four days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Two weeks.
12. What does Will ask Pete for?
(a) Will asks Pete for his savings to show the bank he has cash on hand.
(b) Will asks Pete to stay in Houston.
(c) Will asks Pete for a ride to the bank.
(d) Will asks Pete to keep an eye on Lily Dale.
13. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
(a) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new house.
(b) Lily Dale asks Will to take her to Atlanta.
(c) Lily Dale asks that Will go speak to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale asks Will to keep their new car.
14. Who does Lily Dale say she has been seeing again?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Etta Doris.
(d) The young man from Atlanta.
15. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
(a) His father.
(c) His stepson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will call Tom?
2. What does Will say after he tells Lily Dale the meeting at the bank was just a courtesy thing?
3. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
4. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
5. Who is standing in the drive when Lily Dale pulls her car out?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)