|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete say before he and Carson leave?
(a) Maybe they should hurry up before Lily Dale gets back.
(b) Maybe they shouldn't leave until Lily Dale gets back.
(c) He'll miss Will.
(d) He'll write often.
2. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
(b) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
(c) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
(d) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
3. How does Will think he failed Bill?
(a) Will thinks he never gave Bill enough money.
(b) Will thinks he was too available for Bill.
(c) Will thinks he never taught Bill how to be a man.
(d) Will thinks he only wanted Bill to be like him.
4. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
(a) The man says now is a good time to start a new business.
(b) The man says he has never heard of any proposal so foolish.
(c) The man says Will has been a poor customer and is therefore unworthy of a loan.
(d) The man says now is not a good time to start a new business.
5. When Lily Dale tells Will what the doctor says about going to the bank, how does Will respond?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says to hell with the doctor.
(c) Will says the doctor is probably right and changes his mind.
(d) Will says he will get a new doctor.
6. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
(a) The two of them picked the men up while they were driving down Main Street.
(b) The two of them went to a hotel with the men.
(c) The two of them kissed with the men.
(d) The men they picked up were actually women.
7. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
(b) Cancelled checks.
(d) $100,000 cash.
8. How does Etta Doris describe Bill?
(a) A mean boy.
(b) A melancholy boy.
(c) A sweet boy.
(d) A happy boy.
9. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
10. What does Pete promise to do when he gets to Atlanta?
(a) Kiss his mother for Will.
(b) Buy Will a souvenir.
(c) Say hello to the relatives for Will.
(d) Call Will.
11. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
12. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(b) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(c) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
(d) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
13. Why can Etta Doris no longer work?
(a) She is losing her mind.
(b) She has high blood pressure, arthritis and lower back pains.
(c) She has two broken legs.
(d) She has two broken arms.
14. Where is the young man as of Lily Dale's conversation with Clara?
(a) The young man is in the study.
(b) The young man is at the YMCA.
(c) The young man is in the parlor.
(d) The young man is in Lily Dale's car.
15. How does Lily Dale propose to help out financially?
(a) Lily Dale says she will become a seamstress in Munn's department store.
(b) Lily Dale says she will start teaching music.
(c) Lily Dale says she will clean houses.
(d) Lily Dale says she will teach school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
2. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
3. What time does Pete say his wife would have to get up?
4. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
5. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)