|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(b) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
(c) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
(d) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
2. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
(a) Cancelled checks.
(d) $100,000 cash.
3. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
(a) Will says he never lived on Hawthorne.
(b) It was torn down.
(c) It was purchased by a young couple.
(d) It was burned to the ground.
4. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
(a) Lily Dale gives her money every month.
(b) She gets "old age."
(c) She depends on alms from the church.
(d) She receives money from a rich uncle.
5. Where does Carson say he used to go every night when he lived with Bill?
(a) The saloon.
(b) The brothel.
(c) The picture show.
(d) To church.
6. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
(b) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
(c) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
(d) Carson says the picture looks faded.
7. Why does Lily Dale say she has stopped seeing Mary Cunningham?
(a) Mary claims Lily Dale slept with one of the young men.
(b) Mary claims Lily Dale is a liar.
(c) Mary claims Pete tried to hit on her once.
(d) Mary claims Lily Dale stole her makeup.
8. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
(a) Lily Dale says the young man is no more a liar than Will.
(b) Lily Dale says she knows now and is sorry.
(c) Lily Dale says Will is wrong.
(d) Lily Dale says that may be but she needed comforting.
9. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
(a) The two look and awful lot alike.
(b) The two are funny as can be.
(c) The two are at each other's throats.
(d) The two are thick as thieves.
10. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
(a) When Will was sick ten years ago.
(b) When Will went to New York to visit his cousin.
(c) When Will went to Chicago on a business trip.
(d) When Will went to Atlanta with Pete.
11. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(a) Rose Violet.
(b) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
12. How long will Pete stay in Atlanta?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three or four days.
(d) Two or three days.
13. What does Pete promise to do when he gets to Atlanta?
(a) Call Will.
(b) Buy Will a souvenir.
(c) Say hello to the relatives for Will.
(d) Kiss his mother for Will.
14. What does Pete tell Will about the money?
(a) Pete says all of the money has been spent.
(b) Pete says Will can have all of the money.
(c) Pete says Lily Dale gave his savings to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Pete says he has already committed ten thousand of his savings, but Will is welcome to the rest.
15. What does Will tell Ted about accepting a job at Sunshine with less responsibility?
(a) Will tells Ted to take his proposal and stuff it.
(b) Will says he may come in to the office and discuss it when he's feeling stronger.
(c) Will weepingly accepts Ted's offer.
(d) Will ignores Ted entirely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will call?
2. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
3. What does the man at the bank say about Will's proposal?
4. What bank is Will going to downtown?
5. What does Will ask Pete for?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)