|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's eyes were?
2. Why is Will going to the bank?
(a) To withdraw all of his money.
(b) To rob the joint.
(c) To apply for a job.
(d) To talk about getting a loan for a new business.
3. Where does Lily Dale tell Will she's been?
(a) Window shopping downtown.
(b) Speaking to the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Getting her hair done.
(d) Visiting with Ted.
4. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man?
(a) That he'll pay him $5,000 to leave.
(b) That he'll pay him $100,000 to leave.
(c) That he'll pay him $10,000 to leave.
(d) To go away and leave them alone.
5. What does the doctor say about Will's trip to the bank?
(a) The doctor says it's probably fine for Will to go to the bank.
(b) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least another month.
(c) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least two more weeks.
(d) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least three more weeks.
6. When is Will's meeting at Sunshine produce?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Late morning.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Early afternoon.
7. What time is Pete leaving for Atlanta?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
8. How does Will respond to Pete's news about his savings?
(a) Will says he'll bluff his way through the bank meeting.
(b) Will strikes Lily Dale.
(c) Will says he has nothing to live for and storms out.
(d) Will says Pete is a good for nothing.
9. What does Clara's friend tell her about Eleanor Roosevelt?
(a) That she does not actually exist.
(b) That she was never involved in the Disappointment Clubs.
(c) That she is a hateful woman.
(d) That she was the founder of the Disappointment Clubs.
10. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
(a) Help him back to his room.
(b) Run to the ice cream parlor.
(c) Lock the door behind him.
(d) Run to the grocery store.
11. Where is the young man as of Lily Dale's conversation with Clara?
(a) The young man is in the study.
(b) The young man is in Lily Dale's car.
(c) The young man is in the parlor.
(d) The young man is at the YMCA.
12. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
(a) The men they picked up were actually women.
(b) The two of them picked the men up while they were driving down Main Street.
(c) The two of them went to a hotel with the men.
(d) The two of them kissed with the men.
13. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
(b) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(c) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(d) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
14. What does the young man say to Lily Dale about the day Bill went down in the water?
(a) The young man says Bill is really alive.
(b) The young man says it was suicide.
(c) The young man wishes he could have gone down in the water too.
(d) The young man says it was certainly accidental.
15. Why does Carson say Bill was well named?
(a) Because Bill was very plain.
(b) Because Bill was a straight-shooter.
(c) Because Bill was a great kidder.
(d) Because Bill had little sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
2. What does Pete say before he and Carson leave?
3. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
4. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
5. What does Pete tell Will about the money?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)