|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
(b) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
(c) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
(d) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
2. Who does the young man from Atlanta say wanted to room with him at the YMCA.
3. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(b) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
(c) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
(d) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
4. How long does Carson say he has been driving?
(a) Since he was twelve.
(b) Since he was eighteen.
(c) Since he was fourteen.
(d) Since he was sixteen.
5. What time does Pete say his wife would have to get up?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Three o'clock.
6. What does Pete say before he and Carson leave?
(a) Maybe they shouldn't leave until Lily Dale gets back.
(b) Maybe they should hurry up before Lily Dale gets back.
(c) He'll miss Will.
(d) He'll write often.
7. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In one month.
(b) In six months.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) In one year.
8. Why does Lily Dale say she gave the young man money behind Will's back?
(a) Lily Dale says she has been having an affair with the young man.
(b) Lily Dale says the young man blackmailed her.
(c) Lily Dale says she felt sorry for the young man.
(d) Lily Dale says the young man is her son.
9. Why does Will call Tom?
(a) To sever ties with him.
(b) To ask after his wife's health.
(c) To sever ties with the company.
(d) To make way for him to return to the company.
10. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(b) Will says, "welcome home!"
(c) Will tells her to get out.
(d) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
11. How does Lily Dale say she deceived Will?
(a) She and her cousin Mary had two men over to the house.
(b) She and her cousin robbed a bank.
(c) She and her cousin went to a brothel.
(d) She and her cousin went on a spending spree in Dallas.
12. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
(b) The backyard.
13. What does the doctor say about Will's trip to the bank?
(a) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least two more weeks.
(b) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least another month.
(c) The doctor says Will should stay home for at least three more weeks.
(d) The doctor says it's probably fine for Will to go to the bank.
14. How does Will describe the age of the man at the bank?
(a) Lily Dale's age.
(b) Older than Pete.
(c) Younger than Carson.
(d) Will's age.
15. What is the last thing Will says to Tom?
(a) Take care.
(b) I'll see you soon.
(c) Go screw yourself.
(d) I hope you die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
2. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
3. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
4. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
5. Why can Etta Doris no longer work?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)