|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
2. What is the only other time Lily Dale claims to have deceived Will?
(a) When Will went to Chicago on a business trip.
(b) When Will was sick ten years ago.
(c) When Will went to New York to visit his cousin.
(d) When Will went to Atlanta with Pete.
3. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
(a) She says she likes the one on Hawthorne better.
(b) She says the couple must be prospering if they are living in such a nice house.
(c) She says the house is too "yellow."
(d) She says the house looks like Eleanor Roosevelt's.
4. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
(a) Carson's daughter.
(b) Carson's sister.
(c) Carson's mother.
(d) Carson's cousin.
5. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are being restored.
(b) The buildings are being torn down.
(c) The buildings are being burned.
(d) The buildings are falling apart.
6. What does Carson say when Will asks if they will be seeing the young man again?
(c) "Over my dead body."
(d) "Might be."
7. Where does Carson pick up his clothes?
(a) The saloon.
(b) The YMCA.
(d) Pete's room.
8. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about Will going to the bank?
(a) Pete says going to the bank is likely the best thing for Will.
(b) Pete says nothing.
(c) Pete says it is best if he and Lily Dale keep quiet.
(d) Pete says he thinks Will is going to have another heart attack.
9. What time does Pete say his wife would have to get up?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
10. What did Will find in Bill's safety deposit box?
(a) Cancelled checks.
(b) $100,000 cash.
11. What color does Etta Doris say Bill's hair was?
12. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a basketball player.
(b) Make him into a swimmer.
(c) Make him into a baseball player.
(d) Make him into a tennis player.
13. What does Will tell Ted about accepting a job at Sunshine with less responsibility?
(a) Will ignores Ted entirely.
(b) Will says he may come in to the office and discuss it when he's feeling stronger.
(c) Will weepingly accepts Ted's offer.
(d) Will tells Ted to take his proposal and stuff it.
14. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
(b) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(c) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
(d) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
15. Why does Carson say Bill was well named?
(a) Because Bill was a great kidder.
(b) Because Bill was a straight-shooter.
(c) Because Bill had little sense of humor.
(d) Because Bill was very plain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
2. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
3. What does Pete say his wife would do for him even after she became sick?
4. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
5. What does Will say he lied to Lily Dale about?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)