|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Pete loaning her the money?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) For a new car.
(c) For an operation.
(d) For a new house.
2. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
(a) Will says his stomach hurts.
(b) Will says he'll eat later.
(c) Will says he's starving.
(d) Will says he will only throw the food up.
3. Where does Carson say he used to go every night when he lived with Bill?
(a) The picture show.
(b) The saloon.
(c) The brothel.
(d) To church.
4. What does Will say after he tells Lily Dale the meeting at the bank was just a courtesy thing?
(a) Will says he feels like dying.
(b) Will says he's lost his spirit.
(c) Will says he feels younger than ever.
(d) Will says he's back in the game.
5. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
(b) His father.
(c) His stepson.
6. What does Lily Dale ask Pete when Will leaves to get dressed for his trip to the bank?
(a) Lily Dale asks if she should call Will's doctor.
(b) Lily Dale asks Pete if he loves her.
(c) Lily Dale asks if she can go to Atlanta with Pete.
(d) Lily Dale asks if she can have some money for the young man from Atlanta.
7. When does the man at the bank suggest Will return?
(a) In one year.
(b) In six months.
(c) In one month.
(d) In six weeks.
8. How does Etta Doris remember Bill?
(a) Etta Doris remembers him to have been lively and inquisitive.
(b) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been very selfish.
(c) Etta Doris does not remember Bill.
(d) Etta Doris remembers Bill to have been quite effiminate.
9. Where does Carson say he saw Bill's roommate the previous day?
(a) At the YMCA.
(b) Outside the Kidders' house.
(c) At the picture show.
(d) At a saloon.
10. Where does Lily Dale say she and Will lived when Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) On Brooks.
(b) On Hawthorne.
(c) On Rose.
(d) On Hinkle.
11. What does the young man from Atlanta say about Carson's allegations?
(a) The young man says Carson is jealous of him.
(b) The young man says he has never even heard of Carson.
(c) The young man says Carson is a spy.
(d) The young man says Carson is hiding something.
12. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
13. When Lily Dale says Will won't like her flirting with other men, what does Mary say?
(a) Mary says Will is unfaithful to Lily Dale.
(b) Mary says Will wouldn't really mind.
(c) Mary says what Will doesn't know won't hurt him.
(d) Mary says Will would be happy if she's happy.
14. What does Will ask Pete for?
(a) Will asks Pete to stay in Houston.
(b) Will asks Pete for a ride to the bank.
(c) Will asks Pete for his savings to show the bank he has cash on hand.
(d) Will asks Pete to keep an eye on Lily Dale.
15. Where does Lily Dale go at the end of the scene?
(d) The backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say his meeting at the bank was?
2. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her the young man from Atlanta is a liar?
3. Upon discovering Lily Dale has gone downtown, what does Will guess she is doing?
4. What time is Pete leaving for Atlanta?
5. What does Etta Doris say about Will and Lily Dale's new house?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)