|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pete is loaning $5,000 to whom?
(a) Carson's sister.
(b) Carson's cousin.
(c) Carson's mother.
(d) Carson's daughter.
2. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
(b) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
(c) Carson says the picture looks faded.
(d) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
3. How does Will excuse himself from his meeting with Etta Doris?
(a) Will says he is feeling tired.
(b) Will says he is feeling nauseous.
(c) Will says he is dizzy.
(d) Will says Etta Doris is boring him to tears.
4. Why does Will refuse to speak to the young man from Atlanta?
(a) Will doesn't like the way he looks.
(b) Will is embarrased that Lily Dale has given him so much money.
(c) There are things Will would have to ask him, and he doesn't want to know the answers.
(d) Will refuses to dignify con artists.
5. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(b) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
(c) Pete decides he is ready to die.
(d) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
6. Where does Lily Dale say she and Will lived when Etta Doris worked for them?
(a) On Brooks.
(b) On Hawthorne.
(c) On Hinkle.
(d) On Rose.
7. Who is the only Bill that Will cares to know about?
(a) The Bill who fought for his country.
(b) The Bill that Will and Lily Dale knew.
(c) The real Bill that was involved with the young man from Atlanta.
(d) The Bill who decided to walk into the lake.
8. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about Will going to the bank?
(a) Pete says it is best if he and Lily Dale keep quiet.
(b) Pete says nothing.
(c) Pete says going to the bank is likely the best thing for Will.
(d) Pete says he thinks Will is going to have another heart attack.
9. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are falling apart.
(b) The buildings are being torn down.
(c) The buildings are being restored.
(d) The buildings are being burned.
10. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
(a) Kind of weak.
(b) Kind of excited.
(c) Kind of happy.
(d) Kind of sad.
11. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
(a) Will says Lily Dale deserves everything she gets.
(b) Will says, "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."
(c) Will says he feels distraught that he's been so ugly too her.
(d) Will says he's been mean as hell to her and he's sorry.
12. What does Will ask Carson to do before he and Pete leave?
(a) Run to the grocery store.
(b) Lock the door behind him.
(c) Help him back to his room.
(d) Run to the ice cream parlor.
13. What new information does Lily Dale tell Will about about the night in question with Mary?
(a) The two of them went to a hotel with the men.
(b) The two of them picked the men up while they were driving down Main Street.
(c) The two of them kissed with the men.
(d) The men they picked up were actually women.
14. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
15. What is the first thing Will says to Etta Doris?
(a) Will says, "welcome home!"
(b) Will says he doesn't remember her.
(c) Will tells her to get out.
(d) Will says he's thrilled to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lily Dale say Etta Doris worked for them?
2. What "one last favor" does Lily Dale ask of Will?
3. When is Will's meeting at Sunshine produce?
4. What does Clara say about Pete and Carson?
5. Pete says Carson reminds him of whom?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)