|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lily Dale tell Will she's been?
(a) Getting her hair done.
(b) Speaking to the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Window shopping downtown.
(d) Visiting with Ted.
2. What does Will say after he tells Lily Dale the meeting at the bank was just a courtesy thing?
(a) Will says he's lost his spirit.
(b) Will says he feels like dying.
(c) Will says he's back in the game.
(d) Will says he feels younger than ever.
3. How is Will feeling at the end of the scene?
(a) Kind of excited.
(b) Kind of sad.
(c) Kind of happy.
(d) Kind of weak.
4. What does Carson tell Pete about the picture of Bill that Will and Lily Dale have?
(a) Carson says it doesn't look like the Bill he knew.
(b) Carson says the picture looks very ragged.
(c) Carson says it looks just like Bill.
(d) Carson says the picture looks faded.
5. How does Etta Doris survive now that she can't work?
(a) She depends on alms from the church.
(b) Lily Dale gives her money every month.
(c) She gets "old age."
(d) She receives money from a rich uncle.
6. What does Will say about his behavior toward Lily Dale?
(a) Will says Lily Dale deserves everything she gets.
(b) Will says he's been mean as hell to her and he's sorry.
(c) Will says he feels distraught that he's been so ugly too her.
(d) Will says, "well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."
7. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about Will going to the bank?
(a) Pete says going to the bank is likely the best thing for Will.
(b) Pete says he thinks Will is going to have another heart attack.
(c) Pete says nothing.
(d) Pete says it is best if he and Lily Dale keep quiet.
8. What does Etta Doris say Will was bound and determined to do with his son?
(a) Make him into a baseball player.
(b) Make him into a basketball player.
(c) Make him into a swimmer.
(d) Make him into a tennis player.
9. Who does Etta Doris work for now?
(b) Rose Violet.
(d) Etta Doris' health is poor and she cannot work.
10. When Pete asks if Will wants to eat, what does Will say?
(a) Will says his stomach hurts.
(b) Will says he will only throw the food up.
(c) Will says he'll eat later.
(d) Will says he's starving.
11. Why does Lily Dale say she has stopped seeing Mary Cunningham?
(a) Mary claims Pete tried to hit on her once.
(b) Mary claims Lily Dale slept with one of the young men.
(c) Mary claims Lily Dale stole her makeup.
(d) Mary claims Lily Dale is a liar.
12. What does Pete decide to do after talking with Carson about Atlanta?
(a) Pete decides to slip away to Atlanta for a few days.
(b) Pete decides to throw Carson out.
(c) Pete decides to write a letter to his relatives.
(d) Pete decides he is ready to die.
13. Why does Pete say she had to get up so early?
(a) Because Pete had to be at work by four o'clock.
(b) Because Pete had to be at work by seven-thirty.
(c) Because Pete had to be at work by five o'clock.
(d) Because Pete had to be at work by five-thirty.
14. How does Will describe the man at the bank's manner?
(a) Will says he was rude.
(b) Will says he was polite.
(c) Will says he was scattered.
(d) Will says he was cold.
15. What does Etta Doris say it seems is happening to all the old buildings in Houston?
(a) The buildings are falling apart.
(b) The buildings are being burned.
(c) The buildings are being restored.
(d) The buildings are being torn down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will describe the age of the man at the bank?
2. What does Will say happened to their house on Hawthorne?
3. What does the doctor say about Will's trip to the bank?
4. What does Will say his meeting at the bank was?
5. What time is Pete leaving for Atlanta?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)