|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
(a) Seven nights.
(b) Six nights.
(c) Four nights.
(d) Five nights.
2. Where is Will at the top of the play?
(a) On the street waiting for the trolley.
(b) In his living room drinking coffee.
(c) At his desk looking at house plans.
(d) In his garage working on his Packard.
3. Where does Will discover the young man from Atlanta is staying?
(a) At the Atlanta YMCA.
(b) Down the street from the Kidders.
(c) At the Houston YMCA.
(d) In the upstairs bedroom of the Kidder house.
4. How many times does Tom say he met Bill?
(a) Two times.
(b) Tom never met Bill.
(c) Three times.
(d) One time.
5. What's the name of Carson's younger sister?
6. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about her financial situation?
(a) Pete says Will is making their troubles out to be worse than they actually are.
(b) Pete says Will and Lily Dale are in very bad shape.
(c) Pete says he and Lily Dale's mother had to contend with worse conditions.
(d) Pete says Will and Lily Dale will certainly pull out of it.
7. Nothing fires Will up like what?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Fine cars.
8. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta is?
(a) A swindler.
(b) A fine upstanding man.
(c) An okay guy.
(d) A bum.
9. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
(a) Will and Lily Dale have separated.
(b) Will isn't half speaking to Lily Dale.
(c) Will and Lily Dale are laughing and playing together like they did when they first met.
(d) Will and Lily Dale have made up.
10. Why does Lily Dale call the doctor?
(a) The young man from Atlanta shows up on the doorstep bleeding.
(b) Pete has heart trouble.
(c) Will has heart trouble.
(d) She goes into labor.
11. What does Will say about his family's financial situation after his father died?
(a) Will says they came into money from Aunt Mary.
(b) Will says they inherited a great deal of money from his father's life insurance policy.
(c) Will says they had "some" money.
(d) Will says they were dirt poor.
12. Who calls Will while he's talking to Tom?
(c) Lily Dale.
(d) The young man from Atlanta.
13. How does Will say he feels about Tom?
(a) Will says he feels like Tom's son.
(b) Will says he feels close to Tom.
(c) Will says he feels very resentful of Tom.
(d) Will says he feels very jealous of Tom.
14. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta's relationship to Bill is?
(a) Will says the young man is Bill's cousin.
(b) Will says the young man is Bill's former roommate.
(c) Will says the young man is Bill's former racquetball partner.
(d) Will says the young man is Bill's lover.
15. Who has an epileptic child according to Clara?
(a) Clara's brother.
(b) Clara's daughter.
(d) Clara's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
2. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
3. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that Bill was like a what to him?
4. What's Susette's "burden"?
5. What does Lily Dale say Bill would ask her the minute he got home for Christmas?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)