|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ted promoting?
(c) The young man from Atlanta.
2. What does Pete say his job was?
3. Where is Allie from?
(c) Glen Flora.
(d) East Columbia.
4. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
(a) He doesn't care much for either of them.
(b) He is quite fond of both of them.
(c) He thinks they are like owls.
(d) He thinks they are like elephants.
5. When Lily Dale asks Will when her new car is arriving, what does he say?
(a) Will says it arrived earlier in the afternoon.
(b) Will says that may have to wait awhile.
(c) Will says it will arrive next week.
(d) Will says it will arrive next month.
6. What's the name of Carson's younger sister?
7. With what does Will say his late brother was obsessed?
(b) All of the above.
8. Why does Will believe Bill committed suicide?
(a) Will says Bill was always deeply depressed.
(b) Will says Bill never learned to swim.
(c) Will says Bill left a note.
(d) Will says Bill always looked both ways before crossing the street.
9. Why does Lily Dale call the doctor?
(a) The young man from Atlanta shows up on the doorstep bleeding.
(b) Will has heart trouble.
(c) She goes into labor.
(d) Pete has heart trouble.
10. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
(a) That the young man should be ashamed for killing Bill.
(b) That the young man should send money.
(c) That the young man should come over some night for dinner.
(d) That the Kidders want nothing more to do with him.
11. How old does Will say he was when he went to work for Sunshine?
12. What does Will say Lily Dale has become since Bill's death?
(a) Extremely religious.
(b) Extremely happy.
(c) Extremely disconnected.
(d) Extremely touchy.
13. What offer does Tom make to Will?
(a) Tom offers Will $250,000.
(b) Tom offers Will $25,000.
(c) Tom offers Will an all expense paid trip to Europe to speed his recovery.
(d) Tom offers Will a new job at the company with less responsibility.
14. What does the young man from Atlanta tell Lily Dale Bill had become before the drowning?
(a) Very drunk.
(b) Very easy going.
(c) Very religious.
(d) Very easily angered.
15. What does Carson say when Pete asks him about Bill's becoming religious?
(a) Carson says he thinks Bill was a fool.
(b) Carson says Bill's praying used to drive him crazy.
(c) Carson says he went to church with Bill every Sunday.
(d) Carson says it's the first he's heard about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
2. What is Will's attitude about the New Deal?
3. What does Will do with the check Tom left him?
4. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about her financial situation?
5. What does Tom arrive with?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)