|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will discover the young man from Atlanta is staying?
(a) At the Houston YMCA.
(b) In the upstairs bedroom of the Kidder house.
(c) Down the street from the Kidders.
(d) At the Atlanta YMCA.
2. How old does Will say he was when he went to work for Sunshine?
3. What's the name of Carson's oldest sister?
4. Who calls Will while he's talking to Tom?
(a) The young man from Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale.
5. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
(a) He thinks they are like owls.
(b) He doesn't care much for either of them.
(c) He thinks they are like elephants.
(d) He is quite fond of both of them.
6. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
(a) Will says he can talk to Lily Dale about it some other time.
(b) Will says it does him good to talk about it.
(c) Will says they should talk about something else.
(d) Will says nothing.
7. How does Will say Bill died?
(a) Will says Bill died of an unknown cause.
(b) Will says Bill died of a heart attack.
(c) Will says Bill was hit by a bus.
(d) Will says Bill walked into a lake and drowned.
8. Does Pete believe in God?
(a) Not since his wife died.
(c) Never in his life.
(d) Not since he was orphaned.
9. What does Pete say his job was?
10. How does Will sleep, according to Lily Dale?
(a) Will sleeps the whole night through.
(b) Will sleep walks.
(c) Will does not sleep.
(d) Will tosses and turns all night long.
11. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about her financial situation?
(a) Pete says Will and Lily Dale are in very bad shape.
(b) Pete says he and Lily Dale's mother had to contend with worse conditions.
(c) Pete says Will and Lily Dale will certainly pull out of it.
(d) Pete says Will is making their troubles out to be worse than they actually are.
12. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
(a) Four nights.
(b) Six nights.
(c) Seven nights.
(d) Five nights.
13. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
(a) By burning their houses down.
(b) By painting their door posts.
(c) By telling their secrets around town.
(d) By not showing up for work.
14. How does Will say the company weathered the Depression?
(a) Will says the company just stayed afloat.
(b) With flying colors.
(c) With moderate success.
(d) Very poorly.
15. How old is Will?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will say Bill came back to them after being a bombardier?
2. What does Will say he thinks is the cause of his sour mood?
3. Where does Will say Bill was when he died?
4. What is Will's attitude about the New Deal?
5. Who does Lily Dale say started the Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)