|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hasn't Lily Dale gone near the piano since Bill died?
(a) It seems too significant.
(b) It seems too cruel.
(c) It seems too frivolous.
(d) It seems too emotional.
2. What does Will say Lily Dale has become since Bill's death?
(a) Extremely touchy.
(b) Extremely disconnected.
(c) Extremely happy.
(d) Extremely religious.
3. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
(a) Five nights.
(b) Seven nights.
(c) Six nights.
(d) Four nights.
4. Where is Carson staying?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) Will and Lily Dale's house.
(c) Clara's house.
(d) The Houston Hilton.
5. According to Lily Dale how did Allie's husband kill himself?
(a) By drowning.
(b) By immolation.
(c) By poison.
(d) By hanging.
6. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
(a) Will and Lily Dale are laughing and playing together like they did when they first met.
(b) Will isn't half speaking to Lily Dale.
(c) Will and Lily Dale have made up.
(d) Will and Lily Dale have separated.
7. Why does Lily Dale call the doctor?
(a) The young man from Atlanta shows up on the doorstep bleeding.
(b) Will has heart trouble.
(c) Pete has heart trouble.
(d) She goes into labor.
8. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
(a) He thinks they are like owls.
(b) He thinks they are like elephants.
(c) He doesn't care much for either of them.
(d) He is quite fond of both of them.
9. How does Will say the company weathered the Depression?
(a) With flying colors.
(b) Very poorly.
(c) Will says the company just stayed afloat.
(d) With moderate success.
10. How does Will say his wife's brother lost his second son?
(a) He joined a cult.
(b) In an air raid over Germany.
(c) To alcoholism.
(d) In a boating accident.
11. What does Clara ask when Lily Dale says she is a nervous wreck?
(a) "Where's your Christian faith?"
(b) "Would you like some peach cobbler?"
(c) "Where's your stress ball?"
(d) "Would you like some more coffee?"
12. What does Clara tell Lily Dale at the top of this scene?
(a) Egg caserole is for breakfast.
(b) Lily Dale's new car is in the driveway.
(c) The young man from Atlanta came by again looking for Lily Dale.
(d) Will is at the hospital.
13. According to the young man from Atlanta, who could be heard praying all over his boarding house every morning?
(b) The young man himself.
(c) Miss Ruth.
14. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says he can talk to Lily Dale about it some other time.
(c) Will says they should talk about something else.
(d) Will says it does him good to talk about it.
15. Has Clara ever heard of the maids organizing Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
(a) From one or two people.
(c) Yes, frequently.
(d) Clara hears many conflicting claims.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
2. Who does Lily Dale say started the Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
3. What does Lily Dale say she wishes Bill could see?
4. Where is Allie from?
5. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that Bill was like a what to him?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)