|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Allie Temple kill herself?
(a) She steps in front of a trolley.
(b) She takes poison.
(c) She stabs herself in the heart.
(d) She jumps off the Post Office.
2. Why does Lily Dale call the doctor?
(a) The young man from Atlanta shows up on the doorstep bleeding.
(b) Will has heart trouble.
(c) She goes into labor.
(d) Pete has heart trouble.
3. According to Carson, Bill's roommate was always doing what?
(a) Helping out around the house.
4. From what company is Pete retired?
(a) Southern Pacific Railway.
(b) Davenport and Kidder, attorneys at law.
(c) Sunshine Produce.
(d) Houston Bank and Trust.
5. How old does Will say he was when he went to work for Sunshine?
6. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
(a) Will believes his family deserves the best of everything.
(b) Will says he can't take it with him.
(c) Will paid for the house with an inheritance from his father.
(d) Will believes he's about to get very lucky in the market.
7. How does Will say Bill died?
(a) Will says Bill died of a heart attack.
(b) Will says Bill died of an unknown cause.
(c) Will says Bill was hit by a bus.
(d) Will says Bill walked into a lake and drowned.
8. Where is Carson staying?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) Will and Lily Dale's house.
(c) Clara's house.
(d) The Houston Hilton.
9. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that Bill was like a what to him?
(a) A nephew.
(b) A father.
(c) A son.
(d) A brother.
10. Where does Will say Bill was when he died?
11. What are Will's religious beliefs?
(a) Will believes in God, but can't stand church.
(b) Will has mixed feelings about church, but believes in God zealously.
(c) Will doesn't know if he believes in God, but he hates church.
(d) Will doesn't believe in God, but loves church.
12. Who does Lily Dale say started the Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) The young man from Atlanta.
13. How long does the doctor say it will be before Will can return to work?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least six weeks.
(c) At least three months.
(d) At least twelve months.
14. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
(a) Will says he can talk to Lily Dale about it some other time.
(b) Will says it does him good to talk about it.
(c) Will says they should talk about something else.
(d) Will says nothing.
15. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carson say when Pete asks him about Bill's becoming religious?
2. How does Will say he feels about Tom?
3. According to Will, what is the largest city in the South?
4. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
5. Where is Allie from?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)