Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily Dale help the young man from Atlanta?
(a) She loans him money.
(b) She gives him breakfast every morning.
(c) She gives him piano lessons.
(d) She prays for him daily.
2. What does Pete tell Lily Dale about her financial situation?
(a) Pete says Will and Lily Dale are in very bad shape.
(b) Pete says Will and Lily Dale will certainly pull out of it.
(c) Pete says Will is making their troubles out to be worse than they actually are.
(d) Pete says he and Lily Dale's mother had to contend with worse conditions.
3. From what company is Pete retired?
(a) Houston Bank and Trust.
(b) Davenport and Kidder, attorneys at law.
(c) Southern Pacific Railway.
(d) Sunshine Produce.
4. What does Will say about Bill's job?
(a) Will says Bill loved his job.
(b) Will could never figure out what Bill's job was.
(c) Will believes Bill was selling drugs.
(d) Will says Bill made a lot of money at his job.
5. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
(a) His car.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His savings.
(d) His duplex.
6. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
(a) That the young man should come over some night for dinner.
(b) That the young man should send money.
(c) That the young man should be ashamed for killing Bill.
(d) That the Kidders want nothing more to do with him.
7. Why hasn't Lily Dale gone near the piano since Bill died?
(a) It seems too cruel.
(b) It seems too significant.
(c) It seems too emotional.
(d) It seems too frivolous.
8. What is Will going to do now that he's fired?
(a) Will is going to move to Atlanta.
(b) Will is going to start his own company.
(c) Will is going to kill himself.
(d) Will is going to tuck his tail and hide.
9. What does Will say he thinks is the cause of his sour mood?
(a) He hasn't eaten.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) He had a disgusting dinner.
(d) He's tired.
10. What does the young man from Atlanta tell Lily Dale Bill had become before the drowning?
(a) Very easily angered.
(b) Very religious.
(c) Very easy going.
(d) Very drunk.
11. What is Will's attitude about the New Deal?
(a) Will has never heard of the New Deal.
(b) Will has no opinion about the New Deal.
(c) Will thinks it's bad.
(d) Will thinks it's great.
12. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
(a) Will says they should talk about something else.
(b) Will says it does him good to talk about it.
(c) Will says he can talk to Lily Dale about it some other time.
(d) Will says nothing.
13. In what year does the play begin?
14. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
15. Who calls Will while he's talking to Tom?
(b) Lily Dale.
(d) The young man from Atlanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will say Bill died?
2. How long does the doctor say it will be before Will can return to work?
3. What does Tom arrive with?
4. Nothing fires Will up like what?
5. How does Will say he feels about Tom?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)