|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say when Lily Dale tells him the young man from Atlanta's story?
(a) "Well, now I've heard everything."
(b) "I can't believe you lied to me!"
(d) "I want a divorce."
2. Does Pete believe in God?
(a) Never in his life.
(b) Not since he was orphaned.
(c) Not since his wife died.
3. Who does Lily Dale say started the Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
(a) The young man from Atlanta.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Her mother.
4. Why hasn't Lily Dale gone near the piano since Bill died?
(a) It seems too significant.
(b) It seems too frivolous.
(c) It seems too emotional.
(d) It seems too cruel.
5. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that Bill was like a what to him?
(a) A father.
(b) A son.
(c) A brother.
(d) A nephew.
6. In what year does the play begin?
7. What does Lily Dale say when Will tells her who his replacement is at Sunshine Produce?
(a) Lily Dale says she can't believe Tom would accept the position.
(b) Lily Dale says Tom should be ashamed of himself.
(c) Lily Dale says she will go speak to Ted about promoting Tom.
(d) Lily Dale says Will hired and trained Tom.
8. Where does Will say Ted is more frequently than he is in the office?
(a) The track.
(b) The racquetball court.
(c) The golf course.
(d) The saloon.
9. Who does Clara say will take care of Lily Dale?
(d) Etta Doris.
10. What does Will say about Bill's job?
(a) Will believes Bill was selling drugs.
(b) Will could never figure out what Bill's job was.
(c) Will says Bill made a lot of money at his job.
(d) Will says Bill loved his job.
11. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
12. What does Lily Dale say Bill would ask her the minute he got home for Christmas?
(a) Bill would ask to say a prayer.
(b) Bill would ask what new pieces Lily Dale had composed.
(c) Bill would ask for money.
(d) Bill would ask, "When's dinner?"
13. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
(a) Will and Lily Dale are laughing and playing together like they did when they first met.
(b) Will isn't half speaking to Lily Dale.
(c) Will and Lily Dale have made up.
(d) Will and Lily Dale have separated.
14. What does Clara tell Lily Dale at the top of this scene?
(a) Lily Dale's new car is in the driveway.
(b) Will is at the hospital.
(c) The young man from Atlanta came by again looking for Lily Dale.
(d) Egg caserole is for breakfast.
15. What does Will ask Lily Dale for?
(a) Will asks her for the money he's given her for Easter.
(b) Will asks Lily Dale to move to Atlanta for a little while.
(c) Will asks her for the money he's given her for Christmas.
(d) Will asks her to start teaching piano again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
2. Why does Will believe Bill committed suicide?
3. What are Willa Thornton's religious beliefs?
4. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
5. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)