|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily Dale say she wishes Bill could see?
(a) Their new car.
(b) The new developments in Houston.
(c) Their beautiful art collection.
(d) Their new house.
2. How many children does Susette have?
3. The young man from Atlanta tells Lily Dale that Bill was like a what to him?
(a) A brother.
(b) A son.
(c) A father.
(d) A nephew.
4. How many children does Vivian have?
5. Has Clara ever heard of the maids organizing Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
(a) Yes, frequently.
(b) From one or two people.
(d) Clara hears many conflicting claims.
6. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
(a) Six nights.
(b) Seven nights.
(c) Four nights.
(d) Five nights.
7. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
(a) He is quite fond of both of them.
(b) He doesn't care much for either of them.
(c) He thinks they are like owls.
(d) He thinks they are like elephants.
8. Why does Will believe Bill committed suicide?
(a) Will says Bill never learned to swim.
(b) Will says Bill always looked both ways before crossing the street.
(c) Will says Bill was always deeply depressed.
(d) Will says Bill left a note.
9. What does Clara ask when Lily Dale says she is a nervous wreck?
(a) "Would you like some more coffee?"
(b) "Where's your Christian faith?"
(c) "Where's your stress ball?"
(d) "Would you like some peach cobbler?"
10. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
(a) His duplex.
(b) His savings.
(c) His car.
(d) His prayers.
11. How does Will say Bill came back to them after being a bombardier?
(a) Without his vision.
(b) Without a left leg.
(c) Without a right arm.
(d) Without a scratch.
12. What's the name of Carson's oldest sister?
13. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta's relationship to Bill is?
(a) Will says the young man is Bill's lover.
(b) Will says the young man is Bill's former roommate.
(c) Will says the young man is Bill's former racquetball partner.
(d) Will says the young man is Bill's cousin.
14. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
(a) By not showing up for work.
(b) By painting their door posts.
(c) By telling their secrets around town.
(d) By burning their houses down.
15. How does Will say his wife's brother lost his second son?
(a) He joined a cult.
(b) In a boating accident.
(c) In an air raid over Germany.
(d) To alcoholism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
2. Who calls Will while he's talking to Tom?
3. How does Will say he feels about Tom?
4. What does Sam Curtis say to Will about the young man from Atlanta?
5. When Lily Dale asks Will when her new car is arriving, what does he say?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)