|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Tom make to Will?
(a) Tom offers Will $25,000.
(b) Tom offers Will an all expense paid trip to Europe to speed his recovery.
(c) Tom offers Will $250,000.
(d) Tom offers Will a new job at the company with less responsibility.
2. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
(a) His duplex.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His car.
(d) His savings.
3. Who is Ted promoting?
(d) The young man from Atlanta.
4. How does Allie Temple kill herself?
(a) She takes poison.
(b) She jumps off the Post Office.
(c) She steps in front of a trolley.
(d) She stabs herself in the heart.
5. When does Will say Bill was his happiest?
(a) When he was playing the piano.
(b) When he was drinking.
(c) When he was sailing.
(d) When he was studying.
6. What is Will's opinion of the Roosevelts?
(a) He doesn't care much for either of them.
(b) He is quite fond of both of them.
(c) He thinks they are like owls.
(d) He thinks they are like elephants.
7. What does Tom arrive with?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A briefcase full of cash.
(d) A photo album.
8. What does Clara tell Lily Dale at the top of this scene?
(a) Egg caserole is for breakfast.
(b) Lily Dale's new car is in the driveway.
(c) The young man from Atlanta came by again looking for Lily Dale.
(d) Will is at the hospital.
9. What does Will say when Lily Dale tells him the young man from Atlanta's story?
(a) "I can't believe you lied to me!"
(b) "Well, now I've heard everything."
(d) "I want a divorce."
10. How long does the doctor say it will be before Will can return to work?
(a) At least three months.
(b) At least six months.
(c) At least six weeks.
(d) At least twelve months.
11. How does Will say Bill died?
(a) Will says Bill was hit by a bus.
(b) Will says Bill died of a heart attack.
(c) Will says Bill died of an unknown cause.
(d) Will says Bill walked into a lake and drowned.
12. When Lily Dale asks Will when her new car is arriving, what does he say?
(a) Will says it arrived earlier in the afternoon.
(b) Will says that may have to wait awhile.
(c) Will says it will arrive next week.
(d) Will says it will arrive next month.
13. Nothing fires Will up like what?
(b) Hard work.
(c) Fine cars.
(d) Beautiful women.
14. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
(a) Seven nights.
(b) Four nights.
(c) Six nights.
(d) Five nights.
15. Who does Will say is the only person in whom he can confide?
(a) The young man from Atlanta.
(b) Mr. Davenport.
(d) Lily Dale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Lily Dale gone near the piano since Bill died?
2. What does Will say he thinks is the cause of his sour mood?
3. Why does Lily Dale call the doctor?
4. What kind of person does Will feel he is at heart?
5. How does Will say his wife's brother lost his second son?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)