|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person does Will feel he is at heart?
(a) A simple man.
(b) An extravagant man.
(c) A great man.
(d) A pathetic man.
2. From what company is Pete retired?
(a) Sunshine Produce.
(b) Southern Pacific Railway.
(c) Davenport and Kidder, attorneys at law.
(d) Houston Bank and Trust.
3. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
(a) By not showing up for work.
(b) By painting their door posts.
(c) By telling their secrets around town.
(d) By burning their houses down.
4. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
5. Has Clara ever heard of the maids organizing Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
(a) Clara hears many conflicting claims.
(b) From one or two people.
(d) Yes, frequently.
6. What does Carson say when Pete asks him about Bill's becoming religious?
(a) Carson says he went to church with Bill every Sunday.
(b) Carson says he thinks Bill was a fool.
(c) Carson says it's the first he's heard about it.
(d) Carson says Bill's praying used to drive him crazy.
7. What offer does Tom make to Will?
(a) Tom offers Will $25,000.
(b) Tom offers Will $250,000.
(c) Tom offers Will an all expense paid trip to Europe to speed his recovery.
(d) Tom offers Will a new job at the company with less responsibility.
8. What does Tom arrive with?
(a) A briefcase full of cash.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
9. Why does Will believe Bill committed suicide?
(a) Will says Bill was always deeply depressed.
(b) Will says Bill left a note.
(c) Will says Bill always looked both ways before crossing the street.
(d) Will says Bill never learned to swim.
10. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
(a) Will paid for the house with an inheritance from his father.
(b) Will says he can't take it with him.
(c) Will believes his family deserves the best of everything.
(d) Will believes he's about to get very lucky in the market.
11. Where does Will say Ted is more frequently than he is in the office?
(a) The racquetball court.
(b) The saloon.
(c) The track.
(d) The golf course.
12. In what year does the play begin?
13. When does Will say Bill was his happiest?
(a) When he was sailing.
(b) When he was studying.
(c) When he was drinking.
(d) When he was playing the piano.
14. How old is Will?
15. According to Carson, Bill's roommate was always doing what?
(d) Helping out around the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will say he feels about Tom?
2. What does Will say about his family's financial situation after his father died?
3. How many times does Tom say he met Bill?
4. What does Sam Curtis say to Will about the young man from Atlanta?
5. Who does Clara say will take care of Lily Dale?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)