|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Tom say he met Bill?
(a) Two times.
(b) One time.
(c) Three times.
(d) Tom never met Bill.
2. What's Susette's "burden"?
(a) Her husband left her penniless.
(b) Two of her children are not quite right.
(c) She has polio.
(d) One of her children is a pyromaniac.
3. What does Clara ask when Lily Dale says she is a nervous wreck?
(a) "Would you like some more coffee?"
(b) "Where's your stress ball?"
(c) "Would you like some peach cobbler?"
(d) "Where's your Christian faith?"
4. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
(a) Will says nothing.
(b) Will says he can talk to Lily Dale about it some other time.
(c) Will says they should talk about something else.
(d) Will says it does him good to talk about it.
5. What does Lily Dale say Bill would ask her the minute he got home for Christmas?
(a) Bill would ask to say a prayer.
(b) Bill would ask what new pieces Lily Dale had composed.
(c) Bill would ask for money.
(d) Bill would ask, "When's dinner?"
6. What's the name of Carson's younger sister?
7. According to the young man from Atlanta, who could be heard praying all over his boarding house every morning?
(a) The young man himself.
(b) Miss Ruth.
8. In what branch of the military does Will say Bill volunteered?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
9. How does Will say Bill came back to them after being a bombardier?
(a) Without a scratch.
(b) Without a left leg.
(c) Without a right arm.
(d) Without his vision.
10. Where is Will at the top of the play?
(a) In his garage working on his Packard.
(b) At his desk looking at house plans.
(c) On the street waiting for the trolley.
(d) In his living room drinking coffee.
11. What does Will ask Pete to give him?
(a) His prayers.
(b) His life savings.
(c) His car.
(d) His duplex.
12. How old does Will say he was when he went to work for Sunshine?
13. How does Will say his wife's brother lost his second son?
(a) To alcoholism.
(b) He joined a cult.
(c) In an air raid over Germany.
(d) In a boating accident.
14. What does Will tell Lily Dale to tell the young man from Atlanta if he calls again?
(a) That the young man should send money.
(b) That the young man should be ashamed for killing Bill.
(c) That the Kidders want nothing more to do with him.
(d) That the young man should come over some night for dinner.
15. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta's relationship to Bill is?
(a) Will says the young man is Bill's former roommate.
(b) Will says the young man is Bill's lover.
(c) Will says the young man is Bill's former racquetball partner.
(d) Will says the young man is Bill's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will believe Bill committed suicide?
2. What does the young man from Atlanta tell Lily Dale Bill had become before the drowning?
3. What does Will say when Lily Dale tells him the young man from Atlanta's story?
4. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
5. What is Will's attitude about the New Deal?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)