|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an epileptic child according to Clara?
(a) Clara's sister.
(b) Clara's brother.
(d) Clara's daughter.
2. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
(a) Will and Lily Dale are laughing and playing together like they did when they first met.
(b) Will and Lily Dale have made up.
(c) Will and Lily Dale have separated.
(d) Will isn't half speaking to Lily Dale.
3. What does Will say about Bill's job?
(a) Will says Bill made a lot of money at his job.
(b) Will believes Bill was selling drugs.
(c) Will says Bill loved his job.
(d) Will could never figure out what Bill's job was.
4. How old does Will say he was when he went to work for Sunshine?
5. What does Will do with the check Tom left him?
(a) Will tears it up.
(b) Will deposits it.
(c) Will gives it to the young man from Atlanta.
(d) Will gives it to Pete.
6. What's Susette's "burden"?
(a) One of her children is a pyromaniac.
(b) Her husband left her penniless.
(c) She has polio.
(d) Two of her children are not quite right.
7. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
(a) His car.
(b) His prayers.
(c) His duplex.
(d) His savings.
8. What does Will say about his family's financial situation after his father died?
(a) Will says they inherited a great deal of money from his father's life insurance policy.
(b) Will says they had "some" money.
(c) Will says they came into money from Aunt Mary.
(d) Will says they were dirt poor.
9. How does Will say his wife's brother lost his second son?
(a) In an air raid over Germany.
(b) To alcoholism.
(c) In a boating accident.
(d) He joined a cult.
10. How does Lily Dale say the maids would disappoint their bosses?
(a) By not showing up for work.
(b) By burning their houses down.
(c) By painting their door posts.
(d) By telling their secrets around town.
11. How old does Will say Bill was when he died?
12. How many nights has Lily Dale gone without sleep?
(a) Seven nights.
(b) Four nights.
(c) Five nights.
(d) Six nights.
13. How does Will justify the immense cost of his new house?
(a) Will believes his family deserves the best of everything.
(b) Will paid for the house with an inheritance from his father.
(c) Will says he can't take it with him.
(d) Will believes he's about to get very lucky in the market.
14. What does Will say he thinks is the cause of his sour mood?
(a) He had a disgusting dinner.
(b) He's tired.
(c) He lost his job.
(d) He hasn't eaten.
15. Where does Will say Bill was when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the name of Carson's oldest sister?
2. What offer does Tom make to Will?
3. How does Will say the company weathered the Depression?
4. How many children does Vivian have?
5. According to Carson, Bill's roommate was always doing what?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)