|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily Dale help the young man from Atlanta?
(a) She prays for him daily.
(b) She loans him money.
(c) She gives him piano lessons.
(d) She gives him breakfast every morning.
2. Has Clara ever heard of the maids organizing Disappointment Clubs in Houston?
(b) From one or two people.
(c) Clara hears many conflicting claims.
(d) Yes, frequently.
3. From what company is Pete retired?
(a) Davenport and Kidder, attorneys at law.
(b) Sunshine Produce.
(c) Houston Bank and Trust.
(d) Southern Pacific Railway.
4. Where is Will at the top of the play?
(a) In his garage working on his Packard.
(b) On the street waiting for the trolley.
(c) In his living room drinking coffee.
(d) At his desk looking at house plans.
5. Where does Will say Ted is more frequently than he is in the office?
(a) The golf course.
(b) The track.
(c) The racquetball court.
(d) The saloon.
6. Why does Lily Dale call the doctor?
(a) Will has heart trouble.
(b) The young man from Atlanta shows up on the doorstep bleeding.
(c) Pete has heart trouble.
(d) She goes into labor.
7. What does Will say when Tom tells him not to talk about Bill if it upsets him?
(a) Will says he can talk to Lily Dale about it some other time.
(b) Will says it does him good to talk about it.
(c) Will says they should talk about something else.
(d) Will says nothing.
8. Who calls Will while he's talking to Tom?
(b) The young man from Atlanta.
(d) Lily Dale.
9. How are relations between Will and Lily Dale as of Carson's arrival?
(a) Will isn't half speaking to Lily Dale.
(b) Will and Lily Dale have separated.
(c) Will and Lily Dale have made up.
(d) Will and Lily Dale are laughing and playing together like they did when they first met.
10. What does the young man from Atlanta tell Lily Dale Bill had become before the drowning?
(a) Very drunk.
(b) Very easily angered.
(c) Very religious.
(d) Very easy going.
11. What does Will do with the check Tom left him?
(a) Will deposits it.
(b) Will gives it to the young man from Atlanta.
(c) Will gives it to Pete.
(d) Will tears it up.
12. How does Will sleep, according to Lily Dale?
(a) Will tosses and turns all night long.
(b) Will sleeps the whole night through.
(c) Will sleep walks.
(d) Will does not sleep.
13. How does Will say Bill died?
(a) Will says Bill walked into a lake and drowned.
(b) Will says Bill died of an unknown cause.
(c) Will says Bill was hit by a bus.
(d) Will says Bill died of a heart attack.
14. How old is Will?
15. According to Carson, Bill's roommate NEVER did what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say the young man from Atlanta's relationship to Bill is?
2. Who has an epileptic child according to Clara?
3. Who does Will say is the only person in whom he can confide?
4. How long does the doctor say it will be before Will can return to work?
5. What does Pete agree to give Lily Dale?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)