|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author feel while he was running away from the Fish Creek fire?
2. Where did the fire starters assume the Fish Creek fire would travel?
(a) To the edge of the lake.
(b) Up the tributary in a box canyon with cliffs.
(c) Into town.
(d) Into the deepest part of the forest.
3. Where did the Fish Creek fire actually burn?
(a) Across the back acres of the forest.
(b) Both up and down the tributary.
(c) Down the tributary.
(d) Through the forest to the town.
4. Who did the author believe started the forest fire at Fish Creek?
(a) Local hoodlums.
(b) The fire deparment.
(c) The sheep herders.
(d) The homesteaders.
5. For what did the fire fighters hope to use Fish Creek?
(a) A landing strip for airplanes.
(b) A starting point for wetting brush.
(c) A meeting place for firefighters.
(d) A fire line to stop the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the author first hear a voice in the fire during the Fish Creek fire?
2. What did Mrs. Brown say to the author when she opened the door?
3. Where had the author's boots come from?
4. For what organization did the Smokejumpers work?
5. What did the ghost do to the author while the two were on the mountainside?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)