|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what organization did the Smokejumpers work?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Forest Service.
(d) The National Guard.
2. In the Fish Creek fire, where was the author standing when the fire jumped?
(a) On the other side of the lake.
(b) At the exact place of the jump.
(c) Behind the fire chief near the water.
(d) Near the fire truck.
3. When did the author first notice the Mann Gulch fire?
(a) August, 1948.
(b) July, 1949.
(c) August, 1949.
(d) June, 1949.
4. How old was the author when he joined the Forest Service?
5. When did the author work for the Forest Service?
(a) During the Korean War.
(b) During World War II.
(c) During college.
(d) During World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say he saw while fighting the Fish Creek fire?
2. How did the author answer the question that the voice in the fire had asked?
3. Where did the Fish Creek fire actually burn?
4. When did the author first hear a voice in the fire during the Fish Creek fire?
5. What was the severely burned deer doing as the author watched?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)