|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Maclean meet who finally makes the connection for him to Robert Sallee?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A personnel director.
(c) A French-Canadian nurse.
(d) A registrar.
2. According to Sallee and Rumsey, toward the end of their run, how many times did the smoke part in order for them to see the top of the ridge?
(a) Many times.
(c) Two or three times.
(d) Four or five times.
3. Who was the first man to begin tagging the bodies laying along the hill at Mann Gulch?
4. What did Gisborne want to do on Mann Gulch?
(a) Examine the area around the river.
(b) Test a theory of fire whirls.
(c) See it from a firefighter's point of view.
(d) See the markers of the lost men.
5. Where did the firefighters go as the fire spread toward them in Fish Creek?
(a) They backed up to the sidehill trail.
(b) They backed up to the foot of the mountain.
(c) They backed up to the fire station.
(d) They backed up to the water's edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sallee and Rumsey run to get out of the fire's path?
2. What happened to Jansson after the Mann Gulch fire?
3. What sculptor's piece stands at the University of Chicago commemorating the Atomic Age?
4. What were the two nonhuman elements Maclean said were left after sight and fear were gone?
5. What is a "fire whirl?"
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)