|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown know who is with the animals in the forest?
2. How does Brown feel when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
3. What does Brown hear his wife ask others for?
4. Where are the people from who have before used the item Goody Cloyse takes from the man in the forest?
5. Who knows about deviltry according to the people with the animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goody Cloyse ask the man in the forest for?
2. Please describe what happens when Brown makes his vow.
3. What strange thing does Brown notice when the staff is replaced?
4. What does Brown ask of his wife in the forest?
5. What does the man in the forest say when Brown’s wife is mentioned?
6. What does Brown hear when he gets to the gathering?
7. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
8. What causes Brown to make his vow?
9. How does Brown get to the gathering?
10. How does Brown respond to knowing his wife is in danger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
There are some strong messages sent by the author in this book. What do you think the main message of this story is?
Essay Topic 3
The man in the forest focuses a lot on his staff. What is the significance of this?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)