|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the man in the forest’s old staff?
2. Who does Brown say he is racing towards in the forest?
3. How does Brown know who is with the animals in the forest?
4. What forms when Brown makes a vow?
5. What shocks Brown when he hears the men with the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goody Cloyse complain to the man in the forest about?
2. What does Goody Cloyse need help with in the forest?
3. What do we learn about the man in the forest from Goody Cloyse?
4. How does Brown know Goody Cloyse?
5. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
6. How does Goody Cloyse get out of the forest?
7. How does the man in the forest replace his staff?
8. Where does Brown first see his wife in the forest?
9. What is the gathering like?
10. Why does Goody Cloyse mention wolfsbane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are some historical figures included in this book. Who are they, and what effect does this inclusion have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Faith does not want Brown to leave at the beginning of the book. Why is this, and what does this foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
The man in the forest focuses a lot on his staff. What is the significance of this?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)