|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown get to his wife?
2. What alarming sound does Brown hear after hearing his wife ask for something?
3. Why does Goody Cloyse take something from the man in the forest?
4. Where was Goody Cloyse when something was stolen from her?
5. Who tells us who the man in the forest is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shows Brown that his wife is in danger?
2. What is the gathering like?
3. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
4. What does the man in the forest say when Brown’s wife is mentioned?
5. What does Goody Cloyse complain to the man in the forest about?
6. How does Brown feel when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
7. What does Brown do when Goody Cloyse comes on the scene?
8. How does Goody Cloyse get out of the forest?
9. Why does Goody Cloyse mention wolfsbane?
10. What do we learn about the man in the forest from Goody Cloyse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The man in the forest knows some of Brown’s family members. Who does he know connected with Brown, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Goody Cloyse is a very important character in the story. Why is this, and what message does her presence send?
Essay Topic 3
This is a very unique setting. Where is the story placed, and what affect do you think this has on the book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)