|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
2. What is the man in the forest carrying?
3. How does Brown travel on his journey?
4. What word does Brown use repeatedly to describe the forest?
5. What color is Brown’s wife wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brown doing at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Faith do at the beginning of the book?
3. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s grandfather?
4. How does Brown feel when he meets with the man in the forest?
5. What is the relationship between Brown and his wife like?
6. What is Brown’s response to his wife’s request?
7. What is Brown chastised for by the man in the forest?
8. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s father?
9. Where is Brown going?
10. What does Brown say that makes the man in the forest laugh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Colors are mentioned a number of times in the book. What are some of these colors, and what significance do they have?
Essay Topic 3
Hyperbole is a literary device used a lot in this story. What are some examples of this and how does this affect the story line?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)