|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Brown leaving?
2. How does Brown’s wife act as he leaves?
3. Why does Brown think his wife is distrusting of him?
4. What does the man in the forest keep Brown from doing?
5. How does Brown feel as he talks to the man in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Brown so afraid as he enters the forest?
2. What does the man in the forest want Brown to do?
3. Why does Brown think Faith doesn’t trust him?
4. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s father?
5. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s grandfather?
6. What is Brown’s response to his wife’s request?
7. What does Brown admire about his wife as he leaves?
8. What is the relationship between Brown and his wife like?
9. What strange illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
10. Why does Brown say he should not be talking to the man in the forest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The man in the forest knows some of Brown’s family members. Who does he know connected with Brown, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Colors are mentioned a number of times in the book. What are some of these colors, and what significance do they have?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)