|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Brown been married?
2. What animal does Brown think he sees with the man in the forest?
3. How does the man in the forest describe his relationship with Brown’s father?
4. How does the man in the forest describe his relationship with Brown’s grandfather?
5. Who is with the Browns at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Brown’s grandfather do to a woman?
2. What does Brown say that makes the man in the forest laugh?
3. Why does Brown say he should not be talking to the man in the forest?
4. What does Brown admire about his wife as he leaves?
5. What strange illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
6. What is Brown’s response to his wife’s request?
7. What is the relationship between Brown and his wife like?
8. What does Faith do at the beginning of the book?
9. What is Brown doing at the beginning of the book?
10. What is holding Brown back from doing what the man in the forest wants him to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are some historical figures included in this book. Who are they, and what effect does this inclusion have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
The experience in the forest changes Brown quite a bit. What causes these changes and how does Brown cope with this later on?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)