|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goody Cloyse take something from the man in the forest?
(a) To hurt Brown.
(b) To take his power.
(c) Someone stole something from her.
(d) So she can get her power back.
2. How does Brown know who is with the animals in the forest?
(a) He can recognize their horses.
(b) He can see them.
(c) He can sense them.
(d) He can hear them.
3. What is the man in the forest’s reasoning for his answer to what Goody Cloyse asks him for?
(a) He has things to do.
(b) She still owes him.
(c) She is too late.
(d) He doesn’t help women.
4. How does Goody Cloyse describe the journey ahead of her?
5. How does Brown feel when he makes a vow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Goody Cloyse in the city?
2. How does the man in the forest help Goody Cloyse?
3. What color is the thing that floats down to Brown after hearing his wife?
4. Why does the man in the forest have to make a new staff?
5. What does Goody Cloyse ask the man in the forest for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gathering like?
2. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
3. What does Brown hear when he gets to the gathering?
4. Why does Goody Cloyse mention wolfsbane?
5. How does Brown feel when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
6. What does Brown do when Goody Cloyse comes on the scene?
7. What strange thing does Brown notice when the staff is replaced?
8. How does Brown know Goody Cloyse?
9. What does Brown vow when he is alone in the forest?
10. What does Brown ask of his wife in the forest?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)