|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the new staff is formed?
(a) It dries up.
(b) It bursts into flame.
(c) It makes strange noises.
(d) It glows.
2. How does Brown feel when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
3. How does the man in the forest make his staff?
(a) He builds it.
(b) He finds it.
(c) He forges it.
(d) He carves it.
4. Where are the people from who have before used the item Goody Cloyse takes from the man in the forest?
(d) South America.
5. How does Goody Cloyse react when she sees the man in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown call himself as he heads to his wife?
2. What does Brown vow to do?
3. Where was Goody Cloyse when something was stolen from her?
4. What floats down to Brown after hearing his wife ask for something?
5. What did Goody Cloyse use the item that was stolen from her for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gathering like?
2. What does Goody Cloyse ask the man in the forest for?
3. What does the man in the forest say when Brown’s wife is mentioned?
4. How does Goody Cloyse get out of the forest?
5. Please describe what happens when Brown makes his vow.
6. What strange thing does Brown notice when the staff is replaced?
7. How does Brown respond to knowing his wife is in danger?
8. What do we learn about the man in the forest from Goody Cloyse?
9. What does Goody Cloyse complain to the man in the forest about?
10. What does Brown ask of his wife in the forest?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)