|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Goody Cloyse think the man in the forest looks like?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The minister.
(d) Brown’s grandfather.
2. What does Brown call himself as he heads to his wife?
(a) The protection.
(b) The avenger.
(c) The horror of the night.
(d) The new member.
3. Why does Goody Cloyse take something from the man in the forest?
(a) To hurt Brown.
(b) So she can get her power back.
(c) Someone stole something from her.
(d) To take his power.
4. Where was Goody Cloyse when something was stolen from her?
(a) Her home.
(b) The church.
(c) Her barn.
(d) The fields.
5. How does Goody Cloyse describe the person who stole something from her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of exotic person will be with the people with the animals?
2. Who mentions wolfsbane?
3. Who anointed Goody Cloyse?
4. What is Gookin’s title?
5. What does Brown hear his wife ask others for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goody Cloyse mention wolfsbane?
2. What does Brown vow when he is alone in the forest?
3. How does the man in the forest replace his staff?
4. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
5. What strange thing does Brown notice when the staff is replaced?
6. What does Goody Cloyse complain to the man in the forest about?
7. Where does Brown first see his wife in the forest?
8. How does Goody Cloyse get out of the forest?
9. What does Goody Cloyse ask the man in the forest for?
10. How does Brown know Goody Cloyse?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)