|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been stolen from Goody Cloyse?
(a) Her bag.
(b) Her broomstick.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her Bible.
2. Who helps Goody Cloyse in the city?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The Deacon.
(c) The minister.
(d) The clerk.
3. What is the man in the forest’s reasoning for his answer to what Goody Cloyse asks him for?
(a) She is too late.
(b) She still owes him.
(c) He has things to do.
(d) He doesn’t help women.
4. What does Brown do when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
(a) Offers some help.
(b) Hides his face.
(c) Runs to greet her.
(d) Hides in the trees.
5. What does Brown vow to do?
(a) Join the meeting.
(b) Help his wife.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Take a stand against the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goody Cloyse use the item that was stolen from her for?
2. Where are the people from who have before used the item Goody Cloyse takes from the man in the forest?
3. How does the man in the forest make his staff?
4. Where are people who will be with the people with the animals coming from?
5. Who is the man in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing does Brown notice when the staff is replaced?
2. Please describe what happens when Brown makes his vow.
3. What causes Brown to make his vow?
4. How does Goody Cloyse react to the man in the forest?
5. What does Goody Cloyse ask the man in the forest for?
6. What is the gathering like?
7. What does Brown do when Goody Cloyse comes on the scene?
8. What shows Brown that his wife is in danger?
9. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
10. How does Goody Cloyse get out of the forest?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)