|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown vow to do?
(a) Take a stand against the devil.
(b) Help his wife.
(c) Join the meeting.
(d) Have a child.
2. Why does Goody Cloyse take something from the man in the forest?
(a) Someone stole something from her.
(b) So she can get her power back.
(c) To take his power.
(d) To hurt Brown.
3. What forms when Brown makes a vow?
(a) A tree.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A snake.
(d) A flame.
4. What happens when Goody Cloyse takes something from the man in the forest?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is healed.
(c) She changes shape.
(d) She disappears.
5. What did Goody Cloyse use the item that was stolen from her for?
(a) Making spells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the forest make his staff out of?
2. Who mentions wolfsbane?
3. What does the man in the forest say when he hears who Brown doesn’t want to harm?
4. Who has the man in the forest’s old staff?
5. How does Goody Cloyse react when she sees the man in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
2. What does Brown hear when he gets to the gathering?
3. Please describe what happens when Brown makes his vow.
4. How does Goody Cloyse react to the man in the forest?
5. How does Goody Cloyse get out of the forest?
6. What is the gathering like?
7. What does Goody Cloyse need help with in the forest?
8. What does Goody Cloyse complain to the man in the forest about?
9. What does the man in the forest say when Brown’s wife is mentioned?
10. Where does Brown first see his wife in the forest?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)