|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with the animals Brown hears in the forest?
(a) The minister.
(b) Goody Cloyse.
(d) The deacon.
2. What Biblical figure used what Goody Cloyse takes from the man in the forest?
(b) The Magi.
3. Who makes the sounds Brown hears when he makes a vow?
(b) The man in the forest.
(c) The townspeople.
(d) His wife.
4. How does Brown feel when something floats down to him?
5. What floats down to Brown after hearing his wife ask for something?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A feather.
(c) A photo.
(d) A bonnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knows about deviltry according to the people with the animals?
2. What is Wolfsbane?
3. What is Gookin’s title?
4. Who is the man in the forest?
5. Why does Goody Cloyse leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goody Cloyse mention wolfsbane?
2. How does Goody Cloyse react to the man in the forest?
3. What does Goody Cloyse complain to the man in the forest about?
4. What does Brown do when Goody Cloyse comes on the scene?
5. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
6. What does Goody Cloyse need help with in the forest?
7. What do we learn about the man in the forest from Goody Cloyse?
8. What strange thing does Brown notice when the staff is replaced?
9. What does Brown vow when he is alone in the forest?
10. What is the gathering like?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)