|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man in the forest?
(a) A ghost.
(b) The devil.
(c) We don’t know.
(d) An angel.
2. Who does Brown say he is racing towards in the forest?
(a) His wife.
(b) The devil.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The minions of the devil.
3. What shocks Brown when he hears the men with the horses?
(a) He has been seen.
(b) They are involved with deviltry.
(c) They know the man in the forest.
(d) He knows them.
4. What causes Brown to make a vow?
(a) Listening to the men with the animals.
(b) Seeing his wife.
(c) Remembering the man in the forest.
(d) Using the staff.
5. What alarming sound does Brown hear after hearing his wife ask for something?
(a) A roar.
(b) A pounding fist.
(c) A thud.
(d) A scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who anointed Goody Cloyse?
2. How does Brown know who is with the animals in the forest?
3. What is the man in the forest’s reasoning for his answer to what Goody Cloyse asks him for?
4. What does the man in the forest say when Goody Cloyse asks her for something?
5. What does Brown call himself as he heads to his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shows Brown that his wife is in danger?
2. How does Brown get to the gathering?
3. What does Brown vow when he is alone in the forest?
4. Why does Goody Cloyse mention wolfsbane?
5. How does Brown feel when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
6. How does Brown know Goody Cloyse?
7. Please describe what happens when Brown makes his vow.
8. What do we learn about the man in the forest from Goody Cloyse?
9. How does Goody Cloyse react to the man in the forest?
10. Why does Brown feel the way he does about seeing Goody Cloyse in the forest?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)