|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brown say his wife looks as he leaves?
2. How does Brown feel as he starts out on the path?
3. What is the man in the forest carrying?
(a) A box.
(b) A cross.
(c) A book.
(d) A staff.
4. What is the title for Brown’s wife?
5. When does Brown’s wife say he should leave?
(b) After dinner.
(c) Next week.
(d) The morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Brown think he sees with the man in the forest?
2. What illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
3. How did Brown’s grandfather hurt a woman?
4. What does the man in the forest want Brown to listen to?
5. What word does Brown use repeatedly to describe the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brown doing at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Brown feel when he meets with the man in the forest?
3. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s grandfather?
4. How does Brown feel when he hears about the people in town who know the man in the forest?
5. What is the relationship between Brown and his wife like?
6. What is Brown chastised for by the man in the forest?
7. Why is Brown so afraid as he enters the forest?
8. What is Brown’s response to his wife’s request?
9. What strange illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
10. What does Faith ask of Brown?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)