|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Brown’s grandfather hurt a woman?
(a) She stole from him.
(b) She hurt his child.
(c) She was a witch.
(d) She wouldn’t marry him.
2. How does Brown’s wife act before he leaves?
(a) All of the above.
3. What does Brown sense in the branches of the trees?
4. What article of clothing does Brown notice on his wife?
(a) Her skirt.
(b) Her apron.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Her cap.
5. What color is Brown’s wife wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown’s wife do just before he leaves?
2. Where does Brown live?
3. How does Brown speak with the man in the forest?
4. Where does Brown’s path lie?
5. How does Brown describe what he is doing as he leaves his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown feel when he meets with the man in the forest?
2. Who in town does the man in the forest say he knows?
3. What is Brown doing at the beginning of the book?
4. Why is the man in the forest laughing at Brown?
5. How does Brown feel when he hears about the people in town who know the man in the forest?
6. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s father?
7. What did Brown’s father burn down?
8. Why does Brown say he should not be talking to the man in the forest?
9. Please describe the man in the forest.
10. What did Brown’s grandfather do to a woman?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)