|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brown’s grandfather hurt a woman?
(a) At the church.
(b) In her home.
(c) In the streets.
(d) On a ship.
2. What is Brown afraid of encountering in the forest?
(a) The devil.
(b) All of the above.
3. Why does Brown think his wife is distrusting of him?
(a) They haven’t been married very long.
(b) It is late.
(c) He has been caught in lies.
(d) Rumors were spread about him.
4. How does the man in the forest describe his relationship with Brown’s father?
(a) They are partners.
(b) They are friends.
(c) All of the above.
(d) They are family.
5. Why is Brown leaving?
(a) )We do not know yet.
(b) To do a business transaction.
(c) To work some fields.
(d) To get some training.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown’s wife watch him as he leaves?
2. How long has Brown been married?
3. What illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
4. What is the think the man in the forest is carrying made of?
5. Why does Brown say he doesn’t want to do what the man in the forest tells him to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faith ask of Brown?
2. What is holding Brown back from doing what the man in the forest wants him to?
3. Please describe the man in the forest.
4. Who in town does the man in the forest say he knows?
5. Why does Brown think Faith doesn’t trust him?
6. Why does Brown say he should not be talking to the man in the forest?
7. What strange illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
8. Why is the man in the forest laughing at Brown?
9. What does Faith do at the beginning of the book?
10. Why is Brown so afraid as he enters the forest?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)