|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown compare his wife to as he is leaving?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A child.
(c) An angel.
(d) A teacher.
2. What color is Brown’s wife wearing?
3. What word does Brown use repeatedly to describe the forest?
4. How does Brown speak with the man in the forest?
(d) Simple and direct.
5. How did Brown’s grandfather hurt a woman?
(a) By shooting her.
(b) By lashing hurt.
(c) By hitting her.
(d) By starving her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these men are under control of the man in the forest?
2. Who convinced Brown’s grandfather to hurt a woman?
3. How does Brown’s wife act before he leaves?
4. What religion is the woman hurt by Brown’s grandfather?
5. What is the man in the forest carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Faith do at the beginning of the book?
2. What is holding Brown back from doing what the man in the forest wants him to?
3. What is Brown’s response to his wife’s request?
4. Why does Brown say he should not be talking to the man in the forest?
5. What does Brown admire about his wife as he leaves?
6. What is Brown doing at the beginning of the book?
7. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s grandfather?
8. What is the relationship between Brown and his wife like?
9. What does the man in the forest want Brown to do?
10. Why is Brown so afraid as he enters the forest?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)