|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brown feel as he talks to the man in the forest?
2. How does Brown travel on his journey?
(a) He runs.
(b) He takes a carriage.
(c) He walks.
(d) He rides a horse.
3. What does Brown compare his wife to as he is leaving?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An angel.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A child.
4. When does Brown say he will be home?
(a) Before nightfall.
(b) By morning.
(c) Next week.
(d) Next month.
5. What does Brown see dangling in the breeze from his wife?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A loose thread.
(c) A hair.
(d) A ribbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Brown’s father help to burn something down?
2. What does Brown sense in the branches of the trees?
3. What illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
4. What is the think the man in the forest is carrying made of?
5. What color is Brown’s wife wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Brown going?
2. Why is Brown so afraid as he enters the forest?
3. What did Brown’s grandfather do to a woman?
4. What does Faith do at the beginning of the book?
5. What strange illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
6. What does Brown say that makes the man in the forest laugh?
7. How does Brown feel when he meets with the man in the forest?
8. What did Brown’s father burn down?
9. How does the man in the forest know Brown’s grandfather?
10. What does Brown admire about his wife as he leaves?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)