|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown hear his wife ask others for?
(c) A new husband.
(d) A favor.
2. What color is the thing that forms when Brown makes a vow?
3. What happens when Goody Cloyse takes something from the man in the forest?
(a) She dies.
(b) She disappears.
(c) She is healed.
(d) She changes shape.
4. What has been stolen from Goody Cloyse?
(a) Her bag.
(b) Her broomstick.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) Her cat.
5. Who is with the animals Brown hears in the forest?
(a) Goody Cloyse.
(b) The minister.
(d) The deacon.
6. How does Brown get to his wife?
(a) He steals a horse.
(b) He uses the staff.
(c) He follows the voices.
(d) He asks the man in the forest for help.
7. How does Brown feel when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
8. Where are the people with the animals going?
(a) A prison.
(b) A celebration.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A meeting.
9. What alarming sound does Brown hear after hearing his wife ask for something?
(a) A scream.
(b) A thud.
(c) A roar.
(d) A pounding fist.
10. Where was Goody Cloyse anointed?
(a) Her home.
(b) The church.
(c) The field.
(d) The forest.
11. What animal does Brown hear in the forest?
12. Who gets the new staff?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The man in the forest.
(d) Goody Cloyse.
13. What does Goody Cloyse ask the man in the forest for?
(a) The staff.
(b) His arm.
(d) Something to drink.
14. What does the man in the forest use his staff for?
(c) All of the above.
15. Where was Goody Cloyse when something was stolen from her?
(a) The church.
(b) Her barn.
(c) Her home.
(d) The fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Goody Cloyse in the city?
2. What happens as the new staff is formed?
3. Who makes the man in the forest’s staff?
4. What religion does Brown follow?
5. Why does Goody Cloyse take something from the man in the forest?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)