|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Goody Cloyse describe the journey ahead of her?
2. How does Goody Cloyse react when she sees the man in the forest?
3. Where are the people from who have before used the item Goody Cloyse takes from the man in the forest?
(a) South America.
4. Who helps Goody Cloyse in the city?
(a) The clerk.
(b) The Deacon.
(c) The minister.
(d) The mayor.
5. Who is being welcomed that night according to the people with the animals?
(a) A small boy.
(b) A young lady.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A minister.
6. How does Brown feel when something floats down to him?
7. What alarming sound does Brown hear after hearing his wife ask for something?
(a) A thud.
(b) A scream.
(c) A roar.
(d) A pounding fist.
8. Why does Goody Cloyse take something from the man in the forest?
(a) Someone stole something from her.
(b) To take his power.
(c) To hurt Brown.
(d) So she can get her power back.
9. What religion does Brown follow?
10. Where was Goody Cloyse when something was stolen from her?
(a) The fields.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her barn.
(d) The church.
11. How does Brown know who is with the animals in the forest?
(a) He can see them.
(b) He can hear them.
(c) He can sense them.
(d) He can recognize their horses.
12. What was Goody Cloyse doing when something was stolen from her?
(a) Tending children.
(b) Making a potion.
13. How does the man in the forest make his staff?
(a) He finds it.
(b) He carves it.
(c) He builds it.
(d) He forges it.
14. How does Brown feel when he sees Goody Cloyse in the forest?
15. How does Brown get to his wife?
(a) He asks the man in the forest for help.
(b) He follows the voices.
(c) He uses the staff.
(d) He steals a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goody Cloyse take from the man in the forest?
2. What did Goody Cloyse use the item that was stolen from her for?
3. How does Goody Cloyse describe the person who stole something from her?
4. What Biblical figure used what Goody Cloyse takes from the man in the forest?
5. Why does Goody Cloyse leave?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)