|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goody Cloyse teach Brown?
(a) To read.
(b) To sing.
(c) To farm.
(d) To pray.
2. What floats down to Brown after hearing his wife ask for something?
(a) A feather.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A photo.
(d) A ribbon.
3. Where does Goody Cloyse live?
4. How does Brown feel when he makes a vow?
5. What does the man in the forest say when Goody Cloyse asks her for something?
(a) He says no.
(b) He readily agrees.
(c) He changes the subject.
(d) He just laughs.
6. How does the man in the forest help Goody Cloyse?
(a) He gives her food.
(b) He shows her the way.
(c) He leaves her alone.
(d) He gives her his staff.
7. Who anointed Goody Cloyse?
(b) The man in the forest.
(c) She never says.
(d) The minister.
8. Who makes the sounds Brown hears when he makes a vow?
(b) His wife.
(c) The man in the forest.
(d) The townspeople.
9. How does the man in the forest make his staff?
(a) He carves it.
(b) He builds it.
(c) He finds it.
(d) He forges it.
10. What is Wolfsbane?
(a) A crop.
(b) A book.
(c) An herb.
(d) An animal.
11. What causes Brown to make a vow?
(a) Listening to the men with the animals.
(b) Remembering the man in the forest.
(c) Seeing his wife.
(d) Using the staff.
12. What kind of adviser has Goody Cloyse been to Brown?
(a) All of the above.
13. Who is with the animals Brown hears in the forest?
(a) Goody Cloyse.
(b) The deacon.
(d) The minister.
14. What alarming sound does Brown hear after hearing his wife ask for something?
(a) A scream.
(b) A thud.
(c) A pounding fist.
(d) A roar.
15. What did Goody Cloyse use the item that was stolen from her for?
(d) Making spells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown say he is racing towards in the forest?
2. What is the man in the forest’s reasoning for his answer to what Goody Cloyse asks him for?
3. How does Brown describe the formation of the staff?
4. What animal does Brown hear in the forest?
5. Where was Goody Cloyse anointed?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)