|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in the forest make his staff out of?
(b) Obsidian stone.
(d) Maple wood.
2. Who has the man in the forest’s old staff?
(d) Goody Cloyse.
3. What is the man in the forest’s reasoning for his answer to what Goody Cloyse asks him for?
(a) She is too late.
(b) She still owes him.
(c) He has things to do.
(d) He doesn’t help women.
4. Who gets the new staff?
(a) Goody Cloyse.
(b) None of the above.
(d) The man in the forest.
5. Where are people who will be with the people with the animals coming from?
(a) All of the above.
(d) Rhode Island.
6. What happens when someone gets the new staff?
(a) The man disappears.
(b) The man cries out in anguish.
(c) There is a loud explosion.
(d) It gets suddenly dark.
7. What is Gookin’s title?
8. How does Goody Cloyse react when she sees the man in the forest?
9. What does the man in the forest say when he hears who Brown doesn’t want to harm?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He is disgusted at the weakness.
(c) He doesn’t want to harm her either.
(d) He says Brown is a good husband.
10. How does Brown feel when he sees the animals in the forest?
11. How does Goody Cloyse describe the journey ahead of her?
12. Who is the man in the forest?
(a) We don’t know.
(b) An angel.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The devil.
13. What kind of exotic person will be with the people with the animals?
(b) All of the above.
14. What does the man in the forest use his staff for?
(c) All of the above.
15. Who tells us who the man in the forest is?
(a) Goody Cloyse.
(b) The narrator.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Young Goodman Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does someone get the new staff?
2. What shocks Brown when he hears the men with the horses?
3. What was Goody Cloyse doing when something was stolen from her?
4. Who is with the animals Brown hears in the forest?
5. Where are the people with the animals going?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)