|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wolfsbane?
(a) A book.
(b) An herb.
(c) An animal.
(d) A crop.
2. What floats down to Brown after hearing his wife ask for something?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) A photo.
(c) A feather.
(d) A ribbon.
3. What Biblical figure used what Goody Cloyse takes from the man in the forest?
(d) The Magi.
4. How does the man in the forest make his staff?
(a) He carves it.
(b) He finds it.
(c) He forges it.
(d) He builds it.
5. Where was Goody Cloyse anointed?
(a) The church.
(b) The field.
(c) The forest.
(d) Her home.
6. Why does Goody Cloyse leave?
(a) She has done her business there.
(b) All of the above.
(c) She is late to a meeting.
(d) She is weak.
7. What does Brown vow to do?
(a) Take a stand against the devil.
(b) Help his wife.
(c) Join the meeting.
(d) Have a child.
8. How does Brown know who is with the animals in the forest?
(a) He can recognize their horses.
(b) He can sense them.
(c) He can see them.
(d) He can hear them.
9. What does the man in the forest use his staff for?
(c) All of the above.
10. Where does Goody Cloyse live?
11. How does someone get the new staff?
(a) They take it.
(b) They are given it.
(c) They make it.
(d) They buy it.
12. Who makes the man in the forest’s staff?
(c) This is never fully explained.
(d) Goody Cloyse.
13. What kind of exotic person will be with the people with the animals?
(a) All of the above.
14. How does Brown feel when something floats down to him?
15. What animal does Brown hear in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in the forest’s reasoning for his answer to what Goody Cloyse asks him for?
2. How does Goody Cloyse describe the journey ahead of her?
3. What does Goody Cloyse take from the man in the forest?
4. Who is with the animals Brown hears in the forest?
5. What color is the thing that floats down to Brown after hearing his wife?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)