|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illusion does Brown see while with the man in the forest?
(a) The box glows.
(b) The staff moves.
(c) The man’s face changes.
(d) The light turns red.
2. Why did Brown’s grandfather hurt a woman?
(a) She was a witch.
(b) She stole from him.
(c) She hurt his child.
(d) She wouldn’t marry him.
3. What public position is under the control of the man in the forest?
(a) The senate.
(b) The court.
(c) The city council.
(d) The patriarch.
4. When does Brown’s wife say he should leave?
(a) After dinner.
(b) Next week.
(d) The morning.
5. How does Brown feel for his wife as he leaves?
(b) Sorry for her.
6. What is the think the man in the forest is carrying made of?
(d) All of the above.
7. How is the man in the forest described by the narrator?
8. How does the man in the forest describe his relationship with Brown’s grandfather?
(a) All of the above.
(b) They are family.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are partners.
9. What is the title for Brown’s wife?
10. What is Brown’s wife’s name?
11. How does Brown speak with the man in the forest?
(a) Simple and direct.
12. How does the man in the forest describe his relationship with Brown’s father?
(a) They are partners.
(b) They are friends.
(c) All of the above.
(d) They are family.
13. How does Brown feel about his journey?
14. How old is the man in the forest?
15. How does Brown’s wife act as he leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown’s wife watch him as he leaves?
2. What does the man in the forest do with Brown?
3. Who convinced Brown’s father to help burn something down?
4. Why does the man in the forest tell Brown about his father and grandfather?
5. What is Brown looking for on his journey?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)