|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brown leaving?
(a) )We do not know yet.
(b) To do a business transaction.
(c) To work some fields.
(d) To get some training.
2. What is Brown’s wife dreading as he leaves?
(a) Having a child.
(b) Sleeping alone.
(c) Working the fields.
(d) Writing letters.
3. What is the title for Brown’s wife?
4. What word does Brown use repeatedly to describe the forest?
5. How does Brown travel on his journey?
(a) He walks.
(b) He rides a horse.
(c) He runs.
(d) He takes a carriage.
6. Where does Brown think he sees danger looming at the beginning of the book?
(a) Behind the house.
(b) In his barn.
(c) His pocket.
(d) In the trees.
7. What does Brown’s wife wear on her head?
(a) A wimple.
(b) A wrap.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bonnet.
8. Why does Brown say he doesn’t want to do what the man in the forest tells him to?
(a) Nobody in his family has.
(b) His job would be at stake.
(c) All of the above.
(d) It would worry his mother.
9. What religion is the woman hurt by Brown’s grandfather?
10. How did Brown’s grandfather hurt a woman?
(a) By hitting her.
(b) By lashing hurt.
(c) By shooting her.
(d) By starving her.
11. What does Brown see dangling in the breeze from his wife?
(a) A loose thread.
(b) A hair.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A ribbon.
12. How is the man in the forest described by the narrator?
13. What does Brown sense in the branches of the trees?
14. How does Brown’s wife act as he leaves?
15. How does Brown’s wife act before he leaves?
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brown looking for on his journey?
2. What kind of home does Brown have?
3. Where does Brown’s path lie?
4. Who does the man in the forest remind the narrator of?
5. What does Brown compare his wife to as he is leaving?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)