|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is Brown leaving?
(a) The evening.
(b) The afternoon.
(c) The middle of the night.
(d) The morning.
2. What did Brown’s father help to burn down?
(a) A church.
(b) A hut.
(c) A ship.
(d) A village.
3. What animal does Brown think he sees with the man in the forest?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A cat.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A snake.
4. Why did Brown’s grandfather hurt a woman?
(a) She wouldn’t marry him.
(b) She was a witch.
(c) She stole from him.
(d) She hurt his child.
5. How did Brown’s father help to burn something down?
(a) He stood on watch.
(b) He brought the wood.
(c) He tracked down the location.
(d) He lit the torch.
6. How does Brown’s wife act as he leaves?
7. How is the man in the forest described by the narrator?
8. When does Brown say he will be home?
(a) Next month.
(b) Next week.
(c) Before nightfall.
(d) By morning.
9. How long has Brown been married?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
10. Who was King when Brown’s father helped to burn something down?
11. How does Brown feel as he talks to the man in the forest?
12. What is the title for Brown’s wife?
13. What word does Brown use repeatedly to describe the forest?
14. What color is Brown’s wife wearing?
15. What does the man in the forest keep Brown from doing?
(a) Killing himself.
(b) Continuing his journey.
(c) Signing a contract.
(d) Going back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown feel as he starts out on the path?
2. Who convinced Brown’s father to help burn something down?
3. What does Brown’s wife do just before he leaves?
4. When does Brown’s wife say he should leave?
5. Which of these men are under control of the man in the forest?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)