• Young Goodman Brown is leaving his home for a journey. His wife asks him to wait because she doesn’t want to sleep alone. He refuses.
• Brown sees his wife looking at him from the window when he leaves and feels bad for making her worry and fret.
• It is very dark, and Brown starts to feel strange and scared.
• Brown worries his wife has guessed the reason for his trek as it is not good and his wife is so angelic.
• Brown meets a man in the woods who gets upset at him for being late.
• Brown tells the man in the woods that he is late because of his wife.
• The staff of the old man looks as though it turns into a snake, but Brown chalks this up to an illusion.
• Brown starts to turn back, but the man stops him and says...
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)