|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do not provide long-term satisfaction?
2. What happens as the Kirbys prepare to leave?
3. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
4. What has Paul Sycamore brought upstairs?
5. What is contrasting about the guest(s) and the Sycamores?
Essay Topic 1
Ed is followed by a strange man.
Part 1) Who is this man? Why is he following Ed?
Part 2) How could audience members at the time this play is written relate to this?
Part 3) What role does this man play in the chaos and humiliation of the Kirbys towards the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
The play is written in 1936.
Part 1) What is significant about this time period in United States' history?
Part 2) How does this play relate to this time period and audiences of 1936?
Part 3) Describe American life in 1936, based on the families in this play.
Essay Topic 3
The play takes place in Grandpa Vanderhof's livingroom.
Part 1) How does the play open?
Part 2) How does the audience or reader learn about each character? Is this an effective introduction to each character? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why might the playwrights have introduced them in this way?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)