Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
2. Why is what this person shows her important?
3. What do the family members think of Tony?
4. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
5. How does Tony feel about Alice's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandpa persuade Alice to do? How is he able to do this?
2. What does the doorbell announce? What might the audience members be thinking, before it is discovered who has rung the doorbell?
3. How does Essie respond to Ed's uncertainty? What does this say about Essie's character?
4. How is Tony beginning to act more like the Sycamore family? Why?
5. Who is Essie Carmichael? What is she doing in this scene? How does she fit seamlessly into the Sycamore family?
6. What do these strangers uncover? To what does this lead?
7. How does the family respond to this crisis? How does this prolong the hilarity of this scene for the audience?
8. What strangers arrive after the Kirbys? Why?
9. How does Penny try to ease tension? Why does this not work?
10. How has this family become so quirky and unusual?
Essay Topic 1
Gay is an actress.
Part 1) Why has she come to the home? How does she behave while she is there?
Part 2) Why would the Sycamores let such a person into their home? How does this show the beliefs and attitudes of the Sycamores?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
The Vanderhof/Sycamore family is very unique.
Part 1) How are they unique?
Part 2) Why do Alice and Tony love them? Why are they such an endearing family?
Part 3) Why might the playwrights have chosen such odd characters for this play? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Ed is a very unique individual.
Part 1) What does he do for a living? What unique hobbies does he have?
Part 2) How does he put these hobbies to use?
Part 3) Would most average adults take him seriously in any of his work or hobbies? Why or why not?
Part 4) How does his behavior and interests follow Grandpa's philosophy?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)