Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
2. Why is what this person shows her important?
3. What do the family members think of Tony?
4. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
5. How does Tony feel about Alice's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandpa persuade Alice to do? How is he able to do this?
2. What does the doorbell announce? What might the audience members be thinking, before it is discovered who has rung the doorbell?
3. How does Essie respond to Ed's uncertainty? What does this say about Essie's character?
4. How is Tony beginning to act more like the Sycamore family? Why?
5. Who is Essie Carmichael? What is she doing in this scene? How does she fit seamlessly into the Sycamore family?
6. What do these strangers uncover? To what does this lead?
7. How does the family respond to this crisis? How does this prolong the hilarity of this scene for the audience?
8. What strangers arrive after the Kirbys? Why?
9. How does Penny try to ease tension? Why does this not work?
10. How has this family become so quirky and unusual?
Ed is a very unique individual.
Part 1) What does he do for a living? What unique hobbies does he have?
Part 2) How does he put these hobbies to use?
Part 3) Would most average adults take him seriously in any of his work or hobbies? Why or why not?
Part 4) How does his behavior and interests follow Grandpa's philosophy?
Tony's parents are significant characters.
Part 1) What do they represent? How can the audience member and reader relate to them?
Part 2) Compare and contrast them to the Vanderhof/Sycamore family.
Part 3) How do the Kirbys change throughout the play? Why?
Part 4) How do you feel about this change in them? Why do you feel this way?
The entire family is arrested.
Part 1) Why? What takes place during their jail time?
Part 2) How does this arrest affect Alice? Does this arrest prove that Alice was right to believe her family could not be accepted in Tony's world? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will the Sycamores and Kirbys be able to move past this incident and become one cohesive family? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)