|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doorbell announce?
(a) The arrival of the agency men.
(b) The arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(c) The arrival of Gay Wellington.
(d) The arrival of Mr. Kirby.
2. Why does Tony make this decision?
(a) He is tired of the family difficulties.
(b) He no longer wants to be near either family.
(c) He cares more about his own family.
(d) He enjoys the convivial atmosphere of the household.
3. Why is Ed hesitant to leave the apartment?
(a) He has a fear of the outdoors.
(b) He is tired of his job.
(c) A man is following him wherever he goes now.
(d) He is not sure he has enough candy.
4. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Help with the painting project.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Work on fireworks.
(d) Make his candy deliveries.
5. Why does Paul descend again into the basement?
(a) He is afraid of open spaces.
(b) He is allergic to sunlight.
(c) He is nervous about being around too many people.
(d) To finish the fireworks order that must be driven to Mount Vernon tomorrow in time for the Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gay interested in?
2. Why will Tony not leave?
3. Who is the Grand Duchess Olga?
4. What happens to Grandpa's Internal Revenue Service problem?
5. Where might Tony have gotten the idea to leave the firm?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)