|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adds to the confusion in the house?
(a) Grandpa decides to move out.
(b) Mr. Kolenkhov arrives with his friend Grand Duchess Olga.
(c) Mr. Henderson arrives to collect the tax money from Grandpa.
(d) The house explodes again.
2. What does Essie want Ed to do?
(a) Go to work and enjoy himself.
(b) Return as soon as possible so that he can play the xylophone for her lesson with Mr. Kolenkhov.
(c) Quit his job and stay at home with her, dancing.
(d) Call the police and tell them that a strange man is following him.
3. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is angry.
4. Why does Paul descend again into the basement?
(a) To finish the fireworks order that must be driven to Mount Vernon tomorrow in time for the Fourth of July.
(b) He is nervous about being around too many people.
(c) He is afraid of open spaces.
(d) He is allergic to sunlight.
5. According to Grandpa, what should not be squelched?
(a) The desire to work hard.
(b) The need for wealth.
(c) Love of family.
(d) Youthful enthusiasm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Grand Duchess not had since leaving Russia?
2. What is Grandpa doing, amid all the chaos in the room?
3. What has been finalized?
4. To what does Tony admit?
5. To what does the family sit down?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)