|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Paul Sycamore brought upstairs?
(a) His new fireworks.
(b) His latest erector set creation of the Queen Mary.
(c) A present for his wife.
(d) His washed clothing.
2. Why is Ed hesitant to leave the apartment?
(a) He has a fear of the outdoors.
(b) A man is following him wherever he goes now.
(c) He is tired of his job.
(d) He is not sure he has enough candy.
3. Why is the visit unexpected?
(a) He was supposed to work late.
(b) Grandpa thought he had chased him away for good.
(c) They have come one night too early for their dinner invitation.
(d) She had forgotten her gin bottle in the living room.
4. To what does the family sit down?
(a) A performance by Essie, Ed, Mr. DePinna, and Paul.
(c) A performance by Essie.
5. What does Olga offer to do?
(a) Give Essie lessons for free.
(b) Give ballet lessons to the entire family.
(c) Perform for the family.
(d) Make blintzes for the dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tony trying to convince not to leave?
2. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
3. Who is the Grand Duchess Olga?
4. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
5. Why do Rheba and Donald feel compassion for the Kirbys?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)