|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) All is quiet.
(b) Everyone is moving about making noise.
(c) There are still odd noises heard.
(d) The family members are all talking at once.
2. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
(b) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(c) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(d) It is a painting of Alice.
3. What do the family members think of Tony?
(a) They do not trust him.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) They are very accepting of him.
(d) They are unsure if he is right for Alice.
4. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
(a) Attending a commencement ceremony.
(b) Work at a bank.
(c) The basement making fireworks.
(d) Selling candy.
5. How does Tony feel about Alice's family?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is annoyed by them.
(c) He is unsure how he feels about them.
(d) He worries about their mental health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not a good enough reason for Grandpa to part with his money?
2. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
3. Why does Alice tell Tony she cannot marry him?
4. Why is Mr. Henderson at the house?
5. How does Mr. Henderson leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandpa persuade Alice to do? How is he able to do this?
2. What does the doorbell announce? What might the audience members be thinking, before it is discovered who has rung the doorbell?
3. How does Essie respond to Ed's uncertainty? What does this say about Essie's character?
4. How is Tony beginning to act more like the Sycamore family? Why?
5. Who is Essie Carmichael? What is she doing in this scene? How does she fit seamlessly into the Sycamore family?
6. What do these strangers uncover? To what does this lead?
7. How does the family respond to this crisis? How does this prolong the hilarity of this scene for the audience?
8. What strangers arrive after the Kirbys? Why?
9. How does Penny try to ease tension? Why does this not work?
10. How has this family become so quirky and unusual?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)