|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what can Grandpa see no need?
(a) Acquiring a job that he does not want.
(b) His money to be spent by the police force.
(c) His money to be put to something that he cannot see.
(d) His participation in jury duty.
2. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) There are still odd noises heard.
(b) All is quiet.
(c) Everyone is moving about making noise.
(d) The family members are all talking at once.
3. Why are the family members interrupting Alice and Tony?
(a) They do not want Tony to date Alice.
(b) They want to be the center of attention.
(c) They love them and want the couple to feel a part of the family.
(d) They like to be bothersome.
4. Why does Alice declare this?
(a) Her family is not so strange afte rall.
(b) Her mother is so kind and thoughtful.
(c) Her relationship with Tony will work out after all.
(d) She loves her grandfather.
5. What might be some of the unusual noises heard throughout the apartment?
(a) The construction of fireworks.
(b) A party in the basement.
(c) Creaking of the old house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice relent?
2. What must Alice and Tony do?
3. How might Tony feel about being interrupted by Alice's family members?
4. Where does Alice go?
5. What has Grandpa never done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Henderson appear? How might the audience react to the arrival of this character?
2. How does the family respond to this crisis? How does this prolong the hilarity of this scene for the audience?
3. What might Tony's words "every couple has challenges with family dynamics" foreshadow?
4. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson? How does Mr. Henderson handle this? With whom is the audience more likely to side, Grandpa or Mr. Henderson? Why?
5. Who is Ed Carmichael? Why are he and Essie a perfect match?
6. How is Alice directing her family? Why is she doing this?
7. How does this scene open? How does this continue to reflect the Sycamore family's quirkiness?
8. How is Tony reacting to Alice's behavior? Why is he reacting this way?
9. What has happened to both of the families? What might be the audience's reaction to this news?
10. What does this scenario about Alice's love for her unique family mirror?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)