|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might be some of the unusual noises heard throughout the apartment?
(b) A party in the basement.
(c) The construction of fireworks.
(d) Creaking of the old house.
2. What do the family members think of Tony?
(a) They are unsure if he is right for Alice.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) They are very accepting of him.
(d) They do not trust him.
3. From what type of family does Alice come?
(a) One that is not accepting of others.
(b) One that is fairly typical.
(c) One that is similar to the Kirbys.
(d) One that accepts anyone, regardless of nationality or profession.
4. Why does Tony ask Alice to do this?
(a) He will have thought of so many new things to say.
(b) He does not want her to forget to pack anything important.
(c) He does not want her to forget him.
(d) He cares about her.
5. Why might Tony like Alice's family?
(a) The dinners are superb.
(b) They are so different from his own.
(c) They give great presents.
(d) They are very similar to his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what has Grandpa not responded?
2. Who is Mr. Henderson?
3. Whose son is Tony?
4. Why does Alice assume Tony will not be able to accept her family?
5. What does Tony ask Alice to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Alice and Tony do after they return from their date? What does this show about their relationship?
2. What happens before Tony and Alice part? What does this show about their relationship?
3. Would Tony's family be so accepting of Alice? Why or why not?
4. What have Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna been doing? Why is this odd?
5. What does Alice declare to her father? Why does she say this?
6. What does Donald bring? Why? What is strange about this?
7. How is the household continuing as usual that evening? How are the characters even more strange than initially thought?
8. What is ironic about Alice?
9. What is known about Tony? What does Alice ask of her family, regarding Tony? Why does she ask this of them?
10. What is Grandpa's philosophy on life? How does this relate to the title of the play?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)