|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice declare?
(a) The dance is beautiful.
(b) She wants to begin reading the book immediately.
(c) The fireworks' red glow is beautiful.
(d) The painting is the most beautiful one she has ever seen.
2. How might Tony feel about being interrupted by Alice's family members?
(d) Content and not bothered.
3. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
(b) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
(c) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(d) He wants to show off.
4. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
5. Who is Penny's daughter?
(a) Alice Sycamore.
(b) Anne Sycamore.
(c) Alicia Sycamore.
(d) Ally Sycamore.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Ed work?
2. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
3. Who does Grandpa not know?
4. What occurs in the basement?
5. Where do Alice and Tony go on a date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is realized about both families? How might this affect Alice and Tony's relationship?
2. Does Tony decide to stay or go? Why?
3. What is ironic about Alice?
4. What happens when the doorbell rings? How does this add to the comedic feeling of the play?
5. Describe the dinner. How does this begin to heal the wounds of the night before?
6. Why does Alice relent?
7. Is Tony able to change Alice's mind? To what does Alice agree? Why does she change her mind?
8. What does Donald bring? Why? What is strange about this?
9. How does this scene open? How does this continue to reflect the Sycamore family's quirkiness?
10. What has this embarrassing incident done to Alice? How would you feel, if you were Alice?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)