|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice say to Tony?
(d) Come in.
2. What does this person show Alice?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A dance.
(d) Some fireworks.
3. For what can Grandpa see no need?
(a) His money to be put to something that he cannot see.
(b) His participation in jury duty.
(c) His money to be spent by the police force.
(d) Acquiring a job that he does not want.
4. The curtain goes down temporarily and rises on what scene?
(a) A different scene the next day.
(b) The same scene the next day.
(c) The same scene later that night.
(d) A different scene later that night.
5. Why is Mr. Henderson at the house?
(a) He is Alice's date.
(b) He is coming for dinner.
(c) He has some of the Sycamore's mail.
(d) He has come to speak to Grandpa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Alice and Tony do?
2. What is Penny Sycamore doing?
3. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
4. Why is Essie Carmichael making candy?
5. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Paul and Grandpa doing in this scene? How is this activity different from what has been displayed in past scenes?
2. What does Grandpa persuade Alice to do? How is he able to do this?
3. What happens before Tony and Alice part? What does this show about their relationship?
4. What does Alice's father do when she comes into the room? Why does he do this?
5. How does Essie respond to Ed's uncertainty? What does this say about Essie's character?
6. Why is the Grand Duchess at the Sycamore's home? How can the audience members relate to this?
7. Describe Grandpa Vanderhof. From where is he returning? What does he enjoy about this activity?
8. What does Alice say to Tony, regarding their relationship? Why does she say this? What assumptions is she making?
9. What does Rheba recall? How does this information satisfy the audience?
10. What do these strangers uncover? To what does this lead?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)