|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alice feel about Tony?
(a) She is unsure about him.
(b) She detests him.
(c) She really likes him.
(d) She does not like him.
2. What does this person show Alice?
(a) A dance.
(b) A painting.
(c) Some fireworks.
(d) A book.
3. Why does Alice love Tony?
(a) He is a smooth talker.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He accepts her family for who they are.
4. Why must the two part for the evening?
(a) They are in an argument.
(b) They have broken up.
(c) It is late.
(d) Alice's family does not like Tony.
5. Who is Mr. Henderson?
(a) He is Alice's date.
(b) The man from the Internal Revenue Service.
(c) A man to whom Ed sells candy.
(d) He is the neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rheba enter the room?
2. Who does Alice think the visitor might be?
3. What does Grandpa enjoy doing?
4. What do the family members think of Tony?
5. What does Alice ask her family to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of Grandpa's tax evasion? What might be the response of audience members?
2. How is Alice directing her family? Why is she doing this?
3. What does Penny comment about Alice? Why? Why might Alice be attracted to this type of man?
4. Why is the Grand Duchess at the Sycamore's home? How can the audience members relate to this?
5. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson? How does Mr. Henderson handle this? With whom is the audience more likely to side, Grandpa or Mr. Henderson? Why?
6. What are Paul and Grandpa doing in this scene? How is this activity different from what has been displayed in past scenes?
7. What have Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna been doing? Why is this odd?
8. How are the characters introduced? Why might the playwright use this technique to present the personalities and quirkiness of these characters to the audience or reader?
9. Who is Ed Carmichael? Why are he and Essie a perfect match?
10. How does Penny try to ease tension? Why does this not work?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)