|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice go to get ready for her date?
(a) In her own home.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the office.
2. What does Alice declare?
(a) The painting is the most beautiful one she has ever seen.
(b) She wants to begin reading the book immediately.
(c) The dance is beautiful.
(d) The fireworks' red glow is beautiful.
3. What is Mr. Henderson's job?
(a) To revoke his driver's license.
(b) To offer him a job.
(c) To force him to come to jury duty.
(d) To explain the tax situation to Grandpa.
4. Why does Alice relent?
(a) Tony is very convincing.
(b) She wants their relationship to work.
(c) She loves and trusts Tony.
(d) She does not have the willpower to argue.
5. What do the authors show, despite the difficulties and differences in Alice's family?
(a) The family's love for the Kirbys.
(b) Her love for the family.
(c) They Kirby's love for the family.
(d) Tony dislike of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Essie Carmichael making candy?
2. What might be some of the unusual noises heard throughout the apartment?
3. What is not a good enough reason for Grandpa to part with his money?
4. Who is the patriarch of this zany family?
5. What does Tony mention about his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unexpected event takes place? How does all the activity prior to this event add to the shock and humor of this event?
2. Who is Ed Carmichael? Why are he and Essie a perfect match?
3. What are Paul and Grandpa doing in this scene? How is this activity different from what has been displayed in past scenes?
4. How does Penny try to ease tension? Why does this not work?
5. How is the household continuing as usual that evening? How are the characters even more strange than initially thought?
6. Describe Grandpa Vanderhof. From where is he returning? What does he enjoy about this activity?
7. What might Tony's words "every couple has challenges with family dynamics" foreshadow?
8. How does Tony disagree with Alice? Why is he able to accept her family?
9. How does the scene become more confusing? How would this add more stress to Alice's already stressed-out life?
10. What is realized about both families? How might this affect Alice and Tony's relationship?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)