|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gay Wellington?
(a) Tony's aunt.
(b) An actress.
(c) A family member.
(d) A neighbor.
2. What is Alice happily doing?
(a) Cleaning the house for the next night's dinner.
(b) Reading the script with Gay Wellington.
(c) Talking to Tony on the telephone.
(d) Giving instructions to family members about their roles in tomorrow night's dinner.
3. What has Paul Sycamore brought upstairs?
(a) His new fireworks.
(b) His washed clothing.
(c) His latest erector set creation of the Queen Mary.
(d) A present for his wife.
4. When had Penny begun this for Mr. DePinna?
(a) Eighteen years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) The day before.
(d) Eight years ago.
5. What does Tony decide to do?
(a) Stay with Alice and her family.
(b) Go with his parents.
(c) End his engagement to Alice.
6. Why is Ed hesitant to leave the apartment?
(a) A man is following him wherever he goes now.
(b) He has a fear of the outdoors.
(c) He is not sure he has enough candy.
(d) He is tired of his job.
7. Of what does Grandpa remind Mr. Kirby?
(a) Tony will come back to his job at the firm when he is ready.
(b) He did not start off wealthy.
(c) He had once had a well-paying career.
(d) Life should be enjoyed.
8. For what does Tony plea?
(a) To go home.
(b) To speak to his fiancee.
(c) To end the engagement.
(d) To be released from jail.
9. Why does Paul descend again into the basement?
(a) He is allergic to sunlight.
(b) He is afraid of open spaces.
(c) He is nervous about being around too many people.
(d) To finish the fireworks order that must be driven to Mount Vernon tomorrow in time for the Fourth of July.
10. Why does Tony want to leave the firm?
(a) He wants to work for a firm that will pay him more.
(b) To pursue work that will make him happy.
(c) He does not like working in New York City.
(d) He is tired of working with his father.
11. What has been finalized?
(a) The menu.
(b) Essie's dance.
(c) The time of the meal.
(d) Gay's performance.
12. How does Grandpa's help change Mr. Kirby?
(a) Grandpa calms him down.
(b) Grandpa makes him nervous.
(c) Grandpa excites him.
(d) Grandpa angers him.
13. Why does Penny initiate a word game?
(a) She is bored.
(b) The Kirbys look bored.
(c) She loves word games.
(d) To ease the tension.
14. What is Gay interested in?
(a) Drinking gin.
(d) Writing plays.
15. What can the pursuit of money be?
(a) An especially empty life.
(b) Very exciting.
(c) Only for the strong-willed.
(d) Very rewarding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony hope?
2. Who else agrees to stay?
3. What is special about tomorrow night's dinner?
4. What has Grand Duchess Olga done for the family?
5. What does Ed need to do?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)