|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Tony plea?
(a) To speak to his fiancee.
(b) To go home.
(c) To end the engagement.
(d) To be released from jail.
2. Why has Kolenkhov brought her to the Sycamore house?
(a) To practice her English.
(b) To teach Essie.
(c) To meet this extraordinary family.
(d) For dinner.
3. What happens to Grandpa's Internal Revenue Service problem?
(a) They arrest Grandpa.
(b) He pays his debt.
(c) He continues to ignore their letters.
(d) It is resolved with a letter releasing him from all debt.
4. What does Essie urge Ed to do?
(a) Stay at home.
(b) Stop complaining.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Stop selling candy.
5. What does the Grand Duchess Olga do for a living?
(a) She does nothing.
(b) She sings.
(c) She teaches ballet.
(d) She works as a waitress in a coffee shop.
6. To what does the family agree?
(a) Behave in the company of Tony's parents.
(b) Go out to dinner, so Alice and Tony may have a quiet dinner with his parents, alone.
(c) To act naturally.
(d) To put on a performance for Tony's parents.
7. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is angry.
8. What has been finalized?
(a) Gay's performance.
(b) Essie's dance.
(c) The time of the meal.
(d) The menu.
9. To what can this squelching lead?
(d) Empty goals.
10. What is Alice happily doing?
(a) Reading the script with Gay Wellington.
(b) Cleaning the house for the next night's dinner.
(c) Giving instructions to family members about their roles in tomorrow night's dinner.
(d) Talking to Tony on the telephone.
11. How does Alice feel about last night's events?
(d) Completely destroyed.
12. Why does Tony make this decision?
(a) He is tired of the family difficulties.
(b) He enjoys the convivial atmosphere of the household.
(c) He no longer wants to be near either family.
(d) He cares more about his own family.
13. Who is Gay Wellington?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A family member.
(c) An actress.
(d) Tony's aunt.
14. How does the second act open?
(b) In the same living room.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the Kirby's home.
15. Who will stay at least through dinner?
(a) Mr. Kirby.
(b) Mr. Henderson.
(d) The agency men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suddenly happens?
2. What does the doorbell bring?
3. What do not provide long-term satisfaction?
4. Who is Tony trying to convince not to leave?
5. What is Alice's reaction to this mistake?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)