|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Penny initiate a word game?
(a) She is bored.
(b) The Kirbys look bored.
(c) She loves word games.
(d) To ease the tension.
2. Where might Tony have gotten the idea to leave the firm?
(a) From his father.
(b) From his friends.
(c) From spending time with the Sycamores.
(d) From his desire to have more money.
3. What has Paul Sycamore brought upstairs?
(a) His latest erector set creation of the Queen Mary.
(b) A present for his wife.
(c) His new fireworks.
(d) His washed clothing.
4. Who will stay at least through dinner?
(a) Mr. Henderson.
(c) The agency men.
(d) Mr. Kirby.
5. What is Mr. Kirby's reaction to this announcement?
6. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Make his candy deliveries.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Work on fireworks.
(d) Help with the painting project.
7. What does Essie urge Ed to do?
(a) Stop selling candy.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Stop complaining.
(d) Stay at home.
8. To what can this squelching lead?
(b) Empty goals.
9. What do not provide long-term satisfaction?
(a) Authority positions.
(b) Good jobs in firms.
(c) Empty goals.
(d) Government positions.
10. Why does Penny change into her artist costume?
(a) Essie wants to take a photograph of her in her costume.
(b) She wants to play dress-up.
(c) Penny is going to paint a portrait of Tony.
(d) She is enthused at the prospect of a new creative outlet.
11. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
(a) Quit his job.
(b) Move to another state.
(c) Go home to his wife.
(d) Join the family in the evening's dinner.
12. Why is Ed hesitant to leave the apartment?
(a) He has a fear of the outdoors.
(b) A man is following him wherever he goes now.
(c) He is not sure he has enough candy.
(d) He is tired of his job.
13. What do Ed and Donald do?
(a) Begin to cry.
(b) Run to the corner grocery to buy some suitable dinner items.
(c) Give the Kerbys enormous hugs.
(d) Hide in the basement.
14. What is Alice happily doing?
(a) Cleaning the house for the next night's dinner.
(b) Talking to Tony on the telephone.
(c) Giving instructions to family members about their roles in tomorrow night's dinner.
(d) Reading the script with Gay Wellington.
15. What is Gay interested in?
(c) Drinking gin.
(d) Writing plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Grand Duchess not had since leaving Russia?
2. What is not appropriate about what Ed and Donald do?
3. Who is Tony trying to convince not to leave?
4. What has Grand Duchess Olga done for the family?
5. What does the doorbell bring?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)