|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donald read in the next day's paper?
(a) His horoscope.
(b) A story about last night's arrest.
(c) A story about an explosion in town.
(d) A story about the decrease in the unemployment rate.
2. Why is Gay Wellington at the home?
(a) She has come to the apartment to read for one of Penny's plays.
(b) She is borrowing a cup of sugar.
(c) She is visiting her nephew.
(d) She is visiting her family.
3. What does Essie urge Ed to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Stop complaining.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Stop selling candy.
4. For what does Tony plea?
(a) To go home.
(b) To be released from jail.
(c) To speak to his fiancee.
(d) To end the engagement.
5. What happens to Grandpa's Internal Revenue Service problem?
(a) He pays his debt.
(b) It is resolved with a letter releasing him from all debt.
(c) They arrest Grandpa.
(d) He continues to ignore their letters.
6. To what does the family sit down?
(a) A performance by Essie, Ed, Mr. DePinna, and Paul.
(c) A performance by Essie.
7. What adds to the confusion in the house?
(a) Mr. Kolenkhov arrives with his friend Grand Duchess Olga.
(b) The house explodes again.
(c) Grandpa decides to move out.
(d) Mr. Henderson arrives to collect the tax money from Grandpa.
8. Why has Kolenkhov brought her to the Sycamore house?
(a) To teach Essie.
(b) To meet this extraordinary family.
(c) To practice her English.
(d) For dinner.
9. What does the family have for the guest(s)?
(a) Nothing available to serve the Kirbys on such short notice.
(b) A beautifully cooked meal.
(c) A trivia game.
(d) New menus with many entrees from which to choose.
10. What is Olga anxious to do?
(a) Practice her English.
11. What can the pursuit of money be?
(a) Only for the strong-willed.
(b) Very exciting.
(c) Very rewarding.
(d) An especially empty life.
12. What is Alice's reaction to this mistake?
13. Who will stay at least through dinner?
(b) The agency men.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
(d) Mr. Kirby.
14. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Work on fireworks.
(c) Make his candy deliveries.
(d) Help with the painting project.
15. What does Tony decide to do?
(a) Go with his parents.
(c) End his engagement to Alice.
(d) Stay with Alice and her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Grandpa, what should not be squelched?
2. How is Paul's fireworks operation uncovered?
3. What does Mrs. Kirby announce?
4. How does Alice feel about last night's events?
5. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)