|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the pursuit of money be?
(a) An especially empty life.
(b) Very exciting.
(c) Very rewarding.
(d) Only for the strong-willed.
2. Where might Tony have gotten the idea to leave the firm?
(a) From his father.
(b) From spending time with the Sycamores.
(c) From his friends.
(d) From his desire to have more money.
3. What had Penny begun for Mr. DePinna?
(a) A dance.
(b) New fireworks.
(c) A painting.
(d) A script.
4. With what does Mr. DePinna emerge from the basement?
(a) An old photograph of the family.
(b) A painting of himself as a discus thrower.
(c) Old clothing to donate to the poor.
(d) More fireworks.
5. Of what does Grandpa remind Mr. Kirby?
(a) Life should be enjoyed.
(b) Tony will come back to his job at the firm when he is ready.
(c) He had once had a well-paying career.
(d) He did not start off wealthy.
6. For what does Tony plea?
(a) To speak to his fiancee.
(b) To end the engagement.
(c) To be released from jail.
(d) To go home.
7. What continues as usual tonight?
(a) Tony's visit.
(b) Life in the household.
(d) The Kirby's visit.
8. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
(a) Join the family in the evening's dinner.
(b) Move to another state.
(c) Go home to his wife.
(d) Quit his job.
9. What does the doorbell bring?
(a) The unexpected arrival of the Kirbys.
(b) The unexpected arrival of Tony.
(c) The unexpected arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(d) The unexpected arrival of Gay Wellington.
10. What is mistakenly thought about the fireworks?
(a) The agency men construe them as weapons.
(b) They are candles.
(c) They are explosives set to destroy the house.
(d) They are decorations.
11. Why is Gay Wellington at the home?
(a) She is visiting her nephew.
(b) She is borrowing a cup of sugar.
(c) She has come to the apartment to read for one of Penny's plays.
(d) She is visiting her family.
12. What is not appropriate about what Ed and Donald do?
(a) Nothing they buy is appropriate for the occasion.
(b) The Kirbys are embarrassed by the embrace.
(c) They have houseguests and should not hide in the basement.
(d) Adult men should not cry.
13. How does the second act open?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the Kirby's home.
(c) In the same living room.
14. What does Tony hope?
(a) The Kirbys will realize what has been missing from their own lives.
(b) The Kirbys will allow the marriage to take place.
(c) The kirbys will forgive him for getting himself into trouble with the law.
(d) The Kirbys will someday learn to love Alice.
15. Why does Tony want to leave the firm?
(a) He wants to work for a firm that will pay him more.
(b) To pursue work that will make him happy.
(c) He does not like working in New York City.
(d) He is tired of working with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rheba recall?
2. What is contrasting about the guest(s) and the Sycamores?
3. Who is the Grand Duchess Olga?
4. What is Olga anxious to do?
5. What is special about tomorrow night's dinner?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)