|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to all thirteen people of the household, including the Kirbys?
(a) They are fined for the illegal production of firearms.
(b) They are imprisoned with five-year sentences.
(c) They are put under house arrest.
(d) They receive suspended sentences for their alleged contributions in making fireworks without a permit.
2. Who will stay at least through dinner?
(a) Mr. Henderson.
(b) Mr. Kirby.
(d) The agency men.
3. Where might Tony have gotten the idea to leave the firm?
(a) From spending time with the Sycamores.
(b) From his desire to have more money.
(c) From his father.
(d) From his friends.
4. Who is the Grand Duchess Olga?
(a) Mr. Kolenkhov's fiancee.
(b) A new ballet instructor for Essie.
(c) Mr. Kolnkhov's sister from Russia.
(d) A Russian aristocrat.
5. How does the second act open?
(a) In the Kirby's home.
(c) In the same living room.
(d) In the basement.
6. Why does Tony want to leave the firm?
(a) To pursue work that will make him happy.
(b) He wants to work for a firm that will pay him more.
(c) He does not like working in New York City.
(d) He is tired of working with his father.
7. Why is Gay Wellington at the home?
(a) She is visiting her nephew.
(b) She is borrowing a cup of sugar.
(c) She has come to the apartment to read for one of Penny's plays.
(d) She is visiting her family.
8. What happens to Grandpa's Internal Revenue Service problem?
(a) He pays his debt.
(b) They arrest Grandpa.
(c) It is resolved with a letter releasing him from all debt.
(d) He continues to ignore their letters.
9. To what can this squelching lead?
(d) Empty goals.
10. What is Alice happily doing?
(a) Talking to Tony on the telephone.
(b) Giving instructions to family members about their roles in tomorrow night's dinner.
(c) Cleaning the house for the next night's dinner.
(d) Reading the script with Gay Wellington.
11. Who is Tony trying to convince not to leave?
(b) The agency men.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
(d) His father.
12. Who is Gay Wellington?
(a) A family member.
(b) An actress.
(c) Tony's aunt.
(d) A neighbor.
13. What does the family have for the guest(s)?
(a) Nothing available to serve the Kirbys on such short notice.
(b) A trivia game.
(c) New menus with many entrees from which to choose.
(d) A beautifully cooked meal.
14. Why will Tony not leave?
(a) He does not want to go to prison.
(b) He will not leave without speaking to Alice.
(c) He loves the Sycamores more than his own family.
(d) He paid his taxes on time.
15. What does the word game reveal?
(a) The Kirbys' hidden emotions.
(b) How happy Alice is to have the Kirbys at her home.
(c) The Kirbys' happiness about Tony's engagement to Alice.
(d) The Kirby's excitement about being at the Sycamore's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Essie want Ed to do?
2. What suddenly happens?
3. What continues as usual tonight?
4. Why does this surprise turn of events occur?
5. What is immediately clear upon the arrival of the unexpected guest(s)?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)