|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is immediately clear upon the arrival of the unexpected guest(s)?
(a) The distinction between the two families.
(b) Gay is drunk.
(c) Mr. Henderson has brought company.
(d) He is not in a good mood.
2. To what does the family agree?
(a) Behave in the company of Tony's parents.
(b) Go out to dinner, so Alice and Tony may have a quiet dinner with his parents, alone.
(c) To put on a performance for Tony's parents.
(d) To act naturally.
3. What does Tony hope?
(a) The Kirbys will allow the marriage to take place.
(b) The Kirbys will someday learn to love Alice.
(c) The kirbys will forgive him for getting himself into trouble with the law.
(d) The Kirbys will realize what has been missing from their own lives.
4. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
(a) Go home to his wife.
(b) Join the family in the evening's dinner.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Move to another state.
5. What happens as the Kirbys prepare to leave?
(a) Mr. Kirby tells his wife they are no longer leaving.
(b) Mrs. Kirby changes her mind and wants to stay.
(c) Three men from the Justice Department arrive.
(d) The house explodes.
6. What is mistakenly thought about the fireworks?
(a) They are decorations.
(b) They are explosives set to destroy the house.
(c) They are candles.
(d) The agency men construe them as weapons.
7. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is thrilled.
8. Why will Tony not leave?
(a) He does not want to go to prison.
(b) He will not leave without speaking to Alice.
(c) He loves the Sycamores more than his own family.
(d) He paid his taxes on time.
9. What is true?
(a) It is safe to place faith in financial security.
(b) You cannot take your money with you when you die.
(c) Money is what matters.
(d) Others will dislike you if you quit high-paying jobs.
10. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Make his candy deliveries.
(c) Help with the painting project.
(d) Work on fireworks.
11. What is Alice preparing to do?
(a) Go to her room and never come out.
(b) Go to the office to get away from her family.
(c) Return to life as if nothing happened.
(d) Leave for a trip to the Adirondacks so that she can be alone to think.
12. What is Alice's reaction to this mistake?
13. What has been finalized?
(a) The menu.
(b) Essie's dance.
(c) The time of the meal.
(d) Gay's performance.
14. What is Gay interested in?
(c) Writing plays.
(d) Drinking gin.
15. To what does the family sit down?
(c) A performance by Essie, Ed, Mr. DePinna, and Paul.
(d) A performance by Essie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not appropriate about what Ed and Donald do?
2. Why do Rheba and Donald feel compassion for the Kirbys?
3. What is Mr. DePinna required to do?
4. What does Essie want Ed to do?
5. What adds to the confusion in the house?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)