|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Kirby feel about Grandpa's philosophizing?
(a) He is annoyed.
(b) He is touched.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is upset.
2. What does Rheba recall?
(a) Mrs. Kirby's mortification at being in the same cell with a strip-tease artist who sang as the dignified Mrs. Kirby disrobed in the jail.
(b) How the family had been asking for trouble for many years, and now it had finally come.
(c) When she was first hired by the Sycamores.
(d) Mrs. Sycamore screaming for her life when they handcuffed her.
3. What is mistakenly thought about the fireworks?
(a) The agency men construe them as weapons.
(b) They are decorations.
(c) They are candles.
(d) They are explosives set to destroy the house.
4. What happens to Mrs. Kirby?
(a) She hugs Penny.
(b) She reaches her tolerance level.
(c) She runs out of the house.
(d) She begins to scream.
5. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
(a) Move to another state.
(b) Go home to his wife.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Join the family in the evening's dinner.
6. Who has come to find Tony?
(a) Mr. Kirby.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
(d) The agency men.
7. What can the pursuit of money be?
(a) Very exciting.
(b) Very rewarding.
(c) Only for the strong-willed.
(d) An especially empty life.
8. Who is Tony trying to convince not to leave?
(a) His father.
(b) Mr. Henderson.
(d) The agency men.
9. Why does Paul descend again into the basement?
(a) He is nervous about being around too many people.
(b) To finish the fireworks order that must be driven to Mount Vernon tomorrow in time for the Fourth of July.
(c) He is afraid of open spaces.
(d) He is allergic to sunlight.
10. Why has Kolenkhov brought her to the Sycamore house?
(a) To practice her English.
(b) For dinner.
(c) To meet this extraordinary family.
(d) To teach Essie.
11. Who else agrees to stay?
(a) Grandpa and Mr. Henderson.
(b) Paul and Mr. DePinna.
(c) Penny and Essie.
(d) Mr. Kirby and Tony.
12. What does the doorbell bring?
(a) The unexpected arrival of Tony.
(b) The unexpected arrival of Gay Wellington.
(c) The unexpected arrival of the Kirbys.
(d) The unexpected arrival of Mr. Henderson.
13. What does the Grand Duchess Olga do for a living?
(a) She teaches ballet.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She works as a waitress in a coffee shop.
(d) She sings.
14. Who is Gay Wellington?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Tony's aunt.
(c) A family member.
(d) An actress.
15. What is Mr. Kirby's reaction to this announcement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is believed about Ed's candy sales?
2. To what can this squelching lead?
3. How does the second act open?
4. What does Ed need to do?
5. What does Tony hope?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)