|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rheba and Donald feel compassion for the Kirbys?
(a) They are normal people who have now gotten themselves involved with a very unusual family.
(b) They are not comfortable with disruptions to their schedules, let alone the public humiliation of arrest.
(c) They are kind people who did not deserve to be punished along with the Sycamores.
(d) Their son is marrying into the Sycamore family.
2. What is Alice's reaction to this mistake?
3. What has Grand Duchess Olga done for the family?
(a) Prepared blintzes.
(b) Painted a family portrait.
(c) Sung a song in Russian.
(d) Performed a ballet solo.
4. What does Tony hope?
(a) The Kirbys will allow the marriage to take place.
(b) The kirbys will forgive him for getting himself into trouble with the law.
(c) The Kirbys will someday learn to love Alice.
(d) The Kirbys will realize what has been missing from their own lives.
5. Why will Tony not leave?
(a) He paid his taxes on time.
(b) He loves the Sycamores more than his own family.
(c) He will not leave without speaking to Alice.
(d) He does not want to go to prison.
6. What is Alice preparing to do?
(a) Return to life as if nothing happened.
(b) Leave for a trip to the Adirondacks so that she can be alone to think.
(c) Go to her room and never come out.
(d) Go to the office to get away from her family.
7. What do not provide long-term satisfaction?
(a) Government positions.
(b) Empty goals.
(c) Good jobs in firms.
(d) Authority positions.
8. What is Mr. DePinna required to do?
(a) Don a Roman toga.
(b) Carry Penny's paint supplies for her.
(c) Find an artist's costume for himself.
(d) Put the film in the camera for Essie.
9. What is special about tomorrow night's dinner?
(a) Essie will be dancing for them after dinner.
(b) Gay Wellington will be performing for them at dinner.
(c) Tony and his parents have been invited.
(d) Rheba is making Alice's favorite meal.
10. How does Alice feel about last night's events?
(a) Completely destroyed.
11. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
(a) Join the family in the evening's dinner.
(b) Go home to his wife.
(c) Move to another state.
(d) Quit his job.
12. What does Grandpa finally do?
(a) Pays Mr. Henderson.
(b) Tells Tony to leave.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Reaches Alice.
13. Why does Tony want to leave the firm?
(a) He is tired of working with his father.
(b) He does not like working in New York City.
(c) To pursue work that will make him happy.
(d) He wants to work for a firm that will pay him more.
14. What suddenly happens?
(a) Mr. Henderson arrives to arrest Grandpa.
(b) The Kirbys make a run for it.
(c) The agency men call in reinforcements.
(d) The apartment explodes.
15. What is immediately clear upon the arrival of the unexpected guest(s)?
(a) Gay is drunk.
(b) Mr. Henderson has brought company.
(c) The distinction between the two families.
(d) He is not in a good mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rheba recall?
2. What is believed about Ed's candy sales?
3. Who is Gay Wellington?
4. Who will stay at least through dinner?
5. What happens as the Kirbys prepare to leave?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)