|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Grandpa's Internal Revenue Service problem?
(a) They arrest Grandpa.
(b) He pays his debt.
(c) It is resolved with a letter releasing him from all debt.
(d) He continues to ignore their letters.
2. Who else agrees to stay?
(a) Mr. Kirby and Tony.
(b) Grandpa and Mr. Henderson.
(c) Penny and Essie.
(d) Paul and Mr. DePinna.
3. What is Gay interested in?
(a) Writing plays.
(b) Drinking gin.
4. How is Paul's fireworks operation uncovered?
(a) The Kirbys go into the basement by mistake.
(b) He shows his fireworks to the men.
(c) The house explodes.
(d) The men search the house for Communist propaganda.
5. In what does Tony remain undaunted?
(a) His need to end the relationship.
(b) His desire to go home.
(c) His love for his family.
(d) His vigil to reach Alice before she leaves.
6. Why does Tony make this decision?
(a) He no longer wants to be near either family.
(b) He is tired of the family difficulties.
(c) He enjoys the convivial atmosphere of the household.
(d) He cares more about his own family.
7. What does Donald read in the next day's paper?
(a) His horoscope.
(b) A story about the decrease in the unemployment rate.
(c) A story about an explosion in town.
(d) A story about last night's arrest.
8. How does Mr. Kirby feel about Grandpa's philosophizing?
(a) He is annoyed.
(b) He is touched.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is shocked.
9. Why does Tony want to leave the firm?
(a) He does not like working in New York City.
(b) To pursue work that will make him happy.
(c) He is tired of working with his father.
(d) He wants to work for a firm that will pay him more.
10. What happens to all thirteen people of the household, including the Kirbys?
(a) They receive suspended sentences for their alleged contributions in making fireworks without a permit.
(b) They are put under house arrest.
(c) They are fined for the illegal production of firearms.
(d) They are imprisoned with five-year sentences.
11. What happens to Mrs. Kirby?
(a) She runs out of the house.
(b) She hugs Penny.
(c) She begins to scream.
(d) She reaches her tolerance level.
12. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Help with the painting project.
(c) Make his candy deliveries.
(d) Work on fireworks.
13. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is shocked.
14. Who is Gay Wellington?
(a) An actress.
(b) A family member.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Tony's aunt.
15. What is Mr. Kirby's reaction to this announcement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the pursuit of money be?
2. What is special about tomorrow night's dinner?
3. What is true?
4. What does the doorbell bring?
5. How does Alice feel about last night's events?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)