|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has come to find Tony?
(b) Mr. Kirby.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
(d) The agency men.
2. What does Essie urge Ed to do?
(a) Stay at home.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Stop selling candy.
(d) Stop complaining.
3. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Work on fireworks.
(b) Make his candy deliveries.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Help with the painting project.
4. Why does Tony make this decision?
(a) He enjoys the convivial atmosphere of the household.
(b) He is tired of the family difficulties.
(c) He cares more about his own family.
(d) He no longer wants to be near either family.
5. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sad.
6. What suddenly happens?
(a) The agency men call in reinforcements.
(b) The apartment explodes.
(c) Mr. Henderson arrives to arrest Grandpa.
(d) The Kirbys make a run for it.
7. Of what does Grandpa remind Mr. Kirby?
(a) He had once had a well-paying career.
(b) He did not start off wealthy.
(c) Life should be enjoyed.
(d) Tony will come back to his job at the firm when he is ready.
8. How does Mr. Kirby feel about Grandpa's philosophizing?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is touched.
(d) He is annoyed.
9. What does Tony hope?
(a) The Kirbys will allow the marriage to take place.
(b) The Kirbys will realize what has been missing from their own lives.
(c) The Kirbys will someday learn to love Alice.
(d) The kirbys will forgive him for getting himself into trouble with the law.
10. What happens to all thirteen people of the household, including the Kirbys?
(a) They are fined for the illegal production of firearms.
(b) They are put under house arrest.
(c) They receive suspended sentences for their alleged contributions in making fireworks without a permit.
(d) They are imprisoned with five-year sentences.
11. When had Penny begun this for Mr. DePinna?
(a) Eighteen years ago.
(b) The day before.
(c) Eight years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
12. To what does the family agree?
(a) To act naturally.
(b) Behave in the company of Tony's parents.
(c) To put on a performance for Tony's parents.
(d) Go out to dinner, so Alice and Tony may have a quiet dinner with his parents, alone.
13. What is Alice happily doing?
(a) Giving instructions to family members about their roles in tomorrow night's dinner.
(b) Talking to Tony on the telephone.
(c) Reading the script with Gay Wellington.
(d) Cleaning the house for the next night's dinner.
14. What has Grand Duchess Olga done for the family?
(a) Performed a ballet solo.
(b) Sung a song in Russian.
(c) Painted a family portrait.
(d) Prepared blintzes.
15. To what can this squelching lead?
(c) Empty goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is contrasting about the guest(s) and the Sycamores?
2. In what does Tony remain undaunted?
3. How does Grandpa's help change Mr. Kirby?
4. What does the Grand Duchess Olga do for a living?
5. What does Tony decide to do?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)