|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the pursuit of money be?
(a) An especially empty life.
(b) Very rewarding.
(c) Very exciting.
(d) Only for the strong-willed.
2. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
3. What does Tony hope?
(a) The Kirbys will allow the marriage to take place.
(b) The kirbys will forgive him for getting himself into trouble with the law.
(c) The Kirbys will someday learn to love Alice.
(d) The Kirbys will realize what has been missing from their own lives.
4. What has been finalized?
(a) Essie's dance.
(b) Gay's performance.
(c) The menu.
(d) The time of the meal.
5. What happens as the Kirbys prepare to leave?
(a) Mr. Kirby tells his wife they are no longer leaving.
(b) Mrs. Kirby changes her mind and wants to stay.
(c) Three men from the Justice Department arrive.
(d) The house explodes.
6. What happens to all thirteen people of the household, including the Kirbys?
(a) They receive suspended sentences for their alleged contributions in making fireworks without a permit.
(b) They are put under house arrest.
(c) They are imprisoned with five-year sentences.
(d) They are fined for the illegal production of firearms.
7. What is true?
(a) It is safe to place faith in financial security.
(b) Others will dislike you if you quit high-paying jobs.
(c) Money is what matters.
(d) You cannot take your money with you when you die.
8. What does Tony want his parents to realize?
(a) He enjoys spending time with the Sycamores more than with them.
(b) His love for Alice surpasses any quirks of the Sycamore family.
(c) He will no longer be visiting them.
(d) He had been the one to be passing out Communist propaganda.
9. What is contrasting about the guest(s) and the Sycamores?
(a) The formal dress of Mr. and Mrs. Kirby starkly contrasts with the Sycamores and their houseguests.
(b) Tony is nervous, while the Sycamores are relaxed and amiable.
(c) Gay Wellington is stumbling around the room, while the Sycamores are quietly working on individual projects.
(d) Mr. Henderson is very angry, while the Sycamores are cheerful and pleasant.
10. What does Rheba recall?
(a) When she was first hired by the Sycamores.
(b) How the family had been asking for trouble for many years, and now it had finally come.
(c) Mrs. Kirby's mortification at being in the same cell with a strip-tease artist who sang as the dignified Mrs. Kirby disrobed in the jail.
(d) Mrs. Sycamore screaming for her life when they handcuffed her.
11. What do Ed and Donald do?
(a) Run to the corner grocery to buy some suitable dinner items.
(b) Hide in the basement.
(c) Begin to cry.
(d) Give the Kerbys enormous hugs.
12. How does Mr. Kirby feel about Grandpa's philosophizing?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is touched.
(d) He is annoyed.
13. What is Olga anxious to do?
(a) Practice her English.
14. How is Paul's fireworks operation uncovered?
(a) The Kirbys go into the basement by mistake.
(b) He shows his fireworks to the men.
(c) The men search the house for Communist propaganda.
(d) The house explodes.
15. What does Tony decide to do?
(a) Stay with Alice and her family.
(b) End his engagement to Alice.
(d) Go with his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Grand Duchess Olga do for a living?
2. What does the family have for the guest(s)?
3. Why is Gay Wellington at the home?
4. What does Olga offer to do?
5. What does Donald read in the next day's paper?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)