|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do not provide long-term satisfaction?
(a) Authority positions.
(b) Government positions.
(c) Empty goals.
(d) Good jobs in firms.
2. How is Paul's fireworks operation uncovered?
(a) The house explodes.
(b) He shows his fireworks to the men.
(c) The men search the house for Communist propaganda.
(d) The Kirbys go into the basement by mistake.
3. What happens to all thirteen people of the household, including the Kirbys?
(a) They receive suspended sentences for their alleged contributions in making fireworks without a permit.
(b) They are fined for the illegal production of firearms.
(c) They are put under house arrest.
(d) They are imprisoned with five-year sentences.
4. How does Grandpa's help change Mr. Kirby?
(a) Grandpa angers him.
(b) Grandpa makes him nervous.
(c) Grandpa calms him down.
(d) Grandpa excites him.
5. Why is Gay Wellington at the home?
(a) She is visiting her family.
(b) She is visiting her nephew.
(c) She is borrowing a cup of sugar.
(d) She has come to the apartment to read for one of Penny's plays.
6. What does Tony hope?
(a) The kirbys will forgive him for getting himself into trouble with the law.
(b) The Kirbys will allow the marriage to take place.
(c) The Kirbys will someday learn to love Alice.
(d) The Kirbys will realize what has been missing from their own lives.
7. Who is the Grand Duchess Olga?
(a) A new ballet instructor for Essie.
(b) A Russian aristocrat.
(c) Mr. Kolenkhov's fiancee.
(d) Mr. Kolnkhov's sister from Russia.
8. What happens as the Kirbys prepare to leave?
(a) The house explodes.
(b) Three men from the Justice Department arrive.
(c) Mr. Kirby tells his wife they are no longer leaving.
(d) Mrs. Kirby changes her mind and wants to stay.
9. What is Mr. DePinna required to do?
(a) Put the film in the camera for Essie.
(b) Carry Penny's paint supplies for her.
(c) Don a Roman toga.
(d) Find an artist's costume for himself.
10. Where might Tony have gotten the idea to leave the firm?
(a) From his father.
(b) From his friends.
(c) From his desire to have more money.
(d) From spending time with the Sycamores.
11. What is Penny doing as the scene opens?
(a) Painting a self-portrait.
(c) Talking to an actress.
(d) Working on a script.
12. Why do Rheba and Donald feel compassion for the Kirbys?
(a) They are normal people who have now gotten themselves involved with a very unusual family.
(b) They are not comfortable with disruptions to their schedules, let alone the public humiliation of arrest.
(c) Their son is marrying into the Sycamore family.
(d) They are kind people who did not deserve to be punished along with the Sycamores.
13. Who is Gay Wellington?
(a) A family member.
(b) Tony's aunt.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) An actress.
14. What is Olga anxious to do?
(c) Practice her English.
15. Of what does Grandpa remind Mr. Kirby?
(a) Life should be enjoyed.
(b) Tony will come back to his job at the firm when he is ready.
(c) He did not start off wealthy.
(d) He had once had a well-paying career.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
2. What does Mrs. Kirby announce?
3. What does Rheba recall?
4. Why does Tony make this decision?
5. What had Penny begun for Mr. DePinna?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)