Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Kolenkhov brought her to the Sycamore house?
(a) To teach Essie.
(b) To practice her English.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To meet this extraordinary family.
2. What does the word game reveal?
(a) The Kirbys' happiness about Tony's engagement to Alice.
(b) The Kirby's excitement about being at the Sycamore's home.
(c) The Kirbys' hidden emotions.
(d) How happy Alice is to have the Kirbys at her home.
3. What does the doorbell announce?
(a) The arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(b) The arrival of Mr. Kirby.
(c) The arrival of Gay Wellington.
(d) The arrival of the agency men.
4. How does Mr. Kirby feel about Grandpa's philosophizing?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is touched.
5. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is angry.
6. What suddenly happens?
(a) The agency men call in reinforcements.
(b) Mr. Henderson arrives to arrest Grandpa.
(c) The apartment explodes.
(d) The Kirbys make a run for it.
7. What is immediately clear upon the arrival of the unexpected guest(s)?
(a) The distinction between the two families.
(b) Mr. Henderson has brought company.
(c) He is not in a good mood.
(d) Gay is drunk.
8. What is special about tomorrow night's dinner?
(a) Essie will be dancing for them after dinner.
(b) Tony and his parents have been invited.
(c) Rheba is making Alice's favorite meal.
(d) Gay Wellington will be performing for them at dinner.
9. To what can this squelching lead?
(a) Empty goals.
10. What happens to Mrs. Kirby?
(a) She runs out of the house.
(b) She reaches her tolerance level.
(c) She begins to scream.
(d) She hugs Penny.
11. What does Olga offer to do?
(a) Give Essie lessons for free.
(b) Perform for the family.
(c) Make blintzes for the dinner.
(d) Give ballet lessons to the entire family.
12. What does the doorbell bring?
(a) The unexpected arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(b) The unexpected arrival of the Kirbys.
(c) The unexpected arrival of Gay Wellington.
(d) The unexpected arrival of Tony.
13. What has the Grand Duchess not had since leaving Russia?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A good meal.
(c) An English lesson.
(d) A ballet pupil.
14. What is Alice happily doing?
(a) Giving instructions to family members about their roles in tomorrow night's dinner.
(b) Reading the script with Gay Wellington.
(c) Cleaning the house for the next night's dinner.
(d) Talking to Tony on the telephone.
15. What does Mrs. Kirby announce?
(a) She and her husband are leaving.
(b) She invites the family to her home next week.
(c) She is thrilled her son is engaged to Alice.
(d) How happy she is to be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Penny doing as the scene opens?
2. What has Paul Sycamore brought upstairs?
3. Where might Tony have gotten the idea to leave the firm?
4. According to Grandpa, what should not be squelched?
5. To what does the family sit down?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)