|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do not provide long-term satisfaction?
(a) Government positions.
(b) Authority positions.
(c) Empty goals.
(d) Good jobs in firms.
2. What happens as the Kirbys prepare to leave?
(a) The house explodes.
(b) Mr. Kirby tells his wife they are no longer leaving.
(c) Three men from the Justice Department arrive.
(d) Mrs. Kirby changes her mind and wants to stay.
3. What is not appropriate about what Ed and Donald do?
(a) Nothing they buy is appropriate for the occasion.
(b) Adult men should not cry.
(c) The Kirbys are embarrassed by the embrace.
(d) They have houseguests and should not hide in the basement.
4. What happens to Grandpa's Internal Revenue Service problem?
(a) They arrest Grandpa.
(b) He pays his debt.
(c) It is resolved with a letter releasing him from all debt.
(d) He continues to ignore their letters.
5. How does Grandpa's help change Mr. Kirby?
(a) Grandpa excites him.
(b) Grandpa angers him.
(c) Grandpa makes him nervous.
(d) Grandpa calms him down.
6. Why is Ed hesitant to leave the apartment?
(a) He is tired of his job.
(b) He is not sure he has enough candy.
(c) He has a fear of the outdoors.
(d) A man is following him wherever he goes now.
7. Who else agrees to stay?
(a) Grandpa and Mr. Henderson.
(b) Penny and Essie.
(c) Mr. Kirby and Tony.
(d) Paul and Mr. DePinna.
8. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sad.
9. What is Olga anxious to do?
(c) Practice her English.
10. What is Grandpa doing, amid all the chaos in the room?
(a) He throws feather darts at a target.
(b) He is reading a book.
(c) He is putting together a puzzle.
(d) He is taking a nap.
11. Who has come to find Tony?
(a) The agency men.
(b) Mr. Kirby.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
12. What is believed about Ed's candy sales?
(a) The candy contains illegal drugs.
(b) He does not have license to sell candy.
(c) He is spreading Communist propaganda with the candy deliveries.
(d) He is making too much money.
13. What is Mr. DePinna required to do?
(a) Find an artist's costume for himself.
(b) Carry Penny's paint supplies for her.
(c) Put the film in the camera for Essie.
(d) Don a Roman toga.
14. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Help with the painting project.
(c) Make his candy deliveries.
(d) Work on fireworks.
15. Why has Kolenkhov brought her to the Sycamore house?
(a) To meet this extraordinary family.
(b) To practice her English.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To teach Essie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's reaction to this mistake?
2. What has been finalized?
3. What does the Grand Duchess Olga do for a living?
4. What does Tony hope?
5. What does the doorbell announce?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)