|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tony trying to convince not to leave?
(a) The agency men.
(b) Mr. Henderson.
(d) His father.
2. What is Alice's reaction to this mistake?
3. What is Gay interested in?
(b) Writing plays.
(c) Drinking gin.
4. How does Grandpa's help change Mr. Kirby?
(a) Grandpa excites him.
(b) Grandpa angers him.
(c) Grandpa makes him nervous.
(d) Grandpa calms him down.
5. What does the word game reveal?
(a) How happy Alice is to have the Kirbys at her home.
(b) The Kirby's excitement about being at the Sycamore's home.
(c) The Kirbys' hidden emotions.
(d) The Kirbys' happiness about Tony's engagement to Alice.
6. What has the Grand Duchess not had since leaving Russia?
(a) An English lesson.
(b) A ballet pupil.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A good meal.
7. What suddenly happens?
(a) The agency men call in reinforcements.
(b) The apartment explodes.
(c) The Kirbys make a run for it.
(d) Mr. Henderson arrives to arrest Grandpa.
8. What do not provide long-term satisfaction?
(a) Good jobs in firms.
(b) Government positions.
(c) Authority positions.
(d) Empty goals.
9. How is Paul's fireworks operation uncovered?
(a) The Kirbys go into the basement by mistake.
(b) The house explodes.
(c) The men search the house for Communist propaganda.
(d) He shows his fireworks to the men.
10. What does the Grand Duchess Olga do for a living?
(a) She does nothing.
(b) She sings.
(c) She teaches ballet.
(d) She works as a waitress in a coffee shop.
11. What does Tony decide to do?
(b) End his engagement to Alice.
(c) Go with his parents.
(d) Stay with Alice and her family.
12. Of what does Grandpa remind Mr. Kirby?
(a) Tony will come back to his job at the firm when he is ready.
(b) Life should be enjoyed.
(c) He had once had a well-paying career.
(d) He did not start off wealthy.
13. What is Mr. DePinna required to do?
(a) Don a Roman toga.
(b) Put the film in the camera for Essie.
(c) Carry Penny's paint supplies for her.
(d) Find an artist's costume for himself.
14. What does Donald read in the next day's paper?
(a) His horoscope.
(b) A story about last night's arrest.
(c) A story about an explosion in town.
(d) A story about the decrease in the unemployment rate.
15. Who else agrees to stay?
(a) Penny and Essie.
(b) Paul and Mr. DePinna.
(c) Grandpa and Mr. Henderson.
(d) Mr. Kirby and Tony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been finalized?
2. What does Grandpa do to help Mr. Kirby?
3. Who is Gay Wellington?
4. Who has come to find Tony?
5. What does the doorbell bring?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)