|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the Kirbys prepare to leave?
(a) The house explodes.
(b) Three men from the Justice Department arrive.
(c) Mr. Kirby tells his wife they are no longer leaving.
(d) Mrs. Kirby changes her mind and wants to stay.
2. What is believed about Ed's candy sales?
(a) He is spreading Communist propaganda with the candy deliveries.
(b) He does not have license to sell candy.
(c) He is making too much money.
(d) The candy contains illegal drugs.
3. Who is the Grand Duchess Olga?
(a) A new ballet instructor for Essie.
(b) A Russian aristocrat.
(c) Mr. Kolnkhov's sister from Russia.
(d) Mr. Kolenkhov's fiancee.
4. How does the second act open?
(b) In the Kirby's home.
(c) In the same living room.
(d) In the basement.
5. What does Grandpa do to help Mr. Kirby?
(a) He tells him that Tony will find a job somewhere.
(b) He gives Mr. Kirby a hug.
(c) He reminds the man of how he was at Tony's age.
(d) He gives Mr. Kirby a sedative.
6. What does Ed need to do?
(a) Work on fireworks.
(b) Make his candy deliveries.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Help with the painting project.
7. What does Donald read in the next day's paper?
(a) His horoscope.
(b) A story about the decrease in the unemployment rate.
(c) A story about an explosion in town.
(d) A story about last night's arrest.
8. What does the doorbell announce?
(a) The arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(b) The arrival of Mr. Kirby.
(c) The arrival of Gay Wellington.
(d) The arrival of the agency men.
9. How is Paul's fireworks operation uncovered?
(a) The house explodes.
(b) He shows his fireworks to the men.
(c) The Kirbys go into the basement by mistake.
(d) The men search the house for Communist propaganda.
10. What does Essie urge Ed to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Stop complaining.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Stop selling candy.
11. Why does Penny change into her artist costume?
(a) Penny is going to paint a portrait of Tony.
(b) She is enthused at the prospect of a new creative outlet.
(c) She wants to play dress-up.
(d) Essie wants to take a photograph of her in her costume.
12. Why does Penny initiate a word game?
(a) To ease the tension.
(b) She is bored.
(c) The Kirbys look bored.
(d) She loves word games.
13. What is Olga anxious to do?
(b) Practice her English.
14. What does the doorbell bring?
(a) The unexpected arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(b) The unexpected arrival of Gay Wellington.
(c) The unexpected arrival of Tony.
(d) The unexpected arrival of the Kirbys.
15. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Grandpa's philosophizing, what does Mr. Kirby decide to do?
2. What is Mr. DePinna required to do?
3. What continues as usual tonight?
4. What does the Grand Duchess Olga do for a living?
5. What happens to Grandpa's Internal Revenue Service problem?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)