|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to all thirteen people of the household, including the Kirbys?
(a) They are fined for the illegal production of firearms.
(b) They are imprisoned with five-year sentences.
(c) They are put under house arrest.
(d) They receive suspended sentences for their alleged contributions in making fireworks without a permit.
2. What is Mr. Kirby's reaction to this announcement?
3. What happens to Mrs. Kirby?
(a) She reaches her tolerance level.
(b) She runs out of the house.
(c) She begins to scream.
(d) She hugs Penny.
4. How does Alice feel about last night's events?
(b) Completely destroyed.
5. How does the second act open?
(b) In the Kirby's home.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the same living room.
6. What has Grand Duchess Olga done for the family?
(a) Sung a song in Russian.
(b) Painted a family portrait.
(c) Performed a ballet solo.
(d) Prepared blintzes.
7. What is mistakenly thought about the fireworks?
(a) They are candles.
(b) They are decorations.
(c) They are explosives set to destroy the house.
(d) The agency men construe them as weapons.
8. In what does Tony remain undaunted?
(a) His desire to go home.
(b) His vigil to reach Alice before she leaves.
(c) His need to end the relationship.
(d) His love for his family.
9. What is Olga anxious to do?
(d) Practice her English.
10. What has the Grand Duchess not had since leaving Russia?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A good meal.
(c) An English lesson.
(d) A ballet pupil.
11. What does the doorbell bring?
(a) The unexpected arrival of Gay Wellington.
(b) The unexpected arrival of the Kirbys.
(c) The unexpected arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(d) The unexpected arrival of Tony.
12. According to Grandpa, what should not be squelched?
(a) The desire to work hard.
(b) The need for wealth.
(c) Youthful enthusiasm.
(d) Love of family.
13. How is Paul's fireworks operation uncovered?
(a) The Kirbys go into the basement by mistake.
(b) The house explodes.
(c) He shows his fireworks to the men.
(d) The men search the house for Communist propaganda.
14. What is Alice's reaction to this mistake?
15. To what can this squelching lead?
(c) Empty goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
2. What does Donald read in the next day's paper?
3. Why will Tony not leave?
4. How does Grandpa's help change Mr. Kirby?
5. What does Essie want Ed to do?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)