|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Penny begun for Mr. DePinna?
(a) A dance.
(b) A script.
(c) A painting.
(d) New fireworks.
2. What does Grandpa finally do?
(a) Tells Tony to leave.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Reaches Alice.
(d) Pays Mr. Henderson.
3. What is immediately clear upon the arrival of the unexpected guest(s)?
(a) The distinction between the two families.
(b) He is not in a good mood.
(c) Mr. Henderson has brought company.
(d) Gay is drunk.
4. What does Essie urge Ed to do?
(a) Stop complaining.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Stop selling candy.
(d) Stay at home.
5. What is believed about Ed's candy sales?
(a) The candy contains illegal drugs.
(b) He is spreading Communist propaganda with the candy deliveries.
(c) He is making too much money.
(d) He does not have license to sell candy.
6. Who will stay at least through dinner?
(a) The agency men.
(c) Mr. Kirby.
(d) Mr. Henderson.
7. What does Rheba recall?
(a) Mrs. Sycamore screaming for her life when they handcuffed her.
(b) How the family had been asking for trouble for many years, and now it had finally come.
(c) When she was first hired by the Sycamores.
(d) Mrs. Kirby's mortification at being in the same cell with a strip-tease artist who sang as the dignified Mrs. Kirby disrobed in the jail.
8. What do Ed and Donald do?
(a) Begin to cry.
(b) Run to the corner grocery to buy some suitable dinner items.
(c) Give the Kerbys enormous hugs.
(d) Hide in the basement.
9. What has Grand Duchess Olga done for the family?
(a) Sung a song in Russian.
(b) Performed a ballet solo.
(c) Painted a family portrait.
(d) Prepared blintzes.
10. Why will Tony not leave?
(a) He will not leave without speaking to Alice.
(b) He loves the Sycamores more than his own family.
(c) He paid his taxes on time.
(d) He does not want to go to prison.
11. When had Penny begun this for Mr. DePinna?
(a) Eighteen years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Eight years ago.
(d) The day before.
12. What is Grandpa doing, amid all the chaos in the room?
(a) He is reading a book.
(b) He throws feather darts at a target.
(c) He is taking a nap.
(d) He is putting together a puzzle.
13. What is Gay interested in?
(a) Writing plays.
(c) Drinking gin.
14. Why does Tony want to leave the firm?
(a) He is tired of working with his father.
(b) He wants to work for a firm that will pay him more.
(c) He does not like working in New York City.
(d) To pursue work that will make him happy.
15. What does the doorbell bring?
(a) The unexpected arrival of Mr. Henderson.
(b) The unexpected arrival of Gay Wellington.
(c) The unexpected arrival of the Kirbys.
(d) The unexpected arrival of Tony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Kirby react when Tony tells him he plans to leave the family firm?
2. What does Olga offer to do?
3. What has Paul Sycamore brought upstairs?
4. Why does Penny initiate a word game?
5. Why is Gay Wellington at the home?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)