|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Tony like Alice's family?
(a) The dinners are superb.
(b) They are very similar to his family.
(c) They are so different from his own.
(d) They give great presents.
2. What occurs in the basement?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A celebration.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A flood.
3. From what type of family does Alice come?
(a) One that accepts anyone, regardless of nationality or profession.
(b) One that is similar to the Kirbys.
(c) One that is not accepting of others.
(d) One that is fairly typical.
4. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
(a) The most normal family member.
(b) The most unusual of the Sycamore family.
(c) The most unconventional of the Sycamore family.
(d) The oldest sibling of the Sycamore family.
5. How does the couple act?
(c) Tenderly romantic.
6. The curtain goes down temporarily and rises on what scene?
(a) A different scene later that night.
(b) The same scene later that night.
(c) A different scene the next day.
(d) The same scene the next day.
7. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(b) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(c) It is a painting of Alice.
(d) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
8. What do Alice and Tony declare?
(a) Their desire to run away together.
(b) Their desire for independence.
(c) Their love for one another.
(d) The end of their relationship.
9. Why does Alice relent?
(a) She does not have the willpower to argue.
(b) She wants their relationship to work.
(c) Tony is very convincing.
(d) She loves and trusts Tony.
10. Who does Alice think the visitor might be?
(c) A neighbor.
11. What does Alice agree to do?
(a) Marry Tony.
(b) Run away with Tony.
(c) Forget about Tony.
(d) Leave her family.
12. Who does Grandpa not know?
(a) Alice is in love with Tony.
(b) Any of the graduates.
(c) That Penny has left.
(d) Essie has hired a ballet instructor.
13. How does Alice respond to Tony?
(a) She relents.
(b) She still does not want to marry him.
(c) She agrees to run away with him.
(d) She is even more ashamed of her family.
14. Why is Essie Carmichael making candy?
(a) It is one of her many hobbies.
(b) She loves candy.
(c) Her husband, Ed, has taken orders for the sweets that need to be filled today.
(d) Her mother sells candy from the home.
15. How does Alice feel about Tony?
(a) She really likes him.
(b) She is unsure about him.
(c) She detests him.
(d) She does not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Ed work?
2. Who is Mr. Henderson?
3. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
4. On what does Penny comment?
5. Why does Alice love Tony?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)