|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rheba enter the room?
(a) To check on the dinner count.
(b) To clean the room.
(c) She is looking for her boyfriend.
(d) To talk to Alice.
2. What scares Mr. Henderson out of the apartment without another word?
(a) Grandpa yelling at him.
(b) The explosion.
(c) The flood that is now coming into the living room.
(d) The shaking of the floor from the earthquake.
3. Who does Alice think the visitor might be?
(d) A neighbor.
4. How does the reader or audience member know that this room serves more than one purpose?
(a) Books and bookshelves line the walls of the room.
(b) There is a counter and a cash register.
(c) With its eclectic elements, including live snakes, a xylophone, and a printing press.
(d) There are beds and multiple dresser drawers, showing it is a bedroom as well.
5. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It is a painting of Alice.
(b) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(c) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
(d) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
6. Where are Alice and Tony Kirby going?
(a) Out to a movie.
(b) To an art show.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To the symphony.
7. What might be some of the unusual noises heard throughout the apartment?
(a) A party in the basement.
(b) The construction of fireworks.
(d) Creaking of the old house.
8. What is this person's name?
(c) Grandpa Vanderhof.
9. From where does Penny's daughter arrive?
(a) An art gallery.
(c) Selling candy.
(d) Creating fireworks.
10. Who does Alice find?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her sister.
11. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To leave the house.
(b) To please behave tonight.
(c) To hide in their rooms.
(d) To keep Tony away from her.
12. What takes place at Columbia University?
(a) A commencement ceremony that Grandpa Vanderhof attends.
(b) A ballet performance that Alice and Tony attend.
(c) A ballet class that Essie attends.
(d) An art gallery opening that Penny attends.
13. What must Alice and Tony do?
(a) Get packed to run away.
(b) Face her family.
(c) Say goodbye and end their relationship.
(d) Part for the evening.
14. Who has come for dinner with the Sycamore family?
(a) Mr. Kolenkhov.
(b) Mr. Henderson.
(c) Tony Kirby.
(d) The Kirbys.
15. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice reveal about her evening?
2. How does Mr. Henderson leave?
3. Where does Alice go?
4. How does Alice respond to Tony?
5. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)