|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Tony feel the way he does about the Sycamore family?
(a) They do not seem to like him.
(b) They are not as kind as his family.
(c) They are strange and unusual.
(d) They are more accepting than his own family.
2. Why does Alice love Tony?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is a smooth talker.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He accepts her family for who they are.
3. What does this person show Alice?
(a) Some fireworks.
(b) A painting.
(c) A book.
(d) A dance.
4. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
(a) The basement making fireworks.
(b) Work at a bank.
(c) Selling candy.
(d) Attending a commencement ceremony.
5. What is not a good enough reason for Grandpa to part with his money?
(a) The need for an income.
(b) The operation of the federal government
(c) The right to a fair and speedy trial.
(d) To operation of the police force.
6. For what can Grandpa see no need?
(a) His participation in jury duty.
(b) His money to be put to something that he cannot see.
(c) His money to be spent by the police force.
(d) Acquiring a job that he does not want.
7. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
8. What does Alice say to Tony?
(d) Come in.
9. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new woodworking project.
(b) The printing press.
(c) A new fireworks design.
(d) A painting.
10. Where does Alice go?
(a) To her room.
(b) Into the living room.
(c) Into the basement.
(d) To Tony's car.
11. How does Alice feel about her family?
(a) She is annoyed and embarrassed by their odd behavior.
(b) She is angry that they are not normal.
(c) She adores them in spite of their quirkiness.
(d) She dreams of escaping their oddities.
12. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To keep Tony away from her.
(b) To hide in their rooms.
(c) To please behave tonight.
(d) To leave the house.
13. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
(a) So that he may begin the typesetting.
(b) He wants to make sure his favorite dessert, apple pie, is included on it.
(c) He is a very picky eater.
(d) He has a strong sense of curiosity.
14. Why does Tony ask Alice to do this?
(a) He does not want her to forget to pack anything important.
(b) He does not want her to forget him.
(c) He cares about her.
(d) He will have thought of so many new things to say.
15. What does Alice declare?
(a) The dance is beautiful.
(b) She wants to begin reading the book immediately.
(c) The painting is the most beautiful one she has ever seen.
(d) The fireworks' red glow is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Penny Sycamore doing?
2. What is the purpose of the cluttered and chaotic living room of Grandpa Vanderhof?
3. Why does Donald arrive with flies?
4. Why must the two part for the evening?
5. How does Alice feel about her family?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)