|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this person's name?
(c) Grandpa Vanderhof.
2. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
(a) To force him to serve jury duty.
(b) To provide some evidence of where the funds will go.
(c) To provide evidence he had parked illegally.
(d) To an arm wrestling contest.
3. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new fireworks design.
(b) A new woodworking project.
(c) A painting.
(d) The printing press.
4. Where does Tony attend college?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Northwestern University.
(d) Cambridge University in England.
5. Why is Essie Carmichael making candy?
(a) She loves candy.
(b) Her husband, Ed, has taken orders for the sweets that need to be filled today.
(c) Her mother sells candy from the home.
(d) It is one of her many hobbies.
6. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
(a) The second floor.
(b) The basement.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garage.
7. What occurs in the basement?
(a) A celebration.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A flood.
8. What does Penny assume about the man standing in the doorway?
(a) He is looking for Ed.
(b) He is Alice's date.
(c) He is the neighbor.
(d) He is from the IRS.
9. Where does Alice go?
(a) Into the living room.
(b) Into the basement.
(c) To her room.
(d) To Tony's car.
10. What is Ironic about Alice's refusal?
(a) She will meet her future husband at work.
(b) Tony will be the love of her life, if she would only go on a date with him.
(c) Her family is so understanding and loving.
(d) She initially refuses Tony's proposal on the grounds that her own family will not be accepted in Tony's world.
11. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He wants to show off.
(b) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(c) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
(d) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
12. Why does Alice say about everything in the world?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is disgusting.
13. What does this person show Alice?
(a) Some fireworks.
(b) A painting.
(c) A dance.
(d) A book.
14. To what has Grandpa not responded?
(a) Requests for him to find a job.
(b) The government's letters regarding his tax evasion.
(c) Phone calls from the courthouse.
(d) The police station's letters regarding his unpaid parking tickets.
15. Why might Tony feel the way he does about the Sycamore family?
(a) They do not seem to like him.
(b) They are strange and unusual.
(c) They are more accepting than his own family.
(d) They are not as kind as his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice love Tony?
2. Why is Mr. Henderson at the house?
3. From what type of family does Alice come?
4. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
5. What does Alice ask her family to do?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)