Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alice respond to Tony?
(a) She still does not want to marry him.
(b) She agrees to run away with him.
(c) She relents.
(d) She is even more ashamed of her family.
2. What has Grandpa never done?
(a) Paid parking tickets.
(c) Paid any income taxes.
(d) Participated in jury duty.
3. What does Alice say to Tony?
(c) Come in.
4. Why must the two part for the evening?
(a) Alice's family does not like Tony.
(b) They are in an argument.
(c) It is late.
(d) They have broken up.
5. What is Ironic about Alice's refusal?
(a) She will meet her future husband at work.
(b) Tony will be the love of her life, if she would only go on a date with him.
(c) Her family is so understanding and loving.
(d) She initially refuses Tony's proposal on the grounds that her own family will not be accepted in Tony's world.
6. What does Grandpa ask God to allow?
(a) The basement to be easily repaired.
(b) That Mr. Henderson leaves them alone.
(c) Paul and Mr. DePinna to stop making fireworks.
(d) The family to continue living in the manner it has become used to.
7. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To leave the house.
(b) To keep Tony away from her.
(c) To please behave tonight.
(d) To hide in their rooms.
8. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
(a) The basement.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garage.
(d) The second floor.
9. How might Tony feel about being interrupted by Alice's family members?
(d) Content and not bothered.
10. To what has Grandpa not responded?
(a) Phone calls from the courthouse.
(b) The police station's letters regarding his unpaid parking tickets.
(c) Requests for him to find a job.
(d) The government's letters regarding his tax evasion.
11. Why does Tony ask Alice to do this?
(a) He cares about her.
(b) He does not want her to forget to pack anything important.
(c) He does not want her to forget him.
(d) He will have thought of so many new things to say.
12. Whose son is Tony?
(a) A famous actor.
(b) A professor.
(c) The firm's owner.
(d) The headmaster of a prep school.
13. What does Alice agree to do?
(a) Leave her family.
(b) Marry Tony.
(c) Run away with Tony.
(d) Forget about Tony.
14. Why does Rheba enter the room?
(a) To check on the dinner count.
(b) To talk to Alice.
(c) She is looking for her boyfriend.
(d) To clean the room.
15. For what can Grandpa see no need?
(a) His money to be spent by the police force.
(b) His money to be put to something that he cannot see.
(c) Acquiring a job that he does not want.
(d) His participation in jury duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the reader or audience member know that this room serves more than one purpose?
2. On what does Penny comment?
3. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
4. Why does Alice say about everything in the world?
5. Why might Tony like Alice's family?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)