|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) All is quiet.
(b) Everyone is moving about making noise.
(c) There are still odd noises heard.
(d) The family members are all talking at once.
2. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
(b) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(c) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(d) It is a painting of Alice.
3. What do the family members think of Tony?
(a) They do not trust him.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) They are very accepting of him.
(d) They are unsure if he is right for Alice.
4. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
(a) Attending a commencement ceremony.
(b) Work at a bank.
(c) The basement making fireworks.
(d) Selling candy.
5. How does Tony feel about Alice's family?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is annoyed by them.
(c) He is unsure how he feels about them.
(d) He worries about their mental health.
6. What is not a good enough reason for Grandpa to part with his money?
(a) To operation of the police force.
(b) The need for an income.
(c) The operation of the federal government
(d) The right to a fair and speedy trial.
7. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
(a) To an arm wrestling contest.
(b) To provide evidence he had parked illegally.
(c) To provide some evidence of where the funds will go.
(d) To force him to serve jury duty.
8. Why does Alice tell Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She is already married.
(b) Her family does not approve of him.
(c) She no longer loves him.
(d) He can never understand her family.
9. Why is Mr. Henderson at the house?
(a) He is Alice's date.
(b) He has some of the Sycamore's mail.
(c) He is coming for dinner.
(d) He has come to speak to Grandpa.
10. How does Mr. Henderson leave?
(a) In a huff.
(b) He is thrown out of the house.
(c) With encouragement from Grandpa.
11. Where does Alice go to get ready for her date?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In her own home.
(d) In the office.
12. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
(b) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(c) He wants to show off.
(d) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
13. What genre of play is "You Can't Take It With You?"
(a) Romantic comedy.
(b) Historical fiction.
(d) Science fiction.
14. Who is Penny's daughter?
(a) Alice Sycamore.
(b) Anne Sycamore.
(c) Alicia Sycamore.
(d) Ally Sycamore.
15. How does Alice feel about her family?
(a) She dreams of escaping their oddities.
(b) She adores them in spite of their quirkiness.
(c) She is annoyed and embarrassed by their odd behavior.
(d) She is angry that they are not normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grandpa not know?
2. What does Alice declare?
3. What might be some of the unusual noises heard throughout the apartment?
4. What is Penny Sycamore doing?
5. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)