|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
(a) The most unconventional of the Sycamore family.
(b) The most normal family member.
(c) The oldest sibling of the Sycamore family.
(d) The most unusual of the Sycamore family.
2. What scenario mirrors the challenges of the American family endured during the dire economic times of the Depression?
(a) Alice's desire to be a career woman.
(b) Alice's love for the family in spite of difficulties and differences.
(c) Alice and Tony being unsure if they have enough in common.
(d) The lack of the acceptance of Alice's family by Tony.
3. Where does Alice go to get ready for her date?
(a) In her own home.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the office.
4. How might Tony feel about being interrupted by Alice's family members?
(a) Content and not bothered.
5. What does this person show Alice?
(a) Some fireworks.
(b) A painting.
(c) A book.
(d) A dance.
6. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(b) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
(c) He wants to show off.
(d) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
7. Why does Alice tell Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She is already married.
(b) He can never understand her family.
(c) She no longer loves him.
(d) Her family does not approve of him.
8. What does Alice declare?
(a) The painting is the most beautiful one she has ever seen.
(b) The dance is beautiful.
(c) She wants to begin reading the book immediately.
(d) The fireworks' red glow is beautiful.
9. What does Grandpa ask God to allow?
(a) Paul and Mr. DePinna to stop making fireworks.
(b) That Mr. Henderson leaves them alone.
(c) The family to continue living in the manner it has become used to.
(d) The basement to be easily repaired.
10. How does Mr. Henderson leave?
(a) He is thrown out of the house.
(b) In a huff.
(d) With encouragement from Grandpa.
11. Why does Alice love Tony?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He accepts her family for who they are.
(c) He is a smooth talker.
(d) He is wealthy.
12. What does Tony ask Alice to do?
(a) Have a nice life.
(b) Remember him.
(c) Pack her things.
(d) Meet him before work in the morning.
13. What does Alice Sycamore do for a living?
(a) She is a banker in a firm on Wall Street.
(b) She sells candy with Ed.
(c) She makes fireworks with her father.
(d) She is a secretary at a Wall Street firm.
14. Who does Grandpa not know?
(a) That Penny has left.
(b) Alice is in love with Tony.
(c) Essie has hired a ballet instructor.
(d) Any of the graduates.
15. What does Tony mention about his family?
(a) They are also very odd.
(b) Everyone has difficulty with family dynamics.
(c) They are perfect.
(d) They are better than Alice's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
2. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
3. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
4. How does Alice feel about Tony?
5. How does Tony feel about Alice's family?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)