|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alice feel about her family?
(a) She is annoyed with their strange behavior and wants nothing to do with them.
(b) She loves them too much to ever cut them out of her life.
(c) She loves them but is willing to leave them to be with Tony.
(d) She loves them and wants them to accept Tony.
2. What is happening at the same time Alice and Tony are making declarations to one another?
(a) The rest of the family is in the basement making fireworks.
(b) The family members are all standing around, watching.
(c) Essie is dancing and Penny is painting.
(d) Their declarations occur amid interruptions of the family members.
3. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) Everyone is moving about making noise.
(b) All is quiet.
(c) There are still odd noises heard.
(d) The family members are all talking at once.
4. Who does Alice find?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandfather.
5. Why does Alice wonder if a visitor has arrived?
(a) Her mother is at the door.
(b) There is a knock on the door.
(c) The doorbell sounds.
(d) The dog starts to bark.
6. On what does Ed work?
(a) The printing press.
(b) A painting.
(c) A new fireworks design.
(d) A new woodworking project.
7. What is Penny Sycamore doing?
(a) Running the cash register.
(c) Typing away at one of the many plays she is writing.
(d) Watching her daughter's ballet lesson.
8. What else does Alice declare?
(a) The book is beautiful.
(b) Everything is beautiful.
(c) The painting is gorgeous.
(d) The dance is fantastic.
9. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
(a) The most normal family member.
(b) The most unconventional of the Sycamore family.
(c) The most unusual of the Sycamore family.
(d) The oldest sibling of the Sycamore family.
10. Where does Alice go to get ready for her date?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In her own home.
(d) In the office.
11. How are the characters introduced?
(a) Alice introduces them.
(b) As they come in and out of this room.
(c) A voice-over describes each character.
(d) By Grandpa.
12. How does Alice feel about Tony?
(a) She is unsure about him.
(b) She really likes him.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She detests him.
13. Why is Essie Carmichael making candy?
(a) Her mother sells candy from the home.
(b) It is one of her many hobbies.
(c) She loves candy.
(d) Her husband, Ed, has taken orders for the sweets that need to be filled today.
14. What does Tony remind Alice?
(a) Every couple has challenges with family dynamics.
(b) His family is even more odd.
(c) They will be building their own lives away from their families.
(d) They do not have to live near her family.
15. What does Grandpa ask God to allow?
(a) Paul and Mr. DePinna to stop making fireworks.
(b) That Mr. Henderson leaves them alone.
(c) The basement to be easily repaired.
(d) The family to continue living in the manner it has become used to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Tony feel the way he does about the Sycamore family?
2. How does Alice respond to Tony?
3. How does Alice feel about her family?
4. Why does Alice feel she has to refuse this?
5. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)