|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She feels unsure.
(b) She feels excited.
(c) She feels tired.
(d) She feels exasperated.
2. What might be some of the unusual noises heard throughout the apartment?
(b) The construction of fireworks.
(c) A party in the basement.
(d) Creaking of the old house.
3. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new woodworking project.
(b) A new fireworks design.
(c) A painting.
(d) The printing press.
4. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It is a painting of Alice.
(b) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(c) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(d) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
5. Why does Alice love Tony?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He accepts her family for who they are.
(c) He is a smooth talker.
(d) He is wealthy.
6. What else does Alice declare?
(a) The painting is gorgeous.
(b) The book is beautiful.
(c) Everything is beautiful.
(d) The dance is fantastic.
7. What does Grandpa enjoy doing?
(a) Selling candy.
(b) Attending commencement exercises.
(c) Running the household.
(d) Working at the bank.
8. Why does Alice wonder if a visitor has arrived?
(a) There is a knock on the door.
(b) Her mother is at the door.
(c) The dog starts to bark.
(d) The doorbell sounds.
9. What must Alice and Tony do?
(a) Part for the evening.
(b) Get packed to run away.
(c) Say goodbye and end their relationship.
(d) Face her family.
10. What genre of play is "You Can't Take It With You?"
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Romantic comedy.
(c) Historical fiction.
11. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
(a) So that he may begin the typesetting.
(b) He wants to make sure his favorite dessert, apple pie, is included on it.
(c) He is a very picky eater.
(d) He has a strong sense of curiosity.
12. What does Tony mention about his family?
(a) They are perfect.
(b) Everyone has difficulty with family dynamics.
(c) They are better than Alice's family.
(d) They are also very odd.
13. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To keep Tony away from her.
(b) To please behave tonight.
(c) To leave the house.
(d) To hide in their rooms.
14. Why are the family members interrupting Alice and Tony?
(a) They love them and want the couple to feel a part of the family.
(b) They want to be the center of attention.
(c) They do not want Tony to date Alice.
(d) They like to be bothersome.
15. Who passes Mr. Henderson in the hall?
(a) Mr. Kolenkhov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice initially refuse?
2. Where does Tony attend college?
3. How does the reader or audience member know that this room serves more than one purpose?
4. Who is Penny's daughter?
5. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)