|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new woodworking project.
(b) A painting.
(c) The printing press.
(d) A new fireworks design.
2. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To please behave tonight.
(b) To hide in their rooms.
(c) To keep Tony away from her.
(d) To leave the house.
3. How does the couple act?
(c) Tenderly romantic.
4. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
5. Why does Alice declare this?
(a) Her mother is so kind and thoughtful.
(b) Her relationship with Tony will work out after all.
(c) Her family is not so strange afte rall.
(d) She loves her grandfather.
6. Who passes Mr. Henderson in the hall?
(b) Mr. Kolenkhov.
7. Why are the family members interrupting Alice and Tony?
(a) They love them and want the couple to feel a part of the family.
(b) They like to be bothersome.
(c) They want to be the center of attention.
(d) They do not want Tony to date Alice.
8. What does Grandpa ask God to allow?
(a) The family to continue living in the manner it has become used to.
(b) That Mr. Henderson leaves them alone.
(c) Paul and Mr. DePinna to stop making fireworks.
(d) The basement to be easily repaired.
9. Why does Rheba enter the room?
(a) She is looking for her boyfriend.
(b) To check on the dinner count.
(c) To talk to Alice.
(d) To clean the room.
10. On what does Penny comment?
(a) Alice's huge smile.
(b) The new dress Alice is wearing.
(c) Alice's new shoes.
(d) Alice's makeup.
11. Why is Essie Carmichael making candy?
(a) Her husband, Ed, has taken orders for the sweets that need to be filled today.
(b) It is one of her many hobbies.
(c) Her mother sells candy from the home.
(d) She loves candy.
12. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The garage.
(d) The basement.
13. What occurs in the basement?
(a) An explosion.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A flood.
(d) A celebration.
14. Why might Tony feel the way he does about the Sycamore family?
(a) They are more accepting than his own family.
(b) They do not seem to like him.
(c) They are strange and unusual.
(d) They are not as kind as his family.
15. The curtain goes down temporarily and rises on what scene?
(a) A different scene the next day.
(b) The same scene later that night.
(c) The same scene the next day.
(d) A different scene later that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not a good enough reason for Grandpa to part with his money?
2. What does Grandpa enjoy doing?
3. What takes place at Columbia University?
4. What is Penny Sycamore doing?
5. Who is the patriarch of this zany family?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)