|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Grandpa never done?
(b) Paid parking tickets.
(c) Participated in jury duty.
(d) Paid any income taxes.
2. Why does Alice wonder if a visitor has arrived?
(a) The dog starts to bark.
(b) The doorbell sounds.
(c) Her mother is at the door.
(d) There is a knock on the door.
3. What scenario mirrors the challenges of the American family endured during the dire economic times of the Depression?
(a) The lack of the acceptance of Alice's family by Tony.
(b) Alice and Tony being unsure if they have enough in common.
(c) Alice's love for the family in spite of difficulties and differences.
(d) Alice's desire to be a career woman.
4. What does Penny assume about the man standing in the doorway?
(a) He is the neighbor.
(b) He is looking for Ed.
(c) He is from the IRS.
(d) He is Alice's date.
5. From what type of family does Alice come?
(a) One that is fairly typical.
(b) One that is similar to the Kirbys.
(c) One that is not accepting of others.
(d) One that accepts anyone, regardless of nationality or profession.
6. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It is a painting of Alice.
(b) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(c) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(d) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
7. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
(a) To provide evidence he had parked illegally.
(b) To provide some evidence of where the funds will go.
(c) To force him to serve jury duty.
(d) To an arm wrestling contest.
8. How does the couple act?
(c) Tenderly romantic.
9. What does Alice say to Tony?
(b) Come in.
10. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new woodworking project.
(b) A new fireworks design.
(c) A painting.
(d) The printing press.
11. Why does Alice love Tony?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is a smooth talker.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He accepts her family for who they are.
12. What does this person show Alice?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A dance.
(d) Some fireworks.
13. On what does Penny comment?
(a) The new dress Alice is wearing.
(b) Alice's new shoes.
(c) Alice's makeup.
(d) Alice's huge smile.
14. To what has Grandpa not responded?
(a) The police station's letters regarding his unpaid parking tickets.
(b) Phone calls from the courthouse.
(c) The government's letters regarding his tax evasion.
(d) Requests for him to find a job.
15. What does Tony remind Alice?
(a) His family is even more odd.
(b) They will be building their own lives away from their families.
(c) Every couple has challenges with family dynamics.
(d) They do not have to live near her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
2. What occurs in the basement?
3. What does Alice ask her family to do?
4. Why does Donald arrive with flies?
5. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)