|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Alice declare?
(a) The painting is gorgeous.
(b) The book is beautiful.
(c) Everything is beautiful.
(d) The dance is fantastic.
2. How does Tony feel about Alice's family?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He worries about their mental health.
(c) He is annoyed by them.
(d) He is unsure how he feels about them.
3. Why does Alice tell Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) He can never understand her family.
(c) Her family does not approve of him.
(d) She is already married.
4. To what has Grandpa not responded?
(a) The government's letters regarding his tax evasion.
(b) The police station's letters regarding his unpaid parking tickets.
(c) Phone calls from the courthouse.
(d) Requests for him to find a job.
5. What is this person's name?
(d) Grandpa Vanderhof.
6. What is Ironic about Alice's refusal?
(a) She will meet her future husband at work.
(b) Tony will be the love of her life, if she would only go on a date with him.
(c) Her family is so understanding and loving.
(d) She initially refuses Tony's proposal on the grounds that her own family will not be accepted in Tony's world.
7. How does Alice respond to Tony?
(a) She still does not want to marry him.
(b) She agrees to run away with him.
(c) She relents.
(d) She is even more ashamed of her family.
8. Who has come for dinner with the Sycamore family?
(a) The Kirbys.
(b) Tony Kirby.
(c) Mr. Kolenkhov.
(d) Mr. Henderson.
9. Why must the two part for the evening?
(a) Alice's family does not like Tony.
(b) They are in an argument.
(c) They have broken up.
(d) It is late.
10. What is Mr. Henderson's job?
(a) To revoke his driver's license.
(b) To force him to come to jury duty.
(c) To explain the tax situation to Grandpa.
(d) To offer him a job.
11. What does this person show Alice?
(a) Some fireworks.
(b) A painting.
(c) A dance.
(d) A book.
12. What does Tony remind Alice?
(a) Every couple has challenges with family dynamics.
(b) They do not have to live near her family.
(c) His family is even more odd.
(d) They will be building their own lives away from their families.
13. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
(b) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(c) He wants to show off.
(d) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
14. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To keep Tony away from her.
(b) To please behave tonight.
(c) To leave the house.
(d) To hide in their rooms.
15. Where does Alice go to get ready for her date?
(b) In her own home.
(c) In the office.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice reveal about her evening?
2. What does Tony mention about his family?
3. How does Alice feel about her family?
4. Why does Alice declare this?
5. How does the reader or audience member know that this room serves more than one purpose?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)