|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not a good enough reason for Grandpa to part with his money?
(a) To operation of the police force.
(b) The need for an income.
(c) The operation of the federal government
(d) The right to a fair and speedy trial.
2. What does Grandpa ask God to allow?
(a) The basement to be easily repaired.
(b) Paul and Mr. DePinna to stop making fireworks.
(c) That Mr. Henderson leaves them alone.
(d) The family to continue living in the manner it has become used to.
3. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(b) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(c) It is a painting of Alice.
(d) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
4. How does Alice feel about her family?
(a) She adores them in spite of their quirkiness.
(b) She is angry that they are not normal.
(c) She is annoyed and embarrassed by their odd behavior.
(d) She dreams of escaping their oddities.
5. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new fireworks design.
(b) A new woodworking project.
(c) The printing press.
(d) A painting.
6. What else does Alice declare?
(a) The dance is fantastic.
(b) Everything is beautiful.
(c) The painting is gorgeous.
(d) The book is beautiful.
7. How might Tony's family compare to Alice's?
(a) They might be very similar to Alice's family.
(b) They might be the complete opposite of Alice's family.
(c) They might be more kind than Alice's family.
(d) They might be quirkier than Alice's family.
8. Why must the two part for the evening?
(a) They have broken up.
(b) Alice's family does not like Tony.
(c) It is late.
(d) They are in an argument.
9. How does Alice respond to Tony?
(a) She relents.
(b) She is even more ashamed of her family.
(c) She agrees to run away with him.
(d) She still does not want to marry him.
10. Where are Alice and Tony Kirby going?
(a) Out to a movie.
(b) To the symphony.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To an art show.
11. Where does Alice go to get ready for her date?
(a) In the basement.
(c) In her own home.
(d) In the office.
12. For what can Grandpa see no need?
(a) His money to be spent by the police force.
(b) His participation in jury duty.
(c) Acquiring a job that he does not want.
(d) His money to be put to something that he cannot see.
13. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She feels exasperated.
(b) She feels unsure.
(c) She feels tired.
(d) She feels excited.
14. What is unusual about the apartment?
(a) It is quiet.
(b) There are unusual noises throughout the apartment.
(c) Everyone is in the same room.
(d) The windows are boarded up.
15. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(b) He wants to show off.
(c) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
(d) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
2. What is the purpose of the cluttered and chaotic living room of Grandpa Vanderhof?
3. The curtain goes down temporarily and rises on what scene?
4. Why does Alice say about everything in the world?
5. Why might Tony like Alice's family?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)