|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Henderson?
(a) He is the neighbor.
(b) The man from the Internal Revenue Service.
(c) He is Alice's date.
(d) A man to whom Ed sells candy.
2. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) The family members are all talking at once.
(b) All is quiet.
(c) There are still odd noises heard.
(d) Everyone is moving about making noise.
3. What is the purpose of the cluttered and chaotic living room of Grandpa Vanderhof?
(a) It is where the play opens.
(b) The characters discuss this location in the first scene.
(c) The characters are headed here in the first scene.
(d) It is the setting for part of the first scene.
4. What does Penny assume about the man standing in the doorway?
(a) He is from the IRS.
(b) He is Alice's date.
(c) He is the neighbor.
(d) He is looking for Ed.
5. Why might Tony feel the way he does about the Sycamore family?
(a) They are strange and unusual.
(b) They are not as kind as his family.
(c) They do not seem to like him.
(d) They are more accepting than his own family.
6. Who does Grandpa not know?
(a) Essie has hired a ballet instructor.
(b) That Penny has left.
(c) Any of the graduates.
(d) Alice is in love with Tony.
7. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
(b) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
(c) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(d) It is a painting of Alice.
8. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garage.
(c) The basement.
(d) The second floor.
9. What scenario mirrors the challenges of the American family endured during the dire economic times of the Depression?
(a) The lack of the acceptance of Alice's family by Tony.
(b) Alice's love for the family in spite of difficulties and differences.
(c) Alice's desire to be a career woman.
(d) Alice and Tony being unsure if they have enough in common.
10. Who does Alice think the visitor might be?
(c) A neighbor.
11. Why does Rheba enter the room?
(a) To talk to Alice.
(b) She is looking for her boyfriend.
(c) To check on the dinner count.
(d) To clean the room.
12. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
13. The curtain goes down temporarily and rises on what scene?
(a) A different scene the next day.
(b) The same scene later that night.
(c) A different scene later that night.
(d) The same scene the next day.
14. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new fireworks design.
(b) The printing press.
(c) A painting.
(d) A new woodworking project.
15. How does Mr. Henderson leave?
(a) He is thrown out of the house.
(b) With encouragement from Grandpa.
(c) In a huff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice declare?
2. Where does Alice go?
3. Why does Alice wonder if a visitor has arrived?
4. How does the couple act?
5. On what does Penny comment?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)