|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Henderson's job?
(a) To force him to come to jury duty.
(b) To explain the tax situation to Grandpa.
(c) To revoke his driver's license.
(d) To offer him a job.
2. How does Alice feel about Tony?
(a) She is unsure about him.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She detests him.
(d) She really likes him.
3. What has Grandpa never done?
(a) Participated in jury duty.
(c) Paid any income taxes.
(d) Paid parking tickets.
4. What does Grandpa enjoy doing?
(a) Selling candy.
(b) Running the household.
(c) Attending commencement exercises.
(d) Working at the bank.
5. Why is Essie Carmichael making candy?
(a) Her mother sells candy from the home.
(b) It is one of her many hobbies.
(c) Her husband, Ed, has taken orders for the sweets that need to be filled today.
(d) She loves candy.
6. What does Alice agree to do?
(a) Run away with Tony.
(b) Marry Tony.
(c) Forget about Tony.
(d) Leave her family.
7. How are the characters introduced?
(a) Alice introduces them.
(b) A voice-over describes each character.
(c) By Grandpa.
(d) As they come in and out of this room.
8. Why does Alice love Tony?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is a smooth talker.
(c) He accepts her family for who they are.
(d) He is handsome.
9. What might be some of the unusual noises heard throughout the apartment?
(a) A party in the basement.
(b) The construction of fireworks.
(d) Creaking of the old house.
10. What does Alice reveal about her evening?
(a) She is going out on a date with Tony Kirby.
(b) She is going to a movie with friends.
(c) She is working late.
(d) She is going to a concert.
11. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
(a) So that he may begin the typesetting.
(b) He has a strong sense of curiosity.
(c) He wants to make sure his favorite dessert, apple pie, is included on it.
(d) He is a very picky eater.
12. What do Alice and Tony declare?
(a) Their love for one another.
(b) Their desire to run away together.
(c) Their desire for independence.
(d) The end of their relationship.
13. Why is what this person shows her important?
(a) It is a book that has been in the family for generations.
(b) It his most recent fireworks masterpiece.
(c) It is a painting of Alice.
(d) It is a dance that Essie has choreographed.
14. What does Grandpa ask God to allow?
(a) The basement to be easily repaired.
(b) The family to continue living in the manner it has become used to.
(c) That Mr. Henderson leaves them alone.
(d) Paul and Mr. DePinna to stop making fireworks.
15. Who has come for dinner with the Sycamore family?
(a) Mr. Kolenkhov.
(b) The Kirbys.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
(d) Tony Kirby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Henderson leave?
2. How might Tony feel about being interrupted by Alice's family members?
3. Who is the patriarch of this zany family?
4. What does Alice say to Tony?
5. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)