|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
(a) To provide some evidence of where the funds will go.
(b) To force him to serve jury duty.
(c) To provide evidence he had parked illegally.
(d) To an arm wrestling contest.
2. What is happening at the same time Alice and Tony are making declarations to one another?
(a) Their declarations occur amid interruptions of the family members.
(b) The family members are all standing around, watching.
(c) Essie is dancing and Penny is painting.
(d) The rest of the family is in the basement making fireworks.
3. What is not a good enough reason for Grandpa to part with his money?
(a) To operation of the police force.
(b) The need for an income.
(c) The right to a fair and speedy trial.
(d) The operation of the federal government
4. What does this person show Alice?
(a) Some fireworks.
(b) A dance.
(c) A book.
(d) A painting.
5. Why does Rheba enter the room?
(a) To check on the dinner count.
(b) To clean the room.
(c) To talk to Alice.
(d) She is looking for her boyfriend.
6. What is Penny Sycamore doing?
(a) Typing away at one of the many plays she is writing.
(b) Watching her daughter's ballet lesson.
(d) Running the cash register.
7. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) All is quiet.
(b) The family members are all talking at once.
(c) There are still odd noises heard.
(d) Everyone is moving about making noise.
8. What is Mr. Henderson's job?
(a) To explain the tax situation to Grandpa.
(b) To offer him a job.
(c) To force him to come to jury duty.
(d) To revoke his driver's license.
9. How might Tony's family compare to Alice's?
(a) They might be quirkier than Alice's family.
(b) They might be more kind than Alice's family.
(c) They might be the complete opposite of Alice's family.
(d) They might be very similar to Alice's family.
10. From where does the patriarch of this zany family come home?
(a) Attending a commencement ceremony.
(b) Selling candy.
(c) The basement making fireworks.
(d) Work at a bank.
11. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
12. Why does Tony ask Alice to do this?
(a) He does not want her to forget him.
(b) He does not want her to forget to pack anything important.
(c) He will have thought of so many new things to say.
(d) He cares about her.
13. Where does Tony attend college?
(b) Northwestern University.
(c) Cambridge University in England.
(d) Columbia University.
14. What is Ironic about Alice's refusal?
(a) Tony will be the love of her life, if she would only go on a date with him.
(b) Her family is so understanding and loving.
(c) She will meet her future husband at work.
(d) She initially refuses Tony's proposal on the grounds that her own family will not be accepted in Tony's world.
15. What does Tony's comment about family dynamics foreshadow?
(a) His loving, yet odd family.
(b) The easiness in which his family operates.
(c) His lack of a family.
(d) His harsh and difficult family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Grandpa never done?
2. How are the characters introduced?
3. Why might Tony like Alice's family?
4. Whose son is Tony?
5. What is unusual about the apartment?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)