|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose son is Tony?
(a) The firm's owner.
(b) A professor.
(c) The headmaster of a prep school.
(d) A famous actor.
2. On what does Ed work?
(a) A new woodworking project.
(b) A painting.
(c) A new fireworks design.
(d) The printing press.
3. How are the characters introduced?
(a) A voice-over describes each character.
(b) Alice introduces them.
(c) By Grandpa.
(d) As they come in and out of this room.
4. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) There are still odd noises heard.
(b) All is quiet.
(c) Everyone is moving about making noise.
(d) The family members are all talking at once.
5. Who has come for dinner with the Sycamore family?
(a) Tony Kirby.
(b) The Kirbys.
(c) Mr. Kolenkhov.
(d) Mr. Henderson.
6. What does Alice Sycamore do for a living?
(a) She sells candy with Ed.
(b) She is a banker in a firm on Wall Street.
(c) She is a secretary at a Wall Street firm.
(d) She makes fireworks with her father.
7. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
8. For what can Grandpa see no need?
(a) His money to be spent by the police force.
(b) His participation in jury duty.
(c) Acquiring a job that he does not want.
(d) His money to be put to something that he cannot see.
9. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To leave the house.
(b) To hide in their rooms.
(c) To keep Tony away from her.
(d) To please behave tonight.
10. Who does Alice think the visitor might be?
(c) A neighbor.
11. From where does Penny's daughter arrive?
(a) Selling candy.
(b) Creating fireworks.
(d) An art gallery.
12. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
(a) The most unusual of the Sycamore family.
(b) The most normal family member.
(c) The most unconventional of the Sycamore family.
(d) The oldest sibling of the Sycamore family.
13. Why does Donald arrive with flies?
(a) To feed the snakes in the solarium.
(b) To annoy the family.
(c) To put into the pie.
(d) To show Ed, who is fascinated by them.
14. Why does Alice say about everything in the world?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is dirty.
15. The curtain goes down temporarily and rises on what scene?
(a) A different scene later that night.
(b) The same scene the next day.
(c) The same scene later that night.
(d) A different scene the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice initially refuse?
2. Where are Alice and Tony Kirby going?
3. What genre of play is "You Can't Take It With You?"
4. What do Alice and Tony declare?
5. What occurs in the basement?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)