|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patriarch of this zany family?
(a) Tony Kirby.
(b) Ed Carmichael.
(c) Grandpa Vanderhof.
(d) Paul Sycamore.
2. What does this person show Alice?
(a) A painting.
(b) A dance.
(c) Some fireworks.
(d) A book.
3. What does Penny assume about the man standing in the doorway?
(a) He is from the IRS.
(b) He is Alice's date.
(c) He is looking for Ed.
(d) He is the neighbor.
4. Why does Alice assume Tony will not be able to accept her family?
(a) Tony is very critical.
(b) Tony has already complained about her family's odd behavior.
(c) No one else accepts her family.
(d) She has a difficult time believing they can be accepted.
5. What scenario mirrors the challenges of the American family endured during the dire economic times of the Depression?
(a) Alice's love for the family in spite of difficulties and differences.
(b) The lack of the acceptance of Alice's family by Tony.
(c) Alice and Tony being unsure if they have enough in common.
(d) Alice's desire to be a career woman.
6. From what type of family does Alice come?
(a) One that is fairly typical.
(b) One that is not accepting of others.
(c) One that accepts anyone, regardless of nationality or profession.
(d) One that is similar to the Kirbys.
7. On what does Penny comment?
(a) The new dress Alice is wearing.
(b) Alice's huge smile.
(c) Alice's new shoes.
(d) Alice's makeup.
8. Who passes Mr. Henderson in the hall?
(a) Mr. Kolenkhov.
9. Who does Grandpa not know?
(a) That Penny has left.
(b) Essie has hired a ballet instructor.
(c) Any of the graduates.
(d) Alice is in love with Tony.
10. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
11. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
(b) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(c) He wants to show off.
(d) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
12. What is this person's name?
(b) Grandpa Vanderhof.
13. What does Alice agree to do?
(a) Leave her family.
(b) Marry Tony.
(c) Forget about Tony.
(d) Run away with Tony.
14. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
(a) The most unusual of the Sycamore family.
(b) The most unconventional of the Sycamore family.
(c) The oldest sibling of the Sycamore family.
(d) The most normal family member.
15. What does Tony mention about his family?
(a) They are better than Alice's family.
(b) They are perfect.
(c) They are also very odd.
(d) Everyone has difficulty with family dynamics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice feel about her family?
2. Who does Alice think the visitor might be?
3. Where does Tony attend college?
4. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
5. Why does Donald arrive with flies?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)