|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Grandpa never done?
(a) Participated in jury duty.
(b) Paid parking tickets.
(d) Paid any income taxes.
2. From what type of family does Alice come?
(a) One that accepts anyone, regardless of nationality or profession.
(b) One that is fairly typical.
(c) One that is not accepting of others.
(d) One that is similar to the Kirbys.
3. What does Alice Sycamore do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary at a Wall Street firm.
(b) She sells candy with Ed.
(c) She is a banker in a firm on Wall Street.
(d) She makes fireworks with her father.
4. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garage.
(c) The basement.
(d) The second floor.
5. Why does Alice love Tony?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He accepts her family for who they are.
(d) He is a smooth talker.
6. Why does Alice tell Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) He can never understand her family.
(c) Her family does not approve of him.
(d) She is already married.
7. Why does Alice say about everything in the world?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is dirty.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is sad.
8. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She feels unsure.
(b) She feels tired.
(c) She feels excited.
(d) She feels exasperated.
9. Why does Alice relent?
(a) She wants their relationship to work.
(b) Tony is very convincing.
(c) She does not have the willpower to argue.
(d) She loves and trusts Tony.
10. What is the purpose of the cluttered and chaotic living room of Grandpa Vanderhof?
(a) The characters discuss this location in the first scene.
(b) It is where the play opens.
(c) The characters are headed here in the first scene.
(d) It is the setting for part of the first scene.
11. What is Penny Sycamore doing?
(b) Running the cash register.
(c) Watching her daughter's ballet lesson.
(d) Typing away at one of the many plays she is writing.
12. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
(a) To provide some evidence of where the funds will go.
(b) To provide evidence he had parked illegally.
(c) To force him to serve jury duty.
(d) To an arm wrestling contest.
13. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
(a) He has a strong sense of curiosity.
(b) So that he may begin the typesetting.
(c) He is a very picky eater.
(d) He wants to make sure his favorite dessert, apple pie, is included on it.
14. What does Grandpa enjoy doing?
(a) Working at the bank.
(b) Running the household.
(c) Selling candy.
(d) Attending commencement exercises.
15. What else does Alice declare?
(a) The painting is gorgeous.
(b) The book is beautiful.
(c) The dance is fantastic.
(d) Everything is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Donald arrive with flies?
2. For what can Grandpa see no need?
3. Why might Tony feel the way he does about the Sycamore family?
4. How might Tony's family compare to Alice's?
5. Why might Tony like Alice's family?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)