|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genre of play is "You Can't Take It With You?"
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Science fiction.
(d) Romantic comedy.
2. What must Alice and Tony do?
(a) Part for the evening.
(b) Face her family.
(c) Get packed to run away.
(d) Say goodbye and end their relationship.
3. How might Tony's family compare to Alice's?
(a) They might be very similar to Alice's family.
(b) They might be the complete opposite of Alice's family.
(c) They might be quirkier than Alice's family.
(d) They might be more kind than Alice's family.
4. Why does Tony ask Alice to do this?
(a) He does not want her to forget to pack anything important.
(b) He does not want her to forget him.
(c) He cares about her.
(d) He will have thought of so many new things to say.
5. Why does Alice tell Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) He can never understand her family.
(b) She no longer loves him.
(c) Her family does not approve of him.
(d) She is already married.
6. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
(b) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(c) He wants to show off.
(d) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
7. How does Alice feel about Tony?
(a) She really likes him.
(b) She detests him.
(c) She is unsure about him.
(d) She does not like him.
8. What does Alice ask her family to do?
(a) To keep Tony away from her.
(b) To hide in their rooms.
(c) To leave the house.
(d) To please behave tonight.
9. Who does Alice think the visitor might be?
(a) A neighbor.
10. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She feels unsure.
(b) She feels tired.
(c) She feels exasperated.
(d) She feels excited.
11. What occurs in the basement?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A flood.
(d) A celebration.
12. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
13. Why does Alice say about everything in the world?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is disgusting.
(d) It is sad.
14. How is Alice compared to the rest of her family?
(a) The most unusual of the Sycamore family.
(b) The most unconventional of the Sycamore family.
(c) The most normal family member.
(d) The oldest sibling of the Sycamore family.
15. How does the reader or audience member know that this room serves more than one purpose?
(a) Books and bookshelves line the walls of the room.
(b) There is a counter and a cash register.
(c) There are beds and multiple dresser drawers, showing it is a bedroom as well.
(d) With its eclectic elements, including live snakes, a xylophone, and a printing press.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
2. What does this person show Alice?
3. What do Alice and Tony declare?
4. On what does Penny comment?
5. What does Tony ask Alice to do?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)