|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony feel about Alice's family?
(a) He is annoyed by them.
(b) He worries about their mental health.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He is unsure how he feels about them.
2. How might Alice feel about being interrupted by her family members?
3. What else does Alice declare?
(a) The book is beautiful.
(b) The painting is gorgeous.
(c) The dance is fantastic.
(d) Everything is beautiful.
4. Why does Alice wonder if a visitor has arrived?
(a) The dog starts to bark.
(b) The doorbell sounds.
(c) There is a knock on the door.
(d) Her mother is at the door.
5. Where does Alice go?
(a) To Tony's car.
(b) To her room.
(c) Into the living room.
(d) Into the basement.
6. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) Everyone is moving about making noise.
(b) There are still odd noises heard.
(c) The family members are all talking at once.
(d) All is quiet.
7. Where do Alice and Tony go on a date?
(a) To the Museum of Modern Art.
(b) To see the New York City Ballet.
(c) To the Monte Carlo Ballet.
(d) To a movie.
8. How might Tony feel about being interrupted by Alice's family members?
(c) Content and not bothered.
9. From what type of family does Alice come?
(a) One that is similar to the Kirbys.
(b) One that is not accepting of others.
(c) One that accepts anyone, regardless of nationality or profession.
(d) One that is fairly typical.
10. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She feels tired.
(b) She feels excited.
(c) She feels unsure.
(d) She feels exasperated.
11. What is this person's name?
(a) Grandpa Vanderhof.
12. Who is Mr. Henderson?
(a) He is the neighbor.
(b) He is Alice's date.
(c) A man to whom Ed sells candy.
(d) The man from the Internal Revenue Service.
13. Who is Penny's daughter?
(a) Alicia Sycamore.
(b) Ally Sycamore.
(c) Alice Sycamore.
(d) Anne Sycamore.
14. Who passes Mr. Henderson in the hall?
(a) Mr. Kolenkhov.
15. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
(a) The basement.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penny assume about the man standing in the doorway?
2. What does Grandpa enjoy doing?
3. How does the couple act?
4. Who is the most aimless of the household and periodically plays notes on the xylophone so that Essie can dance?
5. What does Alice initially refuse?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)