|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Penny comment?
(a) Alice's huge smile.
(b) Alice's new shoes.
(c) Alice's makeup.
(d) The new dress Alice is wearing.
2. How does Alice feel about her family?
(a) She is angry that they are not normal.
(b) She is annoyed and embarrassed by their odd behavior.
(c) She adores them in spite of their quirkiness.
(d) She dreams of escaping their oddities.
3. What is happening at the same time Alice and Tony are making declarations to one another?
(a) The rest of the family is in the basement making fireworks.
(b) Essie is dancing and Penny is painting.
(c) The family members are all standing around, watching.
(d) Their declarations occur amid interruptions of the family members.
4. Why are the family members interrupting Alice and Tony?
(a) They love them and want the couple to feel a part of the family.
(b) They like to be bothersome.
(c) They do not want Tony to date Alice.
(d) They want to be the center of attention.
5. How does Alice feel about her family?
(a) She loves them but is willing to leave them to be with Tony.
(b) She loves them too much to ever cut them out of her life.
(c) She loves them and wants them to accept Tony.
(d) She is annoyed with their strange behavior and wants nothing to do with them.
6. Who is the patriarch of this zany family?
(a) Paul Sycamore.
(b) Ed Carmichael.
(c) Tony Kirby.
(d) Grandpa Vanderhof.
7. What is Ironic about Alice's refusal?
(a) She will meet her future husband at work.
(b) She initially refuses Tony's proposal on the grounds that her own family will not be accepted in Tony's world.
(c) Tony will be the love of her life, if she would only go on a date with him.
(d) Her family is so understanding and loving.
8. Why might Tony like Alice's family?
(a) They are very similar to his family.
(b) They give great presents.
(c) They are so different from his own.
(d) The dinners are superb.
9. Who has come for dinner with the Sycamore family?
(a) Tony Kirby.
(b) The Kirbys.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
(d) Mr. Kolenkhov.
10. What scares Mr. Henderson out of the apartment without another word?
(a) Grandpa yelling at him.
(b) The flood that is now coming into the living room.
(c) The shaking of the floor from the earthquake.
(d) The explosion.
11. What scenario mirrors the challenges of the American family endured during the dire economic times of the Depression?
(a) Alice's desire to be a career woman.
(b) Alice and Tony being unsure if they have enough in common.
(c) Alice's love for the family in spite of difficulties and differences.
(d) The lack of the acceptance of Alice's family by Tony.
12. Who passes Mr. Henderson in the hall?
(b) Mr. Kolenkhov.
13. What takes place at Columbia University?
(a) An art gallery opening that Penny attends.
(b) A commencement ceremony that Grandpa Vanderhof attends.
(c) A ballet class that Essie attends.
(d) A ballet performance that Alice and Tony attend.
14. How is the apartment as Alice and Tony return from their date?
(a) Everyone is moving about making noise.
(b) There are still odd noises heard.
(c) All is quiet.
(d) The family members are all talking at once.
15. Where does Alice go to get ready for her date?
(a) In her own home.
(b) In the office.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rheba enter the room?
2. How does Alice feel about Tony?
3. Why is what this person shows her important?
4. What does Alice ask her family to do?
5. How does the reader or audience member know that this room serves more than one purpose?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)