|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the cluttered and chaotic living room of Grandpa Vanderhof?
(a) It is the setting for part of the first scene.
(b) The characters discuss this location in the first scene.
(c) It is where the play opens.
(d) The characters are headed here in the first scene.
2. What is Mr. Henderson's job?
(a) To revoke his driver's license.
(b) To offer him a job.
(c) To explain the tax situation to Grandpa.
(d) To force him to come to jury duty.
3. Why are the family members interrupting Alice and Tony?
(a) They do not want Tony to date Alice.
(b) They love them and want the couple to feel a part of the family.
(c) They want to be the center of attention.
(d) They like to be bothersome.
4. Whose son is Tony?
(a) The firm's owner.
(b) A famous actor.
(c) A professor.
(d) The headmaster of a prep school.
5. What occurs in the basement?
(a) A flood.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A celebration.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rheba enter the room?
2. Why must the two part for the evening?
3. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
4. What do Alice and Tony declare?
5. Why is what this person shows her important?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)