|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice Sycamore do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary at a Wall Street firm.
(b) She makes fireworks with her father.
(c) She sells candy with Ed.
(d) She is a banker in a firm on Wall Street.
2. Why does Ed ask Rheba about the dinner menu?
(a) He is a very picky eater.
(b) He has a strong sense of curiosity.
(c) So that he may begin the typesetting.
(d) He wants to make sure his favorite dessert, apple pie, is included on it.
3. Who is Penny's daughter?
(a) Alice Sycamore.
(b) Ally Sycamore.
(c) Alicia Sycamore.
(d) Anne Sycamore.
4. How does Grandpa challenge Mr. Henderson?
(a) To force him to serve jury duty.
(b) To an arm wrestling contest.
(c) To provide some evidence of where the funds will go.
(d) To provide evidence he had parked illegally.
5. Where does Tony attend college?
(a) Northwestern University.
(b) Columbia University.
(d) Cambridge University in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice wonder if a visitor has arrived?
2. How does Alice feel about her family?
3. From where do Paul Sycamore and Mr. DePinna emerge?
4. How are the characters introduced?
5. Who is the most aimless of the household and periodically plays notes on the xylophone so that Essie can dance?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)