|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the cluttered and chaotic living room of Grandpa Vanderhof?
(a) It is the setting for part of the first scene.
(b) The characters discuss this location in the first scene.
(c) It is where the play opens.
(d) The characters are headed here in the first scene.
2. Why does Alice tell Tony she cannot marry him?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) Her family does not approve of him.
(c) She is already married.
(d) He can never understand her family.
3. What scares Mr. Henderson out of the apartment without another word?
(a) The explosion.
(b) Grandpa yelling at him.
(c) The flood that is now coming into the living room.
(d) The shaking of the floor from the earthquake.
4. Why does Tony ask Alice to do this?
(a) He does not want her to forget him.
(b) He will have thought of so many new things to say.
(c) He cares about her.
(d) He does not want her to forget to pack anything important.
5. Whose son is Tony?
(a) The headmaster of a prep school.
(b) A professor.
(c) The firm's owner.
(d) A famous actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony attend college?
2. Who is Mr. Henderson?
3. What do the authors show, despite the difficulties and differences in Alice's family?
4. What does this person show Alice?
5. What do the family members think of Tony?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)