|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandpa not know?
(a) Essie has hired a ballet instructor.
(b) Alice is in love with Tony.
(c) That Penny has left.
(d) Any of the graduates.
2. Who is the patriarch of this zany family?
(a) Tony Kirby.
(b) Paul Sycamore.
(c) Ed Carmichael.
(d) Grandpa Vanderhof.
3. Why does Alice assume Tony will not be able to accept her family?
(a) No one else accepts her family.
(b) Tony is very critical.
(c) She has a difficult time believing they can be accepted.
(d) Tony has already complained about her family's odd behavior.
4. Why does Paul show Alice his new fireworks?
(a) He loves her and wants to include her in his hobby.
(b) He wants to show off.
(c) He wants her to learn to make fireworks too.
(d) He is trying to get her away from Tony.
5. Why does Alice feel she has to refuse this?
(a) She wants a normal life.
(b) Her family will miss her.
(c) She and Tony will not last, if her family is not accepted by him and his family.
(d) She wants to be a wife and mother, not a career woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice feel when she tells Tony she cannot marry him?
2. Who passes Mr. Henderson in the hall?
3. What is Ironic about Alice's refusal?
4. Why does Alice wonder if a visitor has arrived?
5. What scares Mr. Henderson out of the apartment without another word?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)