|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genre of play is "You Can't Take It With You?"
(a) Romantic comedy.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
2. Who is the patriarch of this zany family?
(a) Tony Kirby.
(b) Grandpa Vanderhof.
(c) Paul Sycamore.
(d) Ed Carmichael.
3. Who is Penny's daughter?
(a) Alicia Sycamore.
(b) Alice Sycamore.
(c) Ally Sycamore.
(d) Anne Sycamore.
4. What does Penny assume about the man standing in the doorway?
(a) He is the neighbor.
(b) He is from the IRS.
(c) He is looking for Ed.
(d) He is Alice's date.
5. What is the purpose of the cluttered and chaotic living room of Grandpa Vanderhof?
(a) The characters are headed here in the first scene.
(b) It is the setting for part of the first scene.
(c) It is where the play opens.
(d) The characters discuss this location in the first scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Henderson?
2. Where does Alice go?
3. Who is the most aimless of the household and periodically plays notes on the xylophone so that Essie can dance?
4. What scenario mirrors the challenges of the American family endured during the dire economic times of the Depression?
5. Where does Tony attend college?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)