|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Blofeld's wife?
2. What kind of weapon is Blofeld carrying?
3. What is the only thing Bond is now wearing?
4. What is Blofeld known as to the villagers?
5. What does Blofeld want to push Britain away from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
2. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
3. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
4. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
5. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
6. Describe Bond's parents.
7. What does Bond witness from his hideout?
8. What are Blofeld and Irma wearing?
9. What does Blofeld tell Bond?
10. Describe Bond's education.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s. How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)