|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shop Kissy goes to?
2. Where does Bond set up camp?
3. Who writes Bond's obituary?
4. What does Bond use to slide down the wall?
5. What does Blofeld want to push Britain away from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
2. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
3. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
4. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
5. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
6. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
7. Describe Bond's education.
8. How does Bond know Blofeld?
9. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
10. How does Bond escape from the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of death.
1) In what way does Fleming use the Japanese setting to express the theme of death?
2) How does the theme of death affect the tone of the novel? Is it different in thone to other Bond novels?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)