|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the C in SPECTRE stand for?
2. What does Bond think the statues do when he visits them?
3. What does Bond hide behind?
4. Where was Bond's mother born?
5. What kind of weapon is Blofeld carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
2. How does Bond know Blofeld?
3. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
4. What does Blofeld tell Bond?
5. Describe Bond's parents.
6. Describe how Bond makes his way through the castle?
7. What does Bond witness from his hideout?
8. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
9. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
10. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s. How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)