|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond convince Kissy to take him to?
2. When does Bond decide to complete his mission?
3. What organization is Blofeld the head of?
4. What are the workers in the park wearing?
5. What does Bond throw at Blofeld's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond pretend not to know the person in the photograph?
2. Describe Bond's parents.
3. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
4. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
5. How does Bond escape from the castle?
6. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
7. How does Bond know Blofeld?
8. Why does Bond refuse the antidote?
9. How does Bond get into the castle grounds?
10. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond villains.
1) What is a typical Bond villain?
2) Why are Bond villain's usually foreign?
3) How have Bond villain's changed over the years?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's representation of Japanese culture.
1) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Japanese culture is?
2) In what way does Fleming exaggerate parts of Japanese culture to make the novel excting and express some of the deeper themes?
Essay Topic 3
You Only Live Twice is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in You Only Live Twice?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)