|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond fall down?
2. Who is David?
3. What are the workers in the park wearing?
4. Where was Bond's mother born?
5. What does Bond take from Blofeld dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
2. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
3. How does Bond get into the castle grounds?
4. How does Bond escape from the castle?
5. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
6. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
7. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
8. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
9. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
10. Describe Bond's parents.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s. How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How do Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)