|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kissy say Bond was looking for when he fell?
2. What kind of weapon is Blofeld carrying?
3. Who does Kissy believe has sent Bond to save them?
4. What does Bond think Kuro Island looks like?
5. What is the name of the shop Kissy goes to?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements to write a 500-word essay:
1) You Only Live Twice is an example of how Bond keeps the series going through the constant theme of revenge.
2) Bond and Blofeld are not far apart in personality and the only thing that separates them is the fact they are on different sides.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s. How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)