|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kissy tell Bond is a taboo subject on the island?
2. What does Bond have to practice with Kissy in this chapter?
3. What does Bond take from Blofeld dead body?
4. Who does Bond believe Kissy to be when he first sees her?
5. What do Blofeld's guards beat Bond with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Bond makes his way through the castle?
2. Describe Bond's parents.
3. How does Bond know Blofeld?
4. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
5. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
6. How does Bond escape from the castle?
7. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
8. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
9. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
10. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond villains.
1) What is a typical Bond villain?
2) Why are Bond villain's usually foreign?
3) How have Bond villain's changed over the years?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Essay Topic 3
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)