|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bond's aunt live?
2. What does Kissy tie her hair with?
3. What does Bond climb in this chapter?
4. What does Bond hide behind?
5. Where does Bond set up camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
2. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
3. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
4. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
5. Why does Bond refuse the antidote?
6. How does Bond get into the castle grounds?
7. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
8. How does Bond know Blofeld?
9. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
10. Describe how Bond makes his way through the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of death.
1) In what way does Fleming use the Japanese setting to express the theme of death?
2) How does the theme of death affect the tone of the novel? Is it different in thone to other Bond novels?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of revenge.
1) In what way is the theme of revenge a general theme in Bond books? Why is it so important to the series and Bond's character as a whole?
2) How does Fleming express the theme of revenge in You Only Live Twice.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)