|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond hide behind?
2. What does Bond throw at Blofeld's wife?
3. What does the C in SPECTRE stand for?
4. What does Bond attack another one of the guards with?
5. What is the business man carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
2. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
3. Why does Bond pretend not to know the person in the photograph?
4. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
5. How does Bond know Blofeld?
6. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
7. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
8. Describe Bond's parents.
9. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
10. How does Bond escape from the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of death.
1) In what way does Fleming use the Japanese setting to express the theme of death?
2) How does the theme of death affect the tone of the novel? Is it different in thone to other Bond novels?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)