|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond throw at Blofeld's wife?
2. What is the name of Blofeld's wife?
3. What kind of weapon is Blofeld carrying?
4. Who sends a car to pick up Tiger and Bond?
5. What does Bond eat for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Blofeld and Irma wearing?
2. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
3. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
4. Why does Bond refuse the antidote?
5. Why does Bond pretend not to know the person in the photograph?
6. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
7. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
8. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
9. What does Blofeld tell Bond?
10. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of revenge.
1) In what way is the theme of revenge a general theme in Bond books? Why is it so important to the series and Bond's character as a whole?
2) How does Fleming express the theme of revenge in You Only Live Twice.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)