|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond fall down?
2. What does Blofeld want to push Britain away from?
3. What does the C in SPECTRE stand for?
4. What famous school did Bond attend?
5. Where did Bond's aunt live?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's representation of Japanese culture.
1) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Japanese culture is?
2) In what way does Fleming exaggerate parts of Japanese culture to make the novel excting and express some of the deeper themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
In 1967 You Only Live Twice was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 4 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)