|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond eat for breakfast?
2. Who is David?
3. Which of the following does Blofeld not liken himself to?
4. What color is the sky?
5. What is Blofeld wearing on his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
2. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
3. Describe Bond's parents.
4. What does Blofeld tell Bond?
5. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
6. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
7. How does Bond get into the castle grounds?
8. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
9. How does Bond know Blofeld?
10. Why does Bond pretend not to know the person in the photograph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond villains.
1) What is a typical Bond villain?
2) Why are Bond villain's usually foreign?
3) How have Bond villain's changed over the years?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of death.
1) In what way does Fleming use the Japanese setting to express the theme of death?
2) How does the theme of death affect the tone of the novel? Is it different in thone to other Bond novels?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)