|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond kick one of the guards?
2. What is the hut made out of?
3. Where does Bond convince Kissy to take him to?
4. Where does Bond set up camp?
5. What is Blofeld wearing on his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond get into the castle grounds?
2. Describe Bond's parents.
3. Why does Bond refuse the antidote?
4. Describe how Bond makes his way through the castle?
5. Why does Bond pretend not to know the person in the photograph?
6. What are Blofeld and Irma wearing?
7. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
8. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
9. What does Bond witness from his hideout?
10. Describe Bond's education.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1960s. How does Fleming express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)