|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bond convince Kissy to take him to?
2. When does Bond decide to complete his mission?
3. What music does Bond hear from behind a door?
4. What does Bond eat for breakfast?
5. What does Kissy say Bond was looking for when he fell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
2. Describe how Bond makes his way through the castle?
3. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
4. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
5. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
6. How does Bond get into the castle grounds?
7. Describe Bond's parents.
8. Why does Bond pretend not to know the person in the photograph?
9. Why does Bond refuse the antidote?
10. How does Bond know Blofeld?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of revenge.
1) In what way is the theme of revenge a general theme in Bond books? Why is it so important to the series and Bond's character as a whole?
2) How does Fleming express the theme of revenge in You Only Live Twice.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's representation of Japanese culture.
1) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Japanese culture is?
2) In what way does Fleming exaggerate parts of Japanese culture to make the novel excting and express some of the deeper themes?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)