|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does the man work for?
2. Who does Bond believe he is back with when he wakes up?
3. What color is the sky?
4. What is the hut made out of?
5. Who does Kissy believe has sent Bond to save them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond witness from his hideout?
2. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
3. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
4. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
5. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
6. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
7. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
8. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
9. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
10. Describe how Bond makes his way through the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How do Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond villains.
1) What is a typical Bond villain?
2) Why are Bond villain's usually foreign?
3) How have Bond villain's changed over the years?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)