|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond believe he is back with when he wakes up?
2. What does the corporal kill the man with?
3. Who does Bond think about as he smokes his last cigarette?
4. Where was Bond's father born?
5. Where does Bond kick one of the guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond know Blofeld?
2. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
3. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
4. What does Blofeld tell Bond?
5. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
6. Describe Bond's parents.
7. Why does Bond refuse the antidote?
8. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
9. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
10. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How do Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
You Only Live Twice is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond villains.
1) What is a typical Bond villain?
2) Why are Bond villain's usually foreign?
3) How have Bond villain's changed over the years?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)