|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the C in SPECTRE stand for?
2. What does Tiger introduce Bond as?
3. What does Bond eat for breakfast?
4. Where was Bond's father born?
5. Where does Bond kick one of the guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bond's education.
2. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
3. How does Bond escape from the castle?
4. What does Blofeld order Bond to tell him?
5. How does Bond know Blofeld?
6. Describe Bond's parents.
7. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
8. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
9. What does Bond witness from his hideout?
10. Why does Bond pretend not to know the person in the photograph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's representation of Japanese culture.
1) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Japanese culture is?
2) In what way does Fleming exaggerate parts of Japanese culture to make the novel excting and express some of the deeper themes?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)