|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the C in SPECTRE stand for?
2. What music does Bond hear from behind a door?
3. What does Bond hide behind?
4. Where does Bond convince Kissy to take him to?
5. What is the business man carrying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine one of the following aspects of Japanese culture:
1) Attitudes to foreigners
3) Respect of elders and superiors.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's representation of Japanese culture.
1) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Japanese culture is?
2) In what way does Fleming exaggerate parts of Japanese culture to make the novel excting and express some of the deeper themes?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)