|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bar does Bond go to on his second night in Japan?
2. Who does Tiger want Bond to kill?
3. What kind of building is the Outer Shrine of Ise?
4. What was Fukuoka once used for?
5. Where did the doctor recruit staff from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dr. Shatterhand come to Japan?
2. What does Tanako tell Bond during their business meeting?
3. How does M describe Tiger?
4. Why is M concerned about Bond?
5. What is the large red wheel for?
6. What does Bond say he sees all around him?
7. What does Tanako say is the difference between American and Japanese culture?
8. How does Tiger change Bond's appearance?
9. What was the young man's motivation for killing himself?
10. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)