Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the letter say the Soviet Union will stop their attack?
2. What squashed the young man's head ?
3. What does Tiger say Bond would have been singled out as a day before?
4. What was the name of Bond's wife?
5. How does the foreigner kill people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
2. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
3. How do the Japanese secure their Secret Service building?
4. What does the sheet of paper say that Tiger hands Bond?
5. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
6. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
7. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
8. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
9. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
10. What is ON?
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and in particular crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of:
In 1967 You Only Live Twice was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 4 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)