Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the letter say the Soviet Union will stop their attack?
2. What squashed the young man's head ?
3. What does Tiger say Bond would have been singled out as a day before?
4. What was the name of Bond's wife?
5. How does the foreigner kill people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
2. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
3. How do the Japanese secure their Secret Service building?
4. What does the sheet of paper say that Tiger hands Bond?
5. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
6. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
7. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
8. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
9. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
10. What is ON?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of death.
1) In what way does Fleming use the Japanese setting to express the theme of death?
2) How does the theme of death affect the tone of the novel? Is it different in thone to other Bond novels?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
You Only Live Twice is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in You Only Live Twice?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)