|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign behind the book shelf say?
2. Which of the following poisonous species does the doctor not have in his garden?
3. Where did the Soviets test the nuclear bomb?
4. What does Bond think the young man should have tried to do?
5. What does Tiger say the dangerous foreigner is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the castle the doctor settles on.
2. What does Bond do in his first night in Japan?
3. What does the dangerous foreigner do in Japan?
4. What is ON?
5. What is the garden of death?
6. What is Molony's reasoning behind sending Bond on a dangerous mission?
7. Why is M concerned about Bond?
8. How do Russia want their safety guaranteed?
9. Why is Tiger pleased with Bond?
10. How does Bill Tanner help Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements to write a 500-word essay:
1) You Only Live Twice is an example of how Bond keeps the series going through the constant theme of revenge.
2) Bond and Blofeld are not far apart in personality and the only thing that separates them is the fact they are on different sides.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)