|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bond playing a game with?
2. Who does Tiger want Bond to kill?
3. Why do the government not prosecute the doctor?
4. What kind of mission does Molony suggest that M gives Bond?
5. What is ON?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the young man in Tokyo kill himself?
2. Why does Kissy lie to Bond?
3. What advice does Tiger give Bond at the train station?
4. What does Bond overhear Blofeld say to his wife?
5. Why does Bond refuse the antidote?
6. What poisons are there in the park?
7. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
8. Why does Tiger consider one foreigner dangerous?
9. Why is Tiger pleased with Bond?
10. Describe Bond's parents.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where did he learn about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Essay Topic 3
You Only Live Twice is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in You Only Live Twice?
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)