|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M rename Bond?
2. What happens if someone screws down the red wheel?
3. What was the doctor and his wife interested in opening in Japan?
4. Who does Tiger want Bond to kill?
5. What is Dikko's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Dikko give Bond about Tiger Tananko?
2. How do the Japanese secure their Secret Service building?
3. Why is M concerned about Bond?
4. What does Bond do in his first night in Japan?
5. How do Russia want their safety guaranteed?
6. What does Tanako say is the difference between American and Japanese culture?
7. Why does Tiger consider one foreigner dangerous?
8. Why did Dr. Shatterhand come to Japan?
9. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
10. What accident does Bond witness at the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's representation of Japanese culture.
1) How accurate do the students think Fleming's representation of Japanese culture is?
2) In what way does Fleming exaggerate parts of Japanese culture to make the novel excting and express some of the deeper themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements to write a 500-word essay:
1) You Only Live Twice is an example of how Bond keeps the series going through the constant theme of revenge.
2) Bond and Blofeld are not far apart in personality and the only thing that separates them is the fact they are on different sides.
Essay Topic 3
Examine one of the following aspects of Japanese culture:
1) Attitudes to foreigners
3) Respect of elders and superiors.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)