Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the letter say the Soviet Union will stop their attack?
2. What squashed the young man's head ?
3. What does Tiger say Bond would have been singled out as a day before?
4. What was the name of Bond's wife?
5. How does the foreigner kill people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
2. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
3. How do the Japanese secure their Secret Service building?
4. What does the sheet of paper say that Tiger hands Bond?
5. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
6. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
7. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
8. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
9. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
10. What is ON?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements to write a 500-word essay:
1) You Only Live Twice is an example of how Bond keeps the series going through the constant theme of revenge.
2) Bond and Blofeld are not far apart in personality and the only thing that separates them is the fact they are on different sides.
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Fleming portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
In 1967 You Only Live Twice was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 4 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)