|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar Dikko and Bond visit in this chapter?
2. What does Tiger say will happen if Bond betrays his trust?
3. What does Tiger say Bond would have been singled out as a day before?
4. Which of the following poisonous species does the doctor not have in his garden?
5. Who was the castle once owned by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blofeld capture Bond?
2. What does Bond witness from his hideout?
3. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
4. What does Tanako tell Bond during their business meeting?
5. Describe how Bond makes his way through the castle?
6. Why does Tanako call Bond Bondo-san?
7. What was the young man's motivation for killing himself?
8. Why is M concerned about Bond?
9. Why is Tiger pleased with Bond?
10. Why did Dr. Shatterhand come to Japan?
Essay Topic 1
You Only Live Twice is written in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
In 1967 You Only Live Twice was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 4 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following statements to write a 500-word essay:
1) You Only Live Twice is an example of how Bond keeps the series going through the constant theme of revenge.
2) Bond and Blofeld are not far apart in personality and the only thing that separates them is the fact they are on different sides.
This section contains 1,527 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)