|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the letter say the Soviet Union will stop their attack?
2. What squashed the young man's head ?
3. What does Tiger say Bond would have been singled out as a day before?
4. What was the name of Bond's wife?
5. How does the foreigner kill people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kissy try and stimulate Bond's senses?
2. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
3. How do the Japanese secure their Secret Service building?
4. What does the sheet of paper say that Tiger hands Bond?
5. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
6. Why is the castle a taboo subject?
7. What is the legend of the Six Guardians?
8. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
9. What does Kissy tell Bond when he wakes up?
10. What is ON?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How do Fleming use character and dialogue to drive the narrative.
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Away from the main character examine the way Fleming uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of revenge.
1) In what way is the theme of revenge a general theme in Bond books? Why is it so important to the series and Bond's character as a whole?
2) How does Fleming express the theme of revenge in You Only Live Twice.
Essay Topic 3
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and in particular crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of:
This section contains 1,545 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)