|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the doctor and his wife?
2. How does the foreigner kill people?
3. Why do the government not prosecute the doctor?
4. What game are Tiger and Bond playing?
5. Who is rumored to be known as the Number One of the operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dangerous foreigner do in Japan?
2. Why is Dikko so angry in Melody's bar?
3. What advice does Tiger give Bond at the train station?
4. How did the young man in Tokyo kill himself?
5. How do Russia want their safety guaranteed?
6. Describe the castle the doctor settles on.
7. What is Bond's new mission?
8. What does Tiger say is his real feelings towards foreigners?
9. What does Tanako say is the difference between American and Japanese culture?
10. Why does Tiger consider one foreigner dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and in particular crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Examine one of the following aspects of Japanese culture:
1) Attitudes to foreigners
3) Respect of elders and superiors.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)