|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have all the doctors Bond has seen suggested to him?
2. Who is Bond playing a game with?
3. What did the doctor find in Kyushu?
4. Who does Dikko say is listening to them?
5. Who are people in the temple saying their prayers to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bond's day with Kissy.
2. Describe Bond's parents.
3. What catch 22 situation does Blofeld put Bond in?
4. What does Tiger say is his real feelings towards foreigners?
5. What is the large red wheel for?
6. What is Bond's feeling at the beginning of the chapter?
7. Describe Bond and Tanako's game of rock scissors paper.
8. What does Bond say he sees all around him?
9. What is Tiger's plan to get into the castle?
10. What advice does Dikko give Bond about Tiger Tananko?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 1,448 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)