|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond ask Tiger about?
2. What is the Black Dragon Society?
3. What does Tiger tell Bond he is not allowed to do?
4. What is marked on the first door Bond and Dikko enter?
5. What happens if someone screws down the red wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
2. What famous folktale does Tiger tell Bond?
3. What poisons are there in the park?
4. What is Bond's new mission?
5. What does Tanako say is the difference between American and Japanese culture?
6. How do Russia want their safety guaranteed?
7. How did the young man in Tokyo kill himself?
8. What accident does Bond witness at the school?
9. What does Tanako tell Bond during their business meeting?
10. Why is Tiger pleased with Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where did he learn about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)