|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M rename Bond?
2. Who are people in the temple saying their prayers to?
3. What kind of passport does Tanner set Bond up with?
4. What does M want to do with Bond?
5. What drink are Bond and Tiger drinking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moloney suggest M does to help Bond get back to his old self?
2. What does Tiger think about Western culture?
3. What does Bond say he sees all around him?
4. How does Tiger change Bond's appearance?
5. How do the Japanese secure their Secret Service building?
6. How does Bill Tanner help Bond?
7. Why did Dr. Shatterhand come to Japan?
8. What advice does Tiger give Bond at the train station?
9. What advice does Dikko give Bond about Tiger Tananko?
10. What famous folktale does Tiger tell Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine one of the following aspects of Japanese culture:
1) Attitudes to foreigners
3) Respect of elders and superiors.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)