|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond ordered into for ten minutes?
2. What is the Black Dragon Society?
3. What does Tiger tell Bond never to be in Japan?
4. Where does M meet his friend for a chat?
5. What does Tiger say Bond would have been singled out as a day before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the government not prosecute Dr. Shatterhand?
2. What advice does Dikko give Bond about Tiger Tananko?
3. How do Russia want their safety guaranteed?
4. What does Bond think about as he wanders around the park?
5. What does Tanako say is the difference between American and Japanese culture?
6. Why did Dr. Shatterhand come to Japan?
7. What famous folktale does Tiger tell Bond?
8. What does the sheet of paper say that Tiger hands Bond?
9. Describe Bond and Tanako's game of rock scissors paper.
10. What is Bond's feeling at the beginning of the chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bond books greatly influenced modern literature and in particular crime books. Choose a book written after the novel that you think was influenced by it and discuss there similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where did he learn about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 3
In 1967 You Only Live Twice was made into a film starring Sean Connery. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 4 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)