|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have all the doctors Bond has seen suggested to him?
2. What happens if someone screws down the red wheel?
3. What bar does Bond go to on his second night in Japan?
4. What drink does Dikko order at the Bamboo Bar?
5. What does Tanaka invite Bond home to discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bond and Tanako's game of rock scissors paper.
2. What is Bond's new mission?
3. What is the garden of death?
4. What is ON?
5. How does Bill Tanner help Bond?
6. What does Tiger say is his real feelings towards foreigners?
7. What does Bond say he sees all around him?
8. How does Tiger change Bond's appearance?
9. How does M describe Tiger?
10. What poisons are there in the park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the difference between American and Japanese culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)