|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bond's boss?
2. Which of the following poisonous species does the doctor not have in his garden?
3. What is Bond ordered into for ten minutes?
4. What does Bond say Tiger philosophized about the previous night?
5. What squashed the young man's head ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dr. Shatterhand come to Japan?
2. What does Tiger say is his real feelings towards foreigners?
3. What does Bond say Dikko did the night before?
4. Why does Tiger consider one foreigner dangerous?
5. What does Tiger think about Western culture?
6. Describe Bond and Tanako's game of rock scissors paper.
7. What does the sheet of paper say that Tiger hands Bond?
8. What does Moloney suggest M does to help Bond get back to his old self?
9. What is ON?
10. What is Molony's reasoning behind sending Bond on a dangerous mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine one of the following aspects of Japanese culture:
1) Attitudes to foreigners
3) Respect of elders and superiors.
Essay Topic 3
You Only Live Twice is known as spy fiction.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in You Only Live Twice?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)