|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does M meet his friend for a chat?
2. What does the dangerous foreigner own?
3. What happens if someone screws down the red wheel?
4. What is ON?
5. What does Tiger do when Bond defends the west?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tiger think about Western culture?
2. Describe Bond and Tanako's game of rock scissors paper.
3. Why does Tanako call Bond Bondo-san?
4. Describe the castle the doctor settles on.
5. How does Tiger change Bond's appearance?
6. How do the Japanese secure their Secret Service building?
7. What does the dangerous foreigner do in Japan?
8. What is ON?
9. What does Bond say he sees all around him?
10. What is Molony's reasoning behind sending Bond on a dangerous mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine one of the following aspects of Japanese culture:
1) Attitudes to foreigners
3) Respect of elders and superiors.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Fleming's writing style. How would you describe Fleming's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Fleming's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) Does Thundergall add any new elements to Bond's character? If so, what?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)