|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond say Tiger philosophized about the previous night?
(a) The world's affairs
(b) Australian culture
2. Why do the government not prosecute the doctor?
(a) He is providing a service
(b) He is a foreigner
(c) He controls the government
(d) He is too rich
3. What does Shimata translate as?
(a) Please excuse me
(b) Can you smell that
(d) I have made a mistake
4. What does Bond begin to wonder in this chapter?
(a) If he can find a new wife
(b) How he can get home
(c) What his mission in Japan really is
(d) If Tiger is a criminal
5. Who does Dikko give Bond advice on?
6. What was the doctor and his wife interested in opening in Japan?
(a) A hotel
(b) A theme park
(c) A restaurant
(d) An exotic garden
7. What organization is Tiger Tanaka head of?
(a) Japanese Secret Service
(b) Japanese mafia
(c) Japanese Communist Party
(d) Black Dragon
8. What was the name of Bond's wife?
9. What is the first line of Bond's haiki?
(a) Looting a museum
(b) A moon dips into the sea
(c) Forming a seedy life
(d) You only live twice
10. What does Bond witness at Tiger's training school?
(a) An accident
(b) A haiki festival
(c) A murder
(d) A rape
11. Who does Dikko say is listening to them?
12. What did the young man from Tokyo fail to do?
(a) Save his money
(b) Marry the woman of his choice
(c) Get into the college of his choice
(d) Become a baseball star
13. What game are Tiger and Bond playing?
(a) Rock, paper, scissors
(c) I spy
14. What does Tiger say many people in Japan see suicide as?
(a) The dishonorable option
(b) A show of love
(c) The only option
(d) The noble option
15. What do the Japanese regard foreigners as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tiger describe western culture as?
2. What is located in Kyoto?
3. What country does Bond have to go to?
4. Why does Tanako call Bond, Bondo-san?
5. What have all the doctors Bond has seen suggested to him?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)