|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young couple offended by?
2. How has the United States behaved in decision making at the United Nations
3. What do people need to feel most about their life?
4. What does America owe public servants?
5. According to Eleanor Roosevelt, what should people's ambitions be about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people choose their beliefs?
2. Why doe few people deliberately prepare to become public servants?
3. What is the key to democracy, according to Thomas Jefferson?
4. What does Eleanor Roosevelt have to say about the weight of delinquency and how it begins?
5. According to Eleanor Roosevelt, what is important to learn about the modern world that helps with respect and individuality?
6. How does Eleanor Roosevelt say one can be useful?
7. Describe the challenges of women in politics?
8. What inspiration does the Queen Mother Elizabeth of England give to Eleanor Roosevelt?
9. How is conformity promoted in the workplace and how does the individual rise from the pressure?
10. What does Eleanor Roosevelt believe families should share and how should they interact?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the character of Eleanor Roosevelt. What were her strengths, her weaknesses? How did she conduct herself in a way that made her inspirational? Be sure to include 3 anecdotes from her book that prove what kind of a person she was and how she affected change in a positive way.
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor Roosevelt believes that people must be interested in anything that comes their way and that it is absolutely necessary to keep a flexibility of mind since knowledge so often changes. Discuss our current administration, and the state of international relations with Iran, Afghanistan, and China. How and why is flexibility of mind crucial in these times of social and economic change? Why is this kind of flexibility different from assuming knowledge? Provide 3 examples of current events where it is necessary to keep a flexible mind in your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor Roosevelt was married to Franklin Roosevelt and discusses her husband as an inspirational figure in her own life. She learned many things from him that made her a stronger, better person. Choose 3 anecdotes that Ms. Roosevelt shares in her book in which she discusses her husband and analyze how they have affected Eleanor Roosevelt's life. How has Mr. Roosevelt served as much of a support for her as she has for him? Finally, how is this relationship almost a bedrock example of the definition of marriage to come.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)