|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do so few people become public servants?
(a) because it is public work
(b) because it is hard work
(c) because it holds an uncertain future
(d) because the risk is bigger than the reward
2. What is the key to success in democracy, according to Thomas Jefferson?
(a) responsibility for well-being
(b) responsibility of learning
(c) responsibility for family
(d) responsibility for fiscal spending
3. What is the name of the multicultural group of youths who assemble to discuss politics?
(a) The Encampment for Citizenship
(b) The Model United Nations
(c) The Multicultural Youth of Nations
(d) Citizenship Rights for Youth
4. What do young people most believe in?
(b) hard work
5. Where is conformity most promoted and almost desired?
(a) in the home
(b) in the worldplace
(c) in schools
(d) in the business world
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a public servant have a genuine love of in order to be successful?
2. How do people create themselves?
3. What does Eleanor Roosevelt see as a major societal pressure?
4. What does Eleanor Roosevelt mimic in Bombay that brings her an ovation?
5. What state does Eleanor Roosevelt say is easy and even fatal to slip into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the United States often despised by other nations?
2. What inspiration does the Queen Mother Elizabeth of England give to Eleanor Roosevelt?
3. What does Eleanor Roosevelt believe is a great danger to society?
4. What are several things that one must face before becoming a public servant?
5. What happens to Eleanor Roosevelt's mother's cousin that teachers her about the need to feel useful?
6. What example does Eleanor Roosevelt share about when discussing how to deal with people by estimating the extent of one's success in communicating with them?
7. How is conformity promoted in the workplace and how does the individual rise from the pressure?
8. What is the key to democracy, according to Thomas Jefferson?
9. What actions did The King of England do with the CCC camp as well as at a tea party in the White House that left a particularly favorable impression with Eleanor Roosevelt?
10. What does Eleanor Roosevelt believe families should share and how should they interact?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)