|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must a family be willing to accept when a member decides to become a public servant?
(a) accept their emotional distance
(b) accept their way of life
(c) accept their travel schedule
(d) accept their financial hardship
2. What does Eleanor Roosevelt believe about other people's opinions?
(a) seek to placate people's opinions
(b) mean well in actions and the opinions will be positive
(c) not to worry about them only mean well in actions
(d) seek personal approval first
3. What is an important feature about a volunteer?
4. What do young people most believe in?
(c) hard work
5. What does Eleanor Roosevelt learn that children are not born to be, but are taught to be through society?
6. What do people often blame others for?
(a) their mistakes
(b) their health
(c) their responsibilities
(d) their grief
7. How does one young man offend an office full of people in Japan?
(a) the man does not attempt to speak Japanese
(b) the man dresses inappropriately
(c) the man suggests gender equality
(d) the man bows down
8. What is the young couple offended by?
(a) their neighbors politics
(b) their neighbors misogyny
(c) their neighbors racism
(d) their neighbors lifestyle
9. What are the two types of social conformity that Eleanor Roosevelt discusses?
(a) social conformity and conformity to alien standards
(b) conformity to alien standards and moral conformity
(c) economic conformity and conformity to alien standards
(d) ethical conformity and political conformity
10. How to people choose their beliefs?
(a) through tenacity and persistence in finding the truth
(b) through a series of trial and error
(c) through the influence of their families
(d) through their ability to stand up for their beliefs
11. What separates a successful person who achieves great things from an ordinary individual?
(a) they have connections
(b) they believe they can
(c) they have the talent and drive
(d) they have luck on their side
12. What kind of children are often ashamed of their parents?
(a) adopted children
(b) privileged children
(c) immigrant children
(d) foster children
13. Why does ignoring the law undermine?
(a) the politicians who set the laws into place
(b) the fabric on which society rests
(c) one's own self-respect
(d) the heart of government
14. What skill is important to teach children at an early age?
(a) to think for themselves
(b) to work hard to reap the benefits
(c) to be patient
(d) to get along with others
15. What is each individual responsible for in their community?
(a) the crime rate
(b) the pride in ownership
(c) the well-being
(d) the santitation
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key to success in democracy, according to Thomas Jefferson?
2. What is Eleanor Roosevelt's definition of success?
3. What mistake does a youth make that Eleanor Roosevelt takes a deep interest in?
4. What does Eleanor Roosevelt say is important to work for when working for a group?
5. What do people need to feel most about their life?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)