|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ch. 7, The Right to be an Individual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eleanor Roosevelt train her memory as young child?
(a) she memorized the Old Testament in French
(b) she memorized the New Testament in German
(c) she memorized the Old Testament in Flemish
(d) she memorized the New Testament in French
2. According to Ms. Roosevelt, what are the most important ingredients in a child's education?
(a) curiosity, strength, trust, and resilience
(b) curiosity, challenge, danger, and fortitude
(c) curiosity, fortitude, prudence, and cunning
(d) curiosity, interest, imagination, and a sense of adventure
3. What are the two types of social conformity that Eleanor Roosevelt discusses?
(a) ethical conformity and political conformity
(b) social conformity and conformity to alien standards
(c) economic conformity and conformity to alien standards
(d) conformity to alien standards and moral conformity
4. Where does courage sometimes come from?
(a) undeniable loneliness and hardship
(b) sheer exasperation at the event that has occurred
(c) sheer desperation in having to face the inevitable
(d) sheer exhaustion and abandonment
5. What quality does a mature person have that specifically sets them apart from the others?
(b) self - control
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ms. Roosevelt, what must people acquire the ability to do?
2. What is every individual responsible for?
3. Who is the author of "You Learn By Living"?
4. What does Eleanor Roosevelt say is necessary to accept in others?
5. What will a mature person avoid because it is useless in terms of self-improvement?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)